[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy XII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: ffx2.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffx2.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
Is it any good? Is it worth checking out the remaster?
>>
it good
>>
My favorite FF. Feels like an offline MMO done perfectly to me.
>>
>>377456330
This one probably had the worst combat, since you could just setup gambits to make the game literally play itself from like level 10 onwards.
>>
>>377456330
I played some of the first Sword Art game on vita which was like an offline MMO and that was fucking terrible, but that was also Sword Art, which was bad.

But I also tried to play some of Xenoblade 1 and idk that didn't really hold my interest either. couldn't tell if it was because of the combat or the story.
>>
>>377454957
This game is good detector of uneducated kids/manchildren who only want EPIC ANIME EXPLOSIONS CRYSTALS MUH EVIL EPIC FF13 IS A GOOD GAME IT'S FUN FUCK OFFFF WHY DOES THE GAME PLAYS ITSELF I WANT TO MASH X MILLION TIMES

Best written dialogues in entire franchise.
>>
>>377456461
Yeah, it gets dull if you just have one set of characters and one set of gambits and steamroll everything that way. I really liked switching my party members around and redoing my gambits in IZJS though. Plus late game for the harder marks and hunts the gambit system felt more like a puzzle to me, trying to figure out a reliable solution for every hard fight.

I thought it was a fun system.
>>
>>377454957
It's an offline MMO and the game plays itself.
>>
>>377456461
So don't do that.

Most FF encounters are mashing attack anyway. I don't get this complaint.

I liked having the option to work out a macro for trash mobs then take control once something more demanding appeared.

>>377456547
Done right is the operative. There's a sense of expansiveness about the game world and the non-hostile NPCs that were adventures like you'd that you'd run into played into the mmo-esque fantasy.

Saying MMO to someone without having them experience the game might give the wrong impression though. It's much tighter, but good at pretending it isn't.
>>
>>377457142
> I don't get this complaint.
No one likes playing beneath their capability. If the option is present for me to do such a thing, I will take it every time.
>>
>>377454957
Even a Stray has Pride.
>>
>>377454957
The game is drastically improved if you ditch Vahn and pretend Basch is the main character.
>>
File: 152.jpg (2KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
2KB, 88x88px
>>377454957
It's good but they're doing an HD "remake" soon so I'd just hold off.
>>
>>377457298
ashe is the main chatacter
>>
>>377457225
if you're approaching a final fantasy game hoping to prove your "capability" then i think we found your problem
>>
>>377457225
You have my sympathy then.

I don't know how you can stomach this entire genre desu.
>>
File: 1494708973579.jpg (20KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1494708973579.jpg
20KB, 177x177px
>pc rpgs
>press rmb to move character to enemy and auto-attack it
>political plots in half of pc rpgs
>goty based gaben never ever on consoles

>ff12
>press an analog stick to move character to enemy and character auto-attack it(because of gambits)
>political plot
>Woaw the gaem plays itself boring politics sux boo
>>
I fell in love with it when I emulated the IZJS version with the English patch. It added a lot of depth to the game, vastly improving on everything. Highly recommend, one of my favorite FF.
>>
File: HQ.jpg (652KB, 1263x1786px) Image search: [Google]
HQ.jpg
652KB, 1263x1786px
>>377457395
Balthier and Fran are.
>>
>>377457395
Ashe, Balthier and Basch are all equally important to the story.
>>
>>377454957
The best FF imho.
>>
>>377457769
>imho
?
>>
>>377457667
Balthier confirmed manlet
>>
>>377457882
Then Vaan is a literall skinny midget
And Fran is a 7.6 ft tall goddessUnf
>>
>>377454957
By far the worst main line FF game. Gameplay is atrocious and literally autopilot, characters are awful, story is retarded and the one high point, the setting, is actually a bastardization stolen from a much better game. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>377457142
That's pretty much how I set things up. I'd have a set of gambits that I used for a particular zone (usually due to a prevalence of a status ailment or some pesky foe), then I'd switch things up for the harder targets while occasionally using direct commands as needed.
>>
Will I select 2 jobs for each character? Will both jobs stack their lores and shit? This is the deciding factor if i buy it or just emulate it again to talk about /v/
>>
>>377457816
In My Honest Opinion grandpa.

