[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we like HoTS again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 91

File: image.jpg (40KB, 371x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 371x394px
Why do we like HoTS again?
>>
Because Blizzard Entertainment paid people to come here and say they like it
The game is the PC equivalent of mobile shovelware designed for complete idiots
>>
>>377382248
I like it.
>>
>>377382248
Hi I'm looking to invest in the strawman market, do you have any tips?
>>
>>377382497
Refreshing yourself on the definition of "strawman" would be a good starting point
>>
>>377382013
Certainly not for the girls, LoL has better ones. I'm not a big fan of it, but out of all the MOBAs I've played I like it the most.

The objectives forces teams to fight instead of everyone playing chicken in the lanes and it's streamlined overall. I like the talent system a lot, way better than picking items or choosing what ability to level up. Plus you don't have to be autistic to know what the fuck is going on like in the other ones.
>>
>>377382013
What are you trying to prove here? Li Ming looks a lot better with the in-game model. Diablo 3 is like a Ps1 model.
>>
you already have a general, stop spamming here
>>
File: mongface.jpg (24KB, 330x313px) Image search: [Google]
mongface.jpg
24KB, 330x313px
The HOTS art is all garbage, the in-game models look much better
>>
People can't dodge slow skill shots then cry about li ming
>>
>>377382013
Female meet tranny
>>
Because I hate myself and am too tired after work to play anything that actually requires skill, effort, or thought.
>>
Theres not enough li-ming lewds.
>>
Because it's less tedious then League and DotA.

>Laning phase ends in like 3 minutes
>You can go anywhere- not restricted to the ass 2-1-2 meta
>every champion is useful the entire match, mitigating the cancer that is hyper-carries
>game is heavily focused around objectives, forcing teamfights

I still play League more out of habit, but HotS is MOBA gameplay in it's purist form, for better or worse.
>>
>>377383109
If "playing chicken in the lanes" is how you're playing LoL and Dota, you aren't playing them properly
>>
It's fun
>>
It's a moba so it's inherently bad but it seems less awful than other mobas, from what I've heard.
>>
File: tz14574833.png (73KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
tz14574833.png
73KB, 500x498px
>>377384017
>It's a moba so it's inherently bad
>>
>>377384224
when youre entire genre is based around a cusotm map in wc3 you have a problem
>>
File: Sgt._Hammer_Sgt._Doomhammer_1.jpg (218KB, 1028x892px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt._Hammer_Sgt._Doomhammer_1.jpg
218KB, 1028x892px
Because of Sgt. Doomhammer!
>>
>>377384224
I've played mobas now, I can say they're bad. They're bad, very bad, and it's apparently the case that mobas outside of hots are even worse.

The best thing I can say about hots is that the music that plays while you're queueing is nice.
>>
>>377384285
That doesn't make any sense. All of your favorite multiplayer games could have been initially created in game editors from other multiplayer games, that has absolutely nothing to do with the content or quality of the formula. It's just an irrelevant point of where the idea was first tested.
>>
>>377384298
>no actual criticisms
>waahhh I don't like so it's bad
>>
>>377382013
Shills mostly. Or maybe it is just /v/eddits exceedingly bad taste.
>>
File: MVPATHUR.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVPATHUR.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Because Abathur
>>
>>377383418
Shut the fuck up Laurel Austin is a really fucking good artist. Sure, some of the pictures, e. g. Tracer's, look like trash but the rest is great.
>>
>>377384607
How do I git gud with him? I just end up baby sitting one guy and spamming skills, plus his ults feel completely useless
>>
>>377384607
mvp puts too much emphasis on not dying
>>
>>377384903
you play against people who are too retarded to focus down his ultimate and farm it on creeps until it can 1 shot heroes with autoattack
>>
>>377385049
so play in bronze okay
>>
File: tyrande.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tyrande.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377383418
The art in general is kind of odd. You'd think with all of Blizzard's money they could invest in better splash art.

>>377384698
It's all just kind of odd looking. Bad, no, but it pales in comparison to the actual models which look fantastic. The art honestly makes the game look cheaper than it is.
>>
>>377384903
My fav build is Locust health and duration at 1, Attack Speed on host, Needle Stab, Abomination, Bombard Strain, Spawn Locusts and tiny Locust Spawner

Abathur is NOT a baby sitter. Abathur is NOT played from the base. You can affect every lane, every fight, every capture and be everywhere on the map. The symbiote deals a fuckton of damage because it's constant, you can be on every teammate that is dueling and you make them win. You can push any minion wave without effort, and when you're 10 and above you can teleport nearby an enemy fort and summon abomination and push relentlessly.

not many heroes can 1on1 the Abomination either if you psc on autoattack speed, and the survival is big because it heals itself from the deaths of enemy minions nearby, so you basically can become another hero on the map with it.

