[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entries that remain the best in their respective franchises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 99

File: Flock Off.jpg (50KB, 279x397px) Image search: [Google]
Flock Off.jpg
50KB, 279x397px
I'll start
>>
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png (32KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png
32KB, 250x215px
>>377423009
when it was still a good balance of believable and fantasy shit. quickly got out of hand and ridiculous with MGS2 with dumb fuck ups like Vamp, then it seems like Kojima felt stuck with him and had to continue to figure out a way to explain it, hence the whole nanomachine explanation he pulled out of his ass in 4.
>>
File: European_Cover_Art_KH.png (545KB, 570x802px) Image search: [Google]
European_Cover_Art_KH.png
545KB, 570x802px
>>
File: MediEvil.jpg (299KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
MediEvil.jpg
299KB, 950x950px
Can probably notice a trend here. This was legitimately the only good game in the franchise though, 2 was incredibly mediocre, and the remake, yeah we don't talk about that one.
>>
File: 250px-Ffxboxart.jpg (37KB, 250x365px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ffxboxart.jpg
37KB, 250x365px
>inb4 linearity

Every Final Fantasy has been linear as fuck since the SNES era. At least this game got the battle system right after doing away with that casual as fuck ATB trash. Also Tidus is much better written and more believable than Cloud, Squall and Terra combined, you cannot prove me wrong on this one. And blitzball > triple triad, the latter people only pretend to like because they have to put up with it to avoid tediously drawing magic for hours on end.
>>
>>377423009
3 is better.
>>
>>377423236
it's just a remake of MG2 though. At least MGS2 reusing the same plot (again) was justified and explained.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
It had the most passion and heart poured into it, no matter what incremental improvements the sequels bring, they will never have the spark of brilliance that DaS has.
>>
File: you_are_wrong.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
you_are_wrong.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>377424087
DMC3babby fuck off, i'm so tired of your guys's bullshit. I'll tell you exactly why you're wrong. DMC1 has better levels, better atmosphere, better enemy design, enemies that actually pose a fucking threat and are aggressive, as well as combat that is more reactionary and methodical. As opposed to remembering a movelist and performing your sicknasty combos with the damage of a pin needle on enemies with overinflated health pools. DMC3 was not a natural progression of the franchise, as much as I appreciate it's branch of action games. Fucking bloodborne is more of a successor to DMC1's style. DMC3 is only good for the bossfights. Now run along kiddo and jerk it to vergil.
>>
>>377424534
DMC isn't even a DMC game.
It's a reskinned RE4.
>>
>>377424534
Go back to shining kamiyas head bud.
>>
>>377424485
The level design blew my mind every time I found a shortcut to an earlier area (at least in the first half of the game, the second half fell apart because of linearity). None of the other soulsborne games could pull this off and I don't understand why, I'd imagine it's an easy concept to follow.
>>
File: Nelo.gif (2MB, 425x192px) Image search: [Google]
Nelo.gif
2MB, 425x192px
>>377424616
Right? Funny how a reskinned RE manages to still be one of the best action games to date, huh? I'd prefer the first game to not even be part of the same franchise in the first place. Cuhrayzee fags are cancer.
>>
>>377424534
>as well as combat that is more reactionary and methodical

Nope, DMC1 has less playstyles a player can play as or switch up and less varied movesets to keep things interesting which is important to have in any action game. You say the levels are better but forget that garbage water level in 1. 3 has a much more interesting plot and antagonist that makes up an iconic final boss fight which the game then let's you play as him later.

Bloodborne plays nothing like DMC1 so this comparison is retarded and in fact approaches a much more aggressive playstyle like 3. You can keep trying to ridicule 3 because you suck at combos but i've already said why this isn't the case and you can go suck off to half backed residents evil game and forever know DMC3 was the game that defined the franchise and the genre
>>
>>377423009
This was shit, tho. 3 is the only objectively good game
>>
>>
DMC1 is simple cause its the father of modern 3D action games. But even though it's simple, it's so masterfully crafted.

DMC3 is better, but the enemies are braindead compared to 1.

Anyone who complains about the water levels are fucking babies. Literally 5 mins of the game
>>
>>377425410
But is has no replay value compared to 3, game provides you far less options to switch up your playstyle
>>
>>377425569

Yup. I said 3 is better. But don't say shit like 1 ain't a great game.
>>
File: Quake 1.jpg (118KB, 800x947px) Image search: [Google]
Quake 1.jpg
118KB, 800x947px
Disappointing franchise in general
>>
>>377425674
>But don't say shit like 1 ain't a great game.

I ain't the OP who's constantly trying to shit on 3 like he has a hate boner for it
>>
>>377423236
Almost patrician taste, but MGS2 is still the magnum opus.

>>377423872
My negroid, VII is overhyped because babby played his first FF.
>>
>>377424485
Never played Des, uh?
>>
>>377425805
I actually love all the games, shitposting is just the only way anyone takes anything seriously around here. I see people shitting on the first game all the damn time, going on about how "dated & clunky" it is and can't appreciate it for it's own merits because the 3rd game has, like everyone knows at this point, taken over the franchise identity. It's easy to get fed up with such terrible taste, and blatant disregard for the classics in general.
>>
>>377425930
Yes but prefer DaS, not by a whole lot though.
>>
>>377423009
Wrong, 3 is the GOAT game of the series
>>377423236
Agreed
>>377423530
Fuck no, the story was fine, but I can't go back to that kind of gameplay. 2 is still the best for me.
>>377423872
That's not 6
>>377424485
Agreed, though I still enjoy Bloodbourne more
>>377425308
Multiplayer wise, yes. Story wise, fuck no
>>377425915
I always liked Wrapped better
>>
File: smbox_english.jpg (108KB, 547x400px) Image search: [Google]
smbox_english.jpg
108KB, 547x400px
>>377423009
Not that the Prime series is bad, but god damn they still don't even approach this game; which often lands in the top 10 of all time charts.

>>377424087
>3 is better.
3 had a terrible world/level design and boring enemies. The first game was beautifully crafted from the start to the very end in this regard, even had better music.
>>
File: Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_3.jpg (736KB, 1525x2175px) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_3.jpg
736KB, 1525x2175px
never was a fan of the open world direction the series went
>>
File: ScIIIbox.jpg (55KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
ScIIIbox.jpg
55KB, 354x500px
SC2fags do not apply.
>>
>>377426283
>The first game was beautifully crafted from the start to the very end

Someone forgot the shitty swimming segments and the shitty half of the Mundus battle where you're just flying
>>
>>377426283
>even had better music.
Damn right my man, even DMC2 as bad as it was even has a great OST. Lyrics were a fucking mistake, especially for songs you're going to hear upon hundreds of times.

