[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: screen_fb.jpg (669KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
screen_fb.jpg
669KB, 1438x810px
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing? It's great.
>>
oh man i keep reading it as "dead eels"
>>
>>377427909
contrarian /v/ went wrong
>>
>>377427909
Your birth.
>>
>>377427941
>>377428000
>>377428124
(You)
>>
How Rogue Legacy like is it?
I hated the idea of getting more and more powerful gradually so you never get to reface a challenge
>>
>>377429078
AFAIK, unlocks don't give you bonus stats, only bonus to items and spells ( e.g. +x% damage with Twin Daggers ). There is no power creep like in RL. Mobs are always weak in the early stages but get more powerful the further you progress. In order to avoid getting oneshotted, you need to memorize enemy patterns and master dodging
>>
>>377429776
The game is trash.
>>
>>377429776
>AFAIK, unlocks don't give you bonus stats, only bonus to items and spells ( e.g. +x% damage with Twin Daggers ).
It does mean that you can start with a 15% damage bonus weapon, though.
>>
They all kinda got killed in MGS2
>>
>early access
>the video you see when you load it up on the steam store page is incredibly dull, generic, and boring

They seriously need to change that fucking video, unless that's all the game is, then I guess the game is incredibly dull, generic and boring.

That video makes the dull, generic, and boring games look good. Seriously.

It's SO bad.
>>
File: 1372810717824s.jpg (7KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
1372810717824s.jpg
7KB, 233x233px
>>377427909
>Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer, souls-lite.
>>
>>377431198
>dull, generic, and boring
Say it a couple more times asshole.
>>
>>377431365

Your life.
Your life.
Your life.
Your life.
>>
File: anal.jpg (442KB, 1280x1139px) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
442KB, 1280x1139px
>>377427909
Nothing. It's pretty fun. Your opinion might vary.

Of course you should stop playing it immediately and start shitposting about it incessantly if you want to fit in here on /v/. The game is starting to get popular and you know what that means.
>>
From what I've seen it seems pretty neat. The weapons and subweapons look very satisfying and movement is pretty sleek. Not sure how I feel about those time locked doors though.
>>
>>377427909
Pirated it and it's buggy. Gonna wait for full release. Game might be pretty good.
>>
>>377431021
+15% damage will help you rushing the first levels but you still get rekt if you can't dodge for shit.
>>
Too repetitive. Route is almost always the same. Enemies are always the same. Boss is always the same. Rooms are essentially always the same.

Really the only thing that changes is the fucking power ups and weapons each run. But that's not even fun because of how the persistent leveling up works. Essentially you'll find the loadout you like the best. You'll pour all your cells into upgrading their damage. And then you'll just hope you either RNG it from the start or you find the stuff you use along the way. It's not that fun to experiment with different loadouts, plus it's less effective since oh whoops you got the flammable sword, too bad it isn't the +20% upgraded Rapier.

It just isn't fun to play the same thing over and over. The reasons I liked rogue legacy, binding of issac, enter the gungeon. Is because each run could be pretty different from the last. Not only that but I didn't feel cucked when I didn't get my favorite power ups or weapons. It felt fun to adapt to whatever I was given in those games and try out new strategies and builds and stuff. But this game is pretty much me praying I get the stuff I use and feeling gipped when I get some other weapon or power up I don't like/don't upgrade.

Also same goes for weapon effects like +200% to poisoned/frozen/burning enemies. Like fuck you I don't have one of those and I don't even really like using those effects or weapons that apply those effects. So again I end up feeling cucked, it's even worse when it's the weapon I want but a useless effect.

Basically it ends up feeling like diablo, except everytime you die you have to try and luck out and get your character build again. Or hey even like castlevania! Where you gravitate to certain weapon combos, but oops you died hope you get those again.
>>
>>377431278
absolutely ridiculous
the game might be great but come on
>>
>>377432373
They suck. There's just gold behind them most the time anyways. So it's like, do you really want to rush to get them. Or do you wanna make sure you get everything on each floor so that you'll be properly kitted for this run.

But at the same time you end up feeling gipped, because it's like, well yeah fuck these doors and fuck rushing through this shit just for gold. But also I really wish I didn't have to miss out on this room just because I didn't want to skip over shit and speedrun.
>>
>>377432373
You only need to get each one once for the blueprint thing, after that it's just a bit of extra gold.

There's one in a safe room between levels that you can grab through the floor even if you get locked out, too.
>>
>>377432474
>+15% damage will help you rushing the first levels
Which is exactly what the other anon was saying. You'd have to be braindead to die on the first levels after getting 4 potions and upgraded weapons.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.