[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 64

File: unpopular opinions.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
unpopular opinions.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Post things that the average /v/ anon would disagree with but you actually agree with
>>
i love the nintendo switch and think its a great console
>>
>>377447067
modern games are trash
>>
>>377447067
cave story is not a fucking metroidvania
>>
Conviction was a good game, but not a good splinter cell game.
>>
>>377447230
>>377447165
You guys are doing it wrong. "Unpopular Opinion" doesn't mean "I get triggered by people saying otherwise"
>>
>>377447067
Multiplayer games are only fun when playing with a group of friends
Otherwise they are boring and a waste of time
>>
File: image (1).jpg (1MB, 2992x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
1MB, 2992x3024px
>>377447335
modern games are trash
>>
>>377447067
Sonic 06 is pretty alright outside of glitches and story
Sonic's gameplay outside of mach speed sections handles much better than the adventure games though the homing attack could be a bit better
>>
Pikmin 2 is the best Pikmin game
>>
Super Paper Mario is a good game
Crysis 2/3 are both better than Crysis 1
>>
Most Warhammer 40k games are pretty good, but the 40k fandom is autistic as hell and their autism gives a bad impression to non-fans.
>>
>>377447067
Skyrim is the best eldar scrolls. Its popularity, sales, and longevity prove it. Morrowind and odlivion are ether to generic or clunky to be considered the best.
>>
playing on hard is often very counterproductive and gives you more negative emotions than fun
>>
This is an amusing thread, since /v/ has nothing but unpopular opinions. Thus, an unpopular-/v/ opinion is just whatever is 'normal' or mainstream.
>>
Planescape Torment is horribly overrated
>>
Zestiria > Berseria.
>>
>>377447230
This isn't reddit sonny.
>>
I like the Switch and look forward to its future content.
>>
Mass Effect 3, despite the ending drama, was actually a fun game. It flowed really well and the combat was top notch.
>>
I liked metroid prime 2 more than 1
>>
File: RedditProhibited.png (37KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
RedditProhibited.png
37KB, 574x574px
>>377448131
>liking a classic is bad
more likely
>I don't know what that old pixel shit is, it's not waifus and generic shooters so it's bad
I wonder who is behind this post?
>>
File: teddie.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
teddie.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
Partners in time > bowser's inside story > dream team > paper jam > super star saga
>>
Spore is good
>>
Spyro is boring as fuck.
>>
>>377448386
Goddamn right it is.
>>
>>377448386
oh wow
>>
File: thumb-1920-698414.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-698414.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>377447067
Dark Souls 3 is the best video game ever created.
>>
File: Semenborn.jpg (230KB, 492x794px) Image search: [Google]
Semenborn.jpg
230KB, 492x794px
>>377447067

Battleborn is a great game to cum on.
>>
modern consoles are pretty fun
>>
File: 1474908405906.jpg (165KB, 1024x920px) Image search: [Google]
1474908405906.jpg
165KB, 1024x920px
Controller is better than using a keyboard for about 90% of games that are worth playing.

There is literally nothing wrong with 30 fps

Nintendo was right in DCMAing AM2R.

I dont really care about censorship since most of it is just weebie shit anyway. I'll start caring about censorship in video games when it stops being primarily about an anime girl's nipples being slightly less prominent.

Denuvo is a good thing for the industry and Video game piracy is bad. Not necessarily because it hurts companies but because you don't deserve their products for free.

Dragon's Dogma is a legitimately bad game with few redeeming qualities. /v/ only likes it because it isn't popular

If I see a game that I want I will buy it. Moral stances on video game companies is unbelievably pants on head retarded.

DmC is a perfectly good entry in the DMC series and is greatly improved if you take the writing as self satire

Naughty Dog is hands down the best developer in the industry

ME Andromeda is an excellent game, and the best in the series, due to the refined combat and variety in mission locations

More racial, gender, and queer representation in vidya is objectively good.

Dwarf Fortress is mediocre.

MGS1 has aged like shit, Peace Walker is the peak of the series

Horizion Zero Dawn is one of the best open world games ever made and overall a better game than Witcher 3

Old games that took specific autistic skills to be good at weren't usually like that because of engine constraints, horribly designed UIs, bug oversights and overall spaghetti code

Much of the perceived 'depth' of games pre-2005 is simply due to a lack of smoothness caused by poor programming ability and User Interface

There's nothing wrong with stuff like Gone Home . They are just as much video games as anything else.

All of the Half Life and STALKER are massively overrated, mediocre and barely worth playing. Bioshock and Halo are shooters that have much better gameplay than HL
>>
File: 1493089367735.jpg (59KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
1493089367735.jpg
59KB, 559x399px
Out of Persona 3, 4 and 5 P3 is the one with the best soundtrack.
>>
File: bait.png (93KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
93KB, 1198x1200px
>>377450114
>More racial, gender, and queer representation in vidya is objectively good.

nice /pol/acks bait
>>
>>377447796
I think the majority of people either do one playthrough on normal difficulty or repeat playthroughs at higher difficulty afterwards.

Only special types of autists force themselves to play on the highest difficulty immediately, that is not how the game is designed to played on a first time through.

Unlockable higher difficulties for completing a game fixes these issues.
>>
>>377448605
You take that back nigger I know you're lying
>>
I enjoyed Mind Over Mutant and Crash of The Titans.
>>
Earthbound is incredibly overrated.
Mother 3 made me feel nothing.
jRPGs are worse than wRPGs.
>>
Overwatch is pretty good.
>>
>>377447709
No spears
>>
Video games have never been good and I'm 100% in the right to never pay for them.
>>
>>377451778
stop lying
>>
>>377447067
People only pretend to like games like Deus Ex, Planescape Torment, and System Shock 2 because they have become /v/ approved and people won't make fun of you for putting them on your favorites game list. In reality if they were released today (with improved graphics and w/e), they would be endlessly lambasted as the pretentious fedoracore that they are.
>>
>>377451121
Explain how I'm wrong
>>
>>377450114
>All of the Half Life and STALKER are >massively overrated, mediocre and barely worth playing. Bioshock and Halo are shooters that have much better gameplay than HL

I agree.
>>
>>377452018

I'm >>377450114 and I agree with you entirely.
>>
>>377452032
You just want another you, right?

here take it.
>>
>>377452151
No seriously, explain how I'm wrong. You don't have an argument.
>>
>>377447067
I actually like video games
>>
>>377447067
Tracer is annoying.
>>
Apart from the uncomfortably long menu and load times SFV doesn't really do anything wrong. Imho the single most mechanically sound fighting game ever made.
>>
Street Fighter V is not a bad game. Yes, it needs a lot of fucking improvements, but at its core lies a fantastic game.

>>377450170
Except that's objectively correct Anon.
>>
>>377447067
I think Bloodborne is good, not great.

I enjoy the Uncharted series more.
>>
File: Dream.png (34KB, 256x191px) Image search: [Google]
Dream.png
34KB, 256x191px
3D Metroid games are better than the 2D ones.

Brawl is the best SSB game, while Melee is the worst.

ME: Andromeda is a good game.

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is better than all of the main series Ace Attorney games.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is a good game.

Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney is better than the actual Professor Layton games.

Callie is the better Squid Sister, although I acknowledge that Marie is good as well.

