[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As far as Rogue-lites go is this good? I know this game has a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: GungeonSupplyDrop.png (383KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
GungeonSupplyDrop.png
383KB, 600x353px
As far as Rogue-lites go is this good?
I know this game has a lot of guns, but I don't wanna go through the same shit that went with Borderlands.
>>
You have to pour about ten hours into this to start unlocking some of the decent guns. The pacing is horrendous, but it's pretty good otherwise.
>>
>>377392672
I don't mind it so long as the gameplay is bareable.
>>
>>377392902
Just get nuclear throne instead.
>>
>>377393243
Thats never on sale.
>>
>>377392634
>I don't wanna go through the same shit that went with Borderlands.
If you don't want to deal with enemy scaling, shitty weapons, and an abundance of pop culture references then I suggest you find a different game.
>>
>>377393437
Oh sure, good idea, buy the completely shitty product that you'll play for 5 minutes and refund instead of spending an hours pay of work on a game you could get dozens of hours out of because it's actually good.

Real clever.

NT has problems but it's a good solid game at its core and doesn't have the annoying shit that ETG has.
>>
>>377392634
It has maybe some of the worst pacing I've ever seen in a "roguelite", but some of the best core mechanics.

Think 20 minutes a floor, as compared to the sane 20 minutes a run.
>>
>>377393437

It's DRM free
And to boot it has 4 player co-op now.

You basically have no excuse, NT can be the new HOST WHEN/Risk of Rain threads.

Keep in mind GoG/Steam version are a little different in that GoG doesn't get daily challenge seeds, but if you mod the game you don't get them anyway.
Modding the game for online co-op makes it so GoG is Direct IP only, but Steam has the option between that and Steamworks.
>>
>>377393690
>And to boot it has 4 player co-op now.
Is it online or not? The local co-op was fucking horrendous, completely unplayable with the way the camera worked.
>>
>>377392634
I honestly was disappointed with this game and I bought it on sale early this year. It handles the permanent death thing horribly . They had to patch in the ability to save a run before a boss and it took them a long as time to put it out.

The enemies and the room variation were kinda similar too. Gun types and what not were meh as fuck too. This game would be better if you could pick one gun from from your library of guns to start with. And the bosses are fucking broken. Pick up Ziggurat or Nuclear Throne instead.
>>
>>377393690
Who the fuck plays NT for Coop?

It's a fantastic single player game. It doesn't need 3 other people to fucking suck and ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>377393750

Online co-op
Also the mod gives you console commands including the ability to toggle shared camera on/off and set a custom aspect ratio to too.

https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together/devlog/860/
>>
>>377393690

I mean, isn't the co-op in nucelar throne not as good as the solo? Last time I played it crashed all the time, both players couldn't pick perks during the stage loading, and the game was locked at 30 frames with the awful resolution crop or whatever it is.

I mean, enter the gungeon has it's problems but don't make the poor boy think that NT is vastly superior. Both of them have pros and cons.
>>
>>377393868
Yes, 30 fps IS a problem, but the game is perfectly playable at that framerate. It's not a super fast quake game or something. Of course it would be better at 60, but it's not a big dealbreaker for the game.

The resolution is fine.
>>
>>377393868

There's custom aspect ratio now, and supersampling, and me and a friend from Portugal (on wi-fi and a toaster laptop) had no problems playing with all kinds of mods.

If it crashes, that's probably your end that's at fault.
Perks are shared between characters, which works as a balance feature, but you can set it so you can pick your own ultras. Never had a problem with it otherwise.
It is still 30FPS and there's no fixing that sadly.

And yes, NT is vastly superior to Gungeon. Gungeon is a typical Devolver Digital Disaster, it fails completely in game design to stay engaging despite the art.

>>377393858

Because mods.
Also it's too RNG to enjoy solo for long when co-op lets you focus on tandem to overcome it.
>>
>>377393868
The online co-op comes with a mod that fixes a lot of issues with both singleplayer and co-op
>>
File: 5gKVUSR[1].png (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5gKVUSR[1].png
49KB, 1920x1080px
>>377393860
>>377393750
>>377393868

have a pic related
>>
File: 1480996565915.png (699KB, 555x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1480996565915.png
699KB, 555x1050px
>>377394067

>If it crashes, that's probably your end that's at fault.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242680/discussions/search/?q=crashing&gidforum=792923683703344656&include_deleted=1

Look, I don't want to be mean, but the co-op mod is buggy as fuck or at least was.

>>377394109
>>377394274
>>377394067

Good to see that the mod fixes a lot of things. I would like to try the online mod. I will see you all later. Goodbye.
>>
>>377393243
Came in here to say this
>>
>>377394067
>too RNG to enjoy solo

sounds like you need to get good
>>
>>377394386

Just grab Hammerhead ASAP
Which means ignore whatever else it thrown out
And also have games start to boil down to similar strategy each time.

