[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 3 or FES?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
Just finished P5 and I want more Persona. P3 seems dark as hell and I dig it, but I've heard alot of division over which version is better. What do you think?
>>
Persona 3 is shit so just play FES. Much better game by a cooler company.
>>
>>377432274
You mean Persona 3 Portable or FES. Persona 3 vanilla is just Persona 3 FES without the FES.

Anyways go with FES and if you wanna check out a femc playthrough later on play P3P.
>>
>>377432274
Go for FES, there's no contest.
>>
>>377432570
>>377432636
Ahh, I see. What makes P3P inferior?
>>
FES is objectively better than P3. You're probably thinking of the debate over FES vs P3 Portable. FES is definitely better than P3P for a first playthrough. P3P loses a lot of the atmosphere that makes the game so memorable.
>>
What tips would you have for someone replaying persona 3? I remember having a hard time with it, but it was also my first "SMT" game. Honestly don't remember much about it which is why I've wanted to replay it.
>>
>>377432894
No cutscenes, overworld is replaced with a VN menu.
>>
>>377432894
You can't actually walk around the town. Instead, it's a map that you navigate with a cursor. Also, all the awesome anime cutscenes are replaced with slideshows, and the dialogue doesn't have any character models actually interacting with eachother on the screen. Instead, it's like a visual novel. The game is still good, but the atmosphere is kind of fucked up, so it's only really good for a second playthrough as the Female MC.
>>
>>377432274
P3P has you able to control your party members' actions, but it wasn't rebalanced for this feature, resulting in a much easier game than P3 normally would be. P3P also lets you play as a girl with a few different social links from normal.

P3 FES has your party members' actions determined by AI as influenced by your orders (such as commanding them to focus on offense or support spells), which is what the game was originally balanced for. FES also comes with a bonus chapter called The Answer, a story taking place after the events of the main game, which P3P lacks.
>>
>>377433093
Don't play on Hard difficulty. It just makes you have to grind a fuck ton to beat any of the bosses.
>>
File: QaYRpWL.png (152KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
QaYRpWL.png
152KB, 720x720px
P3 vanilla

-There is absolutely no reason to ever play this unless your choice is between this and Portable

P3 FES

-This is "best" version of the original. You can play this on the PS2 or PS3 as a digital PS2 Classic (every PS3 model can play PS1 and PS2 Classics).
The only version of Persona 3 that has an epilogue called The Answer, roughly 30 hours. It's Persona 1 and 2 style difficulty here, no joke.

P3 Portable

-Everything outside of the main dungeon becomes a visual novel experience
-Includes the battle mechanics of Persona 4 (controllable party members, knockdown mechanics easier to pull off All-Out Attacks, skill cards, reshuffled stats, new portraits of some Persona like Loki).
-The only version of Persona 3 with a female protagonist, however she is never referenced again, and is not considered canon
-Female protagonist has exclusive music to her storyline

If you're going into Persona 3 blind, pick FES. If it's been a while, you may wanna look into Portable. There's A LOT of good stuff Portable did, but you do lose so much without the 3D environment and animated cutscenes.
>>
>>377433292
>>377433307
>>377433372
Wow that sounds really lame. FES it is then.

>>377433468
Is P3 grinding that heavy compared to P5 on hard? I only had to grind a bit in P5 hard mode because I was always behind on Personas like an idiot.
>>
>>377433468
Already started on normal, but I'm just wondering what social links are a must, or if there's a task I should make sure I start doing right away.
>>
>>377432274
>P3
>after playing P5

Don't bother lol, there is only 1 dungeon in the entire game that you'll be spending dozens of hours in and it will all look like one level of Mementos with slight color and music variations. After playing P5 I don't think you'll make it.
>>
>>377433764
P3 links give no bonuses aside from fusion exp. Do whichever ones you want. It is close to impossible to max everyone on the first run, unless you follow an extremely strict guide that allows for 0 fuckups.
>>
File: imbyW4q.jpg (198KB, 907x907px) Image search: [Google]
imbyW4q.jpg
198KB, 907x907px
>>377433659
FES/Vanilla Hard gives enemies an Ambush priority over you EVEN if you're the one who initiated combat from behind them.

Doing a fresh Hard run of P3 is possible for people who previously experienced the combat system (you know how the AI behaves and can prepare for situations in which the AI partner might do something dumb). I wouldn't recommend it first timer, Normal is quite balanced unlike Persona 4 Golden which is hilariously broken on Normal once you get to September.
>>
>>377433931
>>377434017
Star gets you Helel, the best Persona.
>>
>>377433659
Yes, I might have spent around 20 hours just grinding over the course of my playthrough, compared to not grinding at all in P5 on hard. I always had the best equipment and good Personas too, so it's not like I was underequipped. The bosses can be brutal, especially the final boss. Hard is not worth it imo.
>>
>>377434243
Wasn't P3 anti-grinding with the tired mechanic?
>>
File: LhyeBnJ.png (112KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
LhyeBnJ.png
112KB, 512x512px
>>377434243
You can cheese Persona 3 on Hard if you have previous knowledge of every system.