I've had this game on my shelf since I was about 14 years old. I tried playing it after beating FFX for the first time a couple year ago. Booted up FFXII and played about 2 hours and hated it. The combat system is the most boring thing in the world I felt, and I know FFX isn't very hard with turn based but it feels like a beta battle system that made it into the final game
Does it get better/is it worth giving it more of a chance? I loved FFX-2's battle system after a bit, story was shit and a bit too weeb for me but it was genuinely fun.
>>
>>377457816
Phrase
>IMHO

(Internet) Initialism of in my humble opinion.
>>
Futile, Basch! Long have I walked in hatred's company. As long as I can curse your name, I shall not be defeated!
>>
>>377454957
It's better than P5
>>
You confound me, brother! You failed Landis! You failed Dalmasca! All you were to protect! Yet you still hold onto your honour! How?
>>
>>377456601
Vapid, Shakespearian garbage does not substitute for an emotionally compelling plot anon. The party feels too big because none of their characters get fleshed out. They didnt form real relationships. Penelo and Vaan were supposed to be like brother and sister but it never feels like it. Basch is just... *there*. The Veera and the sky pirate had no chemistry. No body becomes friends. No memorial bants. The princess is fridged and immemorable. She was supposed to bond with Vaan over their shared loss and it felt flat. She's the prime mover of the plot, they're rallying to save her kingdom but it feels like the rest of the party is just tagging along. There were so many themes that couldve been played off of, classism, patriotism, the evils of imperialism, the cruelty of an occupying army, but either these were absent or they were executed terribly on an emotional level. No death felt sad. No oppression stirred any anger in me. Sky piracy wasnt even explored. Where's the mystery and thrill of the underground? No nothing inspired a sense of patriotism. Why fight for these nations? Where was the empires sense of grandure? All of it was flat.
>>
what are the actual changes they made for the new version
>>
Why do you hesitate? Take what is yours. The Cryst is a
blade. It was meant for you. Wield it! Avenge your father! Yes, it was I who wore Basch’s face- who cut down the life of Dalmasca. Lady Ashe! Your father’s murderer is here!

The whole script is amazing tier. Same for FFT The war of the lion (aka the best translation)
>>
>>377458450
Rented it from Rockbuster (was probably 12 or so)
Enjoyed it
Bought it about a year later and started from scratch
Got stuck somewhere sort of early on and shelved the game
Returned to it a few months later
Marathoned it to near full completion (Japanese style literally /no-one/ would figure [thing] out without a guide BS aside)

I don't know about you, but some of my favorite games didn't suck me in until I gave it another shot some time down the line. SR: Dragonfall spent two years on the side until I tried it again and it became one of my favorite CRPGs.
>>
>>377454957
Vanilla game has issues with phys attacks quickly outpacing anything else and all character having the same skills so your characters becoming auto attack clone gods.
It's why no one trashes something like DA:O for 'playing itself' but criticize ff12 for the same thing. Playing itself isn't the problem. It being way too easy is the issue.

The international edition buffs magic and adds jobs, limiting license boards, so your characters aren't all the same auto attacking ass wrecking robots. Adds the layer of strategy the game badly needed.
It's good.
>>
>>377457225
This is not how you play video games.
>>
File: 256px-Gsbox.jpg (29KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Gsbox.jpg
29KB, 256x255px
>>377459101
Huh interesting. Yeah I played up to Mt. Gagazet when I was younger and got stuck on the fucking khamari brothers fight of all things. Extremely easy today but yeah I went back and now it's my favorite FF, granted I've only played Tactics, FFVI, FFVII, FFX/X-2, and FFXII (All to completion/100% except XII), so my frame of reference isn't as broad as most.
Modern FF seems to be in the shitter, which is sad. I'd rather play Golden Sun than any modern FF. My hopes for KH3 are pretty shattered these days, haven't played one since KH2 FM
>>
>>377459546
Why are posting a dead series
>>
File: 1-TVh100t4Ne-NdR4llAKheg.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-TVh100t4Ne-NdR4llAKheg.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>377459682
Because, in my personal opinion, it's better than an active series, modern final fantasy. Read my post fuckwit.
>>
>>377459546
>Modern FF
Y'know, I was sort of disappointed with the XIII's, and I hate to say it like this, but given that FFXII is my benchmark, tossing aside my expectations helped me look back on XIII more fondly and actively enjoy XIII-2 for the music and spectacle.