>>377426473
Fuck off m8, the underwater segments take up no more than 3 minutes of the entire game. Also just git gud at space harrier.
>>
>invite internet gf in paris
>She wants to play DMC
>Very excited because its one of my favourite games ever
>Try to explain her how to play the game, where the secrets are etc etc
>She get pissed at me and start throwing a bitch fit
>Now she won't respond to me, calls me a creep on her twitter
>I even wrote a song for her but she just calls me a stalker
What do bros...
>>
>>377426283
>Not that the Prime series is bad, but god damn they still don't even approach this game; which often lands in the top 10 of all time charts.
Which honestly doesn't mean fucking much, but I agree, Super is GOAT. Honestly, Prime 1 felt A LOT like a remake of Super to me. Don't have much trouble saying they're more or less on par.

>3 had a terrible world/level design and boring enemies. The first game was beautifully crafted from the start to the very end in this regard, even had better music.
nvm you're a fag
>>
>>377426553

lol i actually have one problem with the mundus battle even though i love dmc1. Inverted controls during the flight battle. holy fuck i hate inverted controls
>>
>>377426581
Let her go, not worth staying in contact if she's calling you a stalker, just get out.
>>
File: Q9JB7IP.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Q9JB7IP.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>377426283
1st game had terrible repetitive combat with limited options which are a large sin in a action game.

There's a clear reason why when action games are brought with DMC 3 or 4 is mentioned
>>
>>377426805

DMC1 is still better then 90% of the genre
>>
>>377426952
You're delusional
>>
>>377426952
Compared to what? Not baiting. Keep in mind that outside of DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden I don't think there are many big representative of the genre.
>>
>>377426805
>>377427184
>1st game had terrible repetitive combat with limited options
Just stop. The game kinda plays more like a beatemup, but still has more than enough to still mix things up. You still have 3 seperate branches of sword moves, charged guns, roundtrip, stinger, high time for jugglan, fly with Alastor's DT, air raid lightning, vortex. Then swap to ifrit which is a little more limiting, but alters your air attack into a dive kick, kick 13, DT meteor blasts, and INFERNO. All off the top of my head.
>>
>>377424534
Didn't read anything you wrote besides the first few words but, nah lol 1 sucks
>>
File: 1411883199260.jpg (6KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
1411883199260.jpg
6KB, 250x211px
>>377427358
3 has exactly the same quantity of choices but to the tenth
and let's not even get started with 4
>>
File: header.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
I still haven't finished Dead Space 1 so I am not sure whether 2 truly is the best one.

>>377427254
God of War (2) is better than 100% of the genre. DmC is like a baby next to it.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75KB, 333x472px
Still remains the best survival horror game bar none.

>>377427570
>RE5 of the series
>Good
>>
>>377427570
>God of War (2) is better than 100% of the genre. DmC is like a baby next to it.
No one here likes DmC though, what's your point.
>>
>>
>>377427570
that's some heady bait. while you mention it though, god of war 2 is the best in its franchise. WAY better than the first one, much more memorable than the others. it nailed it
>>
>>377427558
Sorry, I forget some of you guys have incredibly short attention spans. If you're not inputting 20 commands a second, an action game sucks.
>>
>>377427184
>>377427254

Only 3D hack and slash games that beat DMC1 in combat are MGR, Bayonetta 1/2, DMC3/4, Ninja Gaiden series and Korra/Transformers.

God of War is garbage. Every other 3D action game is irrelevant. Souls combat sucks and is about enemy memorization instead of pure combat. Not bad games though
>>
>>377423530
KHII Final Mix is the best game. The first half of KH1 is pretty shitty, but the second half completely makes up for it.
>>
File: (you).gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>377427570
>God of War (2) is better than 100% of the genre. DmC is like a baby next to it.
in terms of level design? debatable (I only played the first one, can't talk for the others)
combat system? absolutely fucking not. GoW isn't even trying to get to DMC level of depth, it just wants to make you go full retard while killing stuff, which is fine.
>>
>>377427656
>Good
Yeah, it's great. Better than 3 for sure.
>>
>>377427570
Dead Space 1 is great dude, go finish it. Dead Space 2 is like the micheal bay version.
>>
File: bait.jpg (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
53KB, 625x626px
>>377427756
>Bayo 2
>The game that requires Witch Time to beat enemies
>The game that has enemies that can break out of combos and juggle state
>The game that made Wicked Weaves garbage

>Good
>>
>>377427745
we get it, DMC3 is too hardcore for you. why don't you go play chess?>>377427756
>Only 3D hack and slash games that beat DMC1 in combat are MGR, Bayonetta 1/2, DMC3/4, Ninja Gaiden
so basically any relevant hack n' slash game out there beats the original, got it.
>Korra/Transformers
fucking shovelware trash which rips off MGR and Bayonetta, why the fuck did you even put them there?
>God of War is garbage
it's great for what it's meant to be. oh, sorry, for what it WAS meant to be, because now it's going to be a muh feels pile of shit
>>377427756
>Souls combat sucks and is about enemy memorization instead of pure combat.
not even the same genre, dude
>>
>>377423872
>literal corridor
>party of whiny babies
>Yuna
>Wakka
>Rikku
>Motherfucking Seymor actually evokes the "destroy the world to save it" cliche, holy fuck
>unexplained as fuck rules behind sending and pyreflies
>combat is cheer quick hit quick hit quick hit ERRYTIME, while faggots suck it off for being "challenging", it's literally barebones turn-based combat, far worse than any of the games before it. Enemy types simplify it even more by literally telling the player to use specific characters only
>bosses killed by summons before battle gets anywhere
>no exploration and no sense of wonder series is known for
>absolute retardation in TWEESTS with dream Zanarkand and Sin
>Tropical theme dropped after 4 hours of game
>Bleetzball, brudda
>Kidnappings form half of the plot, the other half is dumb-ass power gathering that leads nowhere. Actually, as it turns out, if literal whos rammed MORE technology into Sin without any summons he'd actually die forever
>Wise and corrupt church officials only wise enough to kiss Yunaleska's ass, not wise enough to bother asking her what's up with Sin and shit
>Jecht's character never explained, sphere's tell shit-all about him
>Auron's character never explored
>Dream Zanarkand is just floating in the ocean, but you can't see it from an airship and it was never ever even remotely found
>lake bottom leads to a desert
>post-game is a godless grind for min-maxing purposes
>sidequests are all retarded and required to get the Ultimate Weapons
>Dialogue is awful and flavorless
>4 tiny cities in the whole world, all of them far less interesting than anything from 6-9
>no chemistry in the party
>Chappu spam in the first hours of the game, only for it to lead NOWHERE
>no world map
>temple trials, necessary to get two best summons
>anima being actually in some temple makes no sense, since she's a rogue final aeon, what the absolute fuck
>the absolutely pointless item spam before the final battle, final dungeon a shit
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377427939
RE6 is better than Dead Space 3, not exactly an accomplishment to be better than that steaming pile.
>>
>>377428134
>DMC3 is too hardcore for you.
There's nothing hardcore about comboing m8, it's all just movelist memorization. The only enemies in 3 that pose a threat outside boss fights are those spider motherfuckers.
>>
>>377428320
It wasn't me the one that, when talking about movesets, derailed the discussion to ADHD as if it had anything to do with the discussion. ANd to be clear, I agree that the enemies in 1 are harder than the one is 3. But 3 plays better because the combat system has been largely improved, so it wins.
>>
>>377427358
>The game kinda plays more like a beatemup, but still has more than enough to still mix things up. You still have 3 seperate branches of sword moves, charged guns, roundtrip, stinger, high time for jugglan, fly with Alastor's DT, air raid lightning, vortex

Those are not playstyles and merely just attack moves. 3 has all of this but their all actual modes with each having several movesets
>>
File: qHMFT9q.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qHMFT9q.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>377427656
Aren't you mistaking Dead Space 2 with 3? I like to pretend 3 didn't happen actually.

