[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Games that flew under the radar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Theevilwithin_cover.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
Theevilwithin_cover.png
743KB, 764x828px
>greatest horror game of all time

>discussing it on here is a bannable offence

>game is a basically a perfected Res Evil 4 made by RE4 creator

>on here we are forced to ignore it and forget about it

Never change /v/
>>
>greatest horror game of all time
>>
>>377393995
the first 15 minutes of TEW blow every other horror game away

no other horror will even be able to compete. Not even the Silent Hill 2 intro
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75KB, 333x472px
>>377393932
Mikami did make the best horror game of all time but it sure as fuck isn't Evil Within.
>>
I really liked it as well, though the match system is a bit overpowered

Also, >greatest horror game of all time

Come on this is an action game, just like RE4.
>>
>>377394053
murder yourself child
>>
File: to.png (266KB, 540x547px) Image search: [Google]
to.png
266KB, 540x547px
>>377393932
>under the radar
No this is the game that put Mikami off the radar for good.
>>
>>377394126
Not him and I haven't even played TEW. But what fucking defines a horror game? Well basicalli /v/ think that being a horror game ISN'T ENOUGH TO BE A HORROR GAME. It needs to have tank controls and fixed camera so /v/ can say that it's a horror game.
>>
>>377394252
>basically
fix'd
>>
>>377393932
It plays like a shitty Dead Space with the janky stealth and crafting of Last of Us
>>
>>377393932
>flew under the radar
no it didn't you fucking newfag

>greatest
no
>horror
no
>game
I'll give you that one

>perfected RE4
just end you are life
>>
>>377394053
But then you had the rest of the game which was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>377394053
>forced stealth segment that is ludicrously easy to breeze by simply aiming a bottle while standing
>scary
I like the game, but come now.
>>
>>377394252
By action game I think anon meant that you feel pretty powerful in those games and capable of fighting back against the frightening creatures, which dulls the 'horror' aspect.
For example Dead Space only really feels scary in the slight anticipation of necromorphs bursting out of the vents around you, particularly early on. But when you're running away with that big invincible thing right behind you it's actually anxious. A horror game should make you feel afraid and uncomfortable.
>>
>>377393932
it's because of deluded faggots like you the game is never discussed here

always the shitty hyperbole as threadstarters

the game is serviceable at best, but I was so bored with it that I quit half-way through - and I was fortunate enough not to play it during its first or-so year, when Mikami showed his full retardedness and added unremoveable black bar overlays and locked 30fps to make it more ''cinematic''
>>
>>377394053

>greatest horror game of all time.

You're a fucking idiot.

>the first 15 minutes

I enjoyed the game, but the last few chapters were shit and dragged the game down big time.
>>
>uh oh
>another shitty Evil Within thread

MODS
>>
File: 20160730111400_1.jpg (527KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160730111400_1.jpg
527KB, 1920x1080px
i like it
>>
>>377396018
always amused that for some reason only 1 half of the ground texture is well detailed (as you can get with shitty idTech megatexture meme) and 1 half is a blurry mess
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.