Breath of the Wild is the worst 3D Zelda on a non-handheld.

First-person shooters that don't have a single-player campaign mode aren't worth playing.
>>
>>377452516
>>377452531
Well, not so unpopular of an opinion after all I guess
>>
Alien: Isolation sucks dick
>>
File: 1495224488635.png (328KB, 368x530px) Image search: [Google]
1495224488635.png
328KB, 368x530px
>>377452706
>this entire post
dropped harder than the greek economy
>>
>>377452286
>Lets force people that DON'T GIVE A SHIT to eat my shitty leftist propaganda
>Lets rub in their faces that my character is gay/lesbian/wolftacokin/amapachehelicopterkin until they vomit

Really I don't care if x character is gay for some reason, but for god's sake don't tell me that you would enjoy a game where everyone is one of those degenerate faggots that go everywhere saying how "liberal" they are.

Also forced diversity gives cancer to people that actually don't give a fuck (IE the amount of black soldiers in BF1).

Here take your (((you))).
>>
I like VaatiVidya
>>
>>377452889
What the fuck constitutes 'leftist propaganda' in video games though? For most people on /v/ and similar sites, having a woman protagonist or taking out bikini costumes for western releases is a political agenda, but for 99% of other people it isn't
>>
>>377452286
When quotas have to be met, it stifles creative expression.
>>
>>377453078
>it stifles creative expression.

What's funny is so many people like you try to pressure artists/directors to ignore liberal culture and progressiveism, something most developers adhere to, and the devs are telling /v/ to fuck off.

So things are finally moving forward, and society is becoming a better place, and thankfully fringe minority groups like channers aren't respected.
>>
>>377448385
Seven Stars is better than all of them
>>
I think the zombies mode in Infinite Warfare is flawed, but fun and great.
>>
>>377453078
When you can't tell stories involving those themes it ends up being far more stifling to creative expression.
>>
>>377453187
I don't belong to any group though. Writers should write what they want to write, not what their public wants.
>>
>>377453054
>99%

Yeah sure, try to say some shit about why are there so many black dudes in a game, or why does the female protagonist act like such a retard and prepare yourself to get fucking doxxed if some people on tweeter sees it.
>>
>>377453348
There are writers from all different walks of life, so that advice would result in more diversity.
Forced diversity is super shitty, so no argument there.
>>
>>377453313
But you absolutely can and I've never seen anyone seriously trying to argue otherwise, you have to do it right though, that's the crux of the issue. Just take Erica from Catherine as an example.
>>
i like videogames
>>
>>377453708
Can't argue with that.
My problem is when people bitch about the existing media that just so happens to include those themes.
>>
>>377453632
We've had that "diversity" for years though. The recent meddling of people who are clearly not interested in diverse ideals but diverse labels has only made it worse. It's why I can't help but cringe whenever I see praise for this type of behavior from big companies. But that's pandering for you, it's always happened, it's just that nowadays the sprinkles have a political flavor to them, and fuck me do they make me sick.
>>
>>377447067
I liked Dark Souls II
I think E.Y.E is bad
I liked Witcher 3
Bloodborne gets boring after 200 hours
Bloodborne had a lot of cut content and cut ideas therefore it needs a sequel for it to be fully complete
Dark Souls 3 is the best game in the series.
Dark Souls 2 is the most original game in the series.
Undertale is good but it's fanbase is cancer.
Nier Automata is not as good as Gestalt
>>
Video games can potentially (along with books) be the best form of storytelling.

It's just very rare where this is done properly.
>>
Super Mario Land is my favorite Mario platformer

Granted, a major reason for that is that I feel like the fireballs in most of the games are not very interesting. The BALL in Land ricochets, which adds a more kinetic feel to the attack that seems more in line to me with the feel of the platforming. & cool stuff like how there's sometimes parts in levels where it's advantageous to be small and vulnerable instead of powered up and big because being small lets your get into specific smaller places where you find secrets, one ups, etc.

Also, Gone Home is a good game that also play with the expectations of the audience while taping into something familiar and relatable. It's a story that wouldn't work as well in another medium because you piece the story together. But at it's heart, it's also a rather traditional adventure game, just that it isn't point & click. I like how there's no segregation between gameplay & story because the story is what you discovery through the active exploration of your environment. The environment and characters within feel lived in and generally realistic. The mid 90's setting helps contribute to this but also solves the dreaded "cell phone problem" when it comes to mysteries. The store page lies because there actually are puzzle, they just aren't really complicated and don't become their own separate mini games like is common for adventure games bc you're generally just using the ways to interact with objects that you have have been. The "no puzzles" thing is clearly trying to advertise the game as more accessible.

the only issue I have with the queer content is that it feels too CLEAN, not really complicated and and tied up with other issue as Im used to when it comes real life especially with regards to the age of the characters. But that's something I don't think that would really be fully understood by somebody who isn't queer to doesn't know a lot of queer people. But this is common in fiction and not exclusive to Gone Home
>>
>>377447067
SJWs are more in the right than the alt right
>>
V.N.'s can be one of the best styles of video game when written well and designed well.

I fucking love VA-11 HALL-A
>>
>>377453427
>>377454382

failed genetic dead end white boys furiously type on keyboards in their basements their dissatisfaction towards diversity and inclusion because they're not catered to anymore by making every single character a white male or attractive white female
>>
>>377455449
I'm a brown Hispanic though. At least Suda51 seems to like us.
>>
There's no evil political scourge in vidya right now and is just /pol/ getting upset centrism is promoted over extremism.
>>
After hanging around 4chan for a fucking decade, I genuinely don't believe in the containment board theory anymore. /pol/ is shitting up this website, and more specifically /v/, more and more as time goes on that they have their echo chamber to reinforce their bullshit. I'm starting to believe the theory that while things will get bad in the short term if /pol/ is axed, it will be better in the long term for fucking everyone.
>>
>>377450114

You're trying too hard.
>>
>>377454382
99% of people don't have your opinion and don't care. You're a political extremist, it's that fucking simple. The average fucking person buying a game does not give a FUCK if the main character is a black dude. They MAY give a fuck if you took a white character and just made him black, but no one fucking cares if the protagonist of a new series is a black dude. It's basically just you and your circlejerk on /pol/. Also there's no politics in your sprinkles. You are tasting the power of capitalism and not liking it much. Devs don't make black characters or add in a woman because they fear SJWs. They do it because the entire point of a business is to make money, and there for they must ride whatever the popular market dictates.
>>
>>377455795
it's a meme that things would in any way get worse. Anyone who believes /pol/ is containment is in themselves a /pol/tard. A board that floods every other board to the point of suffocation is not contained. That's like fucking calling Cherynobyl "contained".
>>
>>377452889
Someone seems buttflustered. Did an SJW rape you or something?
>>
Mafia 3 is actually a great game. This is coming from a stormfront trooper from /pol/
>>
>>377456204
>stormfront trooper from /pol/
>>
>>377455874
But I know all that, it's plainly obvious, and I don't agree with having any political influence of any sort on a game's creative process, I think I made it clear in my posts unless you're confusing me with someone else. Why are you so aggressive? Are you just shitposting or something? If so just admit it so we can move on, because this post has left me quite baffled.
>>
File: JediKnight-cover.jpg (154KB, 320x409px) Image search: [Google]
JediKnight-cover.jpg
154KB, 320x409px
>>377447067
I prefer Jedi Knight to Jedi Knight 2

Doom II is garbage. Final Doom is vastly superior despite the chaingunners

Death of a Showman in Hitman Blood Money is the worst tutorial level ever made

Resident Evil 7 is great
>>
File: 168580-mass-effect-girls.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
168580-mass-effect-girls.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>377447067
Mass Effect 1 is extremely nostalgia fagged and ME2 defined the combat system that managed to carry Mass Effect 3's basic hoard mode MP to being the best thing about that train wreck.