>>377427971
I am in chapter 4 right now and I feel like 1 is better game than 2 but since I haven't finished it I don't want to say it out just yet.

>>377427838
But GoW 2 on titan is a complex game with some insane encounters if you want to argue about it this way (which I don't). 1 has very unique place (you are in a temple on the back of a titan) while 2 has overall better/more varied level design and interesting bosses as well. If you are a fan of hack n' slash and liked 1 you should really try out 2 because that's where the franchise shines imo.
>>
>>377428752
no one is arguing that gow hasn't any challeng in it, even 1 could be pretty punishing. but it wasn't aiming at being the new dmc. david jaffe himself explicitly said so
>>
>>377428543
But why does everything need such a sprawling movelist? Why is it that DMC1 has to be judged so harshly because 3 came along and "evolutionized" the combat system? Is there no merit to having a small, but very functional toolkit where the game is balanced specifically around that? I can still go back to this day and play something like Rising Zan, which while not exactly the best action game ever and has some genuinly clunky controls, does have it's own toolkit of special moves and shit as well. Predates DMC1 by a year, not that that really has anything to do with discussion, not even sure why I brought it up.
>>
File: wakka.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wakka.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>377428272
>literal memeing
>party of memes
>meme
>meme
>meme
>motherfucking meme actually evokes memeing
>memeing as fuck behind memeing
>memeing is memeing meme errytime while memes suck it off for being memetastic, it's literally memeing
>memes killed by shitposting before discussion gets anywhere

Hope you are proud of yourself
>>
>>377429098
>meme
You're using the word, but I don't think you understand what it means etc. etc.
>>
>>377429063
Combo video autists don't care about things like balance or enemy design, they just want as many moves as possible to make their flashy combos. This is why they worship DMC4 despite it being a bad action game by any reasonable metric.
>>
>>377429063
>But why does everything need such a sprawling movelist

A good action game should have replayability with varied movesets and modes since these games are incredibly short and the stories are usually just an excuse for the action anyways. Go and like 1 all you want but pretending it's the best action game is hilarious at this point.
>>
>>377429063
DMC is fine it what it is, but 3 improved the fighting system, not much to discuss here. the variety of options helps the replayability too
>>
>>377429050
It is very different from DmC. The combat (more in 2, 1 is all about abusing grabbing mechanic) combines weight with i-frames and skipping while DmC is just pure juggling and feels more like a beat em up. Not even baiting, the gameplay is too weeabo for me if that makes sense.
>>
File: cuhrayzee.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
cuhrayzee.webm
3MB, 500x280px
>>377429327
>DMC4
>Bad action game
Lol
>>
>>377429327
And nostalgiafags don't care about combat in a hack and slash ACTION game
>>
>>377429441
Yeah, look how much of a fight that boss is putting up. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>377429327
the only (but still huge) problem of 4 is that it's unfinished and there's barely any content to use the combat system on. take 4SE, like a guy on youtube said, it's like a house with 4 people living in it and only one bathroom
>>
File: Witcher-1-02.png (154KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher-1-02.png
154KB, 460x215px
>>377423009
The first Witcher
>>
>>377429473
COMBAT, or combos?

Combat usually implies the enemy you're fighting has the ability to actually fight back.
>>
>>377426202
>Story wise, fuck no

Yes.

CE barely had a story, and it was simple and barebones as fuck with zero depth, 3 removed any amount of nuance and turned it into generic action movie shit. ODST's was good but not as good, reach's was only a small step up from 3's.

4's was contrived emotional bullshit that butchered characters personalitiea and 5's was just litterally nothing happening.
>>
Persona 2
>>
>>377429645
I swear to god, I'd like to see a DMC with 3 fighting style and see how the enemies fare.
>>
>>377429645
>Combat usually implies the enemy you're fighting has the ability to actually fight back.

That's enemy AI, not the player combat which is much worse in 1
>>
File: sc3arcade4.jpg (611KB, 800x1083px) Image search: [Google]
sc3arcade4.jpg
611KB, 800x1083px
>>377426409
You were so close
>>
>>377429829
what's the difference? I mean, can the arcade version have all the content the home version has?
>>
File: Blacked.jpg (54KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
Blacked.jpg
54KB, 354x500px
>>377423009
Action games peaked with NG black and DMC1.
>>
File: devilhand.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
devilhand.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>377429961
Only for God Hand to blow them both the fuck out.
>>
>>377429907
Playable inferno and the game is actually balanced.

> I mean, can the arcade version have all the content the home version has?
If you mod your ps2 iso to have inferno and the balance changes it sure can
>>
>>377429961
>DMC1

Don't compare that garbage to black.
>>
>>377430026
>lol mash dodge and stun lock
No where even close to the complexity of ninja gaiden
>>
File: doom.jpg (9KB, 175x250px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
9KB, 175x250px
>>
>>377430064
I just did fag, what are you gonna do about it buddy? Call me names? Please do.
>>
>>377429441
psh nothin personnel the game
>>
I'll post an easy one
>>
>>377430118
>I haven't played the game: the post
>>
>>377430064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKNiRFhCnM
inferno doesn't look like that much of a deal, looks basically like a reskinned nightmare, but how did they balance it? I remember KIlik, the guys with the spears and basically any long ranged weapon being broken.
>>
File: sonicrush.jpg (1MB, 3266x1366px) Image search: [Google]
sonicrush.jpg
1MB, 3266x1366px
>>377430206
not when this game exists
>>
>>377430223
>I am ignoring my own video evidence
Really makes you think
>>
File: 1494793122681.jpg (186KB, 414x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494793122681.jpg
186KB, 414x576px
>kamiyafags mad as fuck

Face it, Itsuno is superior while kamiya went to take lessons from gow and make QTE garbage like bayo Itsuno put DMC on the map and then made a dragon game with better combat than what kamiya tried with that abortion scalebound.

