[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that /v/ thinks are shit but are actually good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: HaloReach_rp_360.jpg (476KB, 1000x1391px) Image search: [Google]
HaloReach_rp_360.jpg
476KB, 1000x1391px
ITT: Games that /v/ thinks are shit but are actually good
>>
You mean games that any actual Halo fans thinks are shit but casual staff captains think are good
>>
>>377445563
But it is good
>>
>>377445635

Lol what's an "actual" halo fan you sperglord?

MUH LORE bookfag?
>>
>>377445635
He means games 343/M$ shills say are shit to try and sell the "Halo 5 is as good as Halo 2" meme but people who actually play video games think are good
>>
The multiplayer was broken. The DMR was blatantly overpowered, and the head hitboxes were shaped like doughnuts.
>>
>>377445563
Explain how it's good.
>>
>>377445563
It had a pretty great single player.

Multiplayer was pure wank though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVYWTRhmwM
>>
>>377445563
I honestly think Reach was the best in the franchise. It was the last Halo game released by Bungie.
>>
>>377445563
Basically any game that /v/ thinks is shit. /v/ is filled with plebs with shit taste.
>>
>>377446248
>/v/ is filled with plebs with shit taste.
True. /v/ loves nuDoom.
>>
>>377445876
Was the perfect amount of derivative. Expanded on the core story and gameplay and accomplished things new and interesting things without feeling weird or tacky

Excellent atmosphere

Aesthetic of the armor and the vehicles was way cooler

Map designs were a ton of fun

Meant something special to Halo fans but doesn't need to stand on the legs of being Halo to be interesting otherwise

Had tons of interesting and redeeming moments. I like how you know they were doomed from the start, it's a profound twist on the standard narrative

Explain how it's not good. The closest thing to a rebuttal I've ever heard was Halo fans having the tunnel vision of a straw and saying IT'S DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE IT'S RUINED
>>
File: 282091_front.jpg (238KB, 640x805px)
282091_front.jpg
238KB, 640x805px
>>377445563
>>
>>377447645
So the only good part was everything unrelated to the gameplay in a game?
>>
>>377445635
>>377445817
I am an actual Halo fan who has liked the series since before CE even came out when I randomly picked up fall of reach in a bookstore, who both likes reach and thinks H5 has the best MP since H2

Where are your generalizations now?

>>377447645
to be fair it did have pretty shit maps
>>
Reach was such a good game.
>>
GTA V (Five)
>>
>>
>>377448129
No, the gameplay was good too. I said that. And then listed about 7 other things
>>
File: ps2_146.jpg (2MB, 3191x2129px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_146.jpg
2MB, 3191x2129px
>>
>>377448129
yes
>>
>>377448303
The gameplay wasn't good, though. It was slow and clunky, none of the guns could hit the broad side of a barn, none of the maps had powerups, the maps were all ass and the only decent ones were made in Forge. Not to mention the framerate being less stable than a Jenga tower.
>>
>>377445563
The multiplayer was absolute shit. They somehow managed to make halo even slower despite adding abilities that in theory should speed the game up
>>
Why wasn't Jorge the boss, he's an S2
>>
>>377445635
reach was literally the last good halo game
t: halo player since 2002 babby
>>
>>377448604
>invincibility and invisibility at the touch of a button
>on-demand bubble shield
>the ability to run away from any fight
>making the game faster
>>
>>377448462
The gameplay is exactly the same as every other Halo game save sprint and the abilities

What are you on about

>none of the maps had powerups
Am I not remembering this game correctly or does this make no sense?

The powerups are something you equip. What is it you're complaining about?
>>
File: 1479240073438.jpg (247KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1479240073438.jpg
247KB, 560x560px
>>377445563
>People actually think Reach was good
jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>377448826
>The gameplay is exactly the same as every other Halo
Except for the killtimes being much longer, the move speed being much lower, and none of the guns having any sort of accuracy at all.
>What is it you're complaining about?
None of the maps had powerups. Does every Reachfag not know anything about the series they play?
>>
Pic unrelated?
>>
>>377449032
It's been 7 years I don't have the memory of an elephant

>None of the maps had powerups.
I still don't know what that means

There weren't places to re-fuel the powerups? This is a bad thing?
>>
>>377449032
>and none of the guns having any sort of accuracy at all.

Bullshit, the guns in reach are far more generally accurate then in 3. Yes, you had bloom to deal with, but the base level of spread was MUCH lower then it was in 3 across the board. Also, it's better to be able to manage that spread via shot placement then always having it and not being able to mitiviate it like in 3.