Walking around an ugly fucking void is not an "open world", and ultimately the core game play of shooting some faggot in the head is the same whether you walk through an empty field or a decorative corridor. Also the idea that someone would complain about linear level design when 75% of that game is the same copy-pasted prefab building or cave is demented. The Mako, inventory system, and insanity difficulty immunity/regen abilities makes combat dull as all hell.

The strongest things ME1 has going for it are a tried and true heroes journey arc, 10/10 OST and fantastic world building.
While ME2 failed in the greater narrative (Cerberus/revival shit), the squad mates and additional world building was a step up. Because of tech limitations ME1 really only had the Citadel and Illos, the rest was basic "lava world", "ice world" and "bikini atoll" shit along with a bunch of desolate wasteland planets.
ME2 takes us to Tuchanka, Illium, Omega, inside a Reaper ship, a Geth ship, and the Flotilla for the first time. It really fleshes out that sci-fi "stranger in a strange land" deal.
>>
File: Falco_Palette_(PM).png (136KB, 768x320px) Image search: [Google]
Falco_Palette_(PM).png
136KB, 768x320px
>>377447067
Smash Wii U/3DS is absolute fucking trash, and Project M is the only Smash game worth investing your time in. Melee is not as important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D62mEMSGVXc
>>
>>377456685
This is an incredibly popular opinion here, /v/ shits all over the new Smash constantly and the threads barely stay alive.
>>
30 fps is fine.
>>
>>377447067
The Metal Gear series is shit. All of them.
>>
File: 1471777852831.jpg (37KB, 374x421px) Image search: [Google]
1471777852831.jpg
37KB, 374x421px
>>377447067
The video game market today is oversaturated with combat and violence. This focus is what is killing creativity and diversity in video games today. Only after fighting is deemphasized will we see again the kind of variety not seen since the first half of the naughts decade.
>>
File: Akechi_All_Out.png (346KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Akechi_All_Out.png
346KB, 500x498px
this guy should come back
>>
>>377447067
High fantasy as a setting is fucking garbage.
>>
>>377448354
I think he was saying that's not an unpopular opinion on here, but on Reddit it is.
>>
>>377456683
I think ME2 took about as many steps back as it took forward. My (probably) unpopular opinion is that ME3 took more steps forward than it took back.
>>
File: 1489379652343.jpg (131KB, 1327x885px) Image search: [Google]
1489379652343.jpg
131KB, 1327x885px
>>377455795
Agree

>>377454992
Agree

>>377447230
>>377447489
Agree
>>
>>377450114
Great opinions. 10/10 would play games with.
>>
File: CnnCIPTXEAA7iLV.jpg (48KB, 603x593px) Image search: [Google]
CnnCIPTXEAA7iLV.jpg
48KB, 603x593px
Pokemon was never good.
>>
Persona 3's cast is about as underdeveloped as 4 and 5's. The only reason it gets as much praise as it does is because people like to ignore the faults that it shares with the latter two have like a Gary Stu protagonists and everyone sucking his dick
The only character that got decent development was Junpei

P2 dungeons are as bad if not worse than P4.
>>
>>377448385
And what's so terrible about SS, exactly?
>>
>>377456685
this, project m is my fucking jam but melee tards keep shitting on me for liking it so much.
>>
super mario galaxy 1 and 2 are awful games. the control scheme doesn't work, and when you're not wrestling with the camera, it usually picks a terrible spot to settle down. also, the level design isn't particularly inspired, most of the music is forgettable and the characters aren't endearing even remotely.
>>
File: DOA4_Jann_C3.jpg (8KB, 150x199px) Image search: [Google]
DOA4_Jann_C3.jpg
8KB, 150x199px
Dead or Alive is one of if not the best 3D fighting game series of all time.
>>
>>377452706
Look, Investigations 1 was pretty good, but Trials and Tribulations had at least 2-3 really good cases, the first Ace Attorney's 2 last cases were really good, and 1-3 was pretty good. Meanwhile Investigations only really has Reminiscence because Ablaze had Larry, Oldbag, and that final confrontation.
>>
>>377447067
Donald Trump is a traitor
>>
>>377450114
>Nintendo was right in DCMAing AM2R.

they may have been right, but it didn't stop people from playing it, so it was pretty pointless.
>>
>>377458083
I have so many good memories of playing DoA4, I really wish they didn't royally fuck up Last Round on the PC.
>>
>>377457381
My problem with ME3 besides the obvious is that sense of exploration takes a hit as a side effect of the war scenario. There's no sense of discovery, everything is going to shit and you're sprinting around the galaxy fixing every fucking problem ever because people are useless. Palavan/Tuchanka/Rannoch knock it so far out of the park they feel like a fucking different game, these sections had to have been drafted during ME1/2 when they were designing shit around Wrex/Mordin/Legion.

My unpopular opinion is that drilling for minerals was better than fucking constantly pinging around listening to SCREEEEEEEEEEEE and the same drumbeats for probably a cumulative hour of game play.
Plus I always had the surplus from ME1 because I'm a completion fag like that.
>>
File: Spore.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spore.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>377448386
I will never forgive EA.
>>
File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
>>377447067
This is my favorite game of all time
>>
I enjoyed and played DasII more than I ever will DasIII
DasI being shit after Anor Londo is not a meme.
I think modern games are as good as the older ones, but in a different way.
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.
MegamanX6 is the better MegamanX
>>
>>377458360
Is Will Wright even alive anymore? What happens to people when EA cuts them down? Do they go to purgatory or something? I seem to recall something related to goo having been made by former Westwood guys.
>>
OOE is the best castlevania

the crash bandicoot games were never that great

doom is the most overrated game in history; blood is better

none of the mario games besides super have good controls

dawn of sorrow's artstyle is fine

bioshock is better than ss2

xenogears ost isn't that great, and neither is chrono trigger's; mitsuda on the whole is pretty ho-hum

the industry would be better off if nintendo never got involved
>>
I'm finding myself enjoying story-driven moviegames more as I get older

I like all MGS games across the board and spent hundreds of hours with each of them during many years
>>
>>377450114
I would agree with this in theory but Western devs fucking suck at this most of the time. So do Japanese devs. I'm sick of special snowflake black/gay/female/whatever characters that have nothing really going for them as actual characters, where you can tell the devs just made them whatever for the sake of diversity. I'm sick of stereotypes too. I also hate how all these minority characters are twinged with this SJW character design philosophy. Like Overwatch, for example. I actually like most of Overwatch's characters, but sometimes they try way too hard. Just look at Zarya, just look at Symmetra's autism. It just makes you roll your eyes.

