[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post and talk about 10/10 GOAT games only.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

ITT: We post and talk about 10/10 GOAT games only.
>>
>>377431532
ok, how about you start
>>
>>377431532
You first, original poster.
>>
are there any more games like this? perhaps with a different setting?

also preferable no out side threats, i hate having to kill things in this game i just want to afk sometimes and leave it running
>>
>>377431590
>>377431618
If you don't think factorio is a 10/10 game you have supreme bad taste.
>>
I haven't played Factorio in a year. I made the rocket launch once and beat the game, I guess.

Why should I pick it up again? Do you have a reason?
>>
>>377431705
Hmm, there's that other factory game, infinifactory or some shit, and there's another cheesy 2d blueprint one on pc, but I don't remember the name.

You can turn it on peaceful now though, you don't need to kill aliens anymore for science.
>>
>>377431705
You could turn off enemies (peaceful mode).

You could also turn off them making attacks.

You can also turn off them spreading, so when you destroy a base it's gone for good.

Lots of granular settings so you can play at your own pace.
>>
>>377431745
Well new patch came put reworking science, so there a total of 6 science packs now and the progression is a bit more sensible (You don't fall off a cliff going from green to blue anymore)

Unlimited research now so you don't ever end anymore if you don't want

Added new things such as nuclear power
>>
>>377431532
factorio is not 10/10 but its so good it might as well be.
It's missing a lot of late game stuff.
The entire thing just ends once you launch the rocket. It should keep going and growing.
In the end all you do is build a bigger factory to make science packs.
Would be nice if you had some more stuff like setting up space trace and satisfying demand or something. Capitalism, ho.
>>
>>377431532
I remember building a series of high speeding trains encircling my base so that they'd run over any invading ayys. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>377431974
They did add unlimited science now so you can still go past the rocket and not peak research

But it's true that the only technical goal is launching the rocket
>>
I tried getting into this game. Too autistic for my taste. Now playing Rimworld and Another Brick in the Mall
>>
>>377432037
Did you have to be concerned about repairing the trains ?
>>
>>377431943
What does unlimited research mean?

You mean power upgrades? Like, you can make the laser canons infinitely powerful, keep upgrading?
>>
>>377432053
yeah but you're still making a factory just to build more expensive science packs faster.
Would be neat if you just started to work on terraforming or supplying colonies or space trade or something like that.
Something that gave you a challenge and made you retool the factory
>>
>>377431532
looks like a boring as fuck browser game from 2006
>>
>>377432197
Yeah like everything that increases damage or speed or anything now can be upgraded forever , at increasing costs

They added some research like mining efficiency and what not to add to that

So you can literally grow forever if you want
One of the science packs you need is space science which you get by launching the rocket

So even launching rockets has value now
>>
>>377432193
Just use repair robots my dude
>>
>>377432259
pleb
Keep playing overwatch and getting hype for next call of duty or battlefield
>>
>>377432197
You can continue researching upgrades but the cost exponentially increases. For people who want to continue to play after "winning" the game. Gives them something extra to strive.
>>
>>377432292
Shiiit brb

>>377432259
Kys faggot

>>377432228
Yeah I don't know what their end goal is for the "late game"

I enjoy the journey though
>>
actual release when? not buying early access
>>
>>377432421
Don't know

It doesn't feel early access though, just pirate it if you want to.
>>
>>377432421
you might as well, the early access is good enough to keep you entertained until full game is out.
Like seriosly its so well polished if nobody told you it's early access you would never know
>>
>>377432485
I'm too lazy for that
>>377432507
I just don't want to commit to the game, get burn out and then after it gets way richer with content - never launch it again. Happened to me before.
>>
>>377431943
>Well new patch came put reworking science
Sheeeeeiiit I gotta play this again. My main gripe with the game was the tedious reseach.
>>
>>377432662
you'll burn out before you get to the content since only content left to add is late game.
>>
>>377431705
Factory Idle?

Shenzhen I/O and Infinifactory also worth a look
>>
>>377432421
Honestly, everything bad about early releases isn't present in factorio.

>optimization
Factorio is heavily optimized. In fact, the developers get the most enjoyment out of optimization, just like how players optimize their factories in the game.

>bugs
Very few if any bugs. The only time there are major bugs, like crashing, is within a few days after a major release, and major releases only come two or three times a year

>lack of support
Game is selling like hotcakes and it's not even out, and they're consistently adding more developers to the team.

>it'll be cheaper later
The developers stated it will never go on sale.
>>
>>377432421
End of 2017 according to devblog
>>
>>377432662
Considering most people play for like 100 hours before first rocket launch I think you're fine
>>
File: 1492100171024.jpg (83KB, 650x443px) Image search: [Google]
1492100171024.jpg
83KB, 650x443px
>Play Factorio in 0.13
>Launch a rocket, it was a little fun but got pretty easy after clearing all the biters around me because no attacks.

>0.15.x
>Biters now constantly expand towards you.
>Steam electricity easier to generate but causes massive polution.
>Go full dwarf, have 6 sets of 24 furnaces making 4800 iron per minute, don't even have wall technology yet.
>Getting massive waves of biters every few minutes from all sides.
>Map is a deep, deep red and makes it difficult to actually see stuff when pollution levels are turned on.
>Bullets are less effective at killing biters due to armor changes now.

This is actually a lot more fun then playing like an elf with electric furnaces and solar panels. Sure, it's a lot more dangerous, but I'm raking in more materials in my first hour of gameplay than I was the entire time I was assembling a rocket on my previous game.
>>
>>377432940
not that far away I guess
>>377432778
>>377433125
>>377432934
yeah, I heard a lot of positive stuff like this. I see myself playing awhile, just not sure when it would be reasonable to start.
Let me ask one more question - let's say during my playthru new version with big update will be out. Will saves be compatible or I'll need to start from the scratch?
>>
>>377432662
The only content remaining is an artillery train and a spiderbot
>>
File: header.jpg (60KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
60KB, 460x215px
>>377431532
>>
>>377433526
Varies. Usually you can keep playing. But if a new resource comes out like uranium just did for example, you'll have to move further out to have the world regenerate that resource.

I think it's largely fine but I still wouldn't get overly attached desu.
>>
>>377431532

literally dwarf fortress for the disabled
>>
>>377433668
got it, interesting way of resource generation.
>>377433545
seems like the best part
>>
>>377433526
Usually when you play you'll often want to start over. There is so much design and logic to the game that making a new base from scratch with the knowledge you learned is extremely rewarding.
>>
>>377433861
Dwarf Fortress is for the socially disabled
>>
>>377433276
I recently found the joys of ultra-low density ore + AAI vehicles. Playing RTS style and managing isolated detachments of vehicles, automating resource/ammo convoys through an alien infested wasteland complete with defense detachments.
>>
>>377433861
it is nothing like dorf.
Dorf is sims for men
this is minecraft for 18+
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.