1:1 accurate BR shots were impossible and thre AR couldn't consistently hit shit past 5 feet in 3. In reach, the DMR is capable of highly accurtae pinpoint fire out to distances the H3 br couldn't dream of even if bloom's values had issues, and the AR was actually cabale of accurate fire out to mid range.
>>
>>377449364
There were no Overshields or Active Camos on any of the maps. It's bad because Bungie decided to just break a part of Halo in order for it to fit their new vision.
>>
>>377449409
It was better than 3, but worse than every other game in the series. Why even bother having bloom on a so-called "marksman" weapon? It punishes using the weapon at long range, and rewards using it up close by giving it higher DPS. If they wanted to slow down ranged battles, they could have just nerfed the fire rate and not made the game as shit in the process.
>>
>>377447645
>Ruined the arena fps basics with armor abilities,
>Jetpack destroying map control and armor lock stalling matches which destroys the flow.
>Sprint becoming a get out of jail free card.
>Grey brick small dick forge maps
>Dmr was vastly overpowered and took control of both short and long range even after nerfs or worse with zero bloom
>edgy skull armor and shit effects
>Firefight blew dick compared to odst
>Reused campaign assets for maps.
>Stumpy fucking dwarf spartans with asspacks.

Shit like this is what happens when bungie isn't rushing to push shit out, they come up with dumb fucking ideas that break the core and then you create destiny. Reach is the reason why halo 4 turned out so poorly on the mp front.
>>
>>377449479
>It's bad because Bungie decided to just break a part of Halo in order for it to fit their new vision.
They didn't have shields or camo because it's redundant given the abilities.

Back to the "tunnelvision of a drinking straw" thing, Halo fans would be upset if Master Chief's left buttcheek had a different colored screw in it.
>>
>>377451634
You can't criticize people not liking a series changing for the worse when you just got done defending your love of change for the sake of change.
>>
>>377448826
Breh. You clearly don't know shit I'm sorry. Play some Halo 1 split-screen Deathmatch and then play some shit Nu-Halo and you'll feel the fucking difference
>>
>>377451737
I thought it was change done well.

Halo 5 on the other hand had nothing endearing about it. It was different but it just seems like such a dumb, phoned-in imitation that dismantled what people liked about Halo without realising it.
>>
>>377452361
Why do you think loadouts, invincibility buttons, and depreciation of mechanics that have existed since the first game is good change?
>>
>>377452452
>loadouts
You fabricate your own playstyle and create exponentially more gameplay

>invincibility buttons
You're invincible but you're also anchored in place and the longer you're invisible the more vulnerable you become.

I'm kind of okay with zero-game mechanics when they're only applied to you.

>depreciation of mechanics that have existed since the first game
It's a derivative

I don't know about permanently but I'd want the one game that stepped outside the paradigm a bit to experiment
>>
File: the-last-of-us.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>377445635
This

>>377445563
But it is shit
>>
Reach was the worst addition to the series in terms of the lasting effects of its COD like design but it wasn't a terrible halo game
>>
>>377448207
>I randomly picked up fall of reach in a bookstore
>lying on the internet
>>
>>377449025
I thought the campaign was decent with some of the best enemy variety in the series.
Weapons were good too, the fucking sticky launcher noises were kino.

Heroic death contest was shit though, and so was the MP.
The funny thing is I remember being really triggered about all the customization content being locked behind like fucking thousand hours of MP or some shit instead of player achievements. Now this model is considered consumer friendly, and the gritty tacticool is 100x better than the fucking ugly futuristic plastic.
>>
>>377448667
this
>>
>>377450010
>>Ruined the arena fps basics with armor abilities,
>>Jetpack destroying map control and armor lock stalling matches which destroys the flow.

Do you think rehashing the equipment from Halo 3 would have been a better idea than armour abilities?
>>
>>377450010
This, I hate that piece of shit.
>>
>>377448826
>no bleed through
>slow movement speed
>low jump height
>slow ttk
Kill yourself
>>
>>377451634
The amount of defense Bungiefags give Reach is disgusting.
>>
>>377454742
I dunno I've heard so many people tell me I'm wrong you'd think atleast one of them would have some kind of compelling argument
>>
>>377454890
You want an argument, Armor Abilities broke the flow of the maps and made kill times longer. Power-ups like Overshield and Active Camo help to gain map control due to their effects.
>>
>>377453704
Why would I lie about that?

