[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PS5 TO BE SHOWN OFF AT E3 COMING 2018

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 58

File: DON'TLOOKATAPRILNPD.png (60KB, 680x213px) Image search: [Google]
DON'TLOOKATAPRILNPD.png
60KB, 680x213px
The prediction comes from analyst Damian Thong who is famous for accurately predicting the PS4 Pro and Slim before they were announced. It’s not much to go on yet, but it’s something to think about. It would make sense, given the roadmap laid out by Microsoft for Scorpio.

If the announcement of the PS4 Pro had you worried about the future of PlayStation, and ultimately a PS5, it’s time to put your fears to rest. Sony Interactive Entertainment America boss, Shawn Layden, has confirmed that PS4 Pro won’t be the last we see of the PlayStation brand.

Furthermore, new rumors are pointing to a possible 2017 release date for the PS5. While PS4 Pro is going to ease the market into 4K, it’s clear that it’s simply a means to an end. Let’s find out what Sony’s planning, shall we?
>>
It's too soon for a new console
>>
It's already time for ps5 rumors? Wow
>>
>>377385532
>While PS4 Pro is going to ease the market into 4K
PS4 Pro isn't doing shit. It isn't selling, 4k TVs aren't selling, games are already too expensive to make full use of the current hardware, software sales are down across the board.
Making a PS5 would be completely fucking retarded, so I guess tha 2017 release date is pretty accurate.
>>
>>377385532
They have to, unless they want to lose the rich FIFA whales to Scorpio.
>>
>guy makes prediction everyone already knew was a possibility
>he's now a gaming prophet
fuck journalism
>>
>>377385837
Explain further. Where's the logic there?
>>
how could anyone predict the ps4 pro? It was an open secret for like an entire year.
>>
>>377385910
Casuals only buy shiny stupid shit because of graphics.
>>
>>377385532
If the PS4 and Pro aren't indication enough that Sony have built a platform on which to continue the Playstation name on, then you're retarded. The PS4 is cheap to produce and has architecture that is easy for devs to work with. There is literally no way in hell Sony is going to bother with an entirely new system when they already have a goose laying golden eggs.
>>
>>377385532

>Damian Thong

What an unfortunate name.
>>
>>377385532
So what standard feature is Sony going to restrict and force me to pay PS+ for in order to use again?
Will it be the privilege of playing used games? Perhaps they'll charge for the privilege of being able to play games in offline mode. Or will they find something else entirely to charge for?
>>
Ask him about DMC5
>>
I just bought a fucking ps4 a couple months ago. At least give me a few years
>>
>>377386150
They launched the PS4 right at the height of the PS3. It was doing better than ever.
>>
>Guy predicts blatantly obvious thing
This is news?
>>
>>377385910
Richfags who spend thousands on Fifa micro transactions will want to play it on their new 4K TV and Scorpio will be the best way to do that unless Sony steps their up. Pro was a mistake.
>>
Is Sony that afraid of the Switch and Scoprio?
>>
>>377386363
They're probably afraid of landing in the middle of the spectrum. Which is pretty much the worst place you could be.
>>
>>377385532
I'm sure /v/eogaf can justify it.
>>
>>377386182
>demon thong or devil thong
it sounds like a edgy goth brand for teen goth sluts. school must've been hell to him
>>
>>377386363
>ps4 has sold 20m+ consoles ahead of the competition

why would they be afraid?
one system has barely any games and barely any support of 3rd party developers outside of indie devs.
the other system brags about native 4k and being the most powerful home console but they dont have any games to actually take advantage of it.
>>
If sony wanted to try and match some kind of 5ish year cycle, 2018 would be about right. Seems kinda like a terrible idea, but then that doesn't mean anything if they can find an angle to make it sell. And if they think they can make it sell like the PS4 did, then Sony as a whole needs that money so they make more shitty reboots and Adam Sandler movies.
>>
>>377385771
Ignorant nigger. Games are cheaper historically now than they've been in a long time.
>>
>>377386449
Or the best? Pro to match Scorpio and vanilla PS4 to match the Switch. They can release the rumored new handheld to complete the set.

Leave PS5 to bury Scorpio in the future.
>>
>>377385532
it's all rumors to make people hold off the Scorpio, typical Sony FUD, I don't doubt they are working on a PS5, but 2018 is too soon.
>>
>>377386689
Uh-huh. Assassin's Creed credits went from 4 minutes to 30 minutes, I guess Ubisoft is paying all those people in smiles and sunshine? Even Playtonic complained about how expensive YL was to make and that's not exactly top tier graphical fidelity.
>>
>>377386286
Not entirely relevant on the basis that, at least in terms of hardware, it was obsolete. PS4 (and especially the Pro) addressees that problem for a considerable amount of time. Note that historically, first party developers only get better in using the platform available to them over time (Last of Us on the PS3 is a technical miracle), and we already have titles looking like Uncharted 4 and Horizon. Any console with stronger hardware will be more expensive as well, so like I said, there's no incentive on Sony's behalf to move toward a PS5. They have an incredibly solid platform that is already popular and will only continue to get more popular with support.
>>
After the model of the last gen, I assumed this one was going to last 10 years.
>>
>>377386703
That's not being in the middle.
>>
>correctly predicted the slim and pro
>correctly "prediciting" something that was rumored for OVER A YEAR

Wow this guy must be some kind of wizard dude. I heard that he predicted the sky will be black at night too.
>>
>>377386804
People said the exact same thing about the PS3.
Also, the PS4, the Pro included, are outdated.
>>
>>377386689
If you rationalize DLC as additional content, maybe.
>>
>>377385692
This. Nobody would buy a new console at this current stage. This gen still has a couple more years left in it and there hasn't been any advance in graphics nor performance to warrant a new console.
>>
>>377385532
>these fucking super expensive consoles to be shown off at E3.
>Not shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>377386990
Which DLC has been what you consider mandatory for a complete experience?
>>
I don't know, I'm not saying it's not possible or likely but this gen is just finally getting off. Announcing a new console at this moment would be incredibly jarring.
>>
Well, there were rumours that there will be yet ANOTHER pro version to try and compare with what microsoft is going to present, so not really going to be suprised.
>>
What was the point of the Pro?
>>
>>377386292

This.
>>
>>377387304

Con people out of money.
>>
>>377387078
It'd be easier to ask me which DLC -isn't- mandatory for a complete experience today, which would be plot unrelated content made and released well after the release date. Playable characters fall into a gray area, especially when it comes to fighting games, but that's for another thread. Problem here is DLC became standard practice for publishers as a way to extend sale momentum, keep people from selling games and retaining relevance, so the overwhelming majority of games have DLC production shoved within its development schedule and are intentionally designed to be integral to the game.
>>
>>377385532
>PS SLIM
>PS2 SLIM
>PS3 SLIM and SUPER SLIM
>some random guy predicts PS4 SLIM
>now he's a foreteller

Huawei will release a new cellphone soon. Trust me.>>377385532
>>
Sometimes i feel like holding out this gen was the best decision i ever made...
>>
If anything it'll be a modular PS4.

Screencap this post.
>>
>>377387304
Sony thought that people would buy another PS4 if they wanted better performance but people already have PCs

>>
>>377387078
The problem isn't that the DLC is mandatory to complete the base experience in most cases, it's that it's an incentive for the developer to water down or cut pieces from the base experience or to hold back in order to charge you $90-120 for a game they will bill as a GOTY or Definitive edition a year later for $60. That's partially the reason I don't purchase games on launch anymore. Why pay that much when they're going to sell you the base game and DLC for the base game's price a year later (or less on Steam)?
>>
>>377385532
What the fuck, there isn't even enough games on the PS4 to justify me purchasing that.

I'd eat my left shoe. This fucking gen was a mistake.
>>
>>377387304
Piss off developers
>make it work on the ps4
ok
>make it work on the pro
alright
>but it can't run BETTER on the pro
that's uh, alright
>make it work at 4K on the pro as well
ok
>also, a "pro mode" with enhanced visuals using HDR and stuff (but don't let it run better in pro mode than a normal ps4)
sure!

>okay just kidding, boost mode is a thing now
>>
>>377386618
That's my point. They are at the top, so why bother alienating their huge install base right when other options are looking their best?
>>
>>377385532
>The prediction comes from analyst Damian Thong who is famous for accurately predicting the PS4 Pro and Slim before they were announced.
You mean the time that everyone fucking was anticipated since rumors of Neo was running more rampant than AIDs in the 80's.

>Furthermore, new rumors are pointing to a possible 2017 release date for the PS5.
That is complete bullshit and anyone who says this is a retard.

>While PS4 Pro is going to ease the market into 4K, it’s clear that it’s simply a means to an end.
Introducing Sony VR again!
>>
>>377387901

Assuming a person doesn't already have a PS4, is boost mode or Pro even worth it if you don't get hard over 60 FPS?
>>
>>377387304
PS4 Pro is the DSi of the PS4s.

Also to all these people saying too early, I feel like they were spoiled by Gen 7's abnormally long length.
>>
>>377388573

Kinda. I used to be used to 5ish year gens, but I think I like 8-10 now. I'm only just getting a PS4. Never waited so long to get a new console (thought it took quite a while for enough games to come out on PS4 that I'm interested in).
>>
>>377385692
>>377387000
this show who is underage in this board, if think PS3 was the standard for a generation length
>>
>>377388568
The difference between a Pro and a Slim is about $100 and a bundled game. I'd say its worth it but if you literally don't care about framerate and don't own a 4K tv and you don't pixel count then it might not be for you.
>>
>>377388573
It's not just that, this generation has too few games.
>>
>>377386703
>pro to match scorpio

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: HURGH.png (122KB, 216x211px) Image search: [Google]
HURGH.png
122KB, 216x211px
>>377388573
>PS4 has been out for nearly four years

Well shit.
>>
>>377388669
>(thought it took quite a while for enough games to come out on PS4 that I'm interested in).

Indeed, though one could attribute this to larger development teams and higher costs of development in general.

I'm more keen to believe in that PSP3 rumor than a PS5 at this point personally.

>>377388734
See above, big budget games take time and money to make.
>>
PS5 Should have a 1080ti in it. Also come with a VR. And only be priced at 499. Anything but, is pointless. Wait till 2020 to unveil it at E3 and release it that November. Yall ready for KH3/FF7Remake to be launch titles for PS5?
>>
>>377388713

>1 TB PS4s are only 300 dollars now

Well shit, last I checked they were still 400.
>>
Once another recession hits bringing in a new console will get cancelled
>>
>>377385532
Yeah, that's not happening. I don't mean the obviously inevitable PS5 or something like it, i mean it coming out like this. What about the PS4 Pro? That crap isn't even 1 year old yet.

At least I hope it isn't happening. The PS4 hardly has any games on it worth owning and this is coming from someone who actually has one. It also isn't even 4 years old yet (fully, anyway)
>>
>>377388837

Man, bigger budgets have really kind of hurt gaming, haven't they? Great (and bad) game could just be shit out in the 90s.
>>
>>377388837
I don't know about that. Games have only retracted from scale since last gen with the exception of behemoths like GTA and Zelda while assets are hardly any better.
>>
>>377386689
Maybe if you count indie shit games that cost like 10 grand tops to make. Actual industry games cost more than ever.
>>
>>377386587

idk, my last name is Seemann and I had a great boyhood.

Then again I'm not a shitty person.
>>
>>377388734
its fault of devs for keep inflating games, and budgets and dev cycles.

and if fault of S and M for trying to catch up a race they can not a console will never be close as powerful as PC gaming while being affordable (400$ or less)

In that regard, Nintendo was right with the change of Direction during Wii
>>
>>377388853
The base PS4 got a price cut last year down to $300, which is the price of the Slim. Only the Pro is $400 and it gets discounted often. Doesn't come with a game though like the Slim does.
>>
>>377385532
You're an idiot if you DIDN'T ALREADY think they'd show off PS5 at E3.

>>377385692
>>377387000
Switch is already out. Next year will be 5 years since the PS4. Sony will be LATE if they DON'T release it by then.
>>
>>377387000
Nintendo has the Switch and MS has the Scorpio. It would be a mistake not to come out with a new console.
>>
>>377388965
>Games have only retracted from scale since last gen

You sure?

