[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is boring. I no longer believe /v/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: box-art-jp.jpg (42KB, 380x441px) Image search: [Google]
box-art-jp.jpg
42KB, 380x441px
It is boring.
I no longer believe /v/.
>>
Hey, it's not /v/'s fault that you got shit taste.
>>
Soulsborne is garbage. You're honestly retarded if you thought the majority of /v/ likes watered down cuhrayzee.
>>
>>377383912
Why is it that all the friendless losers like the shitty """crazy""" games? dmc was never that good
>>
>>377383912
>cuhrayzee anything but reddit meme humor and button mashing
What a shit genre but CHURAYZEE XD
>>
>>377382489

Demon's Souls was great. Souls fans overall are cancer though.
>>
>>377384457
Is there a single fanbase that isn't full of insufferable fucktards?

Fan is short for fanatic, after all. The ramblings of fanatics make for tedious listening.
>>
>>377384075
>dmc was never that good
Yeah i'll fight you motherfucker. DMC1 has always been the best one.
>>
>>377382489
opposite for me
>>
>>377384846

Thief fanbase is pretty good. But Souls fanbase is one of the most cancerous fanbases that ever existed. I swear they hate half the fucking series, and all just pick their favorite game and shit on all the others.

They love the souls gameplay type, but any other game that tries it, or even any sequels they shit on badly. Do they want their genre to die out? Could you imagine CRPG or RTS fans acting like that?
>>
>>377385146
Lords of the Fallen and Nioh are trash
>>
>>377384075
>dmc was never that good

This, those games are just shitty autistic combo sims, then they go and shit all over the God of War series but at least GoW is a fucking video game and not an autism simulator to see how complex your button press combinations can get.

Do Cuhrazy fags even care about level design?
>>
>>377385226

Why?
>>
>>377385380

nioh is fine. lords of the fallen is definitely awful though
>>
>>377385380
Like you said, I want the genre to die out because clones and copies diminish the uniqueness of Demons Souls
>>
>>377385308
>Do Cuhrazy fags even care about level design?
DMC3 being cited as the GOAT all the time, and DMC4 in general, no. The game could literally just be bloody palace and they'd be fine.
>>
>>377385146
Doesn't help that none of the clones have been any good.
>>
>>377383912

>watered down cuhrayzee

How did you manage to make that leap of reasoning to connect DMC and DS? Two completely different games.
>>
>>377385502

Disgusting attitude, you fags remind me of Bioshock 1 cucks.

>muh unique game

KYS

Can't wait to hear you cucks crying in 20 years time about how the Soulsborne genre is dead and asking "why does no one make games like this anymore?"
>>
>>377387853
Bioshock is a System Shock clone. And if the equivalence is having studios like Arkane keeping it alive, good fucking riddance.
>>
>>377389671

I know BS is a System Shock clone, it's another reason why all the BS1 fags are so retarded.

And what is wrong with Arkane? Why do fags like you want every good series or genre to die off so that one game can remain "unique" as if that fucking matters.

KYS retard.
>>
>>377385146
This, every single word.
>>
Demon's Souls is highly overrated on /v/. It's only better than DaS2 from the series
>>
>>377387853
The fuck are you saying? That Bioshock is shit for not being unique? Because that invalidates your stance afterwards. I found BS to be far better than SS2 for a vast number of reasons. Not least that your game won't be fucked at the end for choosing wrong near the beginning.

I would play games set in Rapture for years. I would play games in that style too. I'm enjoying Prey overall (flawed but not bad) because it's a great core idea to blend RPG, shooter, and light horror.

Souls genre is already running into a wall is the problem. The Surge is smart to change settings. The bright vibrant colors help take it away from being a copy. But the core gameplay is the same as ever. That won't sustain without new ideas. Shock style games change settings, powers, enemy types, and skill progression. Souls games are melee against hard hitting undead things no matter who makes the game. It's getting stagnant.
>>
>>377382489

Demon's Souls was surpassed by every other Soulsborne game that came after it, it was a good game for its time, but now, the others are much better. This is the objective Soulsborne ranking based on the golden rule that "Gameplay > Soundtrack > Graphics > Story":

BB:TOH > DaS3:TFFE > DaS:PTDE > DaS2:SOTFS > DeS

There is no denying this, anyone who disagrees has a subjective agenda, be it fanboyism or autism.
>>
File: TheSurge.png (137KB, 1020x804px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge.png
137KB, 1020x804px
>>377385146

I will only buy Soulsborne games made by From Software.

I will pirate all other "Souls-like" games that come to PC, these cancerous developers are bastards, they should make something original instead of trying to steal from based From Software.

I pirated The Surge recently :) Fuck Deck 13. Fuck Lords of the Fallen, Fuck The Surge, Fuck Lords of the Fallen 2 and FUCK Nioh.

