[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doom thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1457523650365.jpg (201KB, 2842x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1457523650365.jpg
201KB, 2842x1825px
Am I the only one that can't bring themselves to finish TNT Evilution? It's the only official doom game that I haven't completed and I've tried playing through it probably a dozen times. Every time I try, I get 5 to 10 levels in and just lose interest.
>>
>>377389591

I've had it for years and years and never finished them properly. I just got bored and God moded through them, but that was so long ago I don't even remember anything about it at all.
>>
>>377389591

The level design is quite shit on that (Plutonia is better). The main draw is the challenge and the weird low ammo "puzzle maps" in which you must run from agitating skeletons for a good bit of map until you find the means to dispatch them
>>
I haven't even finished Doom 2 completely. I always stopped when I got up to Downtown. Played all of the original Doom 1 episodes though.
>>
>>377389909

Everyone seems to quit on Sandy's maps
>>
File: mugi hand.jpg (58KB, 520x539px) Image search: [Google]
mugi hand.jpg
58KB, 520x539px
Recommend me Doom games for someone who wants to learn kb+m.

Other FPS are okay too.
>>
>>377389943

At least Into Sandy's City is good. But yeah, the maps aren't the greatest.
>>
>>377389987
play both half-lifes
>>
>>377389943
His maps in Quake 1 were also the most open and empty crap.
>>
>>377389987

Ultimate DOOM
DOOM II
DOOM '16
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat
Not FPS, but first person stealth: Thief, Thief II.
>>
>>377389987

The Ultimate Doom (Doom + expansion), Doom 2, Doom 64. In that order

I'm assuming here you want the classics. Doom 3 and NuDoom will work, or you can play ZDoom with freelook and still learn kb+m
>>
>>377390078

Forgot System Shock and System Shock 2, and Deus Ex (and a lot of others, honestly).
>>
>>377389987
Quake. The first game where WASD+Mouse control was encouraged.
>>
>>377390078
>>377390129

Doom, at least in its regular horizontal-only configuration, will not teach you kb+m skills that applies to other games (freelook)
>>
>>377390212
I'm coming from controller-only, so I want to start easy.
>>
>>377390363

Pretty much any FPS will have difficulty settings.

I'd recommend L4D 1 or 2. Lots of targets, will teach you to prioritize threats and avoid friendly fire. And all FPS weapon archetypes are present (handguns, shotguns, automatic weapons, snipers, melee and throwables) in it
>>
>>377390363
tellin you nigga play half life
>>
>>377390212
What's freelook?
>>
>>377390795
Moving the mouse to change where you're looking. The normal way FPS has worked for years.
>>
File: dood.png (596KB, 997x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dood.png
596KB, 997x1500px
Final Doom is really just paid mods 1996
I don't dislike the two WADs, but outside of being sanctioned by id they're nothing special.
Shit like Eternal Doom and Icarus are more impressive.
Hell now we have other great mods like Nova 2 and Sunlust
REKKRs looking cool too.
>>
>>377390867
I love how they literally were just free map packs that got bought out by ID for sale. Doom has so many high quality custom level packs it's dizzying.
>>
>>377390990

>Haven't played any custom DOOM maps since like, 2012 or something.
>Never even played some of the greats like Scythe 2, I think that one was popular.

I really need to catch up.
>>
>>377391142
You have like 4 Cacowards worth of WADs to look through.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.