Feels like nowadays almost every old game IP has gone into the Open World genre after Skyrim popularized it in Gen 7.
>>
Do you guys think that Microsoft might try future-proofing themselves with the Scorpio?
>>
I remember them promising that the PS4 will have a shorter lifespan than the PS3 but 2018 is still pretty early.

I would say 2019 would make more sense as a reveal date with the thing launching christmas 2020
>>
>>377389029

Whoops, damn it, Amazon, why do you list a slim under a pro entry?
>>
>>377386251
Thats what you get for adopting late.
>>
>>377389090
Scorpio is just a beefed up Xbone. It's not a brand new console like the Switch is with the Wii U.
>>
The PS3 got released 2006 and only got replaced by the PS4 in 2013

That is 7 years.
The PS4 isn't even 4 years old yet.
>>
>>377389102
I can sorta see it happening. Don't think a Xbone with some kind of 4K support would save it, might as well try again in 9th gen.
>>
>>377389102

How? Shoving the latest hardware in it and making it another

>600 US Dollars!

meme machine? It'll still be outdated five years later. Future proofing with tech like that is always a useless endeavor.
>>
>>377387000
>This gen still has a couple more years left in it
This gen just started in March. Sony is already last gen.
>>
>>377385532
>put your fears to rest

But rapid new consoles and new revisions of existing consoles is what I fear. How long before they move to the smart phone model of new annual revisions?
>>
>>377389164
That doens't matter to the average consumer. There's a new xbox and a new nintendo. Where is the new playstation? It really is that simple.
>>
>>377385692
An excuse to be able to sell shit launch titles like Knack.
>>
>>377389158
Early adoption is for suckers and the PS4 had a pathetic lineup for its first 2-3 years.

>>377389090
Scorpio is just a revision console just like the PS4 Pro. It's not a new platform.
>>
>>377389098
Feels like recent IPs are more into open world than established ones. There's FF, which set out to do way back then in last gen with Versus, Zelda, what else?
>>
>>377389187
Gen 7 was an anomaly in regards to the length of the gen as a whole.
>>
>>377389090
>>377389049
It depends what Direction they will go to, if they keep the
>MUSCLE MACHINE!!! 4K 30 FPS!!! 500$ AMERICAN DOLLARS!! Its just a poor man pc BUT INSIDE AN PS CASE!!!

or

>PSGO CAUSE FUCKING NINTENDO, WE ARE FIGHTING YOU TOO CAUSE FUCK IT!!

1st can be 2018, second will be 2019 as nothing in 2018 will evolves tech enough wise to make anything better than what Switch is now
>>
Is it worth getting ps4 at this point or is it going to be a relative waste of money? I thought it came out not that long ago.
>>
>>377389245
The PS4 Pro was the new playstation. Also Nintendo released the Switch is because the 3DS is 6 years old and they quickly needed to replace the Wii U.
>>
>>377389245
>Where is the new playstation?
PS4Pro.
>>
>>377389293
The PS2 got released in 2000 and replaced 2006

That is six years.
The PS5 reveal entirely depends on Sony and how much they plan to drag the marketing out.

They could announce it 2018 and release it 2019.
Or they could announce it 2019 AND release it in the same year.
>>
>>377385532
consoles lol
>>
>>377389187
get your history lessons kid, 4-5 years were the standard, PS3 7th gen was the odd horse and only cause 7th gen 1st 2-3 years were a total shit show as no body wanted to move out of PS2.

PS3 7th gen real cycle didnt started till about 2009
>>
>>377389293

That's what I've thought for years too, but that may become the norm. Tech is always advancing, but the it's getting less obvious each generation now, diminishing returns set in years ago.
>>
>>377389269
You adopt early and enjoy the new shit or adopt late and watch everyone else move on. Those are your options. You dont get to bitch because you chose the later.
>>
File: 1483825215689B.jpg (70KB, 684x916px) Image search: [Google]
1483825215689B.jpg
70KB, 684x916px
>>377385532
>No name Analyst
>He only published his predictions when everyone is already memeing the spec leaks
>He also got the PS4Pro's name wrong and called it PS4k
>He rely on other tech journalist informants

Seriously He's Patcher level.
>>
>>377389350

Even if a PS5 does come out net year, a smaller, cheaper revision will come out a couple years later and it'll take years for it to get a decent amount of good games. Just get a PS4 now and enjoy the better lineup.
>>
>>377386832
Not really. There isn't any game on PC that can't be ported to PS4. PS4 Pro is basically equivalent powerwise to a PC with a 480 and a weaksauce CPU with 8 gigs of RAM. For a console, that's more than enough for now.
>>
>>377389414
>get your history lessons kid, 4-5 years were the standard,

Standards change.
The PS3 wasn't an exception because the XBOX brand went the same way.
>>
You are very dumb if you believe this.
>>
>>377389272
Ghost Recon (Wild Lands)
Metal Gear Solid (V)
Forza (Horizon)
Prey (2 before it got canned)
The Witcher (3)

Probably forgetting a few.

Then there was also the plethora of new open world IPs with sequels that spawned after Skyrim.
>>
File: !.jpg (9KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
9KB, 297x170px
>>377385692
>It's too soon for a new console
>mfw PS4 Pro one year later after the PS4

Nah buddy, its time to drop that PS5 and admit Sony fucked their own home console release dates up. They are not going to waste 10 years on one gen while Nintendo and Microsoft is on another
>>
>>377385532
They are more likely to market what is essentially a PS4 pro + as a PS5 than make a new system based off new architecture.
>>
>>377389384
PS2 has shitloads of games though
PS4 doesnt even got a GTA
>>
>Sony commits market suicide by oversaturating the market with products and killing consumer confidence while they have the best selling product in the market.

Old Sony is back. And if they are reacting, it's because they are scared of PC. The comparisons between the PC and PS4 versions of Destiny 2 coming out of the preview event are brutal reading (PC version feels like a different, better game while even the PS4 Pro version looks muddy and sluggish) and because characters don't carry over. Players will have no problem switching to PC, especially since its on Bnet.

They played themselves.
>>
>>377389597
>Metal Gear Solid (V)
Oh, right. Guess I keep blocking that out of my memory. You do have a point, I'm just not too into these franchises.
>>
>>377389434
>hey bro check out this false binary with no middle ground in between

You adopt early and you wait for games to slowly trickle out while you're stuck with multiplats ported from last gen and remakes until 3 years later when current gen development cycles complete and actual releases happen regulary. Waiting till this year or last year to buy a PS4 isn't late adoption when the console had fucking jack shit other than Bloodborne until 2016.
>>
Companies don't follow some magical ''X years till new console'' rule.

Things aren't that easy.
The PS5 won't happen until either the PS4 stops selling.
That or MS starting the race by pushing an actual new Xbox model.

So far the PS4 is still selling pretty good and MS aren't doing jackshit with Scorpio so why would Sony miss out on all those PS4 sales?
It makes more sense to cash out on the PS4 before going for the next thing.
>>
>>377385692
Between 1995 and 2006, Sony launched 3 home consoles and one handheld. It's not that soon. Excluding the PS360 gen, consoles typically peak in sales in their third year then slowly fall down. releasing a new console at the end of the 5th year would be fine, especially given how iterative and PC like things seem to be these days. By then end of 2018, people will start hankering for a new box and developers will have already looked towards new hardware to achieve higher end visuals and features for their games.

But I don't think it'll happen like everyone else, cause it's been so long since they've had such quick console cycles. Especially successful ones. However, PS3 was only beat by one year with the 360. The Scorpio may be putting pressure on Sony. This may be Sony just spreading rumors to return the pressure or maybe it is real. When the Scorpio launches this fall and we've seen how the Switch does, it may make a lot more sense for Sony to launch a new box to grab the attention and momentum of hardcore video game consumers.

Don't forget, during the PS360 era, PC became increasing relevant towards the end because of the long console cycle. By the end of 2012, there were articles and talking pieces about the end of consoles, an all PC/cloud gaming world, etc. And a lot of people did move to PC. I'm sure this is also something Sony would like to avoid.
>>
>>377387000
>hasn't been any advance in graphics nor performance to warrant a new console

You are living a very vast lie about the console market if you think this factor has any impact on whether a new console gets made or not.
>>
>>377389509
same, 7th gen overall was a shit show on its early life spam, no body wanted to move of the previous Giant userbase that were PS2 and whatever XBX was and dev would rather die than do anything to the Wii. again, 7th gen didnt formally started till 2008-9 at least. and on the same boat due to profit margins, S and M did not intended to move out till 2015-16 actually but the Shadow that was WiiU lvling Nintendo to em power wise (for 7th gen standards) made em rush out PS4 and Xbone

look however angle you want, 7th gen is the odd horse of the consoles so far and 8th gen with power hardware revision it trailing to be another odd horse for that matter
>>
File: 1471874465427.jpg (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1471874465427.jpg
10KB, 235x235px
>tfw not console cuck who has to spend $400 every few years on a brand new platform just o play the latest video games
>>
>>377389635
Only Nintendo is on the next gen because their last gen home console was dead in the water and their last handheld is almost 7 years old at this point. Scorpio is still in this gen as much as the Pro is.
>>
>>377389469
>>He also got the PS4Pro's name wrong and called it PS4k
Are you retarded? How can you expect him to predict the name of a console?
>>
>>377385532
The PS4 Pro will be around for at least a couple of years, I don't see a PS5 coming out before 2019.
And Sony will not shoot themselves in the foot by announcing it too early, even if there's the temptation to steal Scorpio's thunder it will just hurt PS4 Pro sales.
I am convinced the PS5 and Xbox Two (?) will be AMD APU based again only this time on Ryzen.
>>
>>377389760
If you waited for a hardware revision or price drop you adopted late nigger. In fact the only real option is: Others with money adopt early so pourfags even have the adoption of adopting late.
>>
>>377385532
It seems more likely that they will reveal a new system with 0 actual specs or anything nailed down yet with and present bullshots and then releasein late 2018 than actually have something definitive this year
>>
>>377385692
6 years isn't too bad.
>>
>>377385771
>4k TVs aren't selling
maybe in poorsville where you live faggot. everyone who isn't retarded has got a 4K set.
>>
>>377389709
>PS4 doesnt even got a GTA
thats actually really fucking sad
>>
>>377389992
How are these shit displays working out for you?
>>
>>377389901
too bad, thats not how generations work
Microsoft had sense, and Sony didn't. This is what happens when you get greedy #fortheplayersmoney thinking a a more powerful version of a $400+ 60 yearly system was going to sell like hotcakes after you just released a console with little to no games.
>>
>>377389986
Ps4 is 4 years this November. If it was a 6 year life cycle it would have to be a 2019 release.
>>
>>377390030
PS4 won't get an elder scrolls if this is true.
>>
>>377390031
regardless of the specs, more people are buying the 4k tvs. Stop moving the goalpost you mong.
>>
>>377390031
Not him but good. I didn't buy some fucking retarded smart tv 4k garbage heap, I bought a 4k monitor and use it as my TV. Fuck smartshit.
>>
>>377388573
At least Gen 7 had more exclusives and better 3rd party titles 4 years into the console cycle.
>>
>>377389837
>>377389956
Why would PS4 owners buy a new playstation when all the games they care about are still releasing on the PS4? Third parties aren't going to stop releasing PS4 games and Sony keeps their consoles alive for 10 years. They're finally stopping production of the PS3 this summer after 12 years.
>>
>PS4 just came out like a year ago
>PS4 pro and slim were even more recent
>PS5
yeah no.
>>
>>377385532
A console is only like £300-350 so if they maintained full backwards compatibility I would be totally fine with them releasing a new model every ~3 years. Fuck I would prefer it to be honest.
>>
Somehow i feel like, the year GTA VI is going to launch, is the year the PS5 will launch.
R* made too much money from selling GTA V to people twice, they must know something.
>>
File: greedy-jew4.jpg (92KB, 879x608px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jew4.jpg
92KB, 879x608px
>>377385532
>>
>>377390194
Sony is slowly approaching Nintendo levels of rereleasing the same games one new consoles.
>>
>>377386689
>Games are cheaper historically now
you think 60$ is the final price point??
>Online
>DLC
>Season Passes
ETC ETC ETC, lie to yourself as much as you want, but is not possible to equate that "Games are cheaper historically now than they've been in a long time" next when they dev budgets are historically at its highest point.

standardizing the price ceiling was both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>377390107
>he thinks scorpio is gonna be 400usd

holy shit delusion
>>
>>377390282
There's no way M$ would pull a Sony and release it for $600 USD. There's no fucking way.
>>
>>377390194

Pitch it right (and to gamers "right" is incredibly easy) and you can essentially sell the exact same box with very minor hardware improvements for 400+ bucks. See the PS4 Pro.