I just wish there were more racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities, plus females, in lead roles who had cool, interesting personalities, and cool abilities if the setting calls for it that have nothing to do with stereotypes, where their race, ethnicity, sex, or sexuality might form a part of their identity, but not encompass the entirety of their personality either.
>>
>>377458459
>Liking the Witcher 3 is unpopular
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>377458675
>bioshock is better than ss2

I can't really dispute this opinion because of how many people like Bioshock. I just haven't been able to finish a single Bioshock game. They bore me to tears. In contrast the first time I played SS2 I couldn't put it down. Though I was probably under the influence of the delight that is the Dark Engine so the game just felt like home after a decade of playing Thief.
>>
>>377450114

>Denuvo is a good thing for the industry and Video game piracy is bad. Not necessarily because it hurts companies but because you don't deserve their products for free.

This so much.
>>
File: 1486380510372.png (1MB, 778x783px) Image search: [Google]
1486380510372.png
1MB, 778x783px
>>377447067
I want first person space explorers to succeed
I want first person survival games to succeed

experiencing different universes in first person is epic, and I want more great games to do it.
>>
>>377450114
>MGS1 has aged like shit, Peace Walker is the peak of the series

PW is awful and was a stepping stone for the horrible game we'd eventually get 5 years later.
>>
>>377451509
>Unlockable higher difficulties

that's such bullshit.

you don't need to force people to play through a game to get access content they paid for.
>>
Baldur's Gate is an ugly, boring game.
I feel like playing video games built around DnD is just less fun DnD.
>>
>>377447297
this is just a true statement
>>
>>377458849
>I just wish there were more racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities, plus females, in lead roles who had cool, interesting personalities, and cool abilities if the setting calls for it that have nothing to do with stereotypes, where their race, ethnicity, sex, or sexuality might form a part of their identity, but not encompass the entirety of their personality either.
Perfectly reasonable. But neither SJWs nor those who attempt to appease them care about depth or complexity, nor nuance for that matter.
>>
File: 1374054504343.jpg (251KB, 2050x750px) Image search: [Google]
1374054504343.jpg
251KB, 2050x750px
The point and essence of an RPG is to remove or minimize player execution as a factor. You don't swing the sword, you tell your character 'swing sword' and he swings his sword based on his stats. Your character's skill is what's important, not yours. The core RPG gameplay loop is all about increasing the skills/stats/whatever of your character. Having to aim your sword in an RPG is stupid.

This is also why I like paradox games. You just click buttons.
>>
>>377447067
The Sims is the best series.
>>
>>377458986
It's still better than paying for content that should be locked behind special bonus objectives or cheat codes.
>>
>>377453187
>and the devs are telling /v/ to fuck off
give me an example of this
>>
>>377458990
KOTOR is based on DnD and one of the best games ever, easily top 100. Just putting this out there.
>>
>>377458885

It's an unpopular opinion on vee
>>
>>377458849
>Just look at Zarya,
Zarya is the worst example, since she's fairly shallow and what depth she has is interesting and well written.
>>
>>377456000
He asked him to give an answer, shut the fuck up. You only make this kind of stuff worse.
>>
Witcher 2 > Witcher 3
>>
>>377447067
White boiz have smaller dicks and less testosterone than Muscular Nubian Men
>>
File: 1479131434627.jpg (31KB, 700x401px) Image search: [Google]
1479131434627.jpg
31KB, 700x401px
>>377447067
>>377458986
Unlockable content period is bullshit.

Especially for fighting games.
>>
Mafia III isn't a bad game
>>
>>377459042
They really don't. It's literally just:

>Female character
>YAAAAS QUEEN SLAAAAAAY

>Black/Hispanic/Asian/Gay/Transgender character
>OMG WE'RE SOOOO PROGRESSIVE xD

It's such a shame, because I really do want more non-white, non-male, non-straight characters but they end up being SJW trash most of the time these days.
>>
File: e1436259856894.jpg (48KB, 466x463px) Image search: [Google]
e1436259856894.jpg
48KB, 466x463px
>>377452706
>>
File: 1443745855055.png (55KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1443745855055.png
55KB, 240x240px
>>377447067
The Vita is a good system. It was relatively powerful for its release date. It gets lots of comfy weebshit. The analog sticks are surprisingly usable and hold up with serious usage; it pretty much fixes everything wrong with the PSP's dimepad nonsense. The memory stick nonsense makes sense from a support standpoint (no dopes calling asking why the SD card they found in the mcdonald's bathroom doesn't work). Still gets games despite Sony shitting on it.

I'm going to miss this system when Sony and the game publishers finally pull the plug on the system. The Switch has strong potential to be a portable weebshit successor, but NoA's censoring antics remain unabated except in weird instances.
>>
Despite the lows being really extreme lows, the highs of ME3 make it worthwhile enough
>>
>>377450114
stop talking
>>
File: 1472832013347.jpg (492KB, 1251x2025px) Image search: [Google]
1472832013347.jpg
492KB, 1251x2025px
>>377459065
Well I love KOTOR and really dislike Skyrim so you just might be correct here.
>>
>>377458083
I thought I'd really love 3D fighting games, but from what I can tell, Soul Calibur is the only one that I really like. I can sort of get into DOA casually though. I really wish I had actually played DOA2, 3, or 4 back in the day. I didn't really play a DOA until 5.

I actually really like the cast of DOA though, more so than Tekken and VF from what I've seen. I wasn't expected that, because from far away, the cast just seemed so boring but now I love DOA characters. I can't explain it.
>>
>>377459147
I guess ME: Andromeda
>>
>>377458985
if any game from the series aged horribly it's 2. it's like 1, but with a bunch of mechanics that are poorly implemented. also, while we're on the subject most boss fights in any metal gear game are just a chore, with 3 being the worst offender. the pain is probably the most excruciating thing I've ever encountered in a game. they all have good ideas on paper, but most of them simply aren't fun.

spllinter cell is the superior stealth series from a pure gameplay standpoint, and I'll take that anyday over kojima's wackiness, even if the characters feel a little more bland.
>>
morrowind is boring
a link to the past is boring
ninja gaiden (NES) is badly designed game
melee fags are cancer and i wish that game stopped being popular
>>
>>377459351
agreed.
>>
>MGSV is a better game than the turd that was MGS4
>GTAV's plot, while not that good, is interesting in a stupid way
>DmC is a somewhat interesting game, it would be way better under a different brand
>Dino Crisis is superior to Resident Evil
>WWII games did right by taking a break for a few years
>Blizzard is complete garbage, they do lots of shit while getting away with it
>Dead Money is great, only those with pleb taste hate on it
>>
Mega man 3 is superior to Mega Man 2 in almost all aspects.

Breath of the Wild's Weapon Breaking system was a smart and well implemented mechanic.

Ico is a gaming masterpiece.
>>
>>377459137
I miss cheat codes.
>>
i liked witcher 3
>>
Despite the flaws, The Phantom Pain was great.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (11KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
11KB, 236x214px
The ending would be worse without him.
>>
File: DOA4_Zack_C3.jpg (5KB, 150x94px) Image search: [Google]
DOA4_Zack_C3.jpg
5KB, 150x94px
>>377459601
DOA5 is probably the worst in the series from a long time fan's perspective. It's the first game since the original creator of DOA left and it shows.