From Software 4 Life.
>>
>>377382489
After having played Nioh, I'm inclined to agree
>>
File: NiggaPlease.jpg (133KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
NiggaPlease.jpg
133KB, 957x1300px
>>377382489
>Expecting Demon's Souls to be good
>Listening to /v/
>>
>>377392727
none of the games have a passing soundtrack though

>OOH RANDOM CHANTING
>>
>>377382489
You must see bigger picture, when demons souls came out,it came out on 599$ >nogaems machine,people were fucking desperate to find excuse for their buy.
Its basically Bloodborne for ps3.
But, I don't agree with you, game is at least above average . DMClike games killed console gaming.
>>
>>377393123

Bloodborne has the best soundtrack in the history of gaming you dumb motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCDEDi5gDPo

All masterpieces.
>>
>>377392727
Your golden rule is PEGI12, just sayan.
>>
>>377393391
i'm envious of your level of inexperience at gaming
everything must be a fresh and wondrous experience to you still
>>
>>377393391
>best soundtrack in the history of gaming
So, when PCbros inevitably emulate the PS4 in 8 years, are you going to call it shit?
>>
>>377382489
It's alright, but it's horrendously overrated. People look back on it with fondness because it set the ball rolling, but it's still Dark Souls beta at the end of the day.
>>
>>377393609

I've more experience with gaming than you ever will have you dumb son of a whore, I am 25, have played games for a long time, have superior understanding of gaming with my high IQ.

I could go in detail explaining to you why From Software is a legendary and the best video game developer of all time, why Bloodborne is a masterpiece, why the Souls formula works and what it truly is, why Bloodborne surpassed the Souls formula in its perfection, why these soundtracks are so powerful, but I won't, you don't deserve it, you deserve to remain chained to your own arrogance, you dumb son of a whore.

Soulsborne saved gaming, Miyazaki is a genius, there is nothing you can do about it. I will continue to pirate most of the non-From Software games I play :)
>>
File: 1397240930261.jpg (52KB, 458x504px) Image search: [Google]
1397240930261.jpg
52KB, 458x504px
I was fairly disappointed when I played it myself, though I'm partly at fault for falling to all the hype on /v/.

It's a nice game but after a certain point I just didn't really feel like playing anymore. I liked Dark Souls better but I thought that was kind of over-rated too.
>>
>>377393638

Bloodborne is the only PS4 game I have, 98% of my games are on the PC, I game mostly on the PC. I don't care if Bloodborne will be emulated on PC, I will only care if it surpasses the PS4 version, a.k.a getting superior graphics and/or 60fps.

I would buy Bloodborne again if it has higher graphics/60fps on PC or PS5, this game is amazing.
>>
>>377384457

Nah. DeS fanbase are elitist pricks that refuse to admit how bad their shit aged.
>>
>>377393972

You should only listen to HIGH IQ and WISE gamers on /v/ like myself: >>377392727

Read it and learn.
>>
Dragon's Dogma is better by far and Nioh too
Yes the souls games are boring but they're not THAT bad
>>
>>377393817
Sad day when the beta was the better and more complete product.
>>
File: 1494853499755.jpg (109KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1494853499755.jpg
109KB, 528x528px
>>377394146
I wholeheartedly disagree, but different strokes I guess.
For me, nothing about the game is memorable. 99% of the bosses were just roadblocks that I got through so I could continue exploring and having fun with combat. One thing I will definitely give DeS, chaining R1s and R2s is super satisfying. The longsword combo is incredibly fluid, and I purposefully kept some weapons un-upgraded just so I could lay into enemies with a full combo.
>>
>>377394112

Dragon's Dogma is garbage, absolute buggy dogshit.

Nioh is garbage, absolute dogshit.

These 2 games can't even compare to the quality of Soulsborne.
>>
>>377394392
If Nioh's continents were interconnected as opposed to level-based, I feel like I'd replay it more.
>>
>>377393879
you don't, you are my junior by 7 years (did you really expect to be able to claim rank based on age at this place?), you are more inexperienced, your understanding is lesser

i'm sure you could go into detail, but i wouldn't bother to read it anyway
>>
>>377382489
I feel the same way about Bloodborne. Truth be told Souls is garbage.
>>
>>377385308
>level design
That's what you look for when you "play" "games" like Gone Home and other walking simulator. When you actually play games, you want actual depth and meaningful mechanics. DMC, nu-Ninja Gaiden and such are undefeated in this.
>>
>>377394353
I can't agree because the entire game after Anor Londo is an unfinished piece of shit. Plus the gregorian chanting got old after Sens Fortress which, like everything else up to Anor Londo, was just "not" versions of DeS bosses.

They couldn't even come up with a good reason for soul form and coop and just went "time is weird" because they needed to keep the exact same mechanic.

The only real knock I can give Demons in comparison to Dark is that the bosses are far easier due to having every single one based on a mechanic as opposed to just shit to hit to death. However that also lends itself to immersion for anyone that really cares that the Blind Hero reacts only to sound or you being able to make Vinland kill himself by sniping the Astraea.
>>
>>377382489
I thought the same for the first ten hours or so. Boletarian Palace and Stonefang Tunnel are boring zones, but Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement are some of the best areas I've experienced in games for quite some time. If you don't like the game after 3-2 you're a lost cause.
>>
>>377394539

The only thing Nioh did that was alright, was the combat, it wasn't better than Souls, it was different. Nioh's combat gives you a lot more power than Soulsborne combat, because they want you to experience 2 different types of gameplay and adventure, both can be enjoyable, if done correctly.