Sony has practically weaponized the hype-machine.
>>
>>377390107
But that's exactly how generations work. Console revisions do not create new generations as they aren't seperate platforms. Scorpio and the Pro are just revisions of current gen consoles. Only Nintendo has a next gen console because its the successor to their failed home console and older handheld. And Nintendo doesn't really adhere to the other two generation cycles anyway.
>>
>>377390393
But the PS4pro sold like shit?
>>
File: 1360611843884.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1360611843884.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>377390194
>Why would PS3 owners buy a new playstation when all the games they care about are still releasing on the PS3?
>>
>>377390393
There's literally no incentive for gaymurs to buy a newer playstation even for graphics when most games are still coming to the PS4 and the Pro sold miserably in comparision to the cheaper model.
>>
>>377390482
How is this even comparable? the PS3 was 8 years old by the time the PS4 was even released.
>>
>>377390482
I'm still convinced most early PS4 owners were 360 owners burned with the DRM shit.
>>
>>377390474
>>377390498

http://segmentnext.com/2017/02/03/ps4-pro-sales/
>>
>>377390394
>But that's exactly how generations work.

No its not
>>
>>377389956
Waiting 2 years to buy a console isn't late adoption you stupid nigger
>pourfags
You are literally fucking retarded if you think buying a console before it has a solid library of games makes you not a poorfag.
>>
After just releasing the PS4 pro this would really burn Sony bad.
>>
>>377385532
>a new Sony console every 2 years
lol console gaming
>>
>>377390565
Wasn't there some statistic about how half of all ps4 owners had a 360 or never had a ps3 to begin with? I don't know how true it is, though. probably not very true at all if you ask me, but the xbox fans had to go somewhere, right?
>>
>>377389818
Its also bullshit because PS4's price is constant while the cost of hardware is going down.
Therefore they would be retarded to release a new console at this point and not reap the increasing profit on PS4 hardware sales.

That would be repeating the PS3 mistake that I believe Sony themselves said wont be allowed to happen again.
>>
>>377390576
Funny how the author doesn't cite any evidence that supports the headline saying the Pro sold more than the Slim other that a quote saying "the pro sold better than expected"
>>
>>377390659
Never seen it, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. It would explain why the remasters sold.
>>
>>377386689
Back in time the average ps2 game used to be 100 CHF in switzerland
>>
What kind of bullshit will Sony/MS come up with next generation?

Paying for patches?
Paying for mods? (This time we mean it t.Valve)
70 Dollars becoming the new price standard? (Not including 50 dollar season pass which is half the game)
Games going Netflix with companies enforcing Onlive/PSNow tier garbage with you only renting a streaming license for everything
>>
>>377390394
All of MS releases have refered to it as it's own thing. It's not It's not PS4 to PS4Pro. It's not Xbox One Scorpio. It's Xbox One to Xbox Scorpio. Even if it's just a retooled box, nothing about what comes next will make it seem like a minor upgrade. They're pitching it like a brand new machine.
>>
File: Leo_2.jpg (5KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_2.jpg
5KB, 206x250px
>>377389901
Making a console a smaller handheld is now considered next gen? Wew
>>
>>377390603
>appeal to the dictionary when we're talking about game industry terms

oh you're just baiting me
>>
>>377390576
do you have a better source than " it sold better than our other poorly sold console so were happy".
>>
>>377390576
>better than the ps4 slim
sounds like bs to me because Sony even said that the PS4 (basically all models other than the pro) sell better than the pro not too long ago.
>>
>>377390659
The PS3 was less than half as popular as its predecessor and the PS4 is selling at a much faster pace.
>>
File: 1360600812296.gif (256KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1360600812296.gif
256KB, 320x240px
>>377390549
You obviously weren't around in 2013.

>Asscreed is still on PS3
>MGSV is still on PS3
>CoD is still on PS3
>Watch Dogs still on PS3 Yes, there was a time when we were hyped for WD.
>Farcry was still on PS3
>GTAV was still on PS3

And so on and so on. It wasn't that the PS3 had been out for 7 years already, it was that people already had PS3s for the same game the PS4 would get.

>>377390565
Sure that helped.
>>
>>377389098
Even Dynasty Warriors is falling for the Open World meme
>>
>>377390762
>game industry terms

You want to clarify on that? Generation means exactly what its suppose to mean, clown.
>>
>>377390762
But that's how console generations work
>>
>>377390729
>Paying for patches?
They could try, but all the lawsuits about broken day one games would catch up to them.
>Paying for mods? (This time we mean it t.Valve)
That's the most likely outcome. Probably freemium mods this time to ease the blow and make faggots rationalize it the same way they do with microtransactions and how they have absolutely nothing to do with games being a chore.
>>
ah yes, the man who predicted such amazing things as the ps4 slim, the ps4pro, and the sun rises every fucking morning.
truly a genius.
>>
>>377387000
You are very funny if you don't think that any nerd with enough cash and hype wouldn't get one, I would.
>>
>>377390748
What Microsoft wants to market it as doesn't change what it demonstrably is: a revision of the Xbone that is designed to play Xbone and Windows 10 games at much higher performance. It's a console revision just like the Pro and the N3DS. Marketing doesn't' take precedent over facts.
>>
>>377390194
>FF7R PS5 only with huge advancements

There you go
>>
>>377388669
The gens are slower because there are less games, and it takes longer for them to come out. Buy a PS4 on launch day and there's NOTHING to play. If you bought PS1 on launch day you were showered in games almost immediatly.
>>
>>377390850
>PS3 had been out for 7 years already
PS3 was released 11 years ago
>>
>>377390750
That's not even close to what I said. The Switch is neither a 3DS or Wii U console, it's a completely new platform separate from last gen.
>>
File: 1492315003762.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1492315003762.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>377391027
>Marketing doesn't' take precedent over facts.
>>
>>377390170
Retard
>>
>>377390565
>>377390659
Activision announcing their timed exclusivity deal with Sony over Microsoft honestly probably swayed a lot of the tryhard CoD players that MS had relied on the entire preview gen to move consoles. Then you had the next gen posterboy Destiny also have exclusives to the PS4 version. That was what a lot of the conversations I had with my friends at the time were about. Diehard Xboners who were flirting with the idea of jumping ship.
>>
>>377390896
But it's not. A revision isn't next gen. Or else the DSi would be a
>>
>Sony just now making big profit off of PS4 after PS3 losses
>Pro just came out
>PS5 in 2018

LOL NO

It would restart the gen & give MS another chance
>>
>>377385532
Kek and people shat on the Wii U for lasting for a short time.
The truth is 8th gen has been a very shitty and short generation in general.
With the Switch out and Scorpio making the Xbone obsolete, of course Sony will release a ps5 soon.
>>
File: 1494579336340.jpg (45KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494579336340.jpg
45KB, 220x270px
>>377385532
>who is famous for accurately predicting the PS4 Pro and Slim
>preditcing PS4 Pro and Slim
>Slim
Yeah its not like Sony has released a slim version of their consoles since the first fucking Playstation
>>
>>377391052

Man, I miss good launch titles.
>>
>>377391139
retarded for not buying into the smart tv meme? smart tv's are trash and are bloated up in their prices because of dumb useless features.
>>
>>377389818
>The PS5 won't happen until either the PS4 stops selling.
>That or MS starting the race by pushing an actual new Xbox model.

That's what they're doing with scorpio?..Sony is just keeping up with competition at this point. I would bet $100 Sony either shows no images of the PS5 or a rough concept at best if they show it at all. Just like Microsoft did with the Scorpio announcement. Because while they have literally nothing to show they still need to keep up with competition and get into the consumers head on that level.
>>
You guys do realize that if Sony releases a PS5 there's nothing stopping you from playing PS5 games on your PS4, right?
There are no barriers anymore
>>
>>377391220
Retard
>>
File: 149338167367912.jpg (98KB, 306x462px) Image search: [Google]
149338167367912.jpg
98KB, 306x462px
>>377391057
>kids born on the date ps2 was first released will be old enough to post on 4chan next year
>>
>>377391260
Only to an extent. The PS5 would get its own games and not all games would be cross platform.
>>
>>377390871
By your definition the PS4 is a last gen console because the Pro is current gen. Either you're baiting or you're genuinely retarded. Judging by your post I'm starting to think it's the later.
>>
>>377391262
Sorry samsung, smart tv's a trash.
>>
>>377390565
>>377390659

Damn, say what you want about console gaming but they actually had the balls to tell microdick to shove it. Unlike PC gaymurs opening their mouths and asses for gayben.
>>
>>377391243
The scorpio is just a revision console, it exists to one up the PS4 Pro.
>>
>>377391196
The one leading the race rarely starts a new war.

Sony won't start a new generation. Microsoft riight now are busy with their little Scorpio project but that one doesn't have anything to offer besides better hardware.

And normalfags don't get consoles for the 4k/60FPS meme.
Unless MS push the thing really hard and make developers adopt Scorpio as the new standard with PS4 games becoming downgrads shit won't change.
>>
>>377391384
It wasn't so much about going digital and online checks but killing the second hand market. PC never had a second hand market to speak off, while in consoles it was common place. Either way, paying for online is stupid.
>>
>>377391196
MS is making their chance with the scorpio, all Sony would be doing with a new console announcement is trying to curb them taking a bigger share of the market.
>>
God damn e3 is going to be fun this year. I can't fucking wait to see how shitty it is, like it always is. It's still fun, though.

Every fucking year.
>>
File: DAIvMqfXgAAMx2a.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DAIvMqfXgAAMx2a.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
>>377385532
Lots of good things coming up these days.
>>
File: 1465992187922.png (191KB, 1000x936px) Image search: [Google]
1465992187922.png
191KB, 1000x936px
>>377391408
>And normalfags don't get consoles for the 4k/60FPS meme.
>>
>>377391207
The Wii U and Xbone suffered from a drought of games well into their lifecycle. PS4's situation is completely opposite, it's getting more releases than ever when it started out with barely any.
>>
>>377391393
Based off what I've seen it's a pretty big "revision", it might as well be next gen as far as I'm concerned. Also you have to remember that PS4 pro was announced after the Scorpio was.
>>
>>377391303
They've posted here for 2 years.

Fucking little vermin who weren't even alive when Obama got into presidency are posting here.
>>
>>377391303

It's even weirder when you talk to a 16 year old whom you last saw as a baby.
>>
>2017
>buying a prebuilt computer with inbuilt DRM so you can pay for internet you already pay for and get jewed by a single company for accessories

People still stupid enough to buy consoles?
>Muh exclusives that come out on PC anyways
>>
>>377391303
>come march 2018
>100s of "post game consoles that were released on the year you were born" threads starts popping up
>all of them are ps2s
I-I'm not ready for this
>>
If the PS5 does happen, it will just need to be backwards compatible with PS4. Boom, there goes the worry of not being able to play games.'
And they could easily avoid having to release a new console but just simply making the Pro run better or specifically developing a game to run great on it.
>>
>>377391561
>PS4 - MUH GRAFIX AND MOVIES
>Xbox - MUH MICROSOFT AND POWER
>Nintendo - Fun

Lel.
>>
>>377391384
This post is highly ironic considering that PC gamers rejected paid mods and paid online, the latter of which microsoft tried to enforce and normalize on PC with GFWL Gold.
>>
Scorpio is just the MS answer to the PS Pro and nothing more.