But 5 is probably the best for a casual audience. DOA as a whole is really not causal friendly, it's very difficult to play well. But it's highly rewarding, in music, costumes, and personalities like you mentioned.

Just look at this motherfucker. A Dennis Rodman clone who's a complete ass but tough as nails, hits on this one white chick all the time and is bros with a Middle Eastern warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x4eKupfLgA
>>
>>377460257
Yeah, I really think I would've enjoyed the hell out of the DOA series. The stage interactivity I always thought was really cool and it looks like it still does a lot to add to the gameplay.

Plus my nigga Ryu Hayabusa is in there and he's my favorite video game ninja.

Great theme btw
>>
>>377455449
Not an argument
>>
>>377452516
>>377452531
I actually think SFV actually does what it sets out to do, with being a scrub-friendly, entry-level fighting game very well.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 677x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 677x677px
>>377447067
Hotline Miami 2 > Hotline Miami
>>
File: dmc-still.jpg (152KB, 543x565px) Image search: [Google]
dmc-still.jpg
152KB, 543x565px
>>377459854
>DmC is a somewhat interesting game, it would be way better under a different brand
Whole time though. That whole rebel shit and punk political commentary really jibes with me, and it's a fantastic take on the series' lore, but it's just not Devil May Cry at the end of the day.

The music was sick as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEC5p0Pr8U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7RSiMZmjI
>>
File: 1482819994910.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482819994910.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>377454591
>Nier Automata is not as good as Gestalt
I agree anon-san
>>
>>377460687
My uncle, who's a long time fan, showed me a new character they're coming out with yesterday called Ed, who's supposedly a kind of Smash character. He doesn't require the typical swooshy movement of SF in order to pull of special moves.
>>
I think TW3 is no different than a shitty Ubisoft game and I'm not seeing this amazing writing people keep talking about, not even in the vaunted bloody baron storyline. I'm only finishing this game so I get my money's worth because I paid 60 for it and the dlcs
>>
gta V is the best gta
bully is rockstar's best game
RDR is awful
rockstar on the whole is a pretty subpar developer
>>
>>377447067
e.y.e is a mediocre game at best
>>
>>377461157
I haven't tried Ed yet myself, since I'm not a PS+ member, but I'm not sure about that, honestly. That seems a little too simplified to me. But as long as it's only confined to one character, I don't care.
>>
File: DOA4Ryu_(C2).jpg (5KB, 150x109px) Image search: [Google]
DOA4Ryu_(C2).jpg
5KB, 150x109px
>>377460481
Ryu is my favorite character to play in DOA4. I love the teleportation antics and the awesome attack moves. If you want to talk about great themes, Hayabusa has consistently one of the best.

It's too bad DOA is a thing of the past and a big joke now. I only hope a spiritual successor will find itself on the market within the next five years.
>>
phantom dust's story is good and interesting. in addition the gameplay has rough spots but is unique, has great animations and effects, and ends up being more than just mediocre
>>
>>377451801
mods
>>
>>377461449
Yeah, I just really wish I were 'there' for the old DOA games. I think visually, the older games had a certain visual flair to them that DOA5 really doesn't have.

I personally wish Itagaki would make the Ninja Gaiden successor myself, however.
>>
dark souls 3 is the best of the series

also most of bloodborne feels like a chore to get through, even though it has some great ideas and aesthetics

in DS3 every area is fun and inviting, and memorable. In BB every area is "meh" and "samey"

Also 3 did everything 1 did but better, and 1 was unfinished and people overrated it because nostalgia
>>
File: 1489911489288.png (600KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489911489288.png
600KB, 1024x768px
>>377461387
I have my doubts as well, but one of his portraits looks unmistakebly like Captain Falcon, and all of his specials except Bison's energy attacks involve dem hands. He has what appears to be Captain Falcon's side special, Raptor Boost. It remains to be seen, but it's not a stretch considering that Smash put in Ryu to help Street Fighter players ease into /their/ game.
>>
>>377461707
Oh, we've got a memer over here. :^)
>>
>>377447230
>>>/vr/
>>
>>377447709
>popularity & sales prove a game's quality
>>
File: 1476767333644.jpg (18KB, 636x398px) Image search: [Google]
1476767333644.jpg
18KB, 636x398px
>>377461904
nani?
it must be accidental memeing because I'm serious
>>
/v/ has been just as bad as /r/games for the past 3 years
>>
games are too long and replaying the same game after you finished it once is for literally autistic garbage people
>>
>>377447067
rogue lites like gungeon and rogue legacy are incredibly fun and entertaining

metroidvanias are trash games that revolve around bracktracking

devil may cry has amazing combat but 50% of the game is backtrack to pull the lever to open the door to cross the invisible bridge to step on the button to open the secret waterfall to finally get to the next combat encounter. There is a reason 99% of devil may cry footage on youtube is bloody palace. its because nobody fucking likes that other shit. its asinine "pacing" to break up the combat

marvel vs capcom 3 is a fucking garbage fighting game. in fact, any fighting game that has touch of death combos is fucking garbage and deserves to be thrown into the trash
>>
>>377447067
Skyrim is one of the worst games ever made
>>
Hollow Knight is a better game than Symphony of the Night
>>
>>377447067
That these threads are a breeding ground for cancer.
>>
>>377462648
>rogue lites like gungeon are incredibly fun and entertaining
Completely agre-
>and rogue legacy
Now that game is a rogue lite gone bad. It's just grinding
>>
>>377462648
You're referring mainly to DMC4 with that comment.

MvC3 is indeed not enjoyable this many years down the line.

>in fact, any fighting game that has touch of death combos is fucking garbage and deserves to be thrown into the trash
so the vast majority of contemporary 2D and 2.5D fighters
>>
Law is the best alignment.
>>
File: 623632.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
623632.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
I enjoyed WoD.
If it wasn't for the lack of content and garrisons it would have been my favorite expansion.

Legion is fucking shit and made me quit the game.
>>
File: 1476595421044.gif (857KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476595421044.gif
857KB, 240x228px
>>377463425
dear god
>>
>>377447067
JRPGs are not true RPGs
>>
>>377457876
idk people seem to hate for no reason
>>
>>377447067
Console games are better than the PC versions.
>>
File: from yhvh with love.png (173KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
from yhvh with love.png
173KB, 1600x1200px
>>377463637
Praise God!
>>
>>377463708
they're not.

they're turn based strategy games. or whatever stupid name you want to call them. they don't pretend to be role playing games though.
>>
>>377456685
>it's a project m shitter is still assblasted from being BTFO by based ninty episode

i still kek
>>
>>377447067
Dark souls 1 & 2 are too slow for me, but I like the speed of Bloodborne and DS3 while still needing patience to succeed
>>
nuDOOM is good but the level design sucks dick
>>
I enjoyed Destiny quite a bit and I am excited for Destiny 2.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1477x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1477x1000px
this is good game
>>
>>377447709
This is an unpopular opinions thread, not a bait thread. Those aren't the same thing.
>>
>>377463607
I actually agree. The raiding was good, the questing experience was good the first couple times, the story was retarded but it's WoW so you just come to expect it. My only real complaint was that there just wasn't enough content so you ended up jacking off in your garrison. If they abandoned that retarded 1 expansion a year goal they never kept to begin with WoD could've been a lot better. Like, you look at all the features that got cut for WoD and it's fucking sad.
>>
>>377465174
I actually liked it too. Not as good as the PS1 games, but it wasn't the steaming shitpile the series turned into down the road. It still played like the original games, just with less quality level design. At least as far as I remember. I played it well over a decade ago so my memory might be a little off.
>>
GTA IV > GTA V

inb4 bowling.
>>
>>377465446
The level design lent itself to somewhat more slower-paced gameplay, but personally I think the variety makes up for it to some degree. The first three have tighter gameplay but I often felt like I was playing the same five levels over and over.
>>
>>377458662
world of goo?
It was a really good game, but I don't know if he helped make it.
>>
File: IMG_0698.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0698.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Dark souls 2 is better than 3
>>
>>377465308
I liked the story.
Sure, it was rerashed shit everywhere, but it was about my favorite part of the lore.

