[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Witcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Witcherlogo.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Witcherlogo.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Just started the first Witcher game, having never played any of them. What am I in for?

Geralt's chest hair makes me uneasy.
>>
>>377428137
Weird and unsatisfying combat
Great dialogues
Some great quests
Good choices
Probably the comfiest atmosphere ever achieved by humanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
>>
first thing you should do:
PUT THE FUCKING GAME IN BIRD'S EYE VIEW!

The behind the shoulder camera fools you into thinking that this is your average third person hack and slay combat but it's actually more like Diablo with timed hits and various stances.
>>
>>377428801
Yea god damn the combat is bad. Still, gonna plough through it for the comfy feel.
>>
>>377428137
Atmosphere without fear, better than atmosfear.
>>
until act 2 it will be a slow drag

then it improves significantly over time

this game has many flaws and did not age too well but it's still an RPG classic and an overall good experience

play the entire series
>>
>>377428137
the more u play it, the better it gets, by the end it will be ur favorite witcher, trust me
>>
>>377430102
I plan to. How was the second one for you?
>>
>>377430176
This is true

I finished the game a while back. At the start I really hated the combat and the interface system felt outdated, and didn't even use alchemy at the start, but the more I played it the more I liked it. By the time I was about halfway through I actually liked the combat a lot.

The plot is great and it has some nice quests and with the godtier soundtrack the atmosphere is one of the best I've experienced.
>>
>>377430425
the witcher games are all very different from each other. it's always a hard landing when you start a new game especially since they tend to be dry on the first hours you play

witcher 1 is a very standard 2000ish rpg. in the good way mostly

witcher 2 is the shortest game in the series by far. it scraped many stuff that made witcher 1 good but it really improved combat and the story is very dark the darkest in the series and that can be cool if you are into that sort of thing. lots of politics

witcher 3 is a fucking huge game and open world, best game in the series by far but people on /v/ love to hate it because it's really successful

t. played all 3 witcher one after the other in the last two months
>>
>>377428137
Good story.

The gameplay is pretty dull. See it more as a long ass movie or a book than a game.
>>
keep all those skulls from the ghostdogs. trust me.
>>
>>377429239
>>377430176
>>377431332
All of these

As for the combat it's definitely ain't good, but it didn't make the game any less enjoyable for me personally, it just wasn't its strong part. Just do as much sidequests as you can so that by the end of the game you're an overlevelled killing machine which can delete everything in few clicks.
>>
Just beat it last month and then beat witcher 2 last week.

First act is pretty good and isn't too long nor difficult. Storyline is actually pretty interesting.

Act 2 is horrible, very long, confusing and challenging. Story of the chapter is ok, but not as good as the first chapter's plot.

Act 3 is good, not long at all, descions are really good, and the storyline finally starts up.

Act 4 is amazing, you need to make proper choices and the quests in this chapter are just crazy. Even the simplest dialogue choices have an impact

Act 5 is equally as good as Act 4. It is very short, can complete it in under 5 hours even if you go out of your way to get the good armor and weapons, and the fights are really good

Epilogue is the ending and it literally less than an hour and a half. Your choices begin to show.

How long to beat says the game is 36 hours for the main story, but I beat it in 27 hours, and got most of the equipment I wanted. This game will help you appericate Witcher 2 more since Witcher 2 is only a month after Witcher 1.
>>
File: 2015-07-29_00003.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-29_00003.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
>>377428137
You're gunna play through it in order to play Witcher 2 and 3 but after about 2 hours of Witcher 2 you will realise you plowed through what was actually the best game in the series. Witcher 3 returns to form (in terms of gameplay and world) but at this point Geralt has become almost Homer Simpson the Witcher and the tone doesn't fit. Daily reminder that all melee combat in singleplayer games is trash because the player character inputs attacks 20x faster than any of the npcs so it becomes mash light attacks to win/roll out of big arcs. You can only find what is approaching good melee combat in multiplayer games like chivalry and M&B.
>>
>>377432845
what the FUCK did i just read?
>>
File: witcher 2014-06-23 17-40-35-14.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 2014-06-23 17-40-35-14.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>377428137
>What am I in for?
Very good story, nice music, dated graphics, weird gameplay - I adore this shit but I'm not gonna pretend that there's no flaws.
Also install the Return of the White Wolf mod.
And get the ranged Igni before heading to the swamps (you'll thank me after the fight with the plant)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.