It will not change the race in any way.
Why would any PS4 owner buy a Scorpio? You don't pay +400 bucks only for a slight performance upgrade. Scorpio is still the same generation so games will only run better - You don't get any additional benefits.
>>
>>377391616
I want you to post PC exclusives right now you deluded faggot. Oh wait, it doesn't fucking have any.
>>
>>377391561
If Microsoft hadn't put their 360 emulation on the back burner they could have fucking crushed that E3. Instead they opened with always online. What the fuck.
>>
>>377391567
And Sony can't simply let the other companies go ahead and leaving them behind. They are forced to create a new console by their opponents.
Don't worry, the ps5 will be most likely backwards compatible to calm down ps4 owners.
>>
>>377391738
>PC exclusives
>there aren't any

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>377391725
>Scorpio is just the MS answer to the PS Pro and nothing more.
Was Scorpio not in production for longer, if not as long as the Pro? The pro just got rushed out sooner.
>>
>>377391668
Which is funny since the Wii U had very little fun games and none of them were blown into memes like Splatoon. Such a bizarre console.
>>
>>377391575
The Scoprio literally just plays Xbone and W10 games at better performance and at 4k. Being the most powerful console doesn't' automatically make it next gen. Also what the fuck does the timing of announcements have to do with being next gen?
>>
>>377391393
>>377391243
It's mostly about raw power and continuity. Sony could have launched a $600 PS4 PRO that would, in effect, be next gen. But no one would buy it now. That same $600 PS4 PRO in late 2018 or late 2019, could be sold for $400. It'd be named PS5 and we'd call it next gen. That's about all the difference there is in hardware. The details don't matter in how they get to the better output.

Though, I think Sony will react only based on how the Scorpio does. However, I think they have to deal with the Switch. It's doing well and while not direct competitors to the PS4/X1, it's hard to imagine they won't take notice and adjust accordingly.
>>
>>377391668
What is this concept of fun? I thought games were supposed to be art.
>>
>>377391738
PC objectively has the most exclusives by far and the current generation of consoles has less exclusives than every gen before it.
>but pc exclusives are all shit cause reasons!
opinion
>>
>>377391807
Scorpio will be better than the Pro.
Actual 4k and 60 FPS on everything.

The Pro indeed only got rushed out so Sony can fuck MS over before they even could develop their own thing.
>>
>>377385692
Well, first, not really, 2018 seems reasonable considering that last gen not dying for too damn long was an anomaly.

Also, the problem with this gen is that hardware is so outdated, it was never indated.

It wasn't as big a leap as it was from PS1 to PS2 and from PS2 to PS3. PS4 is PS3.5 at best, PS3.25 at worst, because PS3.5 is PS4Pro.
>>
>>377391575
If the Scorpio is next gen than the Pro and the N3DS are in newer gens than the PS4 and the 3DS
>>
>>377391260
The last cross gen PS3/4 games released in late 2015 and by then were having features cut. So, you got maybe a 1-2 year transition phase. By 2015, you had Bloodborne, Witcher 3, and whatever else. It was starting to pick up.
>>
>>377391952
I think it had more to do with sales losing steam. Either way, MS is about to regret all the anti-60fps culture they brewed just like Sony did.
>>
>>377391920
wrong
Apple's iOS has the most exclusive games by a long shot
>>
>>377391920
Most console exclusives are also objectively shit shovelware
>>
File: 1488174884764.jpg (67KB, 591x636px) Image search: [Google]
1488174884764.jpg
67KB, 591x636px
There is no evidence to suggest this will happen. Sony's golden standard length for a generation is at least 6 years, and they just released a mid-cycle refresh.

I will eat my own pants if Sony announces another console.
>>
>>377392018
The pro-versions/scorpio existing is Sony and MS admitting that the ''30FPS are fine'' meme was a mistake.

Same shit will happen next generation with backwards compatibility.
PS5 and the new XBOX will both support PS4/ONE titles and MS and Sony will market that heavily.
>>
>>377391796
The Switch isn't competing with the PS4 and the Scorpio does nothing to force Sony's hand considering it's not getting any next gen exclusives. We're talking about the company that won console generations with the weakest hardware.
>>
>>377392013
you dont understand
PS5 will have the exact same architecture as PS4

PS3 is wildly different
>>
>>377391483
But that doesn't disprove the anon at all. Sitting comfortably at the top and making the big bucks, why start over so abruptly?
>>
>>377392081
Remember what happened when they delayed announcement and release?
Oh that's right they got slaughtered by Microsoft.
>>
>>377392032
Nope, even if you combine all android shovelware which is even more than ios, PC still has the most exclusives.
>>
>>377391807

They were making something like the pro but scrapped it in favour of the Scorpio.

>>377391842

Sony's main problem is Switch is going to take up a lot of share and Japanese development they automatically had because of Microsoft's fuck ups while PC is going to eat more of their hardcore base who are not brand loyal because of better features and customization. And if Sony loses Multiplat advantage, they lose the sales that comes with that. Destiny, COD and FIFA sell bucketloads more than their 1st party games. They need people to be in their ecosystem and people buying a couple of exclusives a year won't be profitable because their exclusives don't do Nintendo level sales unless bundled.

Expect a lot of reactionary moves. Destiny 2 content was only rumored 3 months before the PC version came into play and suddenly Sony paid to extend the period. And with the report that the PS4 version is a way off the PC version from the event yesterday. They are going to have to go into overdrive to keep all those Destiny players on PS4 or else they will skip for a better version.
>>
I think claiming it'll come out by the 2nd half of 2018 is a bit too crazy.

But Announcement in 2018's E3 with release somewhere in 2019 is plausible, desu.
>>
>>377391842
The only way it would be actually next gen if its was a new platform for new games. Performance is not the sole determining factor and continuity in marketing or namesake is meaningless.
>>
I am thinking later on in the year they announce the PS Pro Plus, it will hurt sales imo if they announce now

Maybe PS Experience or something
>>
File: 1463422197843.gif (256KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1463422197843.gif
256KB, 384x216px
>>377392167
>PS5 will have the exact same architecture as PS4
>>
File: 5m5vsEs.jpg (152KB, 1034x678px) Image search: [Google]
5m5vsEs.jpg
152KB, 1034x678px
>>377385532
>>377385692
JUST
>>
>>377392335
Why are you posting PS4 Pro?
>>
>>377392205
You mean back when they were launching actual next gen consoles?
The PS3 got slaughtered because it legitimately had no games 3 years into the 360's lifetime. The Scorpio isn't a new platform and most people do not care about difference in graphics and tech specs nearly as much as they care about price.
>>
>>377391672
Yeah but they lapped up steam exclusives, drm, shady business practices, free labor from the community, taking most of the profits away from devs, also workshop barely pays out anymore. PC fags are the biggest cucks of all with stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>377392370
Because they will go the way of Sega if they keep this shit up.
>>
Remember Sony and MS saying that console generations might completely disappear with them only releasing upgraded PS4 / One versions for all eternity?

Playstation and Xbox are both just glorified brand PCs nowadays.
>>
>>377392378
>do not care about difference in graphics and tech specs
Is that why the switch is outselling the Ps4?
>>
>>377385532
Sony would have to be fucking insane to release a new console now, it would alienate the PS4 player base, especially considering how few good exclusives the console really has. If it's just another generic console but with slightly more power then it'll flop. If it has some gimmick (probably trying to ape the Switch) then it'll still probably flop. Point is, they should just stick to their guns, keep making games, do price cuts, etc.
>>
>>377392302
Sony and MS are both on x86+GPGPU with homologous memory now. Granted the exact layout of their APUs and the exact graphic extensions they support have a few quirks, but fundamentally they're pretty standard, there will probably never ever be another true custom architecture ever again.

That completely changes the game in terms of backwards compatibility, capital expenditure requirements, how cheap new consoles can be launched at for profitability, how fast they can be developed, etc., all of which in turn changes the calculations for upgrade schedules. Sony and MS should be able to achieve perfect or perfect+ (ie., old games can actually run a bit better on newer kit) backwards compat from here on out. Breaking with the 360 and PS3 was painful but this was part of the payoff, now more core arch changes ever. In fact PS5 and Scropio will be the first major consoles ever that should be running the exact same core architecture (more specifically: being strict feature supersets, they'll have new stuff but the old won't have gone away) as the previous generations.

So basically it'll be more like the PC always has been in terms of being able to run games from a year or 5 years or 10 years or 15 years ago no problem and no porting. The differentiation of consoles will come down to a different focus in terms of the appliance-like nature, automated maintenance, and vastly decreased hardware target surface area from a dev point of view.

So every 5 years say will be different from before. No current games will stop working.
>>
>>377391841
>Also what the fuck does the timing of announcements have to do with being next gen?

It doesn't but the post before me said it exists to one up the PS4 pro.
>>
>>377392378
PS3 got slaughtered for a variety of reasons. It has an almost alien like architecture that was hard to develop for, so multi-plats ran and looked worse than on the 360. It was too fucking expensive, and as you said it had no games and was marketed poorly.
>>
>>377392464
>>377392459
>>377392451
>Playstation and Xbox are both just glorified brand PCs nowadays.
Unlike PC at least PS consoles have games tho and is like 1/2 the price
>>
>>377392459
The Switch costs $100 less than the PS4 on release and had Zelda. It's also been out for less than 6 fucking months.
>>
Did people really not see this coming a mile off?

We live in an age where people buy brand new $600 cellphones annually, they're just trying to bring that culture into videogames.
>>
>>377392451
>use usb, use wifi, literally using PC boards and DX 12/ Vulkan
>thinking you aren't being jewed for a walled garden and proprietary hardware with free DRM
They're already glorified branded PC's. The reason all the 3rd party exclusives come to PC is because it's fuck easy to port.
>>
>>377392216
wrong
>>
>>377390748
>All of MS releases have refered to it as it's own thing.

for BRANDING purposes. They want to get a relaunch effect because they know how far behind they are. They don't want you to think of it as just another iteration (which is what it is) because then they can't escape the effect that being as far behind as the xbone is has. They're in a bad situation so they're looking strong, that's sun tzu shit son.
>>
>You live in a timeline where every year there is a new console now
Really the worst timeline.
>>
>>377392562
You'd think the company behind FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS would be wiser.
>>
File: 1489993942520.gif (185KB, 673x379px) Image search: [Google]
1489993942520.gif
185KB, 673x379px
>>377392647
>>
>>377392546
>have games
>are 1/2 the price

Please go back to raddit. Ps4 hardware is basically being outdone by 6-7 year old GPUs now which you can buy for about $100.
>>
File: 1494835648904.jpg (20KB, 321x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494835648904.jpg
20KB, 321x397px
>>377385532

There's no way they'll make a new system that soon.

The 'mighty power' of the scorpio has everyone in some delusion that more power is enough and you 'dont have to' make new games for it
>>
>People are going to pay 500$-600$ again for a console
LOL
>>
>>377392201
What you have to understand is they aren't "starting over". They're competing at every step of the way, because if MS puts out a new console then they have the potential to take a part of the market back, which Sony wouldn't want. ESPECIALLY considering a large portion of their player base is compromised of people who made the switch to Sony following the initial flop of the bone. It's absolutely necessary for Sony to keep fighting for their spot, most people don't like the online functionality of the PS4 and they would be fucking suicidal if they didn't fight back on this one.
>>
>>377392496
You're correct, I was too lazy to include those things when I should have.
>>
>>377385692
This I literally just got my PS4 a few months ago.
>>
How long till sony and micronsoft drop a steam-machineesque console with their own proprietary parts to choose from
>>
>>377391483
That assumes scorpio does gangbusters. If it doesn't then sony can ride happily along on the "my firends got a PS4" train.
>>
>>377392603
Not an argument.
>>
>>377392601
That and the generation change fucking developers over. Especially in Japan.

Before the PS4 no animu game ever got released on PC with everything being Sony exclusive because Japan thought that stuff just doesn't sell outside of Sony platforms.

But when the PS3 got abandoned some of them tried to get into PC and succeeded.
Now pretty much every jap game gets released on PC outside of a few franchises and ATLUS stuff.

Sony and MS were holding those games hostage for too long.
>>
>>377392647

Cause they are still on the brink as a tech and media company and the only positive division outside of insurance and banking is the Gaming division. They are going to try keep as much as that market and cash flow as possible even if it means constant mobile phone like re-iteration because they need to get the other divisions firing again.

(Even though they should have cut Sony Pictures off like a tumor long, long ago)
>>
>>377392826
>Assumes scorpio does gangbusters
As long as it's the best Cod/ Madden machine available, that's what's going to sell. You stupid fucktards actually think normies care about first party exclusives.
>>
>>377392205
Back when 360 launched Microsoft money hatted tons of 3rd party exclusives and timed exclusives, ramped up their own 1st party studios, and advertised the fuck out of it. They had a year head start, and were at least $100 cheaper than PS3 and multiplats ran better on it.

Now, Microsoft has been shutting down their 1st party studios, they've stopped or significantly slowed down on their money hatting exclusives or timed exclusives, they no longer have the deals for first place to play the DLC for CoD games, and the 1st party games they do have they've been running into the ground.