When deep down gets shown at E3 kamiya gonna cry himself to sleep
>>
>>377430271
>game that made boost popular
>good
>>
File: devil-may-cry-2.webm (3MB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry-2.webm
3MB, 666x666px
>>377430454
>Itsuno is superior
LOL
>>
>>377430568
Dmc 2 isnt even itsunos game you retard.
>>
>>377430454
>deep down
time to let it go, anon
>>
>>377430454
>posts worst girl
>has a horrible opinion
Itsuno and Kamiya are both excellent devs with radically different but fun ideas. Only a shithole like 4chan would spend so much time creating an imaginary war between people they don't know at all. You and your ilk are playing pretend war with some faux emotional stakes like you're still 12.
>>
>>377430568
I don't know what sorcery this is, I tried standing around like that before and those fuckers still manage to hit me everytime.
>>
>>377430454
>kamiya went to take lessons from gow

I don't know what he sees in GoW. You look at his track record and it's great games until 2005 and then after that it's complete garbage.
>>
>>377430243
Alot of 3's bugs were fixed, characters were rebalanced, and Amy, Huang, and Li-Long were turned into real characters instead of create a fighter reskins.
>>
>>377423009
It's tough because in terms of gameplay I think DMC3 and DMC4 are better but DMC is the best in style, atmosphere and level design.

Being a video game I think gameplay is more important though so I'd say 3 is better. 1 is nice and self contained but when I think "I wanna play some DMC" I never follow up with "Better fire up 1!". It's more of an every once in a few years deal where I feel like playing the game from start to finish.
>>
File: 19qgT4N.png (672KB, 534x956px) Image search: [Google]
19qgT4N.png
672KB, 534x956px
>>377430654
>>
>>377430776
>Alot of 3's bugs were fixed
god I remember when I got the save file one.
almost destroyed my room
>>
File: 1494354331045.png (214KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
1494354331045.png
214KB, 600x645px
>>377430568
DMC2 isn't itsuno's fault
>>
>>377430757
>>377430568

Honestly I wouldn't put it past /v/ to use some kind of memory hack to turn off hurt detection and then pass it off as "look how bad this game I hate is!!". I mean DMC2 being shit is certainly true but I see niggers here going to insane lengths to discredit a thing they don't like all the time.
>>
>>377430857
He was brought in to salvage the project.
even kamiya says it.
Fag
>>
>>377430706
Another DMC won't happen and DD is probably done and dusted, deep down is the only plausible game to show and Itsuno said at the start of the year they're gonna show something this year
>>
>>377430816
See, I really like 1 myself and get a wild bug to replay it every so often. The thing I really like about it is that the game itself is more reactionary. You have a fair amount of moves, enemies are quick to attack, and the game can be beaten in a sitting if you want. Because of this, I sometimes beat it on normal, then move to hard within the next few days and finally DMD, if I don't rage out and give up.

If I want to replay DMC3, i'm going to suck ass at the combat itself for a while until I get the feel for the moveset again, the enemies themselves aren't really a problem up until the later difficulties. Also the game is a lot longer, so it's a little more of a commitment.
>>
>>377431265
That's why i like bloody palaces
>>
>>377431518
Man I really wish DMC4 palace was like 3's where bosses come in random order and floors are also random enemy spawns.
>>
>>377432124
Not to mention no dumbass timer, which to be fair can be modded out but still.
>>
>>377431174
of all things why the fuck do you thing fucking deep down is gonna show up? I'd be glad to see it, but it's been announced what, 5 years ago? and last time we've seen anything of it it was 2014. It's dead. get over it
>>
>>377429441
Holy fuck. That boss barely got 5 attacks out by the end of the webm, and 3/4 fags act like their games aren't casual.
>>
File: DMC5 happening.png (1MB, 2444x2140px) Image search: [Google]
DMC5 happening.png
1MB, 2444x2140px
>>377431174
>>
File: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (41KB, 320x462px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_2.jpg
41KB, 320x462px
The only good game in a shit series, and the only good version is the PS2 version; remaster sucks.
>>
>>377432348
DMC3/4 is literally just about being as much of a bully to the enemies as possible. I mean I get the appeal, but fags shouldn't be acting like it's the golden standard.
>>
File: silenthill2.jpg (54KB, 642x536px) Image search: [Google]
silenthill2.jpg
54KB, 642x536px
>>377432510
>the only good version is the PS2 version

wrong.
>>
>>377432412
I'll only believe in DMC5 when it gets announced considering last year /v/ was like 99% sure about E3 announcement or TGS announcement and then nothing happened. Nothing, except a DMC pachinko
>>
File: devil-may-cry-3.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry-3.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>377432646
>shouldn't be acting like it's the golden standard.
It kind of is though.
>>
>>377432302
>of all things why the fuck do you thing fucking deep down is gonna show up

Is the only thing they've clearly worked on and made a new engine for, they filed a second trademark this year for it so clearly there is something still happening beyond keeping the name
>>
>>377432731
Yeah, it's flashy and looks cool. Point is, those enemies don't even have the potential to fight back.
>>
>>377432510
>Silent Hill 2 fags
Not even once. It's a great game, but people you are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>377432831
I feel like DMC4 has more enemies that take more of an effort to put in juggled state and must actually be avoided while fighting.
>>
File: 1408163129246.jpg (62KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1408163129246.jpg
62KB, 563x364px
>>377432747
Holy shit if that's true it's gonna be ffxv all over again.
>>
>>377432731
Cancer
>>
>>377432679
>>377432510

I was just about to post this. Silent Hill 2 is the best in the entire series in every aspect.
>>
>>377432970
Yeah true, bring in Frosts and Blitz, which were essentially DMC1 enemies to begin with, were a step in the right direction for sure.
>>
File: Spyro_the_Dragon.jpg (29KB, 256x252px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro_the_Dragon.jpg
29KB, 256x252px
>>377425770
God-tier post right here.

Quake 1
>Moody, atmospheric levels with an emphasis on occultism and medieval architecture, mixing it slightly with lovecraftian horror, sci-fi, and religion

Quake 2+
>Completely throws everything good about the aesthetic out the window in favor of making it goofy alien sci-fi

It's such a shame. Here's my entry.

