[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey is harder than Biosh-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Rosie fight.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rosie fight.webm
3MB, 853x480px
Prey is harder than Biosh-
>>
>>377405179
Does someone think Bioshock/Prey combat is hard? The difficulty comes from managing your ammo, not killing enemies with em
>>
>>377405179
..and then you res, go back, and continue the fight.
>>
>>377405557
They heal themselves to full health on all difficulties but easy.
>>
>>377405179
Wow, circlestrafing! Very hard!
>>
File: 1412842971742.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1412842971742.gif
3MB, 350x280px
>>377405179
You got fucked up but I gotta admit that telekinesis catch was cool to watch.
>>
>>377405179
I still think Bioshock 2 had great combat. Preparing to fight a Big Sister and just barely surviving through clever use of tactics and powers felt amazing.

Then we get Bioshock Infinite where gameplay is unsatisfying as fuck. I literally killed myself to get more ammo because the game is designed like shit and the big patriot robots or whatever were shit
>>
>>377405179
When did this awful combat become the status quo? This shit would never slide as an enemy type in Duke3d or some shit.
>>
>>377405179
>bullet sponges implying difficulty
>is literally artificial difficulty, meant to be mo re tedious than actually challenging
>>
>>377405179
>Projectiles that you cannot dodge
>literally damage that you cannot avoid
>fighting Rosies comes down to managing the damage tax you will be taking more than anything else

If anything, Rosie rivetguns being hitscan was fucking terrible design.
>>
>>377407663
The ROF is slow and consistent, they fire at you even behind cover, all you need to do is put an object between the two of you and pop out between shots.
>>
Then you get the grenade launcher, stick a bunch of proximity mines on something and throw it at the daddy.
>>
jesus fucking christ I've never seen arkanebots get BTFO this hard
>>
Prey is not hard. Well, maybe because I went full psychic. Even the Nightmares are a joke really. But still fun as fuck. Phantom Genesis is the most fun I've had in a while
>>
>>377405179
>our enemies can tank hundreds of machine-gun rounds because of sea slug magic
Why did people like this game again?
>>
>>377407514
>every enemy should die in two hits
>>
>>377405179
bioshock plays like a half-assed 2003 shooter, its a shitty overrated game
>>
>>377407514
>>377407663
This is game where you can set up traps in multiple ways. You guys need to not blame a game every time you suck at it. People like you two are hwy games are so casual. Your egos won't let you just admit that you failed at a game so you blame the game. Enough people doing that has caused games to become easy as fuck.
>>
>>377408084
With that logic why play anything but COD?
>>
lol just fucking one-two punch it to death
>>
>>377408145
(You)
>>
File: Battlelord.png (9KB, 228x246px) Image search: [Google]
Battlelord.png
9KB, 228x246px
>>377407437
>This shit would never slide as an enemy type in Duke3d
Duke literally has a bullet sponge hitscan enemy that lobs explosives.
>>
>>377408085
>>377408218
Guns should have some impact to them. I don't mind if the daddies are tough but even common splicers are like this. My personal favorite single-player FPS is Stalker so don't act like CoD is the only other option.
>>
>have great combat mechanics
>have great setting
>make a second game using them, but make it a carbon copy of the first
>make a third game, throw out all the good elements and just make a linear cawadoody shooter
Where did it all go so fucking wrong?
>>
>>377408259
>big daddies
>stun

fucking kek m8ty they get a free shot out of stun
>>
>>377405179
Well of course you're going to die when you don't use your Armour piercing bullets
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.