I think the 360 was the perfect storm of everything going right for Microsoft at the right time and that's why they started off that gen so well. Short of Sony completely dropping the ball at the end of the PS4's life, I don't see Microsoft doing significantly better than they're doing now with their next gen console.
>>
>>377392546
Lol, the PC has more games than the PS4 does you idiot sonyger.
>>
>>377392698
Anon.

PS4 came out 4 years ago. It'll be 5 years old in 2018.
>>
>>377392863
Not an argument.
>>
>>377392546
Fuck off console warrior dipshit
>>
>>377392243
Sony retaining 3rd party support versus PC will be fine if the PS5 releases before the end of 2019. This is what happened at the end of the PS360 era, because developers/publishers had to keep one uping each other in graphics, they went to PC where hardware kept evolving. So, Sony pushes out PS5, it sells well, 3rd parties see it'll be good for their products and move here, while avoiding PC because Multiplats make most of their dosh on consoles anyways. Though this is changing depending on the markets, it's unlikely, save a huge disaster, that consoles will go out of favor in the West anytime soon.

The Switch will just become Japan's new Vita for the Japanese development scene. Well, maybe Nintendo can get some of those titles to be Switch exclusive, but why wouldn't you shoot for the PS4 as well when there's a huge PS4 install base overseas? Though the Switch could end up being big overseas, too, so that may be a wait and see thing.
>>
>>377392891
>Holding those games hostage
They weren't the publishers were just too lazy/thought it was too expensive and not worth porting.

A lot of your shit animu games are available on PC in Japan.
>>
>>377392903
But it's not, sony has the deals now. It doesn't matter if it's got slightly better graphics if they have to wait for the map packs and shit.
>>
>>377392924
>Not an argument
Not an argument.
>>
>>377392647
>>377392647

Only broke ass nerds on 4chan cared about the price. Most normal people have jobs.
>>
File: 33416292714_3b1679925b_o.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
33416292714_3b1679925b_o.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377392692
>>Please go back to raddit. Ps4 hardware is basically being outdone by 6-7 year old GPUs now which you can buy for about $100.

Show me a $100 PC that can outdo this then redditor cuk. I'll wait lmao
>>
>>377390218
PS4 came out in 2013, it's been four years.
>>
>>377392826
There are a lot of people who would be more than happy to go back to xbox, you have to understand this. I wouldn't want to initially of course but hell if they pulled out all the right moves, I'd be damn tempted. That's highly unlikely for someone like me but the normal gamer who use to play 360?
>>
>>377393005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxftTXJSVVE
>>
GTAIV was released 2 years after the PS3 was introduced.

Nothing was released 4 years after PS4 was introduced.
>>
>>377393005
Ah yes, more "lets alter the image to look better in photo mode like in uncharted 4 while the actual game looks nothing like this" meme Even fucking Crysis looks better than Horizon.
>>
>>377392903
So why isn't the PS4Pro the best selling console right now?

Normies only upgrade when the next system comes out, as in the next generation. People who buy the revisions are ones that either always get everything anyways or ones that skipped the first model.

If Scorpio isn't Xbox Two or whatever the fuck they want to call the next Xbox it literally won't matter because it's still the Xbox One and that isn't the PS4.
>>
>>377392891
>But when the PS3 got abandoned some of them tried to get into PC and succeeded.

No what happened was they stopped using weird ass proprietary game engines and started using unreal and other game engines where there's at least some fucking standard for porting.

SE ported FF because they used it for FF14 so they'd done the work with that engine to port to PC already.
>>
>>377392907
It's the exact same as what Sony have been doing.
The thing is that Microsoft is a company with unending resources second only to probably Apple and/or Google.
>>
File: 34127273891_873db82a25_o.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34127273891_873db82a25_o.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377392917
>10 year old games
>Early access
>Kikestarter games
>Mobas

all trash bruh. HZD clowns PC hardware u have to admit it
>>
>>377392996
Most normal people were mocking the retards selling away their stuff to buy a gameless system with critical design flaws. That said, a PS2 with HDMI output, wireless controllers and internal storage would be highly tempting at the right price.
>>
>>377393010
and PS4 pro late last year wow
>>
>>377392992
>>Not an argument
>Not an argument.
Not an argument.
>>
>>377393127
>it's older so it doesn't count
Sonygers still can't play it.
>>
>>377392991
>Sony has the deals now
Kek no, the reason the PS4 became the default COD machine was superior graphics for the same price. Now Microsoft is done pushing kinect you think they can't moneyhat as hard as Sony for some reason?
>>
>>377392917
Civ V and EU4 are the only decent games in the list.
>>
File: Dt3oEWf.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dt3oEWf.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377393103
full reddit cuk mode engaged. U cant do it just admit it. PS4 hardware and optimization of games means u will spend twice the amount of hardware to achieve a result somewhat simililar, only if the third party publisher gives a shit and adds sliders into their console ports

HZD rapes Cukvidia and CuckMD gpu cards, its just trash that cannot compete
>>
>>377393078
You can build a top end of for a hundred bucks? Link on parts?
>>
>>377392723
That's just retarded. So MS will keep releasing console after console because the normalfags don't want to bite their bait and the general global populace is aware of their schemes, especially with Windows 10, but why should Sony act so tactless and shortsighted and follow suit.

The basic argument is basically; x company releases new product, therefore y company has to stop all the games development right now and focus on a new toy that will show company x who's boss.

Why can't they just be like Nintendo and move on their own pace, but whenever there is a big hurdle its time to bump heads. While not bumping heads every single time they see something new from the competitor?

Also, you are over estimating the threat level of a new xbox competitor. Every normal fag knows that the games are going to be on PS4. Its what Sony's been aiming for for the whole gen. It'd be nuts to backtrack and betray all the consumer trust they built for PS4.

I'm sure they've seen by now that playing leap frog with MS with the PS4 Pro is not the right way to go. Citing statements from anons who say Pro under-performed sales wise of course.
>>
>>377392986
>A lot of your shit animu games are available on PC in Japan.

You know that a lot of the anime games that get released on steam are literally unavailable in Japan right because of region locking?

Also the average Japanese PC still uses integrated graphics.
>>
>>377393127
I built a PC for around $400 and it runs all multiplats better and all those games not only run better but look better than their PS4 counterparts.
>>
>>377392430
>steam exclusives
doesn't mean shit when it doesn't affect what hardware you can play them on unlike console exclusives. And if you think having to install a client is the same hassle as buying a $300 box you're completely retarded.
>drm,
I thought piracy was bigger on PC than consoles?
>shady business practices
This is vague and generic, nonetheless you don't get to argue about shady business practices when cosnole owners have been paying for online multiplayer for over 10 years now.
>free labor from the community
Are you talknig about mods? Sorry consoles don't have those. And if you're talking about community items the creators get paid for those
>taking most of the profits away from devs
30% cut is "not most of the profits" and it's much less than devs have to pay to ship and sell games at retail. Console companies literally charge a licensing fee to make games on their consoles so I don't know why the fuck you thought you were making a point here.
>PC fags are the biggest cucks of all with stockholm syndrome.
Congrats you successfully baited me with your stupidity. Typical console drone shithead.
>>
>>377392917
Reminder that a large portion of steam games in people's libraries don't even get started up once and that they have a cumulative of like 5billion hours in Dota2
>>
>>377393260
Not the same anon, you can't.
>>
>>377393201
>Scorpio is coming
>they didn't money hat COD, RDR2, or Destiny 2 for it
>instead they chose to moneyhat Ubisoft stuff
Anon, face it, they already fucked up. You're supposed to money hat the shit that's coming out soon. Wait for the next generation Xbox that's coming in 2019.
>>
>>377393147
Not an argument.
>>
File: dgRgWQ1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dgRgWQ1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377393161
kek I can play 99% of that gay shit on my pc right now bruh sorry you cant play HZD with mad graphics tho.

sike

im not even sorry lol
>>
>>377393201
>hello we wish to sign a deal for exclusive and timed content for the next X call of duty games
>your console appears to be selling the best and you're offering good money so we shall take this deal

You can't un-sign a contract.And sony wouldn't be daft enough to not try and lock them in for the majority of this generations expected lifespan.
>>
>>377392283
>if its was a new platform for new games.

So, people are saying the Scorpio is just revision. But the X1 will only be 4 years old by the time the Scorpio releases. The original Xbox was only 4 years old when the 360 released. One is "next gen" while the other is just a "refresh".

If Sony released a PS4 PRO 2.0 in 2019 with 8TFLOPs, a PS4 PRO 3.0 in 2022 with 20TFLOPs, I think you'd probably see games no longer support the PS4 which only has however many TFLOPs cause it would be old, unused and make your games look like shit, like old computers trying to run newer games.

Sony could keep the PS4 "brand" and just keep adding raw power, but they'd naturally keep adding raw power in a console form factor that optimized performance at the time of release. That's what you're seeing with the PRO and Scorpio.

But if the PRO and Scorpio released exclusive games on their systems, also wouldn't make them next gen. Or maybe it would. It's just not relevant outside of the raw power that's offered.

The only difference from a console perspective is that unlike PC, there's a clear point where software support will end. No more games on PS3 after 2017. No more games on PS4 after 2021. On PC, it's just "minimum specs".
>>
>>377393302
Most people don't beat, some don't even play, the games that they buy. do I need to go onto PSN to post pictures of how <50% of ps4 owners don't even beat the games they purchase?
>>
>>377393256
>cuk
>u

post discarded
>>
>>377393268
>he thinks region locking on PC games actually does anything

Oh my there sure are many retards for it.

>>377393325
>They didn't money hat CoD, RDR2, or Destiny 2 for it
They don't need to, they'll just moneyhat exclusive content for it.

Not like publishers are going to be moneyhatted anyway because the installbase of the PS4 is fuckhuge and those games are also releasing on legacy hardware.
>>
Sony would fuck over every ps4 slim and pro owner so unbelievably hard if they would do this, and they know it. Unless they make every upcoming game available on all four (!) platforms, there is just no way of this happening.
Plus, it still sells really well. (in b4 some retarded statistics about how MUH SWITCH kills it in japan)

Why do people keep making stupid bait threads based on tweets by absolute literally whos? And then people also keep falling for it and the thread reaches like 500 replies, I just don't get it.
>>
>>377393256
>more delirious sonyger babbling
>>
The leading party NEVER starts a new console race.

And nobody cares about Nintendo and what they do anymore because they don't compete with Sony and MS and do their own thing instead.

Microsoft are still busy with Scorpio so they won't release a new XBONE this year or next year.
2019 is the earliest possible date with 2020 being more likely.

>But the PS3 cycle was already so long and an exception!
The PS3 also didn't have to deal with the pro-model bullshit.
>>
>>377393302
Reminder that the vast majority of vidya consumers don't even finish their games regardless of platform and the most played console games are sports games and western shit like gta/COD/Minecraft
>>
>>377393356
>Exclusive timed content
Yeah well they can also make new exclusive timed content for other consoles you stupid nigger.
>>
>>377393369
Every game will still work on the previous consoles, no company will go "yes we want to ignore the majority of your userbase and produce a game exclusively for your mid-generation revision model."
>>
>>377385692
More like too soon for them to make the PS4 Pro obsolete, that shit isn't even a year old yet why would they announce the PS5 at E3 when the whole point of the Pro was to be a midlife hardware upgrade? Especially since there's been fuckall for graphical leap these past five years to truly warrant the next successor.
>>
>>377385692
True but neither Microsoft nor Sony planned on having the current gen last as long as the last. It's inevitable. Hence the stopgap measure of releasing a slightly improved version of their consoles.
>>
>>377393443
>Oh my there sure are many retards for it.

You have no idea how bad Japan is with a lot of technology. Especially PC stuff.

>>377393485
Only if sony don't actually have a brain.
>>
>>377393571
Sony literally said from the start the PS3 would last 10 years.
>>
>>377392472
>No current games will stop working.
Invariably a small number will stop working. And they'll no doubt put the burden of maintaining compatibility on developers, many of who won't bother.
>>
>>377393585
>japan is bad with technology
Hey moron, the region lock on steam games means dogshit when literal fansub groups can rip erogames and fucking patch content into it. Animu games are mostly shit dating sims anyway.
>>
>>377393571
PS4 sold 60 million. What's the point of having a new console now?
>>
>>377393585
>Sony don't actually have a brain
Sorry moron, Sony doesn't control 3rd party publishers and they're free to ink exclusive content deals with anyone.
>>
>>377392472
I had a long response written up but then closed the window.

