[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kuckaiden: Tales of a punished modder Pt 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: FAR mod.png (621KB, 646x685px) Image search: [Google]
FAR mod.png
621KB, 646x685px
>be NEET living in my parents basement retired programmer from a company noone has ever heard of
>see people on the steam forums complaining about denuvo and insulting my favorite corporation
>they won't get away with this
>defend denuvo at every opportunity for hours a day weeks before release
>make a popular mod that fixes all of NieR Automata's major port issues
>finally now people are recognizing my power and giving me the respect I deserve
>game gets cracked in a month
>they WON'T get away with this
>make my mod break for pirated copies as well as for anyone in the blacklist of users who disagree with me on the steam forums
>someone else forks the source code of my mod and removes the anti-piracy/blacklist features
>throw shitfit and get banned for a week on Steam forums
>people shit on me while i'm banned
>continue to throw shit fit insulting everyone who doesn't respect me on private forum and a moderator deletes my 500 page thread
>accuse mod of being a pirate
>clutch my crusty 2B dakimakura and cry myself to sleep
>neogaf/kotaku tries to defend me but all the comments are calling me a cunt
>visited by the FBI for cyber crimes
>tfw they got away with it
UPDATE 5/15/2017
>mod gets removed from GitHub for violating terms of service
>moves repo to GitLabs which is notorious for allowing anything and everything on their platform

UPDATE 5/17/2017
The two spergs are at each other's throats again
https://archive.is/2YfDo

UPDATE 5/19: HE THREATENED A FUCKING LAWSUIT https://archive.is/0t8S1

LAWSUIT TIME
>>
go back to redddit autist
>>
I just dont care
sorry
>>
Why can't pirates just admit they are trash?
>>
>>377467703
Watching a forum argument that started about removing Denuvo after it was cracked play out in the court system will be funny to watch though.
>>
You've spent more time sperging out over this than playing the game.
>>
>>377468027
Everyone involved has. It's the best thread on the Steam forums.
>>
>>377468027
And the game was shit anyways.
>>
File: 1493082291624.jpg (290KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493082291624.jpg
290KB, 1280x1080px
>>377469609
>mfw when I imagine being this pleb
>>
>>377467597
>Denuvo was created by the same company behind SecuROM, a service which left unremovable traces of their software (which posed such a security risk that Microsoft blocked from running on its later operating systems).
And it's true for Denuvo too.
http://store.steampowered.com//eula/371660_eula_1
>THE PRODUCT IS PROTECTED BY DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (“DRM SOFTWARE”) AND DENUVO ANTI-TAMPER PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY (“ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY”).

>CERTAIN FILES OF THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY MAY REMAIN EVEN AFTER THE PRODUCT IS UNINSTALLED FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

>IN NO EVENT SHALL UBISOFT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER BY ANY DRM SOFTWARE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ANTI-TAMPER TECHNOLOGY.
Literally an officially sanctioned trojan/botnet.
>>
File: 1476504957981.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1476504957981.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
>>377471717
Jokes on denuvo, i don't install their bullshit
>>
>>377471717
It's times like these I'm thankful I don't buy AAA trash. If I do, it'll be on the PS4 now.

Thanks Denuvocucks
>>
>all these people defending DRM
>after it has been cracked
this thread is disgusting
>>
Everyone involved is autistic and should kys yourself
>>
>>377472339
There's 1 and it's probably (You)
>>
>>377472516
at least the anti-DRM guys have a point that DRM has no place once a game has been cracked

the others are just shilling for denuvo and being good goys
>>
pc gaming sounds cool
>>
>>377473308
Any game that has Denuvo in it, get the console version.
>>
>>377467597
Why do you keep making this thread, retard? No one cares.
>>
>>377473641
>each thread gets hundreds of replies
speak for yourself denuvocuck
>>
>>377473612
i have a couple of denuvo games on pc. the only thing that bothers me is not being able to apply patches that show playstation-style button prompts instead of xbox ones.

if it keeps filthy turbonerds from cheating in multiplayer games and ruining it for everyone else, i'll tolerate it.
>>
>not use the mod
>use window borderless gaming, a wonderful, wonderful tool for many gaymes
Shit's fine dawg.
>>
>>377473828
It has nothing to do with that

Denuvo is online authentication based so if Denuvo goes down, you're fucked
>>
>>377473828
That's not what Devnuvo handles. All it does is force the game to call on a server (sometimes at random times) to authenticate that your copy is legitimate.

It doesn't actually stop cheating in any way.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.