What Nioh fails in, is everything else:

- World design, practically non-existent. GARBAGE.
- Level design, mediocre, terrible compared to the quality of Soulsborne.
- Soundtrack, terrible.
- Enemy design and enemy variety, DOGSHIT, compared to Soulsborne, very boring.
- Bosses, garbage compared to Soulsborne.
- Weapon diversity, a joke, compared to Soulsborne.
- Playstyle variety, GARBAGE compared to Soulsborne.
- Character creation, LMFAO, DOGSHIT, Fuck wannabe Geralt.
- Story, generic cinematic garbage, Souls approach of mystery and dedictive style to story is much better and much more enjoyable, your imagination and brain plays a part, not for the low IQ subhumans.

Fuck Nioh, fuck everything it stands for, fuck all the PlayStation fanboys that praised this game just because it is exclusive.

Bloodborne is 100x better than Nioh, Bloodborne is a masterpiece, Nioh is dogshit.
>>
>>377394585

I have a higher IQ and am intellectually superior to you, I have a better understanding of game design and games than you, even with a lower age. Die from cancer faggot.

Anyone who disagrees that Soulsborne games, with all their flaws, are absolutely amazing games and that From Software under Miyazakis rule, are the best gaming developers of all time, will get dismissed and spat uppon by me.
>>
>>377394691
Oh I'm not saying DaS isn't flawed or unfinished, that'd be demonstrably untrue. I'm just saying they took DeS and refined it, which is what I mean by "Dark Souls beta".

>bosses are far easier due to having every single one based on a mechanic
You pretty much just nailed why I don't care for most bosses in DeS. Most of them just feel like gimmick fights without any challenge. For me, gameplay is first and foremost. So you could throw all the interesting lore you want at me, but I still won't enjoy the fight if it's tedious or boring.
Micolash in BB is a good example of that. He's one of the most interesting in-game characters, and his fight is utter dogshit in my opinion.
>>
>>377394625

Fuck your whore mother. Bloodborne is god tier.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters and Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition are the best games in recent years.

From Software is god tier.

All you subhuman low IQ wannabe true gamers will get anally devestated at E3 when From Software shows Armored Core 6 and Bloodborne 2.

From Software 4 Life.
>>
>>377394353
Dark souls would have been better had they finished it. But they didn't. I was so into it until they dropped that ball. and the expansion was real solid too. Cus they finished that.
>>
File: IMG_8754.png (167KB, 350x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8754.png
167KB, 350x407px
>release a great game and gain a following
>release sequels that build upon the previous games
>the first game is now considered shit
>>
>>377395185

It isn't shit, it is good, but others are A LOT BETTER.

DeS is a good game. But Bloodborne is a masterpiece, Dark Souls 3 is fantastic. DeS can't hold up to these higher and superior quality games.

DeS nostalgia faggots need to comprehend this. When we say other games are better than DeS, we are not saying that DeS is a bad game.
>>
>>377394923
you have less experience than me, you do not understand game design, you are a small baby, babies are especially susceptible to fatal illnesses so do be careful

the soundtracks are not impressive, they are just barebones orchestra with random chorus
this is the first time you've heard a violin, it impresses you, it reminds you of your twin brother's cries before mother smothered him
>>
>>377394970
But it didn't refine it. All it did was take Demons, changed the skin, then didn't finish the game because Bamco wanted it out the door to capitalize on the cult success of Demons. Refining it would imply they made it better, instead they took out the most unique aspects and then forgot to really do anything besides that.

Standing around watching the same three animations over and over until they get a second form wasn't fun. It was tedious and boring, to use your words. That tedium grew longer the further in because the bosses just became bigger sponges.

If they had left the "gimmicks" but improved how they were handled that would have been far superior to what we actually got. That would have been actual refinement.

The fact that you could fight Tower Knight either on the walls as an archer or magician, or take on his heels to make him kneel gave you variation as simple as it was.

His copy doesn't even have that small gameplay variation.
>>
>>377382489
>first game in the series isn't as polished and fun as later entries
Who saw that one coming?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>377383912
>Comparing Souls to stuff like DMC of all fucking things.

We are reaching shitposting levels that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>377395313

The soundtrack is impressive because it flawlessly fits the boss and atmosphere of the scene you dumb ass. When a soundtrack can give information to you, on an intuitive level, about the the boss and atmosphere of the scene, it transcends gaming. You do not comprehend what the purpose of GAMING SOUNDTRACKS are supposed to be, you look at soundtracks as music, you have a low IQ, you have more experience becuase of your higher age, but you have a weaker understanding because your intellect is inferior, I comprehend and obtained more wisdom from less experience, it is ok, we aren't equal, this is natural law.
>>
File: 523452345.jpg (198KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
523452345.jpg
198KB, 800x800px
>>377395185
>release great game and gain a following

most people started with dark souls. OP is a faggot tho, DeS isn't boring.
>>
>>377395558
Something looks really fucking weird about this girl.
>>
>>377392727
>calling the dark souls series DaS when you included the subtitles
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.