To sum up, publishers don't want you to have BC. They wanna resell you the same game over and over again. MS is doing the BC thing but the publishers are getting something for that service. It's not about hardware when it comes to BC, it's about profitability, and Remasters/Remakes are a big thing now.
>>
>>377393369
The 3DS was just 4 years old when the the N3DS released, was the N3DS a next gen console?

Thinking that console generations are defined by just time frames is idiotic. The 360 wasn't a refresh of the original Xbox because it was an entirely new next-gen platform. The Scorpio is a revision of the Xbone platform with better performance and more support for W10 games.

And again, performance isn't the sole determining factor that decides generations so your argument is moot. The PS4 Pro could hypothetically be 3x as powerful as it is right now and it still wouldn't be next-gen.

>During its E3 2016 press conference, Microsoft announced an upcoming hardware refresh of Xbox One codenamed "Project Scorpio", which is scheduled to be released in late 2017. The console will be a high-end model with upgraded hardware that Microsoft claimed would make it the "most powerful console ever".
>>
>>377393701
You can't just sign a new exclusivity deal after you've signed one, that's called breach of contract, unless, as I said, sony didn't have enough brains to make it an actual exclusivity contract.

>>377393659
You're still talking about how the western scene operates.
>>
>>377393725
If publishers want to sell us the same games over and over again they are doing a shit job of it on PS4. Wheres Catherine or Ni No Kuni or Armored Core or Demon Souls or Dark Souls for PS4? Or are the publishers just leaving those cards hidden and going to play them later?
>>
>>377393443
They didn't moneyhat the exclusive content or even timed exclusive content. RDR2 has content first on PS4, and the PS4 marketing deal. COD has the same deal plus marketing. Destiny 2 has the same deal as Destiny 1 with one year exclusivity shit.

That's the point. Three of the big normie games this year are all pushing Sony, will have Sony all over their commercials and marketing, and have content available to Sony platforms well before the other platforms.
>>
>>377393265
>So MS will keep releasing console after console
Of course not, that wouldn't be a good risk or profitable.

>general global populace is aware of their schemes, especially with Windows 10

This literally does not matter, all that matters is what they do in the future and how they choose to market.

>but why should Sony act so tactless and shortsighted and follow suit.

There is nothing tactless in making moves against a competitor, you would be a fool to just ignore such a big play.

>The basic argument is basically; x company releases new product, therefore y company has to stop all the games development right now

No it isn't, you are rushing to conclusions. Why would they have to stop all game development? Don't be retarded

>Why can't they just be like Nintendo and move on their own pace, but whenever there is a big hurdle its time to bump heads.

Because MS and Sony compete more directly than they do with Nintendo. I would say a very large portion of gamers exclusively play between MS and Sony shit because those are the consoles that put out 95% of the new games.

>Also, you are over estimating the threat level of a new xbox competitor.

No you are actually underestimating it a fucking ton. All I'm saying is that Sony will make the right decisions to play back, and that could involve a PS5.

>Every normal fag knows that the games are going to be on PS4. Its what Sony's been aiming for for the whole gen. It'd be nuts to backtrack and betray all the consumer trust they built for PS4.

They aren't going to be able to stay on top if they have people leaving simply because of a stronger console. I know of a lot of people who generally like xbox more in terms of online but went with ps4, there's a lot of those and they would gladly go back. I don't think it's very likely, but it's definitely possible.
>>
>>377393201
>the reason the PS4 became the default COD machine was superior graphics for the same price

Why do people still not understand that PS4 became default mainly because of the shitty reactions the bone got and free marketing everyone did for sony as a result??
>>
>>377393832
Those games wouldn't sell so it isn't worth porting them. No one gives a shit about Catherine or Ni no Kuni. The only thing that would probably sell is a DeS remaster, and there's no point in remastering Dark Souls because it was a multiplat.
>>
>>377393908
Newfags.
>>
>>377393201
It was actually $100 less than the Xbone due to the Kinect.
>>
>>377393908
Same way the 360 became the normie machine when FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE WEAKSPOT RIDGE RACER happened. At this point the winner is always the one that lets the other guy fuck up.

Which chances are will be Microsoft again since they have no clue what the fuck they're doing anymore.
>>
>>377393808
>The PS4 Pro could hypothetically be 3x as powerful as it is right now and it still wouldn't be next-gen.

Eh, if the PRO was 3 times as powerful and sold for $400, that'd totally be next gen. Power is the determinant, because at a certain point, newly developed games won't play on the less powerful hardware and development support will drop for it.

If we kept getting tiny 3DS "revisions" for 100 years, eventually, there'd be a cut off point where developers would stop supporting older models and it wouldn't be based on time, you're right. It'd be based on power. Architecture is just how you get to the power.
>>
>>377394075
They never did, it's just that sony tried to go for a killing blow and it overreached hard.
>>
>modern consoles share pretty much the same architecture
>same with PCs
>80+ Million userbase and growing

Sony (or MS) will not release a console without backward compatibility at this point. Sure, you may not be able to play the PS5 labeled version on the PS4, but old games will work.
Consoles have adopted the update mechanic of the pc. Want to play the newest sony game with the best graphics? Get a PS5 and also play your PS4 games on it.
>>
>>377394129
>newly developed games won't play on the less powerful hardware and development support will drop for it.

They'll always aim for the lowest common denominator. They will only shift when they actually HAVE to, because no one wants to ignore the millions of people that already have a console.
>>
>>377394129
>Eh, if the PRO was 3 times as powerful and sold for $400, that'd totally be next gen

Not if its the exact same platform as the PS4. Power is not the sole determinant.

>Architecture is just how you get to the power.
In other words it's not just based on power
>>
>>377394075
>At this point the winner is always the one that lets the other guy fuck up.

Absolute truth, I honestly don't think it would be a long shot to think scorpio would be their last console. Feels like they just want to integrate with PC and try to take the market away from Steam or some shit.
>>
>>377385532
>The prediction comes from analyst

I can't believe this thread got 400 replies for nothing
>>
>>377393823
You had to buy a PS4 version of GTAV. Couldn't just use your PS3 disc. Same will happen when the PS5 drops. You'll have to get a PS5 version of GTAVI.
>>
>>377385692

I COMPLETELY agree. PS3 died prematurely too.

PS4 is only now STARTING to show a respectable collection.
>>
>>377389882
>instead just pay $50 for more RAM
Feels good, man.
>>
>>377392562
Anyone who thinks that the market for smartphones and video game consoles are the same and can both support short term lifecycles is extremely retarded. We're talking about two vastly different use cases here.
>>
>>377394190
Microsoft is about to run headlong straight into monopoly trouble again with Windows 10S since they're making it impossible to make any browser but Edge the default browser. It's like they forgot they got in trouble for trying to do the same thing with Internet Explorer.

Microsoft has gone full retard beyond retard.
>>
>>377394264
The line between gen is blurred anyway due to stagnation in graphics technology, this gen will stretch for a long time and hopefully allow games to catch up and budgets to at least stablize for a while.

The entire industry especially PC hardware manufactures needs to stop trying to push graphics on us and just go away for a while while game devs just work
>>
>>377389469
is she single?
>>
>>377394264
>PS3 died prematurely too.
It lasted over 7 years and it was still officially supported up until last year. The PS4 isn't even 4 years old yet.
>>
>>377385532
>predicted
>not given the information to "leak" to build up hype
fucking christ can't you people think for yourselves?
>>
>>377394185
>They will only shift when they actually HAVE to, because no one wants to ignore the millions of people that already have a console.

There are still more PS3 consoles out in the wild than PS4 consoles. It's not true they shoot for the LOWEST common denominator. It's more like a standard deviation graph. They shoot for where most of the users are and users like to upgrade for pretty graphics and shit.
>>
File: 1432095425138.jpg (321KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
1432095425138.jpg
321KB, 782x788px
>>377394370
>PC hardware manufactures needs to stop trying to push graphics on us
>>
>>377394482
They also get to ride on the new console hype and can generally assume they'll get a good install base for being one fo the few games.
>>
>>377394370
This post just reminded me that /v/ is mostly underage.
>>
>>377394482
>and users like to upgrade for pretty graphics
No they don't. Especially if sales of the Pro vs base PS4 shows us anything.
>>
>>377385532
>accurately predicting ps4 pro/slim before they were out
Sure he did.
>>
>>377394489
To be honest I have to agree. Graphics are the only thing getting better and it's fucking with everything else. Level design, game mechanics, AI, art design have all gone to shit in the push for graphics.
>>
>>377394489
>being this much of a goyim
>>
File: moviegame.jpg (136KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
moviegame.jpg
136KB, 720x960px
>>377394791
>>
File: sadhklsakdl.jpg (141KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sadhklsakdl.jpg
141KB, 1500x1500px
i miss ctt
>>
>releasing a console when the current one still has no games
>>
File: 1495156874567.png (226KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1495156874567.png
226KB, 480x433px
>PS5 SOON
>STILL NO GAMES
>>
>>377395013
>sony caring about games
>>
>>377389469

how does someone keep their ears so clean?
>>
>>377394791
I can't tell if you're fucking serious or not.
>>
>>377393835
>that spacing
Are you memeing me? Go back to rpcmasterrace.

Also
>power is everything, MS is as much of a threat as last gen
Just stop. You're just brute forcing your statements earlier with twice as many spaces and words.
Sony doesn't have to take MS as seriously and sacrifice pole position because most of the third parties already hate MS and are unlikely to jump to their new system.
Nintendo is the most serious competitor right now and MS is nonexistent.
>>
>>377391952
>Actual 4k and 60 FPS on everything.
Yeah sure kid. PC's struggle to do so and you think a shitty microjew console will.
>>
>>377395296
If you think that isn't the truth then chances are the only thing you give a shit about are graphics. Even physics simulations are worse than what they used to try to do.
>>
>>377393462
sony has journos on their side and neogaf numbers will outnumber anyone who dares question sony.

Sony will not get any backlash.
>>
>>377387536
Tell me some games that are mandatory
>inb4 dlc is cut from main game
>>
>>377393462
they already fucked over ps4 owners with the pro
>>
>>377388684
no?

seen so many sonybros saying the wiiu was a failure and too short, and it's basically the same
>>
>>377391824
but that's wrong, you retard
>>
>>377385532
>While PS4 Pro is going to ease the market into 4K
pfffft hahahaHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377386618
>why would they be afraid?
they aren't selling that much games compared to the console volume they move. And the customer base seems to only wat 3 games genre.
Basically they realize they got the wii generation that grew up.
>>
>>377394287
It's almost like it's worth the risk to them, Valve did the same shit with the whole refund debacle.
>>
What Sony needs to do is release a PS4 Ultra with backwards hardware support for all previous PS models. I'd buy it.
>>
>>377395381
Oh fuck off, I ended up spacing like that because I wanted to address those certain points specifically.

Also you don't know what you're talking about honestly, I will say it again, only a complete fool ignores moves that his competitor makes. Sony doesn't have to RELEASE shit right now. But if they just mentioned it and hyped shit then that's still a play.
>>
>>377385692
Too soon perhaps, but Sony will still do it regardless.
>>
>>377396651
>Oh fuck off, I ended up spacing like that because I wanted to address those certain points specifically.
Reddit spacing. Lurk more. Nobody posts like that but you.
>>
There won't be a next generation lol.
Only iterative upgrades
>>
>>377396815
Not him but it is a quite common method of spacing used in emails and many other methods of text based conversation. People have been using it here before reddit even existed. Stop being such a memesprouting newfag and lurk more.
>>
>>377385532
>still no games on the PS3
>still no games on the PS4
>PS5

Ok.
>>
>>377385532
>PS5 TO BE SHOWN OFF AT E3
you niggers need to stop
Scorpio is coming this E3 while you just spreading some bits of shit from twitter on /v/.
>>
>>377396815
>underage newfag telling me to lurk more over one post
>no arguments

kill yourself
>>
Lol no. You would have heard about it by now.
Remember the switch announcement? Yeah we didn't know about NX until 2 weeks before that surprise announcement... Oh no wait...
But i mean Scorpio came out of... Nope. Okay but nobody knew about the ps4.5 until the pro was announced...
>>
I'll be kind of pissed if PS5 comes out in the near future, or even a more powerful PS4. I just got my first ps4 (got a pro).