Because it's OK to spawn in the middle of a dozen enemies with no cover after about 25 minutes and die instantly regardless.

Even the co-op mod allows further modding for things like making Fish's roll a combat roll dodge, so you get extra gud gitting opportunity.
Really though, the game only kicks in after loop, and there's a quickstart mod there too that spawns you in Y.V.'s crib for a bunch of guns and ultra, before starting at L1-1, so even if you play solo you want the mod.
>>
>>377392634
it's great, ignore the buttmad nuclear throne fags who are upset that there's a game that is similar in any way to their "precious gem" without being exactly the same
get nuclear throne if you have ADHD and need to live fast and die fast
get gungeon if you care more about longevity and prefer to play more defensively by dodging

also if it means anything to you, gungeon is still getting support whereas nuclear throne hasn't had an update in a year or something
>>
Personally, I enjoyed it. Managed to get 250+ hours out of it, however I find the constant comparisons to Nuclear Throne to be pretty unfair. The art-style, plethora of guns, and the dodge roll are all very reminiscent of it, but I got a completely different feeling out of it. The pacing is a lot slower, and it shares a lot more similarities to Isaac in terms of room and floor structure.

Guns aren't disposable as they are in Nuclear Throne, in which you can only hold a limited amount. You can hold as many guns as you obtain, which brings up an issue a lot of people have with the game.
Obtaining ammo, for the most part, is based on RNG (excluding shops), and everyone who has played this game has had at least a few runs in which they've been burned by blatant bad luck in regards to ammo drops, often having to resort to using a shitty joke gun or their starter pistol (which has unlimited ammo). Ammo management is something you learn as you play. Whilst using these shitty guns isn't necessarily a bad idea early game, as the better guns are often better used in the harder floors and skill alone can often carry you through the first 2-3 using only your starter pistol, it leads to the complaint of the game being terribly paced with bullet sponge enemies. Which is valid enough, the bosses do take quite a while to take down with anything but the best weapons. It comes down to personal preference in this regard.
Speaking of bosses, another complaint the game gets is that health upgrades for beating bosses are locked behind not getting hit by them. The argument that 'good players don't need health upgrades, and bad players do' is often brought up. Since you'll be dying a lot as you slowly manage to progress through the gungeon, I suppose it's meant as a reward for 'mastering' the floors through constant repetition, allowing you to progress more in the long run. However this leads to boss battles being incredibly high stakes.
>>
>>377394681

>gungeon is still getting support
>nt hasn't had an update in a year

Funny cos NT has a modding scene and Gungeon has jack shit.
So if the slow running speed is a bother, eat shit. There's not even a valid "git gud" response to it, you're just going to spend 3x longer on a run for no reason whatsoever, when you get far less guns than NT.

Every gun even plays the same and there's no ammo scarcity to worry about.
>>
>>377392634
It's slow as shit, get NT instead
>>
File: Never give up.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Never give up.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: Welcome to frog hell.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to frog hell.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
I just want to add that it is true that NT is better, not just some maymay
>>
>>377392634
Depends on if you think enemy HP should go up every floor and not have weapons keep pace with it at least.

Its a good game with good design points, but as other people have said pacing is not one of them. The game is tediously slow, but if you can ignore that you might enjoy it. Otherwise, stay far far away.
>>
>>377395148
Easily my favorite types of runs in NT. Nothing is more fun than a Melting Melee run.
>>
>>377392634
>No synergies
>Bullet sponges
>No ammo
>Resourceful Rat exists
Just play the superior Isaac
>>
>>377392634
For a game about guns, most of the guns are extremely boring and underwhelming.
>>
>>377393243
30 fps cap. 4:3 aspect ratio. that's why im never going to buy it
>>
I prefer the dungeon environment of Enter the Gungeon, but Nuclear Throne has tighter gameplay.
>>
>>377398875
>Resourceful Rat exists
Why those this even exist, seriously.
>>
>>377400983
and that's why you have autism
>>
>>377401210
Forcing player to choose between active items and losing one of them as a result, also stealing ammo, which is really a lot more annoying.
>>
>>377394681
The way you described NT makes me way more interested in that game, butt boy.
>>
I honestly don't get /v/ anymore

When this game first came out it was the shit for weeks, isaac players kept trying to shit on it because they thought it would be the game that killed their community. It wasn't, but it was a good fucking game. A lot of /v/ said they preferred it because it was less about having broken runs and actually about skill.

