[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Undertale fanbase so full of social justice types?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: pap.png (23KB, 325x293px) Image search: [Google]
pap.png
23KB, 325x293px
Why is the Undertale fanbase so full of social justice types? Is it possible to love Undertale and also not be a bizarre freak of nature?
>>
>>377423289
The time for liking Undertale has passed.
>>
No, the game itself is trash, it just panders cheep feels to people who don't have real emotions (SJWs)
>>
>>377423289

Sure. But the most obnoxious people will pretty much always been the most noticeable in any group.
>>
Yes.

But in that case you'll avoid any interaction with its cancerous fanbase, and hence not talk about it at all.
>>
>>377423572
Damn, show me your game anon, I bet it's really good. Oh wait, you're an uncreative jaded loser, my bad
>>
>>377423289
Because its like Earthbound, the most hioster game
>>
>>377423289
yes, /v/ used to love it
>>
>>377423653
It doesn't matter if he made a game or not, or who he is. Truth stands on its own, and that's why what you said doesn't change his criticism of the game.
>>
>>377423653
>you can't criticise a thing without making a better thing

Yeah that's bs
>>
>>377423653
Sootted the Undertale fag. Back to Tumblr little drone
>>
>>377423653
>You need to be a musician to have an opinion on music
>You need to be an artist to have an opinion on art
>You need to be a film director to have an opinion on movies
>You need to be a writer to have an opinion on books
>You need to be a game developer to have an opinion on games
>>
>>377423653
Not an arguement, leftist scum
>>
File: Alphys-0.png (5KB, 330x303px) Image search: [Google]
Alphys-0.png
5KB, 330x303px
>One character being capable of ruining an entire game
>>
>>377423653
I could take a shit right now and a better game than undertale would come out.
And sorry in advance but it won't involve furry milf pandering bullshit.
>>
Because two of the characters were gay so that must mean the rest of them are fucked in the head too.
>>
>>377423653
Go back to /pol/, faggot
>>
>ex had the fucking hots for OP's pic
>papyrus is close to giving me ptsd
>>
>>377423919
Go back to /pol/ please
>>
File: 1434640245182.png (733KB, 864x562px) Image search: [Google]
1434640245182.png
733KB, 864x562px
>>377423961
>>377423919
>tfw i normally browse /pol/ but come here just to shit on nintentoddlers
>>
Because Papyrus is so cool that he extends his friendship to all humans. The SJWs came enmass, seeing only a safe haven for their kind in the arms of the Great Papyrus.
>>
>>377423289
>Why is the Undertale fanbase so full of social justice types?
Considering how cryptic the game is, especially that the gender of the protagonist is not mentioned, you can pretty much create your own headcannons about the things of the game.
>>
>>377423289
Probably because the game doesnt have much "depth" in the sense that people discuss strategy/their playthroughs. FNAF and Elder Scrolls series are the same way, after a while there's not much to talk about so all that remains are the mentally ill
>>
>>377424487
>elder scrolls lore autists refer to vivec as "shi" and "hir" because the game describes him as hermaphroditic despite appearing male and having male pronouns throughout the games in which he appears
>mfw
(I have no face because I zero-summed)
>>
>Features a diverse cast and androgynous protagonist
>Has a strong narrative and is easy to pick up, making it appealing to casual women
>Game is entirely non-human characters, making it appealing to autists
>The autists come to 4chan and wallow in their autism, reinforcing their weird fandom
>The women and casuals go to tumblr, which reinforces their social justice tendencies
It's not that hard to understand.

It's a pretty good game if you go into it expecting nothing. But it's nowhere near as good as its fanbase makes it out to be.
>>
I unironically enjoyed the game.

I am not a furry, I have not sexualized any of the characters. I am a right leaning centrist who hates the SJW movement.

I really liked some of the lore in the game and the vibe of certain areas. I would have liked it to be more fleshed out in other spots too.

The combat system was a nice refreshing take on the standard RPG fare and I thought that was neat, but not god's gift to humanity. Ending conflict without combat is a neat idea but highly impractical in a non pacifist run (any of the 'neutral' runs if you would) if it offers no bonuses for when I'm railroaded into boss fights. If there were cool items to get from the dialogue tree instead of just ending the fight, that would have been better.

I did not find the art as garish as many do on /v/ and thought it had a certain level of charm, almost as if it was all goofy looking because it's from the child's point of view.

I've played through all 3 endings and was glad I did, however I feel like the ball was dropped on the Gaster shit not being finished, or further developed.

Will I ever replay it now that I've done the 3 endings? Not unless he makes more content. Do I ever talk about it anymore? No, except in these kinds of scenarios.

It was a fun experience when it happened. I am remiss that the fanbase is so incredibly autistic, but there are some non freaks who played and enjoyed it, OP.
>>
File: 1488565443033.jpg (19KB, 362x357px) Image search: [Google]
1488565443033.jpg
19KB, 362x357px
>>377423289
I haven't played Undertale, but I'm just gonna take a guess why tumblrfolk love it-

1. There's barely any humans so they can self insert whatever the fuck they like.
2. Its filled with feelgood stuff, while also being deconstructive of how much we rely on violence and brute force in video games.

How close am I?
>>
>>377425354
I agree with you. I do enjoy the game, but only as a one-off. I don't feel like I need to play it again after seeing each ending, and I doubt Toby will make updates anytime soon. I used to be part of the fandom, but not anymore(I didn't play that big of a role, just supported artists n stuff).

I don't really want to see so much of the game anymore because everything has been covered. And some semi-personal reasons that fall into it too.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.