2 and 3 completely lost the charm of what made this game so mystical. Too many NPC's and Minigames to guide the player along and tell them what to do, while in 1 you were pretty much left to your own devices to explore however you want.
>>
File: cuhrayzee-2.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
cuhrayzee-2.webm
3MB, 500x280px
>>377433029
>>
>>377432946
>but people you
Go back to school
>>
>>377433220
*like you
Better now, faggot?
>>
>>377427680
this was the peak of naughty dog in general. pretty much everything they made afterwards was decent as best
>>
>>377433154
Now let's be serious. The enemies look like a complete joke but only very few players have the autism to reach that skill.
>>
>>377433152
Not with those controls, man.
>>
File: resistance3.png (569KB, 533x591px) Image search: [Google]
resistance3.png
569KB, 533x591px
>>
>>377433140
Nah, frosts are fine but blitz is a step in the wrong direction. The Blitz literally takes all of the fun out of fighting the shadow. He's without question even less likeable than complete cannon fodder enemies whereas in DMC1 the shadows were the best part of the game outside of the bosses. There's no interaction involved in the blitz, just reacting to whatever he does. What made DMC1s' enemy and boss design so interesting was that in most cases, unlike nearly every game released up to that point, the boss had to react to you just as much as you had to react to them. The only enemy that broke this trend was the final boss himself who set the pace for the entire fight.
>>
>>377433356
I feel like those posts would certainly be more interesting if it at least looked like the enemies were at least actively fighting however. This is why the whole "muh sanbag" meme exists.
>>
>>377433281
>Low- tier, repugnant insults befitting of Paleogene intellects incapable of more avant garde shitposting.
I understand your are autistic, but have some self-respect and get better comebacks, son.
>>
File: devil-may-cry-reboot.webm (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry-reboot.webm
3MB, 512x288px
>>377433616
At the very least what's going on in the webms I posted for 3 and 4 is taking some mechanical skill, DmC on the other hand.
>>
>>377433758
>I understand your are autistic
Go back to school, faggot.
>>
>>377433758
*you are
Well fuck me
>>
>>377433851
>Go back to school, faggot.
>Normie retorts continue
>>
File: smb.jpg (83KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
smb.jpg
83KB, 640x440px
>>
>>377434008
Of course. Just wait until someone posts 4 character Melee and let the shitflinging commence.
>>
>>377433994
Just posting the irony of grilling someone over a typo then proceeding to fuck up yourself. The exact same reply is deserved.
>>
File: DMC4 'combat'.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DMC4 'combat'.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377433840
DMC4 isn't much better.
>>
>>377433840
Technically, what exactly is stopping you from doing this in any other DMC? >>377434383
kinda beat me to it.
>>
>>377429441

Now post the Devil May FUCK YOU webm where the player gets a SSS just by unleashing a charged attack.
>>
>>377434383
What's even going on here?
>>
>>377434485
1 and 3 are fine
>>
>>377434779
The charge its multiple times instead of just one i think.
>>
>>377434779
Rising dragon/Shoryuken or whatever the fuck that move is with Devil Trigger distortion does massive damage.
>>
>>377425770

I loved quake one. First game my father introduced me to (he being 40+), used to terrify me as a kid.

What was the deal with the hidden nightmare portal? Did it change anything? Tried it a bunch of times but never felt a difference
>>
>>377427570

Ahahahahaha

Wait.

> God of War (2) is better than 100% of the genre

Hahahahahahaha, what a faggot.
>>
>>377434485
You can't abuse Griffon, Nightmare, or Mundus like that. You can lock Nelo Angelo the fuck down just as efficiently with Ifrit and the grenade launcher but it takes quite a bit more skill than that and no one even knew it was possible until 3 or 4 had already been released.
>>
>it's a Soulsfags pretend to like DMC series thread
>>
>>377435494
Triggered ? Go back to your donguri circlejerk kid
>>
>>377424485
Demon's Souls is the entry game you faggot and is a lot better than Dark Souls.
>>
File: gta3.jpg (78KB, 280x362px) Image search: [Google]
gta3.jpg
78KB, 280x362px
>>
File: nigga wut.png (316KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
nigga wut.png
316KB, 475x352px
>>377435593
huh
>>
>>377435847
the gow devs said they wish they could make a game as good as dmc
>>
>>377427680

True dat. Stupid the series had an identity crisis right after and decided to be a shitty GTA clone
>>
>>377435847

> triggered
> guy is laughing at his sorry ass

Anon are you retarded?
>>
File: maxresdefault-49.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-49.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>377435870
>Still no boss better than this one
DeSII when?
>>
>>377435994
I liked GTA best when it was just a batshit crazy parody, it's hard for me to really explain. Something about 4 & 5 just never feel right to me in comparison.
>>
>>377436204
You seem triggered
>>
>>377436256
That was the asshole that sucked away your soul levels, right? What a dick.
>>
File: 1494853326596.jpg (26KB, 315x365px) Image search: [Google]
1494853326596.jpg
26KB, 315x365px
>>377429428
>the gameplay is too weeabo for me
>>
File: 1337302018239.png (153KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1337302018239.png
153KB, 300x300px
>>377434485
Cerberus will fuck you up for trying to rush himwithout thinking.
Nevan will put on a trillion of bats and make you her boytoy.
Vergil in 3 is also very unforgiving.

Bosses in DMC3 are much harder than those in DMC4, and the last boss of DMC4 won't let you do that >>377433840 (the guy getting beat up in the reboot video is the final boss).
>>
>>377436267
I liked Vice City because the UI looked cool. It's also the only one I played.
>>
File: aphrodite.jpg (255KB, 827x465px) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite.jpg
255KB, 827x465px
>>377435494
Enjoy your edgy sandbag weeb tier shit

>>377436356
It is though, see >>377432731
>>
What was /cgg/ like? Any archives?
>>
>>377436517
People shit on god of war and I can understand to an extent I guess, but it does get that impactful, meaty feel of the combat right. I like most action games in general though, so fuck me.
>>
>>377436517
Kratos's chainblades, flashing weapons and constant brooding about the past are anime as hell
>>
File: 1490366118443.png (371KB, 650x560px) Image search: [Google]
1490366118443.png
371KB, 650x560px
>>377436517
>edgy sandbag weeb tier shit
???
>>
>>377436985
In a cool Berserk-esque way. DMC is deviantart Sephiroth *teleports behind you* weebshit
>>
>>377437140
>DMC is deviantart Sephiroth *teleports behind you* weebshit
3 & 4, sure. Not 1 however.
>>
>>377437283
>I SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT
I like the game but come on.
>>
File: Behelit.png (54KB, 130x168px) Image search: [Google]
Behelit.png
54KB, 130x168px
>>377437579
That was the true kino moment in vidya.
>>
>>377437140
This makes me curious, how do you feel about ninja gaiden? I mean aside from that gay skintight leather ryu wears black is really heavy in 80s and 90s anime ova aesthetics.
>>
File: 1485712795886.jpg (16KB, 480x418px) Image search: [Google]
1485712795886.jpg
16KB, 480x418px
What's with the DMC 3 bashing?
Everyone was fine and dandy agreeing that DMC 1 and 3 are good games on their own rights.
And now just because some people doesn't like DMC 1, some guy goes out of their way to shit DMC 3 in every they can and treat the first game like it's the second coming of Jesus.
What happened to the comfy DMC threads? every single time it's shit like this in these threads.
>>
>>377437980
Dont worry, I'm sure once dmc5 gets announced everyone can strt hating that instead.
>>
File: Dominique Tereshkova.png (89KB, 246x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dominique Tereshkova.png
89KB, 246x350px
>>377437980
It'll all be fine when/if we get a new DMC. Until then, I do what I want until fags learn to appreciate the classics.
>>
>>377437980
It's pretty simple. DMC1 fans have gone fully into "it's the children that are wrong" territory.
>>
>>377436517
>calls anime edgy
>as if the whole point of gow isn't being edgy
>>
>>377438217
>it's the children that are wrong
Couldn't have said it better myself. DMC1 requires a more refined taste. DMC3 is literally entry level, kids just don't understand.
>>
File: SR2.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
SR2.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
Easy
>>
dmcfags getting blown the fuck out
>>
>>377438362
>You live long enough to see DMC have a more cancerous fanbase than Souls and Drakengard
>>
File: 1465658430224.png (87KB, 409x685px) Image search: [Google]
1465658430224.png
87KB, 409x685px
>>377437140
Teleporting enemies help you to be on your toes. The most "weeb" thing about DMC3 is Vergil's designand fighting style but he is a pretty cool guy, even if he is an asshole. The tower and its inhabitants are pretty great. And I wouldn't call DMC3 enemies sandbags, bosses are unforgiving (most of them), and many of the regular ones are assholes.