The cut content is just sad, that expansion had everything to be the best.
>>
>>377465527
that's actually a quite shitty, but popular opinion

while on that subject of GTA

GTA IV is the Steven Universe of video games
>>
>>377462939
i honestly cant think of games that have touches of death as extreme as marvel

t. street fighter, tekken, and occasional nrs games player. people should have the opportunity to comeback. a single mistake should not result in complete failure
>>
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I think Dark Souls 3 is the best Dark Souls game.
>>
Oblivion<Morrowind<<<<<Skyrim
>>
>>377465527
the story is good but the game outside missions is boring as hell
>>
>>377465656
That is a fact, not an opinion.
>>
>>377466772
I actually agree, anywhere else I look, people shit on dks3 cause theyre either delusional or nostalgiafags
>>
nu DOOMs soundtrack is complete garbage
>>
Witcher 3 is the most overrated game ever made and doesn't deserve half the praise its given.
Nier automata is thoroughly mediocre.
>>
>>377465236
nice meme. sorry you can't afford a decent gaming computer.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>377447339
this desu
>>
>>377467521
Don't cut yourself on all that edge.
>>
>>377452706
i agree with the last one somewhat
>>
the hotel level in VTMB wasn't scary, it wasn't even creepy or a bit spooky. everyone and anyone who says its scary is overreacting.
>>
Music is the most important part of any RPG. Any game that has a trash or unmemorable OST is usually not worth my time.
>>
>>377468316
I'm just a fucking pussy
>>
File: 1490115061061.png (849KB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
1490115061061.png
849KB, 1398x1398px
Melee is shit, Brawl is 100x better
>>
I actually think every gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation deserve equal treatment.

And I do mean absolutely equal, all across the board. No discrimination. No special treatment. No harassment. No bullshit activism.
>>
File: touch-fluffy-tail.jpg (90KB, 1022x665px) Image search: [Google]
touch-fluffy-tail.jpg
90KB, 1022x665px
morrowind's combat was awful
between morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, oblivion was the best, especially if you count shivering isles
fallout 3 was good, even if nv was better.
deus ex doesn't get good until you get to nyc
human revolution was good.
civ4-bts is the best civ game if you don't count smac
starcraft 2's campaign was a lot of fun, especially wings of liberty. even if the story was completely hamfisted and didn't match sc1 tonally and thematically, it was still fun as hell.
heroes of the storm is fun and is the only ASSFAG i think is worth playing
legion is worse than wod.
i've played every expansion if you include private servers and i believe mists to be the peak of wow. vanilla would take second if it had burning crusade mechanics but straight vanilla is just too clunky. burning crusade was good but too nolife even for me. the only good thing about wrath was ulduar. cata was a good overhaul of old content but the endgame sucked major ass and they should have let you still access the old content they removed.
left 4 dead 1 > left 4 dead 2
jrpgs aren't fun (i used to love them when i was a kid, though)
final fantasy 3 was peak final fantasy. no, i don't mean 6.
chrono trigger was not fun.
link's awakening was the best zelda game
paper mario > paper mario ttyd
yoshi's story > yoshi's island
mass effect 2 was peak mass effect; even if the gameplay was dumbed down, the atmosphere and level design made up for it.
metroid prime > super metroid. metroid prime 2 > super metroid.
the first stage of spore was actually a lot of fun and should have been spun off into its own game with more depth.
diablo 2 is peak arpg, kotor 2 is peak rtwp, although the former might not be terribly unpopular
yuri is shit. yaoi is shit. traps are shit. futa is shit. vanilla is the best fetish, the cuter the better.
fate/extra is a fantastic game even if the combat is rock-paper-scissors. tamamo best waifu
visual novels are more fun than video games
>>
>>377468391
wario is the best character from the mario series
>>
Super Mario sunshine was the most enjoyable experience out of all the Mario 3D platformers
>>
I think God of War had terrible characters, specially Kratos
I think 999 was really boring
I think Mortal Kombat is for nasty teenage boys who want to look like bad asses
>>
Wtf, I'm playing a repro snatcher rn with the exact game setup. (But add a 32x)

Good taste Im proud of you
>>
>>377469090
Oops, that was for
>>377447489
>>
bayonetta is gross as all hell
>>
I liked Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad was shit though.
>>
>>377469434
those aren't video games, though
>>
Playing games modded the first time through is okay.

Well, to a degree.
>>
File: 215px-MPSR_Petey_Piranha.png (59KB, 215x249px) Image search: [Google]
215px-MPSR_Petey_Piranha.png
59KB, 215x249px
>>377468872
>not petey piranha
good attempt, level up a bit and try again
>>
>>377470053
petey piranha isn't even good as a joke character
>>
>>377470128
he's the supreme joke character, since he's in a grand total of like 3 games and seems out of place in all of em
>>
>>377469919
only if its fixes/patches or official mods
>>
File: Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork.png (105KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork.png
105KB, 250x290px
Resident Evil 6 is actually good. Alot of people hate it for how far away it drifted from survival horror into action, feeling it betrayed the series. In reality, RE4 pretty much demolished the Survival Horror aspect and turned it into an action game. Most just thought RE4 was fucking rad and ignored it, except for purists.

RE6 judged as a third-person shooter/action game is balls to the wall fun. The gameplay and controls are some of the best in a third person shooter and they didn't poorly implement a companion character like in RE5.

Honestly one of my favorite games of 2012
>>
>>377470264
he fits in sunshine though
>>
>>377470293
mmm, i guess i was only thinking of games where he's actually playable
>>
>>377447067
you can count the number of good jrpgs on both your hands, pic related is one of them.

>>377450114
>controller is better than keyboard
you cant play strategy games and shooters with a controller. other than that, ill give it to you.

>am2r
why? it was a long running passion project by a guy who clearly loved the original, and the only 2d metroid game in years.

>censorship
theres a difference between censoring some girls cleavage in the western release versus having to remove sensitive topics from your game to get it released somewhere. see hotline miami 2, that game still isnt out in australia because of the opening seen. i care significantly more about the latter.

>denuvo
verifiably false, piracy is free advertising that games with denuvo miss out on it. no one remembers mirrors edge catalyst or just cause 3, despite both being sequels to well loved cult classics.

>naughty dog
everything about uncharted can be traced back to either tomb raider, gears of war, or indiana jones. the last of us is an insanely safe piece of video game oscar bait.