But now nuclear throne asshats are shitting on it because it sold better than their dead game?
>>
>>377392634
No, it sucks. It's slow as hell and it isn't satisfying at all to play because most of the difficulty comes from every game having utter garbage accuracy and spraying bullets all over the place regardless of where you aim.
>>
After having played Binding of Isaac an autistic amount, I found the variation in Gungeon to be really lacking.

Also as soon as you get table tech blanks it's basically game set match. As other anons have mentioned, the pacing and balancing is kind of ass, and the variety between weapons feels too small. I don't dislike the game, but I don't keep coming back to it like I do with Isaac.
>>
>get a gun in first level
>one hits everything
>second level it now takes three shots to kill anything
>only other weapon choices are worse
>run out of ammo
>>
>>377392634
my name is charles barkley and im here to say gungeon is unrepentant dogshit and that nuclear throne is superior in every respect
>>
>>377401583
>Bullet sponges
>"SKILL"
I bet you believe Borderlands 2 is more about skill that Quake 3 too.
>>
How do I change aspect ratio and camera options with this new mod?
>>
>>377401847
I'm Kevin Johnson and this man is a liar.
>>
>>377401583
Broken runs are fun.
>>
>>377401583
>it was less about having broken runs and actually about skill
Tbh after playing for 100 hours I would rather want the game be more like Isaac when it comes to items, many runs end up being mediocre because both combination of passive items, meh guns and shitty actives may not be your doom, but they definitely gonna bring the experience down, also I'm not a fan of how all the rooms have pre-determined enemy placements, which are mostly underwhelming, game simply lacks good rooms when they just barrage you with everything.
>>
>>377394873

Kek. What's the secondary? Hyper Slugger?

I'll never forget one of the first loops I blew, by destroying the generator below the first, and not the one to the side (this makes the Throne advance much sooner than it would)
>>
>>377392634
Visually and in terms of concept its amazing, one of the cooler ideas for a theme in recent memory. As other anons say it has some pacing problems where the first few levels feel like a slog and it lacks crazy synergies like BoI.

>>377393437
Rami has said he'll never put his games on sale iirc.
>>
Play crypt of the necrodancer. Best rogue-like
>>
>>377395148

>SKELETON GET OUT OF MY SEWER REEEEE
>>
>>377401815
This, pretty much.
>>
>muh bullet sponges
Get fucking good and use your guns.

>b-but my ammo!
They already buffed key and ammo drops in the Supply Drop update, and that's just because you faggots were too dumb to use coolness/curse to better your odds. I bet you didn't even know about those mechanics.
>>
>>377401815
And what gun exactly was that?
>>
>People in this thread unironically shilling NT

lmao, NT is cheap as fuck. The whole game feels like it was made to maximise profits and minimise costs.

>So then instead of adding content we just had them play the whole game again! ahahah
>Instead of adding more content we'll just have modders do it
>>
>>377402517
I haven't played since launch so I can't tell you, I just remember that every gun was either some dumb meme gun that done little damage or a gun with extremely high damage and little ammo.
>>
>>377402386

>use your guns
Nigga you say that like it's NT and they toss them out like candy
You seriously cannot defend this
>>
>>377402543

>Doesn't know about loop bosses
>Doesn't know about IDPDHQ
>Modders for NT are bad, Gungeon having no mods is implied good

It's like seeing someone get salty Duke Nukem isn't being held to a higher regard because everyone is playing Doom mods, refusing to accept it as content.
>>
>>377402619
Oh, so you didn't actually played the game you lying faggot.
>but muh HP scaling
Second floor scaling is 1.3, gun that dealt enough damage to oneshot enemies on first floor will at its worst kill them in two shots now, you nigger.
>>
>>377402543

>2 hours for four gungeons
>∞hours for NT over infinite levels (optional) (average run = 35 minutes for 16 levels excluding secrets/skips)
>>
>>377402905
If the game wasn't shit I would have played it more and been able to remember the eight hours I played which lead me to the conclusion that it's shit.
>>
>>377401367
That's probably the real kicker, honestly.

He should leave ammo alone. Otherwise he's just an obnoxious piece of shit.

But I think EtG is a game that only looks good, it plays terribly. Functional, but the actual gameflow is at odds with itself. It's a bullet hell that absolutely wants to be more a bullet hell than a roguelite and it shows.
>>
>>377402386
>that's just because you faggots were too dumb to use coolness/curse to better your odds. I bet you didn't even know about those mechanics.
Any game that has mechanics that heavily influence an important factor of gameplay and obfuscates them completely is a shit game.
>>
Is gungeon at least 60fps? Nuclear Throne becomes unecessarily more difficulty because of the fps limit.
>>
>>377393473
>Pop culture references
Fuck off
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.