Still don't like Lightning Returns, but who knows how I'll feel in a year.

Now, FF15? That was just sad.
>>
>>377456461
That means you were overleveled.

Though I will be fair and say overleveling in this game is extremely easy because the amount of LP enemies can give doesn't go up very much and they will always give at least 1.
>>
>>377454957
>Is it any good?
Yes. Very good.
> Is it worth checking out the remaster?
If you don't have a PS2 and have no intention of getting one, I guess. Yu'd have to be a sucker to buy a remaster otherwise.
>>
>>377460303
You need a PS4 for FFXV, FFVII and maybe FFXVI if you are a final fantasy fan...
>>
>>377457623
>>press an analog stick to move character to enemy and character auto-attack it(because of gambits)
>using gambits for the character you control
Doing it wrong. Bring the reigns of control back into the hands of man. You should always have gambits off for at least 1 party member.
>>
>>377460507
i bought ffxvi a long time ago. but every time i buy a sub for it i barely play it. i hate how it just forces you to play for the month, it cant just take a day off the sub every time you play for that day.
>>
>>377460507
u wot? While I disagree with that rubbish statement very much I fail to see what that has to do with owning or having the intention to own a PS2.
>>
>>377460507
>FFVIIR
>release before PS5
get real
>>
>>377456461
Has anyone seriously ever done this? I can't think of a setup that would account for every different enemy. That would require changing your whole setup every time you move to another place, I can't even.
Unless you're talking about simple shit like auto-attack and auto-heal but if that's enough to kill stuff you're probably too strong for the area anyways.
Btw, I felt what made the original game too easy was that you needed to have your while party dead to get a game over, including backup members. Did they change that? The only enemy that I think would need a change in that case is the ultimate summon, fag could instakill your whole party.
>>
>>377461665
yeah no, people just want to shit on the game and bullshit about everything.

i remember always taking control of who i played as and i was setting up different gambits all throughout the entire game. gambits do fail, and sometimes they can't even keep up with your chain. if you want to beat yaizmat and have the perfect setup, thats what you think after you come back from going out to a chinese restaurent you see everyone dead
>>
Anyone else find Ashe extremely attractive? Even with her bitchy attitude.
>>
>>377454957
Its the best mainline Final Fantasy game.

The best side FF game is Chocobo Dungeon
>>
The steelcase for the the remaster is 10/10
>>
>>377461832
Yeah, I always micromanaged everyone during boss fights, making sure they all got healed/buffed at the same time but keeping them away from each other to avoid AOEs. Probably could have gone the easier way with a couple hours of grinding but it made fights intense.
Well, optional ones because the story bosses still sucked.
>>
File: allhailmatsuno.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
allhailmatsuno.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>377454957
Yes.
Yes.
>>
I don't like the two jobs they added. Makes an already easy game even easier. Plus Zodiark is going to be even more of a dick now that spell ques are gone.

But x4 turbo mode is going to make farming and grinding so much quicker and better.
>>
>>377462178
Reminder first-run regular cases have the steelbook artwork as a reversible for those who prefer uniformity in cases like I do.
>>
>>377462223
i dont remember the game that much but i remember some bosses being so hard for me i just remember them. the green forest dragon that inflicts every status effect ever on everyone. the big bomb. the wraith ghost right before that city area. before all that, i was stuck on doctor cid for the longest time. but i think i beat the forest dragon by just trying to incflict as much mist awakening as possible on him. just chaining him to death. i'll get better at the game when i replay it. i can't wait.
>>
File: 1370744156772.gif (1016KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1370744156772.gif
1016KB, 250x333px
Final Fantasy XII is good if you find non existent character development, boring over politicized plot, coma-inducing gameplay, and a protagonist who isn't really a protagonist enjoyable.
>>
File: 1474927822261.gif (857KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1474927822261.gif
857KB, 320x239px
>>377463291
Was I in a coma when I played XII? I can't remember. Guess that means I liked it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>377463665
If you can't remember what it was like playing FFXII, that means the game was forgettable and that you're a massive faggot
>>
File: 12a-judgemasters.jpg (247KB, 1463x1102px) Image search: [Google]
12a-judgemasters.jpg
247KB, 1463x1102px
Those guys fucked up FFTA and FFTA2 with their law cards
>>
>>377463910
But I remember the game.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.