I guess it will be a couple years before there are games anyway... unless its bwc.
>>
>>377386217
Literally the only thing I care to know about.
>>
>>377388573
thats because development time is stretching out as well, gen 7 lenght was the effect.
maybe they'll shit out a new console, but they'll keep ps4 and xbone longer than they did with 360/ps3 during the transition
>>
>>377385532
How many companies can even afford to make games on more powerful hardware with comparable graphics to Activision and EA titles? I don't see how the industry can sustain itself the way it is, developers need to finally stop chasing the Call of Duty audience or they aren't going to last another hardware upgrade.
>>
>>377385532
But where's Ape Escape 4?
>>
>>377385532
No, fuck off, this gen had just barely gotten its fucking momentum.
>>
>>377393342
>sike
>nigger language
>playstation

holy shit the memes are real
>>
>>377385692
this. I think I'm done with video games. console at least.
>>
File: 1494636529110.png (585KB, 2000x1519px) Image search: [Google]
1494636529110.png
585KB, 2000x1519px
>>377398410
You don't understand. Microsoft is releasing the scorpio. Time for PS5!
>>
>>377391561
>PS4
>Game Library
>>
>>377398526
graphics whores ruined gaming.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves. go comparing framerates and rock textures, you autists.
>>
>>377385532
Too early for me, there's only like 2 ps4 exclusives I want to play, library is not at it's peak yet imo, ps4 should still have another 5+ years left.
>>
>>377398534
Notice that only Xbox and Wii U owners mentioned exclusive games
With "PS4 game library" they basically meant CoD and GTA instead
>>
File: ffxv-rock-tweet.jpg (88KB, 533x419px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv-rock-tweet.jpg
88KB, 533x419px
>>377398618
THEY'RE MINERALS
>>
>>377398618
I'm with you anon. Its just that I was told that that was the case so I shouldn't oppose it. But I'm sure that the majority has spoken in the thread and everyone agrees its too soon.

We haven't gotten God of War, TLOU Part 2, and Death Stranding yet. No Ace Combat 7 yet either.
>>
>>377388684
it really doesn't work like that.

diminishing returns and all that. games now aren't even utilizing what they have to do anything meaningful. and what happens when we finally reach "good enough"?
then what? will you people finally focus on actual gameplay? or just move onto some other hobby because you never really gave a shit about the medium in the first place? I'm guessing the latter.
>>
>>377398758
This tweet gets me every time.
>>
>>377389986
it doesn't feel like we got anything worthwhile is why it doesn't seem long. in the past development costs weren't astronomical so devs could churn out quality titles within a reasonable timeframe. now they struggle to poop out a single middling 3 hour long "AAA" title. and it's only going to get worse. 70 dollar games anyone? how about 6 years being the standard development cycle? why anyone would want that is baffling.
>>
File: c9uph1lxyaadkc07ckez.jpg (351KB, 1498x2048px) Image search: [Google]
c9uph1lxyaadkc07ckez.jpg
351KB, 1498x2048px
>>377390394
New "platforms" are dead.
Everything from this point on will be following an iPhone/Android release cycle where a higher spec machine is released each year with the same software ecosystem.
Games will only vary in their resolution, framerate, and image quality.
Eventually, older console models will not be given OS upgrades, and newer titles will be incompatible.

Console generations are over.
>>
File: disgusted-homer-57b1df51a45ab.jpg (33KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-homer-57b1df51a45ab.jpg
33KB, 600x886px
>>377398758
I'm done with this hobby.
>>
What's the fucking point of getting a PS4 then when it only has 15-20 good games and it will stop getting games in 2018? Fuck.

I think I'm finally going to build a strong computer and just hope that I can emulate every single console eventually.
>>
>>377395490
Dark Souls 3 comes to mind.

It is, contemporary DLC is often in development along the rest of the game. They don't whip up and playtest another batch of content in just a month or two, you know.

>>377395816
Yeah, no, try that with someone who doesn't own the thing.
>>
File: 1494807744020.png (165KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
1494807744020.png
165KB, 400x362px
>>377385532
I know console generations are generally 5 years.
But the PS4 only started getting games this year.

The reason there was such a long generational gap last gen is because not only is it more expensive to produce video games for modern consoles, but it also takes more time.

I HIGHLY doubt this is going to happen. If it is, Sony just might end up poisoning any goodwill they had with the gaming community.
>>
File: 1373532259747.jpg (57KB, 1024x445px) Image search: [Google]
1373532259747.jpg
57KB, 1024x445px
I will honestly never buy another Sony product if they actually do this. I'm still waiting for the PS4 to get good exclusives. Already sold off my Xbone for this exact reason.
>>
>>377398945
>Implying that mobile even has a function beyond small casual games, and emulators
I'm betting moreso on PC replacing consoles.
>>
>>377399213
to be fair to dark souls 3, they feel like distinct experiences separate from the main game rather than cut content. sure they were made at the same time, but, they don't feel cut off and tacked back on.
>>
There is a ridiculously bold play here that Sony could do and win the console war for a long ass time.
>release ps5
>make ps4pro/ps5 cross gen titles, ps4 owners would have to upgrade to ps5
>release ps5pro, aimed at the people who have a ps4pro, new games run on ps5,ps5pro and some maybe even on the ps4pro
>make the life cycle shorter, but also cut prices so that people don't spend that much more (Sony could probably get away with only 30% cut)
I'm convinced this would crush xbox.
Shame it is probably too risky for Sony.
>>
>>377399787
See
>>377392335
>>
>>377399787
>crush Xbox
Nigga they crushed themselves. They going full Windows now.
If Sony did this, they would only create bad blood with customers. It's far too soon considering the PS4 still sells well.
Not to mention the Pro flopped
>>
>>377399347
I feel like it's some sort of rule that the minute a console company pulls ahead of the pack, they begin shooting themselves in the dick.

It happened to Nintendo, it happened to Sony, it happened to Microsoft. I don't really know enough about how the Nintendo/Sega years panned out to say whether Sega committing suicide was following it managing to pull ahead of Nintendo any significant amount.
>>
>implying these PS5 rumors weren't started by microsoft to slow PS4 sales and let Scorpio get a bump
>>
>>377400114
Genesis was outselling the SNES for a long time, but then Nintendo pulled ahead and the Sega CD appeared, then they pushed out the 32x and Saturn within a year of each other.

And we all know it was too late once the dreamcast came out. Killed by both customers not trusting sega, and PS2 hype
The Wii U may have been a flop, but at least Nintendo waited til it stopped selling before releasing the Switch and we actually got a bunch of good games from the console that never could.
>>
>>377400392
People like to post the gif of Nintendo's yearly profits vs. Sony's game divisions. The real point though is that Nintendo is consistently keeping within their means, as it were. Even a flop like the WiiU years only minorly affected the profit. There was their fist nonprofitable year in forever some years back, and it lasted for something like two or three years before they climbed back up. Each console unit and game sold was still profitable on their own. Obviously, investors aren't just going to be satisfied with "well, we're not actually losing money here, we're just making a minuscule profit," so they need a win to get back up to non-desperation levels.

This has a lot to do with Nintendo really only having their games, I'd wager. For awhile, Sony could stomach game division losses because there was also every other fucking thing Sony had to back it up. I think they also get subsidies from the Japanese government because they want to keep their big companies afloat? Microsoft too can just shovel its billions of dollars into the dumpster fire of their game division. Since each one operates as a larger mega corp, they can push more out in their games divisions as part of their brand. Nintendo is just Nintendo, and you see that a lot in their lower spec of tech since Sony and then Microsoft began swinging their big dicks around. But like Nintendo, this only lasts as long as their overall company is willing to allow it. We've heard rumblings for years that the higher ups of Microsoft have never really liked the performance of Xbox sector. Though I guess that hasn't really stopped them, except maybe it might explain boneheaded moves like trying to sell the Xbone as an all-in-one media device. Right now Sony's game division is apparently the only thing doing well, which doesn't bode well for how they've been handling finances previously. I have to imagine that puts some pressure on them to not fuck things up with a PS3-tier announcement.
>>
>>377400931
>We've heard rumblings for years that the higher ups of Microsoft have never really liked the performance of Xbox sector. Though I guess that hasn't really stopped them, except maybe it might explain boneheaded moves like trying to sell the Xbone as an all-in-one media device.

Microsoft is run by a bunch of idiots who struggle to compete with previous versions of Windows, it's not really surprising that they do stupid shit with their vidya games division.
>>
I'm tired of all this jewry and overpriced consoles getting obsolete after a year lifetime, so I bought a PC.
Fuck you Sony seriously.
>>
>>377398618
>graphics whores ruined gaming.

PS4 is not a significant leap over PS3 and it still looks worse than my low spec PC. It's getting harder and harder to justify new hardware when they aren't even scratching the surface of what the old hardware should be capable of.
>>
>>377385532
>have steady flow of money and leading the race
>wants to move everything and restart the race over again before they even reach the end
that's pretty stupid of Sony if they are really doing that.
this isn't ps2 era anymore, moving to a new console this soon is a dumb move.
5 years is not enough for consoles.
but whatever, it's their business.
>>
But for real it's not PS5, it's just a PS4ProSlim.
>>
crazy

nearly a whole generation has passed and only one good game came out of the PS4
>>
Console manufacturers courted the casual normalfag audience with the 360/PS3 generation.

This is the audience that will not buy a $500 console every other year. There's a reason 360 and PS3 generation lasted SO LONG, with Japan still having clingers-on refusing to retire their PS3 because fuck the PS4. If they wanted to drop a lot of money like that they could just join the PC Master Race (except even then you don't have to dump $500 every other year unless you're an grafixwhore who NEEEEEEEDS cutting-edge video card or a coinminer who is burning his hardware and electricity to turn it into cryptocurrency.)
>>
>>377385532
>377385532
>predicted PS4 slim and Pro
We have ourselves a gaming prophecy /s
>Arrive in 2nd half of 2018
>2018
Even more proof that this is pure speculation
>>
File: 1486547494021.jpg (62KB, 960x460px) Image search: [Google]
1486547494021.jpg
62KB, 960x460px
>>377401804
PS4ProSlimPro when?
>>
>>377385692
not for roachies and normies
>>
>>377399573
>implying that was what the post implied
You obviously don't need to use mobile hardware to follow a mobile-like release cycle.

PC has already replaced consoles, it's just dressed up with a brand name.
>>
>>377392562
No one buys brand new phones each year, they flip contracts or upgrade within that. Very few of those purchases arent subsidized.

Now if Sony goes the subsidized route, then we have something fucking weird. I know Microsoft kind of tried it with Live subscriptions.
>>
>>377389090
That's what the pro is
>>
>>377403662
>if you stop paying your contract, you lose access to your games
Not sure I like the implications of that, though I guess they'd just all be offline only and you'd be stuck on the last system you got. Since that's how it works with their free* games.

Where would you get them though? I haven't been in the phone loop for ages but presumably all the phone stores are owned by one of the providers, so they're quite happy to have floor space for their phones you aren't technically buying. Meanwhile there's the rare Microsoft stores, even rarer Nintendo ones, and no Sony stores. How would they convince retailers to provide shelf space for these systems if no one is actually buying them? Offer them a cut?
>>
>>377389049
The Switch was made because the WiiU wasn't successful enough. Or good enough,
in my opinion.
>>
>>377399787
>no mention of game
>crush xbox
>win the console war
Holy shit please tell me you're underage
>>
>>377385532
If this happens, PS4, XBONE and wiiU gen will be irredemably declared as the unhypest, weirdest, most convulse console gen so far. PS4 just barely started to get a decent game catalogue and they already want to call it a day with that?

Fuck them. PS4 is not even doing bad like the wiiU. There's literally no point.
>>
>>377385532
what a fucking retard
relying on the ccock up his asss to tell him whene to shit
>>
>>377404061
The Switch is the Wii U. But with a different name, more marketing and simply portable.
>>
>analysts
not a fucking chance
>>
>>377385532
It's just going to end up looking more like a PC. Not sure why everyone is excited about it.
>>
>>377404194
no
>>
>>377389882
yeah instead you are P.Cuck who have to spend more.
>>
File: 1483915193008.jpg (14KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1483915193008.jpg
14KB, 250x219px
>>377385692
It feels short because I didn't buy one until Bloodborne.
>>
>>377385532

I guess it has been almost 4 years. If they announce it now and show it off the next two years then we should see it around 2022.