First way to abuse Persona 3 is to fuse Persona with heart items (fusing a Persona 7 days before and after a Full Moon increases a fused Persona having a Heart icon). Heart items are extraordinarily useful, from memory I know Thor/Odin/Surt give Null-Fire and Null-Electric that render Mitsuru and Yukari impervious to their weakness completely. And you can fuse for those at LV 50-60s.

The other way is Persona 3 is the only modern Persona that has full HP/SP recovery if you return to the base of the dungeon, something you have to pay for in Persona 4 and in 5 is eliminated completely.

You can also purposely trigger floors in Tartarus that have Golden Shadows that give high EXP, rooms with nothing but treasure chests, etc. That kind of randomization is difficult in Persona 4, and Futaba can reset dungeons items in Mementos.

There's a lot underneath the layer of Persona 3 that the more in-tune player can abuse if they're willing to enter into Hard difficult right away with prior knowledge.

P3 Hard The Journey isn't a shitshow like say, Persona 1 and 2 or Persona 3 The Answer.
>>
>>377433764
Yeah, you can't grind for a long time each day, but you can go to the dungeon way more than in P4 or P5. The dungeon is at night instead of the day time, and night in P3 has almost nothing else to do in it after you max your stats, which I did in like August.
>>
>>377434798
So I should spend my nights reading to max stats until I max them minus a few runs of the dungeon?
>>
File: B1FTNRc.jpg (109KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
B1FTNRc.jpg
109KB, 1024x673px
>>377434945
The "optimal" way of exploring Tartarus to prevent early exhausation is gain a few levels as you climb, then quickly start ignoring Shadows and jet it to the next mid-boss warp point, warp there and save, beat the boss, continue ignoring shadows and just hit the warp spots.

This means each time you return to high floors you have max HP/SP, however, could mean you'll be underlevel. But you'll have a save made beforehand from warping out that you can try to gain EXP before tiring out and fighting midbosses. Fighting EVERY shadow in every floor is insane in the early game and mid game, there's a reason the Square button has Team commands for exploration and separation.
>>
File: 1486710820581.jpg (183KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486710820581.jpg
183KB, 444x600px
P3P.
>>
P3P is fine until the ending.

It was my first time playing P3 and because there's no animated cutscene or in-engine animations I had no idea what the fuck was going on.

I had to look up a video of FES on YT to get what happened.
>>
>tfw played P3 vanilla instead of FES because it was my first Persona game and I didn't know better
Is the extra content worth a replay of the game?
>>
>>377434945
Yeah, pretty much, but don't focus on Academics first. You can also go to the Cafe and Karaoke in the mall for Charm and Courage, and if you have tons of money, the Arcade gives stat boosts on certain days too. The first stat you should aim for is Courage, since you need to max it to start one of your party member, Fuuka's S-Link in June. After that is Charm, which you should max by late July to start Yukari's S-Link. After that, you need max Academics to start Mitsuru's S-Link in November. You don't really need to hit those deadlines, but saving Academics for after the other 2 is recommended.
>>
>>377435651
No. FES makes some improvements to the base game, but its not a HUGE difference. The main thing is that it adds an Expansion thing called the Answer, which is fully dungeon crawling, and has none of the social aspects of the base game. It's also not very good. If you wanna know the story, just read a summary and watch some of the cutscenes.
>>
File: bGfnSK7.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bGfnSK7.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>377435651
You can build a robot a vagina and fuck her. Aigis is a social link now. And you can literally fuck the Velvet Room attendant bellgirl Elizabeth in your door room. There's a new Persona fusion shop in the mall. You can also start the Persona 3 epilogue, The Answer, right away from the main menu without beating the original journey.

If you have save data from P3 vanilla, it carries over your stats into P3 FES so it's not a complete ballbuster to restart.
>>
>>377435429
My nigga.
This happened to me also, I was like seem like a normal sweet ending and then "XD".

The lack of cutscene in general and 3D make the game slightly less immersive, but at the same time the Female protag + music + full party control and optional boss make the game "better".
So persona 3 is fucked somehow due to no real "good version".

Start with FES then switch to P3P.
>>
I'm not trying to start an argument on which Persona is better or anything, but I could never go back to 3 and 4 after playing 5.
Persona 3 was cool back in the day, then came Persona 4 which is basically a copy and paste of Persona 3, and there's 5 which improves in every aspect.
Oddly enough, I could go back to 2, because it's so different and it's its own game.
>>
>>377437270
>I'm not trying to start an argument on which Persona is better or anything
>But Persona 3 and 4 are shit
>>
>>377437454
I didn't say that, anon. Persona 3 was GOAT back in the day. And I didn't even mind Tartarus.
>>
File: 2625829-3945.gif (974KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
2625829-3945.gif
974KB, 500x256px
Aigis > real girls. Aigis will always be by your side when you need her, and she won't give you much trouble compared to real girls. Aigis is just amazing.
>>
>>377435987
>You can also start the Persona 3 epilogue, The Answer, right away from the main menu without beating the original journey.
>If you have save data from P3 vanilla, it carries over your stats into P3 FES so it's not a complete ballbuster to restart.
That's very helpful, thanks
>>
>>377438274
You can't fuck her though
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.