[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... My source inside Bungie says Sony is to blame for the pc delay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

Yep that's right. Sony is delaying the pc version. Basically basically they are dropping serious coin in the hopes that the delay will keep the PS4 as the main platform the community plays destiny on. They are concerned that streamers, youtubers and the more serious players will jump ship for the higher fps and better quality streams and YouTube videos.

The pc version will apparently be the superior destiny experience and Sony wants to keep themselves at the top until the next PlayStation iteration drops around the time D3 is expected. Pc gamers. You have Sony to thank.
>>
>>377406092

Makes since, KoF14 is basically a year late on PC.

So that means Final Fantasy XII will be on PC in 2018. Fucking Sony.
>>
Most people who play are already planning on switching, even PS players with a potato computer. Look at /dg/. Son's exclusives won't be enough to keep people in and the D2 delay won't last until D3/PS5.
>>
>>377406092
>giving a shit about destiny
gtfo normie
>>
My toaster can barely run FFXIV. Probably no way it can run D2
>>
make a good console if you don't want people to switch then
>>
but didn't they say, just yesterday, that it's going to be same day?
>>
many streamer will play for that time on ps4 then jump as soon as it releases on pc
>>
>>377406442
no they don't know when it will be
>>
>>377406092
well what wrong exactly ? every big games has a preferred platform
>>
lol. Let them try and delay the inevitable. Even Xbox will be a better platform to play on than PS4 due to Scorpio come D2 release. Sony can fuck off.
>>
>>377406092
I know this is b8 but this wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true. Sony is full of snakes. And besides, Scorpio will have the definitive console version.
>>
>>377406092
>implying i'd buy a first person shooter on a console and play at 30FPS with a controller
The delay can be months for their sake, I still wouldn't buy it on a fucking console.
>>
>>377406514
>well what wrong exactly ?

Sony being anti-consumer shit bags as usual.
>>
>>377406450
>>377406554
games last longer and have a bigger communities on console sadly
>>
But my uncle works at Bungie and he said it's because PC version is much more difficult to get done due to all system variances never was Sony mentioned
>>
>>377406690
Sure the communities are bigger but they don't last at all. Game communities last longer on PC.
>>
>>377406092
>my source inside bungie
kek
also literally who gives a shit about Destiny? And why are you on /v/ if you do?
>>
>>377406662
it's more or less the standard of the industry
every games has 2weeks exclusive dlc on either the ps4 or xbox
and for absolutely no reason
and maybe it will end up producing a better pc port
since they're been quite underwhelming recently
>>
>>377406831
>and for absolutely no reason

They strike a deal with them. Maybe they pay them money for it, or maybe they take less of a cut off their online sales and maybe they run advertising for them.

It isn't for no reason, it's because there is a mutually beneficial relationship -- Sony wants people to think of Destiny as a PS4 game first and a Xbone game second, but now they have to compete with PC which has a stronger presence in the gaming eye because of streamers and what not. if they can get the game delayed for a few weeks, or a month or two, it might be enough for them to push some more PS4 sales.
>>
>>377406092
Nolan North sounds so fucking bored in the new trailer.
>>
File: sad.jpg (33KB, 586x192px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
33KB, 586x192px
>>377406767
anon,i....
>>
>>377406813
>i don't personally know anyone who enjoys Destiny
>therefore
>no one enjoys Destiny

get a load of smart guy over here
>>
>>377407061
yeah of course they have a deal
i meant there is nothing who physically prevent them from doing so
and that just good business
>>
>My source inside Bungie

Fuck off
What makes you think if that were the case, they wouldn't be delaying the Xbone version too
>>
>>377407143
Where's the long term figures? If PC daily players has gone from 20k to 10k in BF4, that's better player retention than if the PS4 community went from 50k to 20k in that same amount of time
>>
>>377407519
i think that need more research but i won't do it because i'm going to play the surge
i don't even know if all the data is accessible
but the casual players on PC tend to switch games way more easily than on consoles from my experiences
>>
>>377406690

oh yeah cause Overwatch is really got a thriving pro scene on console. This is exactly why they paired it with Battlenet, cause it will last
>>
people who use a mouse for shooters are cancer
>>
>>377409093
people who shoot in shooters are cancer.
>>
>>377406092
So?

Feelin' salty you little bitch?
>>
>>377406092
Sony is also to blame for no Ape Escape 4
>>
>muh sources
>>
>>377409143
Go back to your Mario games.
>>
>>377408428
>>377406690
>>377407143
Games on PC last effectively forever, even if it dwindles down to a few hundred people many years after release. The only thing that will kill them are if the game required a dedicated master server and it goes down (and even in those cases, quite a lot of games' communities will develop a custom master server or emulator to revive the game for the few hundred people).
Games, especially shooters on console has their playerbase crippled as soon as a sequel comes out (next year) and die completely once the console/service it's on is discontinued, and they get taken down rather quickly.

Fighters on PC die quickly just because there's never been a big attach rate on PC for fighters.
This mostly has to do with fighting games having re-re-re-re-releases on consoles that the fighting game players all quickly jump to in order to keep up.
The only fighting game that has a chance at lasting at all (console or PC) is a cross-platform fighter that doesn't do iterative version purchases like SFV, or a fighter that is the very last final ultra turbo X edition of its kind.

Multiplayer console games only really compete against the games that just came out recently.
PC is a platform where every game has to compete with every other game that has been released EVER. Player counts for individual games are smaller on PC because PC has decades of games available and the people are spread across all of them.
>>
>>377406092
Ok.
>>
>Sony's flagship title is losing exclusivity
Is this why there was a thread yesterday complaining about the character in the OP pic being "reddit" and "random"?
>>
>>377407508
Oh anon. No one has an Xbox One.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.