>representation
theres a right and wrong way to go about it. social issues can be addressed in video games, but they need to be addressed with the respect they deserve. compare for example how new vegas handles representation versus how borderlands 2 does it.

>horizon is good
its a good premise that fails to live up to it. it has way too much in common with far cry to really stand out. by someone with more creativity, it would certainly be amazing.

>perceived depth
a more accurate explanation is that its directly tied to the rising popularity of gaming. gaming isnt niche anymore. there are still games with lots of depth, they just share shelf space with shit like call of duty.

>gone home
walking sims are games, theyre just bad games is all.

>stalker and half life are overrated
ABSOLUTELY not, theyre some of the most innovative shooters of all time. halo and bioshock are still good, though.
>>
File: 1493709362636.png (809KB, 654x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493709362636.png
809KB, 654x900px
>>377447067
xcom enemy unknown is a chore to play due to literally everything being based on RNG and in general is fucking shit, most anti-fun srpg ive played
>>
>>377447297
This is a fact, not an opinion
>>
File: 1486243016784s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486243016784s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
>>377447067
>Joining a guild in MMO's are fucking cancer and never worth it
>they always just turn into cesspools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnIMpC9m4P8
>>
>>377460759
My brother

Here's some, most of them come with a few reservations though, so I don't know how unpopular they are after that

A game doesn't necessarily need good gameplay to be good, if it's story or themes are particularly noteworthy. The opposite can also be true.

Diversity for diversity's sake isn't the problem. The problem is the obnoxious virture signaling and aggression of a lot of its proponents that is associated with it.

Casual gamers are fine; not everyone can devote a lot of time to video games. Though I'll admit I get annoyed when people whine about how hard some games are.
>>
>>377448281

People who say the ending ruined the game are fucking retards who ignored how shitty everything before the ending was
>>
File: 1422938848182.jpg (250KB, 1142x719px) Image search: [Google]
1422938848182.jpg
250KB, 1142x719px
I think redesigns of older video games can be a good thing.
Take FF12 Zodiac Age: it is the edition that wasn't released in America. I never liked how all the characters ended up being slightly different clones of each other.

I firmly believe video games can be made for fun, or made for art. Calling them both just makes people sound pretentious and silly.

I think mobile games are idiotic.
>>
>>377447796
Modern hard is old normal. You'd have a point if you were talking about the forth difficulty level.
>>
>>377447538
This is true, doesn't change the camera though, if it wasn't for how the camera bugged out constantly the game would have gone down as great
>>
Zestiria and Berseria were shit
>>
File: 06.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
3MB, 1600x900px
Most Sonic games are good and Sonic 06 is not nearly as bad as people say it is. Secret Rings is exponentially worse; At least 06 is playable. Also Chronicles wasn't that bad either and I wish we got a sequel.
>>
>>377470773
Some games have a piss easy normal mode, i agree that hard mode can feel "normal."
Anything above that, especially unlockable, feels weird to play on a first run.
>>
>>377450114
Stopped reading pretty early, you put too much effort into this bait
>>
Mass Effect Andromeda has better gameplay and story than vanilla Mass Effect 3 (no ending mod) after the recent patches.
>>
File: TLOU_Joel_and_Ellie_(Winter).jpg (644KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TLOU_Joel_and_Ellie_(Winter).jpg
644KB, 1280x720px
>>377447067
gen 7 was the best gen, at least the best 3d gen
tlou was great
/v/'s not the hivemind it was only a few years ago
>>
>>377462294
v is /r/games. Pray it does not become /r/gaming.
>>
>>377470947
while speaking of sonic, Sonic Unleashed was fucking awesome, and the way Sonic ran as legit fast is quite great
>>
Fallout 4 is an excellent game, but an extremely poor RPG.
>>
Nintendo is overrated. The Nintendo cycle is real and has been going on for generations.

>New console released
>Relies on gimmicks
>Sells alot and is popular for a couple years
>Slowly loses all 3rd party support
>1st party lineup gets stale and Ninendo ignores franchises like Metroid in favor of the safer Mario and Zelda titles
>Console collects dust and dies off
>Nintendo releases more hardware

Same thing will happen to the Swich.
>>
>>377448281
>Mass Effect
You know there's a mod that dam near fixes it tho, right?
>>
Doom 2016 is a faithful rendition of the franchise, and one of the best games released in the last couple of years.
>>
Dark souls 2 is the best in the series
>>
>>377447489
Is pirating on the Sega CD as easy as pirating on the Dreamcast?
>>
File: 1480308949221.png (443KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1480308949221.png
443KB, 640x716px
>>377447165
There's no games on it. Defend this.
>>
the witcher 1 and 2 are some of the shittiest games i've ever spent money on
witcher 3 was 6/10, but still not even worth the box price
anime and anime games are trash and their fans are trash
>>
>>377471319
That's a pretty popular opinion though.
I thought the game was alright, but it wasn't Fallout.
>>
>>377450114
>Naughty Dog is hands down the best developer in the industry
>ME Andromeda is an excellent game, and the best in the series, due to the refined combat and variety in mission locations
>DmC is a perfectly good entry in the DMC series and is greatly improved if you take the writing as self satire
>MGS1 has aged like shit, Peace Walker is the peak of the series
>>
There's nothing wrong with Dawn of War 3.

Basebuilding in RTS games is a meme.
>>
Im glad chris cornell is dead and i hope the rest of that shit band follows his lead fuck aoundgarden
>>
>>377461076
>>377454591

>Nier Automata is not as good as Gestalt

Seconded.
>>
File: 1479268852869.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
1479268852869.gif
420KB, 616x338px
>>377473040
Well I agree Team Dattebayo could have picked a better opening than "You Know My Name"
>>
>>377473040
both his bands were shitty but lol why even be glad he's dead
>sparing a thought for shit musicians
>>
If it weren't for the waifu memery, Nier Automata would've been largely ignored because it's insanely mediocre.
>>
>>377470406
>you cant play strategy games and shooters with a controller

How can you not play shooters with a controller? That's exclusively how I play them.
>>
>>377473783
you dont have as much finesse fine movement needed to play shooters with a controller, so most games just have loads of auto aim to make up for it.
>>
>>377473945
It's no one else's fault but your own that you can't into analog
>>
>>377473595
That game is fucking amazing and I'm not even a waifufag.
>>
>>377473595
All waifu faggotry aside, the game is actually incredible
>>
I think Dark Souls 2 is good.
>>
Perfect Dark is a near perfect FPS