I don't know what's your problem with games being "Japanese"though. Onimusha is very "YOOOOOOOOOOOH" but it's still pretty gritty and atmospheric without being set in the Medieval Europe. And it has one enemy who like to teleport behind you.
>>
>>377438539
God I hope so, i'm tired of all this DMC3 fanwanking myself. The only reason DMC threads were bearable in the past is because we were all united in our hate for the DmC circlejerk.
>>
>>377438714
god you're obnoxious
>>
>>377438668
>Teleporting enemies
I don't think that was what the guy was getting at. All these DMC webms are literally dante/vergil teleporting all over the place at the speed of sound. Pretty sure that's it.
>>
>>377438217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVddGSTjEd0
>>
File: on-the-list.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
on-the-list.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>377438714
>hate for the DmC circlejerk.
Reminder that DmC is unironically the best western action game.
>>
File: 1428329043859.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1428329043859.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>377426409
>SoulCalibur III
>Started the slow-as-fuck pace gameplay which cancer the rest of the series onwards.
>Save Data Corruptions.
>B-b-but you can create your own characters tho!
>>
>>377438854
>I want muh DMC3/4 hugbox back
Stop replying to me.
>>
>>377438993
you're not even that wrong
>>
>>377438993
GoW
GoW 2
GoW 3
>>
File: Yakuza 0.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza 0.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Shining Force
Yakuza 2 or 0
No More Heroes
Demon's Souls(Bloodborne is just the justified purchase game)
Saints Row 2
Diablo II
Zombie Master is better than Zombie Panic
Garry's mod 10
Blood Bowl 2 is better than 1
Morrowind
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Fallout 2
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising or Dark Crusade has the best SP campaign
Shadow Warrior's Reboot is better than the original game and 2
Payday 1
Magicka
Hotline Miami
MGS1 or in terms of gameplay 4
Monday Night Combat is better than that garbage SMNC
Sanctum
Max Payne 3
Dead Space and Dead Space 2 is really a toss-up on how much I enjoyed them
Half Life Blueshift or Opposing Force
Bioshock
Metroid Fusion or SM is the best 2d
Metroid Prime is the best 3d
Terror From the Deep
FFVIII
Deus Ex
Dead Rising
Mount and Blade Warband
>>
File: 1425342412693.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425342412693.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>377438993
I don't think that was ever really argued in the first place, and besides, DMC3babbies' lord and savior Itsuno still helped with the combat.
>>
>>377427680
As great as II is, I really can't deny this.
>>
>>377439383
>Demon's Souls
>Zombie Master
>Morrowind
>MGS1 or in terms of gameplay 4
>Max Payne 3
My nigger.
>RSV2
Wrong here though, raven shield is the best. The original vegas was better than 2.
>>
>>377438234
>>377436985
GoW is angry with mad combat that has weight and brutality to it. DmC is edgy nothin personnel kid tier. I am not saying the story of GoW is good. This anon >>377437140 got it right.

Sadly anime in general is edgy trash for people who are mentally stuck and refuse to grow up. The only exception is Ghost in the Shell (1995), Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.
>>
File: 1469321263046.jpg (45KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1469321263046.jpg
45KB, 728x546px
>>377438893
I honestly don't see much enjoyment in playing Vergil anyway, the guy is playable and he is cool, but guess what? He only gets a few unique weapons and then gets thrown into the same campaign with barely any new content.

>Dante
In DMC3 if you pick Trickster you misson new moves with your melee weapons you get as a Swordmaster. The game gives you 4 unique playstyles and it's your choice if you want to start teleporting around.

As for all webms, I am not so hardcore to go around changing styles as Dante in 4 on the fly so whatever.
>>
>>377423009
Dumb Kamemefag, 3 shits all over it.
>>
>>377432731
Jesus Christ, my hands are hurting just from watching this.
>>
>>377438993
>muh sandbag
>>
>>377439383
>FFVIII
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377439645
Dude what? Princess Mononoke is literally inches away from going full pssh.
>>
File: fuck outta my face.png (342KB, 465x478px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta my face.png
342KB, 465x478px
>>377439739
blocked.
>>
>>377439635
I meant in terms of Rainbow Six Vegas not in whole
>>
>>377425770
This is my favorite fps and it still pains me knowing howthere will never be another fps even remotely similar
>>
File: amused.gif (4MB, 409x295px) Image search: [Google]
amused.gif
4MB, 409x295px
>>377439897
That's like saying Frodo teleports behind you.
>>
>>377439645
DmC is a western game. Other DMC games aren't even edgy. God of War is really edgy compared to them and it's both personnel and nothin personnel.

>The only exception is Ghost in the Shell (1995), Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away
Now you are just being silly.
>>
File: Legend_of_Mana_Logo.png (59KB, 350x151px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Mana_Logo.png
59KB, 350x151px
This is an easy one, not that the other entries aren't great but this one is an easy best.
>>
File: Drew_Coombs.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Drew_Coombs.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>>377423009
Best respective Dante too. I never exactly felt that Reuben owned the role of Dante, especially not with how cringy Dante was in 3. 4 was a definite improvement though. Dan Southworth however, he definitely made Vergil his own.

>inb4 LIIIIIGGGGGHHHTTT
Most expressive Dante by far.
>>
File: 91iAqB4pB5L.png (740KB, 1024x500px) Image search: [Google]
91iAqB4pB5L.png
740KB, 1024x500px
It all went downhill after Season 1.
>>
>>377440818
>I SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT
>Good
>>
File: i-it's only the rain haha.png (524KB, 800x325px) Image search: [Google]
i-it's only the rain haha.png
524KB, 800x325px
>>377440818
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
At the moment.
>>
>>377440934
>>377440964
Also
>And now, my soul is saying that itwantstostopyou!
>good
>>
>>377440818
Why are you pretending to be another poster DMC1fag? We all know it's just you. I don't even frequent dmc threads and smell you out by your tattletale mannerisms.
>>
>>377441036
This.
I unironically think Minish Cap is the second best 2D game behind ALttP though.
>>
Is there any way to get an xbox360 pad completely working with PC DMC3? I remember finding a fix online but it was incomplete, one of the shoulder buttons wouldn't work correctly even with it.
>>
>>377441197
Style switcher mod fixes most issues with the port by default, controller issues included. If style switching trips your autism, you can disable it in the .ini as well.
>>
>>377432510
3 > 4 > 2 > 1
>>
I liked Overlord II but I felt that the only thing it had over the first game was that you get a harem instead of being forced to choose a single Mistress.

