[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shilling on V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Can someone tell me why on this board if someone post a game, and someone says it is good, than that person will be called shill? Why on this VIDEOGAME board it is so hard to people to belive, some people likes the game they don't? For example if someone post a blizzard game, they will be called shills for liking "nu-blizzard". If you post Mobas you are a shill for them if you like them. What is the mentaility behind this?
>>
>>377404806
Because you faggots will give them attention and respond to them enabling them to shit on it more.
>>
dumb thread
don't post
lurk moar
>>
it's shitposting/bait, just like this thread
>>
>>377404806
t. the shill
>>
because an anonymous imageboard is the dream platform for "social marketing", there's no accountability
also because it's proven that money is spent to advertise here (various event stickies over the years, notably the assassin's creed one)
>>
It's a meme you dip.
>>
>>377404906
Im here for 3 years now faggot.
>377405096
Well, if this really is, this is one of the most retarded "Le funny meme XD" ever created, nexto to the "cute doge XDXDXD" meme.
>>
People here want to feel themselves as an elite secret club of gamers, and they want to believe that pr teams and developers want to appeal to these real gamer guys on v. Pathetic.
>>
only shills have positive opinions on soon-to-be released games. actual /v/ posters hate everything. even if they like it
>>
>>377407146
>am I fit in yet guys xD
>>
>>377404806
That's because there are actual shills on /v/ (and not only /v/ for that matter, but dozens of social media websites), and they've been discovered numerous times. Quickly it became a meme.
It's a standard marketing procedure, though. Showing off your product on a popular social media websites like facebook, reddit, 9gag, or 4chan.
An example? Minecraft. Notch shilled the fuck out it here.
>>
>>377409329
The thing is, it's not completely horrible for a studio to promote their game as long as it's done in an appropriate way. The problem is that there's a difference between "This game just came out, let's talk about it" and "Check out this early access title that's going into open alpha in 4 months. It's going to be the best game ever made and totally isn't a scam"
>>
>>377409329
Notch got popular not because of 4chan though. Normies just liked his game (they discovered it on indie db first, if I'm not mistaken). When he visited 4chan he wasn't that popular and used 4chan as a playground for playtesters, that's it.
>>
>>377409612
Marketing has always been like that. Get used to it, it'll only get worse.
I can only give a usual advice - never preorder, always rate a game with your wallet.
>>
>Baltika 9 for healing
Good taste. Make that game already.
>>
>>377404806
Would definitely play the Slav Souls: Prepare to Cyka in pic
>>
>>377404806
Blizzard titles and Mobas belong on /vg/.
>>
>>377404806
Sometimes posts really do read like marketing copy, at least that's the only time I call someone a shill.
>>
>>377410491
With that point every game belongs to /vg, you just have to make a general for it. No, every and i mean EVERY game has the right to be discussed on the VIDEOGAME borad. You like it or not. Even stupid barbie games. Just because you dont like them they are video games.
>>
>>377404806
Because people on /v/ can't wrap their heads around the idea that some people just have shit taste.
>>
>>377404806
>there can't be shills. only people who like games
>when plenty of developers have been known to hire people to sell games on forums
Telling a shill apart is easy. Especially when they sound out of and place and just repeat the same shit all the marketing has said.
>duude it's so much better than the 1st game
>Duuude this one is colorful and less serious!
>dude this dev is so based! anyone else getting x game?
>you can this in it too!
>>
>>377404806
Nu blizzard is shit
MOBAs are shit
Those are objective facts.
>>
>>377411203
I didnt said there are not real shills, But the fact that EVERYONE who likes a moba or blizzard game or lets say battleborn, are branded Shills immidietly. I mean i can understand your view, how can someone like such a shitty game, but why no one can belives here that someone actually have a shit taste?
>>
>>377411240
Again, just because you dont like it, someone will. EVEN IF IT IS REALLY SHIT! That doesnt make them shills. They just like it because they have shit taste.
>>
>>377405581
>not loving the doge
get out newfag
>>
File: 4chan v hates.jpg (467KB, 1556x1966px) Image search: [Google]
4chan v hates.jpg
467KB, 1556x1966px
>>377407146
Wrong
>>
File: 2ch v hates.jpg (146KB, 1556x1966px) Image search: [Google]
2ch v hates.jpg
146KB, 1556x1966px
>>377407146
>>377411571
It's our shitck not yours
>>
>>377404806
Stop shilling shills, you fucking shill shiller.
>>
>>377404806
>If you post Mobas you are a shill
No, people are just sick and tired of ASSFAGGOTS in this board, most of those threads always end up the same way, with LoLfags and Dotards throwing shit at each other or some faggot complaining that he's been banned because he called somebody a Nigger.

>Blizzard games
It's just Overwatch and you know it.
>>
>>377411643
Russian /v/ best /v/
>>
>>377411571
>Paradox and Obsidian
Wow this is really out of date
>>
>>377404806
>20 Threads about the same game all the time
>"Is this may I say goat game universe cycle 7"
>Posting bullshots and promo material tier screenshots
>200/140/20/1
>"Fuck off shill"
>Open new thread complaining about people complaining about shilling
CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIFEEEEE~
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.