>>377454601
No bleedthrough was a good thing, it meant the player with the better fire control would win melee encounters vs whoeever could spam the b button faster

>>377449684
For peecision weapons, maybe, but pretty much every other gun was the most accurate it had ever been in HR with the exception of maybe CE

In any case it's a moot point now since Halo 5 has pretty inarguably the best system. No bloom or spread for precision guns, automatics have bloom, but also have tight spread to begin with and can be used very accurately when bursted.
>>
>>377455565
>No bleedthrough was a good thing
No it wasn't. In practice, it made your guns arbitrarily do less damage if you didn't catch someone with an exact amount of damage from whatever weapon you're using. It also rewarded you for purposely not shooting someone and punching them before they could break your shield because that would put you two on the same level.
>>
>>377455565
>No bleedthrough was a good thing
No it's not, it doesn't matter how low your enemies shields are in Reach because due to their being no bleed through they can still kill you compared to Halo 1-5.

I'm starting to think faggots only defend Reach because it has Bungie's names on it.
>>
>>377455565
Because you are a dirty fucking shill and nobody that likes halo would condone the shit 343 is pulling.

I would rather halo died then see it raped..
>>
>>377455868
*there
>>
>>377448294
Moussa go home
>>
>>377455915
Or maybe I just don't have a stick up my ass.

>>377455838
>>377455868
>It also rewarded you for purposely not shooting someone and punching them before they could break your shield because that would put you two on the same level.

Wrong, it encouraged you to shoot untill the enemies sheld was down and THEN melee, as there's zero delay between you firing a shot and meleeing, but there's a delay after you melee.

In other words, it meant whoeever started shooting first would win melee battles if both players were using the same weapons and all shots connected, which is how it should be. You couldn't melee to close the gap.
>>
>>377458028
No, if I shoot your ass up if I come to melee you, you should fucking die, not still be on even ground with me, this is why Reach is garbage.
>>
File: reach military.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reach military.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
>>377448667
>>377447645
>>377445563
Reach was the last halo game that nailed the aesthetic of the franchise.

When you play the campaign, you already know the tragic end, and the fact that humanity is in a LOSING BATTLE. I don't understand why so 343 doesn't fucking get it anymore, but the appeal is that humanity is pulling in it's final resources as a military-industry machine to fight against an overwhelming enemy. In this regard, the term Spartan truly fits what their role is, compared to any of the later emotional helmet-less faggot-ass spartans are. They die fighting a cause as warriors, and not characters.

And the aesthetic was truly something that could be imagined in a sci-fi military, you could tell that love and realism was poured into it.

All the faggots who whine about "muh gameplay", fuck off back to overwatch
>>
>>377458619
>Reach was the last halo game that nailed the aesthetic of the franchise.
But that's Halo 3, Reach was brown like other shooters and while the aesthetics weren't Halo 4 and 5 bad, they were getting there.
>>
>>377445563
You have it wrong. /v/ thinks Halo: Reach is good but it's actually shit.
>>
>>377458973
This, 100%
>>
>>377445563
Remember being blown away by forge in this.

>>377446010
Agreed

>>377447645
THIS THIS THIS

>>377449025
>>377455868
ITT autist scum
>>
>>377445563
I think you have that backwards
>>
>>377445635
this desu

this game was fucked.

Campaign was okay - "hey here are your badass teammates, oh shit they're all dead in 5 minutes"

Multiplayer was shit because of armor abilities, and the DMR bloom randomness. Spartans vs elites was kind of fun for a while

Firefight was the only thing it had going for it. even then ODST did it better
>>
>>377459392
How does Bungie's cock taste? Admit bitch, you only like Reach because it has Bungie's name in it?
>>
>>377459609
*on it
>>
>>377458619
>losing battle
Never understood why they let humanity's power level baloon out of control so much. With the covenant basically a laughingstock now they have to pull enemies out of their asshole. Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
Last Of Us and Persona 5.
>>
>>377458913
>Reach was brown like other shooters
Not that Anon, but in some parts, yeah
However, when you got to a map that actually had some colour, it was goddamned gorgeous

In regards to Bungie's Halo's, and general looks, the part about Halo 3 that bothered me (and I played a fuckton more Halo 3 then I ever have Reach) was that it was trying to evolve Halo 2's style into a new console that Bungie just got their hands on. They didn't know how to push the 360 to its limits like they did with Reach, and that has to be one of the few things I give Reach props for; it still looks better than most games out nowadays.

Though, ODST was an example of Halo 3's style being pushed to its own limits. In which case I'd say it tops Reach in some parts.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.