>>377441051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pll49t9OjO8
>>
>>377423009
>imagine being this contrarian
>>
Eyy, let's go guys.
>>
>>377441998
>Imagine your taste in vidya beginning and ending only with what's /v/-approved
>>
File: Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_2_cover.png (122KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_2_cover.png
122KB, 250x248px
>>377442075
Whoops, posted wrong pic.
>>
>Action games with good combat systems where the enemies actually pose a threat are dead
Why even live, bros?
>>
File: wonderful-101.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wonderful-101.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>377442310
Lol?
>>
>>377442310
god you're still obnoxious
>>
>>377442212

Nah bro, you don't do that to my post. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 was goat.
>>
File: 1491499848059.png (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491499848059.png
17KB, 500x500px
>>377430307
I'll bite.
In this fight, especially on DIE level, azel will react to fucking ANYTHING you do, whiff a guard break, hit his guard, any wrong move and he'll counterattack INSTANTLY, which you must react to instantly as well or you're gonna get wrecked, clearly you haven't played the game if you think God Hand is just dodge and stunlock, especially azel who's really hard to stunlock if it's even entirely possible
>>
>>377442531
Can't take credit there m8, and I said stop replying towards me fag.
>>
Which is the best Monster Hunter to play that does not require internet to be fun?
>>
File: CoolCat_Mad.png (212KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
CoolCat_Mad.png
212KB, 900x500px
>>377440824
It wall went downhill after it was announced
>>
>>377442569
>There will never be a boss fight as good as Azel again
Why live?
>>
>>377442531
It's my first post in the thread. I just want another game like NG2, but it's never going to happen. I'll settle for DMC5, if it ever gets announced.
>>
File: Ninja-Gaiden-II.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Gaiden-II.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>377442941
>>
>>377442941
>DMC5
>Aggressive enemies
We could only hope that would be the case, but considering the franchise is all about empowerment overall smalltime enemies, that's kinda doubtful.
>>
>>377443071
Honestly, my only issue is that the shurikens exploded on impact. And Chapter 9 being shit. I loved everything else about it.
>>
>>377443189
No, I know it won't have them. I meant that I'll settle with that because that's as good as it will get for me for good combat. My problem with DMC (3 and 4 at least) is that while it has a very high skill ceiling, it's kind of pointless when most enemies are little shits that can't do anything against you. The idea of a single enemy being able to fuck me up is what I liked about NG2, you need to really get good at it to stop them from fucking you up. That moment where I was able to style enemies on MNM is great, because it's hard to get to that point from being a faggot that abuses 2-3 techniques to get through MNM.
>>
>>377429441
Reminds me of Witcher 3. Which isn't bad, but it doesn't look difficult. It just looks cool
>>
File: witcher-combat-1.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-combat-1.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>377443571
>Which isn't bad
Witcher 3 is pretty bad.
>>
>>377443656
wtf is that skull knight?
>>
>>377424534
I started with DMC1 and played all of them. 3 is still the best. Fuck off hipster.
>>
File: Regards.png (226KB, 402x345px) Image search: [Google]
Regards.png
226KB, 402x345px
>>377444051
Hey thanks for telling me exactly why it's the best. I really saw the error of my ways.
>>
>>377433152

I agree. Two isnt far behind and it gets extra points for having bosses that were more than just holding down the charge button and dodging shit. The mini games and shitty side characters are out of control in three, though.
>>
>>377437980
Its mostly mid level fans trying to play 'my game is better than yours' card. The spectrum of the holy trinity goes like this:

>dmc
>high skill ceiling combos, lots of player freedom to do so.
>low enemy aggression resulting in a lower skill ceiling in term of enemy encounters

>ng
>low combat skill ceiling in terms of combos.
>high enemy aggression leading to high skill ceiling in terms of encounter design

>bayo
>middle ground between the two, deeper than ng but not as deep as dmc
>not as nail biting as ng but grace and glory encounters on nsic beat anything from dmc in terms of encounter design

Just choose the one you like best, with the unsung king being god hand but no one really plays it.
>>
>>377443656
kek berserk is everywhere these days.
>>
File: redpilled wakka.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
redpilled wakka.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377428272
the game is good, plus it gave us John DiMaggio playing a racist Hawaiian.
>>
File: 5-1430089390258.jpg (1MB, 2356x3284px) Image search: [Google]
5-1430089390258.jpg
1MB, 2356x3284px
>>377444670
I really like godhand but I'm terrible at DIE mode, can't even beat Elvis.
>>
>>377444713
It's my second favorite.
>>377444874
Did you try Dragon Kicking his ass into the Milky Way? Seriously it does 3/4 of his health.
>>
>>377445271
I Think it just does 1/3 at most. Hold on, I'll try i now.
>>
>>377439645

What about Akira, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro and Cowboy Bebop? Of these I can only imagine the first two being possibly edgy.
>>
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
Get lost you plebians
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>377446451
Out of those only Cowboy Bebop (I can imagine main character) and Akira (heard only name) sounds familiar but I assume they are pretty famous series.
>>
File: yes.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>377444713
>boom like happy festival fireworks ya?
>>
>>377447345
>Better dead than Al Bhed
How the fuck did Square get away with that?
>>
>>377424534
You're basically completely correct, this type of actual patrician taste is rare to see on /v/
>>
>>377423236
It's 3
>>377423530
Yep. KH 2 is mash X and triangle to win, everything else is stupid handheld shit that disappeared up its own asshole with canon maintenance

>>377423872
Agree as well

>>377425770
Yep

>>377426780
Duh
>>377426581
Holy fucking shit dude

>>377427656
The original version with low poly graphics and the porn actors is better

>>377428272
That's a pretty autistic list for a game you don't even like
>>377444713
BRUDDA
>>
>>377448823
>It's 3
It's 2.
>>
File: 1446690353621.jpg (201KB, 1020x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1446690353621.jpg
201KB, 1020x1125px
>>377423530
>>
>>377448978
While I respect that opinion, you have to concede that shit like the calls from Rose every five steps or the swimming section is just atrocious to play

My nigga Weidman/Bunnyhop did a pretty good video about how MGS3 still has pomo content even if its actually not tedious to play
>>
>>377449494
>swimming section is just atrocious to play
Not to mention it's an escort mission on top of that, what were they thinking?
>>
>>377433594
I liked how the devs brought back the standard health system and how the enemies feel crunchier compared to those in R2.

