[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a single MMORPG worth a damn anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1da.jpg (18KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
1da.jpg
18KB, 600x539px
Is there a single MMORPG worth a damn anymore?
>>
no but there are several promising ones that are being crowdfunded
>>
>>377389497
None that cater to jaded retards.
>>
>>377389497
MMORPGs can't be good again until everyone forgets how to use the internet and there can be a new period of rediscovery. It can't happen in your lifetime.
>>
I got back into Dofus. There was a huge server merge which basically included every non French server.
>>
Gonna ask here instead of making a new thread: is it worth it for an absolutely new mmorpg player to try WoW?
>>
>>377389497
> worth a damn
Define worth a damn.

If you want to invest yourself in a fantasy world with lore, stories, characters and their problems, and to explore this world together with your friends - many fit the bill. This includes World of Warcraft, FF14, ESO, GW2, DDO, LotRO, and many, many more. The gameplay and overall quality of these games is at least decent.

If you want "that feel" fueled by nostalgia, then playing UO shards or Runescape is your best bet. Sure, there are some smaller projects in betas/development, but many cater to the mobile scene and retarded modern design decisions.

>>377389826
Dofus is very comfy, yes. Again, what is "worth a damn" for OP? What are his goals, his criteria?
>>
>>377389923
I still play WoW occasionally, both retail and private servers. It is very easy to get sucked into the conflicts, the worldbuilding is overall pretty good. I also prefer a well-executed* tab-targeting system to shitty action-based combat any day, and WoW excels at the former as long as you face challenging content.

*much less so with ability pruning, mind you
>>
>>377389923
Nah, unless you have a lot of friends you will end up playing bad singleplayer RPG
>>
>>377389579
Too bad. That's a really big demographic.
>>
>>377389497
Modern ESO is pretty good. Will be even better with morrowind.
>>
File: blackbeard-pirate.jpg (193KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
blackbeard-pirate.jpg
193KB, 800x530px
Will we ever get a pirate themed MMORPG?
>>
>>377389579
why be so mean and hurtful?
>>
There never was and never will be. Awful gameplay padded out by watching numbers increase that was just as shit the first time as when everyone else copied it.
>>
>>377391793
sorry
>>
>>377389497
MMOs have never been worth a damn. Stop wasting your time on games that are about 99% downtime.
>>
I have never played an MMO but have always thought it must be fun.

By the time I get to play one I'll be the only one having any fun.
>>
>>377391682
Wasn't there a pirates of the caribben MMO
>>
>>377392307
Its only fun if you're young, new to the internet, and meeting like minded young people to go on adventures with over vent.
>>
>>377392869

Maybe I'll never play one then. I'm getting old.
>>
I still enjoy playing FF14. I couldn't give two fucks about making friends or going on an adventure. I want to raid and push progression.
>>
>>377391823
I'm addicted to the grind
>>
>>377392585
Yes, there was also some shitty Korean one and there was Pirates of the Burning Sea as well. There's been a few.
>>
>>377393957
Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7IBrszcl4
>>
I like Warframe. The gameplay is tits.
But if you don't have a clan the grind can be... too much.
>>
>>377394018
incidentally, what's the best music for grinding? or maybe i should listen to podcasting?
>>
>>377391682
I think one I found years ago was like Swords or 2 Swords, pretty sure it was close to a top down view but I'm not sure. The only other one that comes to mind is uncharted waters but I didn't even give that one thirty minutes.
>>
>>377394076
I left the game for a long time after I joined a clan, came back to it and they were in an alliance and my two friends had been kicked but I wasn't. Then I got mocked for asking what the alliance bank was, haven't tried to interact with anyone on there since. I still want Sayrn though but when I went back I got ash prime from another player in the bazaar, so pretty cool I guess.
>>377394212
I listen to podcasts or set up my phone in front of my TV(monitor) and use it to watch shows. But I've access to Hulu and netflix so I don't know what to suggest. I do listen to music from time to time but I often settle for game music then.
>>
I still have tons of fun on Elysium desu
>>
>>377389549
>Chronicles of Elyria
>>
>>377389497
yes
>>
File: 1.png (4MB, 1921x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
4MB, 1921x1075px
>>377393957
i got 3% a day at level 90 on RO mobile, i'm addicted to grind too buddy!

pic is .hack//fragmet (i love .hack//Series)
>>
ITT: everyone posts their favorite grindfest/themepark/mmo they've been playing for years

all these games suck
>>
duh... eve online
>>
Old school runescape is the only good mmo you cunts
>>
>>377398583
I have tried to play osrs but I just can't. Started playing runescape in late 2006 but my favourite time on runescape was 2010-2011 because of dungeoneering. Loved curses, chaotics and all that other shit. The introduction of ganodermic and solomons store/micro trans shit is what completely killed the game for me
>>
>>377389497
Not really, I've regressed back to multiplayer online action games like PSO. The MMO forumula is stale and sucks. I never liked the "triad" or NPC's giving out quest progression Armors that everyone else in the world has. Nothing you do in a MMO matters or has depth, it all immediately gets replaced by the next level sets gear, it's mundane and boring and ultimately no gear you ever get will matter. It's just sad.
>>
>>377398583
OSRS is the retarded, autistic bastardchild of Reddit, Nostialgiagogglefaggots and braindead manchildren. The community needs to be gassed.
>>
File: fairy queen (male).png (1MB, 1028x772px) Image search: [Google]
fairy queen (male).png
1MB, 1028x772px
This is modern Runescape
>>
Im holding out hope for the DAoC reboot. Albion Online has it's moments too.
>>
>>377399356
Cosmetic shit was a mistake.
>>
>>377399356
Looks so fucking shit. Osrs is alright for nostalgia. 2008-2010 was the best
>>
I think the biggest turn off for me is I get so bored of dungeons. I praise the MMO to do away with it. I can grind skills and quests for hours and have fun but the moment you put me in a fucking streamlined, boring ass dungeon with a group of silent retards is when I get bored and fall asleep mid gameplay.

Its a shame because I would love to continue playing FFXIV or WoW. But hell i cant even get FF to patch on the ps4 so whatver.
>>
File: 1266956219484.jpg (98KB, 874x718px) Image search: [Google]
1266956219484.jpg
98KB, 874x718px
>>377399356
>Private: On
>>
File: 1486555410017.png (129KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486555410017.png
129KB, 633x758px
Zaros got BTFO hard

>A flame will never be a star no matter how bright it burns
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.