The clone ult is better for matches with heavy teamfights or if you're speccing into buffer support. Although I just prefer locusts because you can invade and push without effort as soon as the enemy looks away.

In the end if you're choosing who to Q right and when to push you can easily dish out or help to dish out stupid amounts of damage.

Still if your teammates are retards and cowards you're doomed to watch the world burn impotently.
>>
>>377384903
be involved in every single event that occurs on the map
>>
>>377382013
I tried to get into Dota a few times, never could get the hang of it. HotS is much more casual as far as MOBAs are concerned, and I actually have fun playing it.
>>
>>377382013
>Level 1 vs Level 70

but then again I guess I would want her to actually wear a level 70 set, like Delsere's Magnum Opus.
>>
>>377382013

Maps are not boring as fuck
>>
File: Valeera_HotS_art.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Valeera_HotS_art.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>377385443
It varies from character to character

Valeera's art looks great
>>
File: DVaArt.jpg (949KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DVaArt.jpg
949KB, 1280x1024px
>>377385832
Whereas D.VA looks like a potato faced knockoff
>>
>>377385832
I don't really get the whole cyberspace aesthetic either. How does that fit in with any Blizzard universe? The game doesn't try to explain it, either. Raynor gets sucked into 'the nexus' which is a nebulous area in hammerspace and there's never any explanation as to why.

I wish they would have stuck with the chess aesthetic from when the game was called Blizzard Dota, honestly. Then they could have claimed it was the result of some magical board game played by the gods or something.
>>
>>377386010
Then people would compare it to Smash Bros.
>>
>>377386010
>Raynor gets sucked into 'the nexus' which is a nebulous area in hammerspace and there's never any explanation as to why.

As Uther says in the tutorial, you shouldn't think too much about those kinds of stuff.
>>
I like it because I'm not a moba guy and every and each moba I tried was sooo sluggish and I hated the part where I purchase items.

HOTS is simpler, yet deep plus I can play as Varian or Zeratul.
>>
Why is my wizardfu so smug?
>>
>>377386010
>varian fucking dies
>wakes up in the nexus and doesnt even give a single fuck
>>
>>377382013
YOUR GRAVE AWAITS
>>
HOTS is the best MOBA on the market

(I know that's not saying much but still)
>>
File: e963d3f02b38105f06aea9f1f161341f.jpg (330KB, 1253x1920px) Image search: [Google]
e963d3f02b38105f06aea9f1f161341f.jpg
330KB, 1253x1920px
Superior game walking through.
>>
>>377386871
Fucker is a warrior at heart, its his Valhalla
>>
>>377387065
i recently quit hots to play dota2, best choice i made

hots is way too casual, doesnt allow you to carry your shit teammates. being developed by actiblizzard, you gotta dumb down everything.
>>
>>377386871
He's THAT fucking overpowered
>>
>>377387065
Stop posting my wife please.
>>
>>377382013
It's mostly because HotS takes out roughly 2/3 of the bullshit the original DotA had and started fucking around with the inherent, basic systems remaining, resulting in a game that is far more refreshing to play than current mobas.
>>
>>377387187
Welcome to master race.
>>
>>377386871
>that scream when he uses Colossus Smash
Its a shame only Taunt is viable
>>
>>377384298

What about Mobas makes them so inherently bad, especially since you've played many different kinds of Mobas.

Please explain your reasoning.
>>
>>377387450
The games take forever, the respawn times are comical, apparently in other mobas you spend the first half hour of the game grinding against NPCs and buying shit until you actually fight against the enemy team.

There also seems to be very little "comeback" in games, where if you get an edge and kill a part of someone's base you just push that advantage and if your team isn't retarded you eventually win though it takes an extra 15 minutes to actually defeat the base.

Hots actually had most of these factors lessened, but they're still there.
>>
>>377382013
Because we're being paid by blizzards marketing campaign to tell you we like it
>>
File: 1494573572467.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494573572467.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>377385605
Listen here, little jabroni.

Your build is fuckin shit. Absolute fuckin dogshit.I go full fuckin hat (spike range, attack speed, needle range, monstro, spike heal, spike slow, hivemind) and have literally, LITERALLY never been outperformed in siege damage or XP by someone doing your limpdick "muh epic roach" build. Abathurs like you are pitiful fuckin nobodies and the reason why people roll their fucking eyes when they see his Slug ass on their team.

Abathur IS a fuckin babysitter. Unless you're a friendless, obese virgin or have awful luck with solo queue (guess which is more likely in your case, chuckles) you can always have a big guy to hat. A tank, a good melee DPS, whatever. You can absolutely co-carry games by making them god. No one on this fucking planet has arms long enough to box with the unkillable god I can make my homie when he plays Johanna and if you wanna step up to the fuckin taco stand and put some hot sauce on that shit, hop to.

