[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst part of the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
Just beat final palace, but I have to say, having finished the game finally

FUCK THE SPACE STATION. WORST PART OF AN OTHERWISE AMAZING GAME.

>Palace requires SP regen items and level 10 Star Confidant to do in one day without excessive grinding or having stockpiled coffee

>All the backtracking you have to do in the Early parts of the Palace

>Waves of Girimehkalas/Arahabaki Repel physical/gun, are bulky AF and making you waste your SP often. Also Arahabaki using spirit drain also fucks with your SP supply

>Have to play guessing games on which robot has which key card, but it doesn't matter because you have to essentially fight them all anyway, but who cares, lets make you waste some time listening to robot slave problems

>Guessing game minibosses with lackeys and everyone's actual weaknesses wasting your SP, time, just being annoying in general as a concept to face waves.

>Time sensitive puzzle elements that aren't paused during fight animations that you can't skip (and the enemies are also Girimehkalas/Arahabaki so you can't rush to save time, have to go through the full 6 second Frydyne animation)

>THE FUCKING TRANFER LINE PUZZLE

>Can't accommodate for trajectory and shadow's position when you get out of it, so you get ambushed

>Scathach's in the Transit lines you can't hide from because they are just narrow hallways with no weaknesses that you just have to grit through

>The fucking color puzzles that you basically have to go through 3 times in a row to get the feel for how the 3 switches work

>Map doesn't tell you the color of a non-active tube so you have no idea if it is Green, Red, or Blue until doing through it or getting a switch

>Constantly doing the long ass space animations from 1 tube to another.

>Final boss isn't even a cool shadow, just wave after wave of the guessing game robots you already faced with a time limit

Only redeeming factor of that entire pile of shit is getting the Moonman vest for memery
>>
>>377428208
Legit made me put down the game after finishing the extraction route. Then the boss felt like such a cop out
>>
The dungeon itself wasn't that bad, the ship is much worse in that respect.

It's just that the boss is so garbage.
>>
get good
>>
File: stop using minimaps.jpg (12KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
stop using minimaps.jpg
12KB, 360x270px
>>377428208
>>Map doesn't tell you the color of a non-active tube so you have no idea if it is Green, Red, or Blue until doing through it or getting a switch

It's not that hard, but you can't just rush through it. Use your eyes, man
Peter Molyneux was right about one thing, minimaps are the ultimate baby mode.
>>
>>377428208

I didn't like it as much as the others but will people stop acting like the airlock section wasn't anything other than a relief after everything before it? There was minimal combat and it was a series of simple puzzles. The fucking map even showed you which paths were activated or not.
>>
>>377429741
This. Literally the only threat was Scat, but even she is vulnerable to crits
>>
>>377428208
>THE FUCKING TRANFER LINE PUZZLE
That wasn't really a puzzle, just go as far as you can before flipping a switch instead of flipping the first switch you see, that's what you always do.

But I still agree on it being the dullest dungeon
>>
I've seen this post before. Also the entire palace was easy as fuck i will never understand how people had trouble
>>
>>377430293
I don't either. I'm playing the game totally blind, and just bumbling my way through (compared to some of the extreme autistic min-maxing I've seen in other P5 threads) and it only took me three in game days to finish on hard.
>>
>>377430293
It's not that it was hard, it's that it was boring and kept dragging on and on
>>
>>377429915
I did the opposite and it was literally only the last room which blocked my progress and forced me to learn the rule anyway. I didn't even realise it was a puzzle until then.
>>
File: bogdanoff-092.jpg (54KB, 640x596px) Image search: [Google]
bogdanoff-092.jpg
54KB, 640x596px
>>377430293
it was just a pain in the ass. And when you only have SP adhesive to refill your shit and the Physical reflecting demons constantly tax your SP supply, and you have to guess weakness with the 8 mini-bosses you have to drudge through, its just irksome.

Its just a a bothersome dungeon as the demons are meant to drain your SP (both in usage and by using spirit drain), repetitive just doing the same guessing game weakness gimmick with different colored robots, being forced to listen to robots dialogue that doesn't actually affect anything, getting ambushed every time you go to a new Transfer line because there is no cover and you can't control when you arrive to get behind shadows.

Also so time consuming. You have to backtrack 3 times at the start of the palace and then the wait time for the transfer line animations and the time sensitive puzzles just make the palace drag on and on.

Its in no way difficult, but just wholly annoying.
>>
>>377431125
Honestly i thought the rat sections in shidos were more obnoxious with all the backtracking. There were just too many of them, and i wished they threw in an entirely different gimmick about halfway through.
>>
>>377428873
How is the ship worse? I actually liked it. All you gotta do is just flip the switches on the doors to mark them go into mouse mode and unlock them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.