Time sure does fly.
>>
>>377390565
i can confirm, I preordered a PS4 the moment that DRM shit was announced and I was a proud 360 owner.
>>
The sad thing is

Sony's stupid enough to do it.
>>
File: 1488778744674.jpg (87KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488778744674.jpg
87KB, 900x900px
>>377404452
you get what you pay for
>>
>>377389414
>PS3 7th gen real cycle didnt started till about 2009

Ps4 had the same problem, probably even worse. There was no reason to own one before 2015, and in 2017 it's finally become a worthwhile library.

Games take so long to develop now that a new generation any time before 2019/2020 would be sucicide. We'd end up with 3 years of cross generation games because they all started Developmemt aiming to run on Xbone, new tech wouldn't be utilised properally until devs made exclusives (or generation exclusives at least). Since that would take years on top of devs finishing all the current games we know about, it would mean a ps5 would be pointless before 2020 anyway.

What they should do is
> let all currently in development games come out over the next 3 years
> design ps5 to release in 2020
> share this with devs now with estimated hardware specs
> let them start and move into full time development when current projects release, so Ps5 has a killer selection of launch titles

Insomniac should have Spiderman this year, thier next AAA PS exclusive would have plenty of time for a Ps5 launch in 3 years.
After TLoU2 Naughty Dog will be done with ps4, can start making something impressive for Ps5
Same with Santa Monica after God of War
Gurrilla Games just finished Horizon, plenty of time to make a awesome game for ps5
If Sony's smart they'll have a Moyazaki directed "Souls" game as a launch title

Ps5 anytime before 2020 would have no games. Before 2019 would be a complete disaster. It's not like Ps1-ps2 where you can have a studio make a AAA exclusive in just over a year for a seamless generation transistion.
>>
>>377385532
Yes let's saturate the market with even more expensive hardware Sony. Good job Sony.
>>
I still don't really feel like I've gotten my fill from my PS4
If the PS5 really is less than a year away I'll be pretty pissed.
>>
not happening. too soon.
>>
File: 1490568843857.png (67KB, 1120x977px) Image search: [Google]
1490568843857.png
67KB, 1120x977px
>ps4 pro has sold less than nintendo switch
>>
>>377409920
>retards don't buy the same console twice

Wish I could say the same for those people who get every color of every Nintendo system.
>>
File: Japanese_Pepe_001_Rare.jpg (231KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_Pepe_001_Rare.jpg
231KB, 1280x800px
>tfw console manufacturers are slowly transitioning into a smartphone type model where a new version is released yearly so retards rush to gobble it up and give them more shekels.

Oh boy, I can't wait to have my PS4 Pro S+ (TM) this fall! Everyone know's it's the greatest gayming machine around! That is until Ps4 Pro S++ comes out!!!!
>>
File: 1490111514842.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490111514842.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
why are people bootyblasted, it's been 4 years or did you just buy the consoles last year
>>
>>377409920
>announce up-gunned PS4
>cautiously optimistic for a 1080p 60fps vidya box
>dude 4k lmao who wants extra frames?

Sony deserves everything they get for that mess.
>>
File: 1487943342591.jpg (22KB, 225x255px) Image search: [Google]
1487943342591.jpg
22KB, 225x255px
Man, it feels like the PS4 came out yesterday.
I mean, the PS3 is still getting games like Persona 5.
>>
>>377410195
PS4 has less than ten wortwhile games and restarting the cycle in 2018 would just repeat the same shitshow of Terrible Launch to No Gaem Season. And this time they probably don't even have BB to save their ass.
>>
>>377410195
considering they released the PS4 Pro not even half a year ago

it'd be pretty much a kick in the face for consumers
>>
>>377387000
There will be no improvement since consoles are just pcs nowadays. The ps3 had such unusual architecture that it took some time to figure it out, hence the improvent. PS3 was also a monster hardware-wise when it came out compared to ps4.
>>
>>377390250
They will release GTAVI on the PS4 as well, if it's not too ambitious. It would be stupid to ignore such a huge playerbase
>>
File: awoo.png (7KB, 337x301px) Image search: [Google]
awoo.png
7KB, 337x301px
who here watching every e3 during the e3 countdown? RIIIIIIDGE RACEEEEER
>>
>>377410368
>Sony E3 2017
>lights dim, Hidetaka Miyazaki comes out on stage
>I want to thank the playstation fanbase for being large supporters of the Souls series and Bloodborne. Your support means the world to us which is why we are excited to bring to you today an announcement for Bloodborne 2
>crowd goes wild
>trailer starts up of bloodborne 2 showing a new locale, all new trick weapons, amazing boss fights etc
>the hype is real
>trailer fades to black
>text appears
>"Coming Fall 2018"
>crowd erupts in excitement
>"Exclusively for the Playstation 5"
>confused silence and concerned murmurs
>next announcemnt is le Sony Meme man annoucing the PS5 launching next fall for the low low price of $799 US Dollars

/v/ would never recover.
>>
File: yep.png (107KB, 510x266px) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
107KB, 510x266px
>>377410195
Because Sony's old meme was 10 year console life cycles, even if new hardware shows up. People who buy consoles are poor, or cant afford something better. They do not buy consoles for the manufacturer they buy from to abandon their platform.

So to expect them to adopt new hardware again, this early, especially when late adopters may just be getting it is ludicrous. 4 years is not a long time in the lifespan of a console.

I believe this is the fault though, of Sony and them trying to go after the PC market. They've spent so much marketing money trying to push this idea that they can compete, that their "graphics are better", and that PS4 is equal to PC gaming (this is why we have so many copypaste shitposty threads) that it's not shocking to see them want to upgrade their shitty hardware which is barely pushing above 20FPS on some games.

This is very anti consumer in the end, and those that fell for the "PS4 MEME"...all 50million of them or so, have a right to be angry. And no marketer/shill damage control scripts can change this.
>>
>>377410648
as long as games are on both consoles for another 4-5 years it's not a problem
>>
>>377410195
I wouldn't blame anyone for only getting a PS4 recently. There are like 3 games in total which I find interesting on the platform, I haven't even bought one for that very reason.
>>
I hope this isn't true; it's way too early for a PS5.
>>
File: are these niggas serious.png (142KB, 299x252px) Image search: [Google]
are these niggas serious.png
142KB, 299x252px
>>377410834
Ok, so what are consumers going to do when PS5 is running games that the PS4 cant even load? I'm talking shit that requires an entirely different engine making the game an exclusive. And don't even go thinking a downgrade is going to help. PS4 wont even be able to load the basic models and textures, especially when its struggling to run its own titles right now. It would be like expecting Nintendo switch to run PS4's games.

They cant make it a small upgrade to help bridge that gap either, especially if they intend to make the platform worth any investment at all. Consumers aren't going to fall for the same braindead minimal upgrades, if they did PS4 pro woulda sold better.
>>
>>377411689
No one mentioned Nintendo. Stop the shitposting.
>>
>>377385692
Didn't stop Sony before :^)
>>
File: 1478382705767.gif (2MB, 333x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478382705767.gif
2MB, 333x249px
Are they speeding up console generations as a way to punish people who don't adopt early?
>>
>>377385532
>famous for accurately predicting the PS4 Pro and Slim before they were announced

How is that even a thing? Sony has been producing alternate models for the Playstation since it's inception.

Here I can do it too. The Playstation 5 will have alternate models as well. You heard it here first. Now I'm famous too.
>>
>PS4 would be 5 years old
>PS4 would only actually have been getting games for 2 years

Too soon. 2013/14/15 were absolute fucking jokes. PS4 is trash if it's replaced next year.
>>
File: Pokemon.png (293KB, 403x317px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon.png
293KB, 403x317px
>>377413062
>'Adopt early'
You mean, waste money on products they don't know if they'll like?
>>
>>377385532
how fucking dense are the people over there are sony? they just released the pro and are going to fuck over all their ps4 playerbase if they release ps5 that early.
>>
>>377410261
kek
>>
>>377413682

It wouldn't come out for 3-4 years.

Unless they pull a microsoft and release the console during the conference and piss off everyone that just bought one.
>>
File: 1462695329745.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462695329745.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
If the madmen actually do it I will lose my fucking mind. The PS4 was literally only worth owning this fucking year. It took them 5 fucking years to get a decent killer library for the thing and you're seriously suggesting they neck the PS4 and start a new lifecycle?

It would be the most Sony thing Sony has ever done, its not at all going to happen but if it does it will be hysterical.
>>
File: For wut purpose.gif (744KB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
For wut purpose.gif
744KB, 293x240px
>>377410261
>Thought you were joking
>Check
...why though
>>
I feel like the announcement and release of the PS5 would be a quick and scared response to the Scorpio, but that would require the Scorpio to be scary.

The specs make it sound like a goddamn powerhouse but all the power in the world means dick and shit if there's nothing to do with it.
>>
>>377385532
>All this planned obsoletion polluting the world with obsolete hardware.

nerds truly ruin the world.
>>
File: kinmosa12c.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kinmosa12c.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>377385532
>PS4 and XBone turn four years old in November
Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday when the XBone was getting bashed on for DRM restrictions and TV
>>
>>377414074

Just think of all you've done with your life since then, though.
>>
>>377413875

Sony is releasing the Emoji Movie this year. They have plenty of Sony decisions left in them.
>>
File: 131241847321.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
131241847321.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
HAVE FUN BUYING A NEW CONSOLE EVERY YEAR CONSOLEFAGS
>>
File: hhehehe.png (73KB, 492x2027px) Image search: [Google]
hhehehe.png
73KB, 492x2027px
>>377414074
And then Sony did it too
Time sure flies
>>
>>377385532
PS5 will innovate by being a hybrid console / handheld combination
>>
>>377385532
The PS4 pro exists to not have to make a PS5.
The sony dominance comes from their online network, and if they create a brand new system with brand new games that can't play online with the older ones, well, they will give microsoft exactly what they need.
>>
File: 1435455288069.jpg (85KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1435455288069.jpg
85KB, 400x359px
>>377385532

Mfw there are people who are going to buy the PS5

>Mfw the PS5 Slim comes out a month later
>Then the PS5 PRO comes out 6 months later

>Then we get a PS6

This is the consequences of Sony winning, they don't give a fuck and are coming for your wallets.
>>
>>377414259

That was canceled
>>
>>377414375
This. There hasn't been a company as innovative as Sony.
>>
>>377385532

welcome to buying new hardware every couple years console fans :^)
>>
>>377404564
The DRM was announced before the PS4 reveal though…
>>
>>377414419
This is why i'm waiting a few years. I'm a PC main but I still play on the PS4 and Switch for exclusives.
>>
>>377414307

To be fair there was a huge difference. When Microsoft did the TV shit they pretty much ONLY showed TV shit. Sony onky spent 1/3 of their time on it.
>>
>>377414458

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_nfdzMhmrA
>>
>>377385532
Why are these companies so retarded? The only reason to get a console over pc is if you don't care about specs and want something you don't have to upgrade as often.
>>
>>377385692
Are you serious? 5 years is the standard length of a console's life before a successor is announced.

Just because 7th gen took forever to die doesn't make this one an exception.
>>
>>377414695
I wonder how many children browsing this board starting gaming with PS360
>>
>>377414695
Standard length was fucking jewish, 7th gen was perfect length
>>
File: 1470724255227.png (460KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470724255227.png
460KB, 800x600px
>>377414583
Just kill us already, Russia
>>
>>377414040
>planned obsoletion

stop being retarded
>>
>>377414940
>>377414770
I chalk it up to the influx of normies getting into vidya. Thankfully they're dying off slowly and we're going back to being a more niche market.
>>
>>377410195
most of the ps4 owners are poor people
>>
File: 1410928294339.jpg (35KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
1410928294339.jpg
35KB, 356x500px
>>377385692
fucking this
we just got done with a nearly 4 year long drought of games that was solved for ps4 owners
and now the same thing is going to happen again?
fuck that
>>
Why are Xcucks reposting an old article about an analyst and why did it stay up so long?
>>
>>377385692
some retard says this before literally every console release
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.