2nd Gen Pokemon is best gen

Bloodborne is better than the souls games

Earthbound was the best SNES JRPG
>>
>>377471854

Agreed but there have been some solid anime games the DBZ games come to mind
>>
>>377474026
Its combat was plain, nearly boring
>>
I don't know why people like destiny 1 so much
the few times I've tried it everything felt empty and repetitive, granted I never finished the game so I don't know if it gets better down the road, but if it does, I shouldn't have to dump so many hours in a game just to see if it gets good or not, let alone a simple genre like fps.
I even tagged along with a friend to see if it's "fun with friends" but it still felt hollow and I just wasn't having fun.
I really don't get it, the gameplay was alright but it's just point and click like all shooters, can't really do much to change what's not broken, the story so far is...well it exists,
and the missions are barren.
>>
>>377474828
I disagree, but still, combat isn't what people like the most about the game.
>>
>>377472382
I was just playing mgs2 today. It look pretty awful, but after 4 or 5 hours you adjust. So far it's held-up really well, and I can now see how fucking weird and awful kojima is at writing dialog. He shines at campy/weird horror shit
>>
>>377474941
mgs1* fuck- it im getting my bleach cup
>>
>>377471840
Breath of the wild.
Splatoon 2 (Soon)
Snipperclips.
Mario Kart 8.
Binding of Isaac.
Shovel Knight.
Kamiko
>>
Shadow of the Colossus is a horribly overrated, Reddit game. It's only seen well because of how it was stylized.
>>
File: CHK2Md4UAAAjg4m.png (315KB, 420x550px) Image search: [Google]
CHK2Md4UAAAjg4m.png
315KB, 420x550px
>>377475148
BOTW: On WiiU
Splatoon 2: I'll accept it
Snipperclips: lmao
Mario Kart 8: On WiiU
Binding of Isaac: On literally every current platform
Shovel Knight: ^^^
Kamiko: See Snipperclips
>>
File: Ground Fyre.jpg (226KB, 694x714px) Image search: [Google]
Ground Fyre.jpg
226KB, 694x714px
>>377447067
I felt like the "Truth" ending to MGSV was enough, if it had been maybe paired with the Kingdom of the Flies ending.

MGSV TPP felt like an alright game alltogether to me but that's because I avoided the hype train
>>
>>377452032
Normalizing queers is harmful to society.
>>
>>377453187
"Progressives" call them what they are, Marxists.
>>
>>377475402
>>377471840
not him, but fate/extella is only on vita and switch and i'm interested in that
>>
>>377476026
Is that enough for you to drop $300 on a new console? Just buy a Vita TV for $40. If you're the type of person who's interested in that game, there's tons of stuff on the Vita you'd like.
>>
>>377455874
Wrong, polling the recent elections and failures of Marxists inspired media projects show you are the minorities. Vocal and delusional.
>>
>>377476026
It's on PS4 too, anon
>>
>>377455795
Pol is 4chan and is the most enlighten part of the internet.
>>
File: 1495138435676.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495138435676.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
I've gotten more enjoyment out of my PS4 than any 6th generation console.
>>
>>377476124
i don't like to buy sony stuff unless i have to, they've screwed me over in the past on several occasions. if i bought a vita, it'd be to hack it, and extella is 3.63 so at the moment you can't get it that way anway.

you're right that there are a lot of vita games i'm interested in, though.

>>377476182
didn't know that
>>
>>377455668
Progressivism is extremist
>>
>>377476124
>Is that enough for you to drop $300 on a new console?
also no, but it's not the only switch game i'm interested in, just the one i'm most interested in. i already have botw on my hacked wii u, though.
>>
>it's another thread-gets-derailed-by-pop-culture-politics episode
>>
>>377455369
There is no alt right. The majority of Americans reject sjw facists. Their ideology is based on emtion not reality. You can't change your gender it's basic science.
>>
>>377458046
Holy fuck kill yourself, everything you've said is objectively wrong.
>>
>>377455449
And out comes wpthenwhite race envy. Sjw ideology is driven by envy.
>>
>>377476131
Did one of them say this is how the free market is dictating the representation of minorities in games and shows? It's visibly one-sided and at the behest of ideologically isolated developers towards an indifferent or hostile player base. I read somewhere that the comic book industry's insistence on representation is to blame for a shrinking fanbase, and I read somewhere that a Doctor Who writer wanted to make the next doctor black. I can't imagine how much the Doctor Who fanbase would shrink then.
>>
I have no problem with early access what so ever. Anybody buying early access should understand the risks involved, consumers should make the decision with the idea in mind that when they buy an early access game that the developer could stop completely tomorrow and say it's finished.
>>
I like Bastion and I think his re-work only made him worse.
>>
>>377476590
It's why marvel is in a slump
It's why ghost busters tanked and it's why the left is becoming politically irrelevant in the west.
>>
DoW 3 is not as awful as many anons claim here and maybe it can be fixed in the next expansion.
Then again, it seems many here don't know what a MOBA is if the Quake Champions threads are of any indication.
>>
>>377459879

Masterpiece is an overstatement but Ico is better than people often let on and I agree with the other points.
>>
If you don't learn japanese you hate video games.
>>
File: 1465282988338.jpg (250KB, 637x876px) Image search: [Google]
1465282988338.jpg
250KB, 637x876px
I love MGSV.

I used to be a hardcore MGSfag, but these days I have a hard time trying to get into the older games, while V is just fun all around.
>>
>>377475231
Anon, this is an unpopular opinions thread, not a /v/ hivemind thread.
>>
The best PS4 games are the ones that are borrowed from Vita, namely Gravity Rush and Tearaway.
>>
>>377450114
thats not how it works.
>>
The first three Resident Evils aged worse than milk and were not scary to anyone over 12.
>>
Dark Souls is an unfun series that's only liked on /v/ because of it's artificial difficulty.
>>
>>377481074
(You)
>>
>>377447067
The guy who enjoys playing fifa, madden, and call of duty and buys them every year is still in a better position when it comes to taste than everyone who sits on there 600+ steam games but can't enjoy any of them, because his tastes are useful, and your idea of superior tastes are pointless.
>>
>>377447067
Most of the popular games /v/ hates aren't bad just not the hyper-deep autism simulators that /v/ enjoys.
>>
>>377481914
I don't think this is really debatable, if we're all being honest.
>>
Fallout 3, NV and 4 are not good games and strike me as extremely bland and incapable of satisfying gameplay.

Skyrim is boring and pales in comparison to Oblivion. I've never liked Morrowind but I can understand why it's a good game, it just isn't the game for me.
>>
File: komaeda.png (86KB, 288x401px) Image search: [Google]
komaeda.png
86KB, 288x401px
>>377447067
Final Fantasy IV is shit.
Bioshock is shit.
MGS1 is the best MGS.
Bloodborne is incredibly flawed and inferior to Dark Souls (and even Demon's Souls) in many ways.
There's nothing wrong with a game being political (even if you don't agree with it) as long as it's executed well.
Any game with a lot of straight romance options (where the MC is a self-insert, ie Persona) should also have at least one gay option. I'm not going to write shitty Kotaku articles whining about it, but it should just be common practice, and games like that are not "damaged" by having more options.
Having said the above, SMT is better than Persona in pretty much every way and doesn't really have romance at all.
Most of DMC3's bosses are terrible.
Most of Demon's Souls bosses are terrible.
A Link to the Past is better than the original Legend of Zelda in pretty much every way.
The second half of Symphony of the Night is shit.
Bioware was never good.
Pokemon was never good.
Kingdom Hearts 2 was a disappointment on release and Final Mix was just a bandaid.
"Tokyo team" is a meme and the "Osaka team" has a better track record and a better understanding of what made the first Kingdom Hearts good to begin with.
The Legion is an unfinished meme faction and anyone who unironically sides with them is a fool.
If Warcraft IV is ever made (and isn't total dogshit) it should completely and utterly retcon WoW.
>>
Sonic R could had better controls, and been a better game, if it also had more content.
>>
>>377450114
is this the most unpopular opinion ever?
>>
Old style pc fps games like deus ex and system shock are unintuitive and have aged badly
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.