[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why does everyone hate this one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
/v/, why the hate?

I picked it up despite the hate and ended being surprised. Sure it isn't perfect, but it is fun and the devs seem to care enough to patch this thing so why?

A lot of people say it is missing features promised on Kickstarter, but I looked at the Kickstarter page and can't say I see anything missing, aside from a "BILLION" different level generations.

Anyone have a clue?
>>
People don't like being falsely advertised to, I'd guess.
>>
it's pretty boring desu.
You mostly use one of the starting weapons since everything else you pick up just runs out of ammo almost instantly, and even then most of em are basically the same weapons that you start out with, just with a reskin/different looking bullets, and that do more dmg.
There are "buffs" that you get for your main weapons, but getting them is pretty random, and they don't usually change that much (sometimes they can actually kinda fuck you over)
The enemies are pretty fucking boring. Like it's mostly just shit that moves towards you and a few robots that shoot basic shit at you. I've only gotten to the 2nd "world", and it was basically the same shit.
There isn't any real progression between runs apart from getting that teleporter thing to skip worlds, but that's not really that interesting.

And that's pretty much it. There's just very little to the game as it is. I did have some fun playing it, but after a few runs it just gets pretty boring since nothing really changes.

Also
>railgun isn't actually accurate and shoots pretty fucking randomly
Literally the only thing that the rail gun has over the smg is shooting shit at a distance, and then you go and make it inaccurate.
>>
>>377432519
it's very poorly designed.
>roguelike game
>supposed to be run and strafe and gun
>the most legitemate tactic is to sit back, tutrle like a motherfucker or run backwards in a corridor
>enemies are beyond retarded, like 0 ai. Compare that to old school shooters where you were getting flanked
>buggy as shit
>enemies dropping from ceiling, enemies shooting permament acid that stays permamently on the ground, random fires that damage you, all that shit taking up usable space you could use for run and gun, meaning turtling best strat
>3 starting guns
>visuals making it very difficult to pick out important things at a glance, poor visual design.
>one real weapon
>reloading added for some reason
>horrible gunplay

it's all style no substance kind of game. Could've been really good but the designers are dogshit.
It's the artists thanks to who the game ever got made. The artists actually worked while designers were idea guy tier faggots.
>>
>>377432643
Well of course, but in this "trend" of procedurally generated levels in games, I'd expect people to know the limitations of it at least. Or AT LEAST look into the feasibility of it before putting money down onto it.

I just think anyone who'd take "billions" literally, especially with the marketing campaign for the game is naive.

I am not trying to shill at all for this game, there is a lot wrong with it, being a rogue like game. But I think people are throwing this one aside for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>377433290
Also now that I think about it, movement and level design is also pretty boring. Literally all you do most of the time is run around in circles kiting the boring enemies and shooting at them.

Also
>the shop that you get at the end of some levels has a bunch of signs telling you to keep calm and not try anything stupid
>a bunch of robots there to "guard" shit
>clearly a fucking invitation to actually just shoot the place up
>you shoot the place up
>you literally get nothing for it
>can't steal the items
>no extra money
Like why would you put that shit there if fighting that shit is pointless?
It's like putting a giant door into your game with a sign "super secret shit", and when you open it , it's just an empty room.
>>
>>377432519
Literally, no reason to play this
>waves of enemies, but you have to reload after 5-6 shots
>guns are shite and feel accordingly
>sluggish movement
>randomly generated boring maps
>poorly defined, poorly colored enemies that do not stand out at all
>horrendously uninformative map
Any half-decent Quake map pack blows this out of yer ass.
>>
File: 2051227165.png (4MB, 1884x1081px) Image search: [Google]
2051227165.png
4MB, 1884x1081px
The entire "Best Game of 1996" shtick for this game really pissed me off for a number of reasons. The devs just seem like a bunch of dumbasses that try so hard to seem cool or retro. Everything about this game screams "trying too hard." Even the special edition physical release of this game pissed me off. It came with a fucking floppy disk and a cassette tape. Hey numbnuts! Quake was in a fucking CD-ROM.
>>
>>377432519
I'm just waiting for Vive support before I pick it up.
>>
It's to 90s games what Kung Fury was to 80s films

Trying too hard to be in on a joke that never existed in the first place, not straight-faced enough
>>
>>377435424
Why are they all dressed like teenagers. What the fuck happened to people.
>>
>>377435424
The soundrack, at least in the marketing campaign, was completely wrong as well. Late 90s was an era of mod tracks and edgy electronica, not retrowave memery. It's like those idiots wanted to splice "muh neo-80s" hipster crowd and "muh oldschool FPS" people together with disastrous results.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.