Shame about the lack of multiplayer now. I really enjoyed it
>>
File: dragon-quest-5.jpg (2MB, 1517x2100px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-quest-5.jpg
2MB, 1517x2100px
>>
>>377438447
I NEED A GANGSTA BITCH
>>
>>377439383
>Max Payne 3

I'm surprised you can't received more replies but I do have to agree
>>
File: Dante Viewtiful.png (298KB, 365x469px) Image search: [Google]
Dante Viewtiful.png
298KB, 365x469px
>>377448542
Thanks my nigga, the only positive reply i'll ever receive on this shithole.
>>
File: The_Urbz_NDS_front.jpg (67KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
The_Urbz_NDS_front.jpg
67KB, 640x568px
>>
>>377451248
something makes DMC1's Dante so easy on the eyes
is it the black sleeves?
>>
>>377451650
I think most people agree his design in 1 was the best.
>>
>>377451650
It's not as wild as the others.
even a huge DMC3 babby like me can tell that he's got the best look out of the 4 designs.
>>
>>377451804
2 looks arguably better but the game's shit
>>
File: Alastor.jpg (89KB, 767x968px) Image search: [Google]
Alastor.jpg
89KB, 767x968px
Alastor or Rebellion? Pic related for me. I honestly never really felt a spooky skeleton claymore fit Dante overall.
>>
>>377452491
If it was any other game I'd probably say Alastor.
But Idunno, Rebellion just feels "Dante" to me.
>>
>>377452491
Alastor is a little too goofy for me.
>>
>>377425251
>3
>the game that starts in one of the ugliest first levels ever made for a game
>the game that has a shit boss rush in the middle of it
>the game that is just 2 but less shit
Nah. The original is a classic, while 3 is a "good try"
>>
>>377452491
Rebellion
it's phallic as fuck
>>
File: Dante concept4.jpg (736KB, 1327x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Dante concept4.jpg
736KB, 1327x1005px
>>377452654
I've got your goofy right here.
>>
>>377452716
>>the game that has a shit boss rush in the middle of it
>while 1 had you fight every boss 2-3 times
>while 1 had a boss that makes you fight other bosses, that you also have to fight 3 times
wew
>>
File: Ratchet_and_Clank_All_4_One.png (263KB, 300x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet_and_Clank_All_4_One.png
263KB, 300x346px
Nuff said
>>
File: 1231.jpg (515KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1231.jpg
515KB, 1280x720px
>>377453036
>>
File: Death Scissors.jpg (84KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
Death Scissors.jpg
84KB, 900x850px
*Blocks your path*

https://youtu.be/pz7U9Ga5v5Y
>>
>>377452937
The difference is that the bosses in the first game are fun, and usually take you to different places, so it feels more connected to the world. In 3 it's just go fuck yourself here's a boss rush.
>>
>>377423009
I played a bit of both DMC1 and 3 just a few days ago for the first time, and it really doesn't take long to see that DMC3 is absolutely better. It just feels better. They're both great games, but DMC3 is objectively better.
>>
>>377453275
>Phantom
>Fun
>>
>>377453275
Still massive padding, different locales are not a valid excuse
>>
File: Final Fantasy XV.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy XV.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
>>377423009
>>
>>377453502
>massive padding
>In an action game
wew lads. Bosses in these games serve to show how you've gotten better through the course of the game, learning their patterns and all that good shit. DMC1 was the first, so that's entirely excusable considering what we ended up with. Also, it wasn't a fucking gauntlet, the game gives you breaks in between each of those bosses, and Nightmare's boss variants are versions with significantly less health.
>>
>>377453502
Fuck off retard. 3 has you go back to the same fucking boss areas where you originally fought them, and you fight almost every boss again. Do you not understand how awful that is? Nothing in 1 is even close to that in terms of making the player suffer through the same fucking thing again.
>>
File: FFXV-vs-Sonic06.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-vs-Sonic06.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>377453647
>>
>>377453874
Not to mention everytime a boss does show up again, they have new moves up their sleeve. It's not just the same shit, more health/damage. You still have to adapt to something.
>>
>>377454198
This was lowkey what made the DMC bosses great

DMC3 had stronger bosses overall for sure, but when they just get thrown at you again sas anything to make them interesting it detracted from them a bit

Even if they were still godlike it made you want something a little different
>>
>>377423009

FF IX remains the best FF, Onimusha 3 remains the best Onimusha and Soul Reaver is still the best Legacy of Kain game.
>>
File: sweet dreams.png (100KB, 510x366px) Image search: [Google]
sweet dreams.png
100KB, 510x366px
>>377453285
You're not a man until you beat at least hard mode. You'll cowards would never make it in DMD.
>>
>>377453285
I actually just played both recently and feel the opposite. Almost immediately my interest was captured in the setting in 1, whereas the beginning of 3 puts me to sleep, the first room battle and the streets and corridors of the Bull's Eye club seem ugly and uninspired.
>>
>>377453941
differences being sonic 06 had hype ass final boss music
>>
>>377423009

FUCK YOU!

DmC was SO cash.
>>
>>377454886
>>377433840
>>
File: DMC-Castle-concept02.jpg (128KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
DMC-Castle-concept02.jpg
128KB, 900x650px
>>377454709
>Almost immediately my interest was captured in the setting in 1
That's because it's basically the 3D castlevania we deserved.
>>
>>377454886
Log off Tameem
>>
>>377429512
>>377432348
>high skill ceiling is a bad thing

you're retarded honestly, if a game doesn't have enough skill ceiling to let a skilled player kick some serious ass it's not worth my time. hence why DMC1 will remain poorly aged.
>>
>>377456607
Sure, it has a high skill ceiling, but what exactly are you gonna use that for???? Enemies remain a joke regardless.
>>
File: ps2_10.jpg (1MB, 1544x2149px) Image search: [Google]
ps2_10.jpg
1MB, 1544x2149px
>>377423009
>>
>>377429659
>2's story is better than CE's
Get some taste.

https://electriccartilage.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/1100/
>>
>>377427808

This about KH.

>>377423872

Wrong. FF IX is best FF. It has the best main cast. Zidane is not a whiny emo with a traumatic past. He is a thieve and a ladies man, kind of like Balthier but with no dick.

Steiner conflict understanding duty and honor was remarkable well written. Vivi existentialist conflict and his way to grow and accept death is terrific and Garnet journey to become a queen is great as well. Sure, some characters are filler but every FF has those... except XV.

Plus, the art of IX, the music, the graphics, chocobo's hot&cold. It's the most fun a FF has ever been and i love triple triad and blitzball... but both VIII and X have also tons of insufferable side quests.
>>
>>377423845
This fucker used to scare the shit outta me when i was little
>>
>>377426780
I liked 1st one the most.
>>
>>377457336
I find 4 to be the best overall, but 0 is a close second for me.
>>
>>377457961
Then you remember that each character takes five minutes to take his turn.
>>
>>377429669
Which one?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.