You at least acknowledge the awesome power of Monstrosity, so I tip my fedora to you there. Imagine how much better he'd be if he could slow and get more healing instead of you having more worthless memeroaches on the map.

Clone ult is fucking gay. If I wanted to play some random jabronis character, I'd pick them. Stop fag enabling by telling people this is a good ult. Fuck you, play another character.

Q the tanks or the good melee DPS. This aint fuckin rocket science you pretentious cunt. I have like 200 games of Abathur or some shit and he ain't that fucking intricate, you stupid ape.

You're a nutless, gutless sack of shit if you can't force little nobodies to stop feeding and being fucking terminators. Never touch my fucking hero again. Go play some Sylvanas or something kid, might be more of the right speed for a....very special individual like yourself.

Thank you, fuck you, bye.
>>
>>377387694
Oh also 95% of the actual gameplay is just cooldown management.

Somewhat surprisingly, I had a small amount of fun just riding around as lucio and doing shit, and the "quest" level up things were something I liked as well. I uninstalled the game and probably won't play it again until blizzard bribes people to do so again, but it was technically a less awful experience than I was expecting.
>>
>>377387694
You are still just saying "I don't like thing"
>>
>>377387847
I tell a lie.

326 games as Abathur. I fucking spit on all Johnny Come Lately slugs who dare offer their opinion in my fucking presence.
>>
>>377388014
I'm listing aspects of the game that I think are bad, which is what >>377387450 was asking of me.
>>
>>377385909
>THAT LEFT HAND/FOREARM
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>377387694

>The respawn times are comical
It's a punishment for death.

>spend the first half hour of the game grinding against NPCs and buying shit
For starters, the first half hour is a bit of an exaggeration. Traditional lane phase lasts less then 20 minutes, with team fight and pushing phases happening just after. While grinding on creeps is certainly a part of the game, it's not nearly as static as you seem to think. In better games like Dota 2 you must last hit creeps to get gold, deny your creeps (get a last hit on your own creeps) to deny the enemy gold and experience, and harass the enemy characters in lane. Sometimes there are 'ganks' where heroes come out unexpectantly to kill people in the lane, which gives their team more money and experience. Then, a support character places wards to counter this to give the characters vision in crucial areas of the map and so on. There is a huge metagame here, it's a core element of the game. At no point is it ever 'grinding against NPCs'

>little "comeback"
It's a competitive RPGs, so yes. But in poorly designed games like League and HotS, there is very little way to come back against another team. Better games, like Dota 2 once again, have better comeback mechanics and ways to counter heroes who are too powerful.

I think maybe you're confusing "I don't like this thing" with "this thing is bad". It's okay to admit that you don't like something for personal preference, but you shouldn't use a blanket statement of its bad.
>>
Someone enlighten me on this:
Why do top League players playing Hots make playing the game more difficult than it should be? I mean, I understand that it still takes some time getting used to playing Hots compared to League, but at least they perform some basic fundamentals common in all mobas like not fighting under towers or not engaging 1v5. What gives?
>>
>>377387362
>tracer on enemy team
>take colossus and stun charge back when it was a thing
It was a thing of beauty
>>
File: 34e3824732uurfhjs.png (599KB, 551x665px) Image search: [Google]
34e3824732uurfhjs.png
599KB, 551x665px
this is why i play
>>
>>377383819
>2-1-2 meta

Certainly not LeL since you would get banned if you dared going 2 top and no jungler. Dota haven't had 2 offlane as standard since 2009. Now it's usually trilane for a few minutes and 1 roaming
>>
>>377388102
I mean you are saying its bad when it isn't bad you just don't seem to enjoy the genre. You don't have to like it but all you did was list core mechanics of the genre and called them bad. It would be like saying Rock is bad, because you think guitars sound shitty. Its not bad you just don't like it.
>>
Holy shit I'm watching Kripp play this on twitch because I'm bored and he's literally every brain drained Blizzard newbie to the game. Randomly picking bad talents, meandering around with no map sense, and... You get the idea.
>>
>>377388553
you could at least try to be funny with your toothless insults anon

come on, be considerate for the other people browsing this thread
>>
>>377388702
>watching other people play video games
>calling other people brain dead
wew
>>
>>377388702
>he literally dives the entire enemy team and gets mad it didn't work

Wooooow
>>
>>377382013
I played it for a bit with this big bullshit 2.0 push recently and had fun for the dozen or so games I played. Mobas are shit though so I don't see any reason to play it ever again. I just come into these threads to watch you faggots argue about which shitty game is the best at being shitty.
>>
>>377388834
I didn't play before 2.0 but apparently the only thing that changed in 2.0 was how you unlock cosmetics.
>>
>>377388702
Kripp is a good candidate euthanasia, god that nigger sounds like he wants to die 24/7
>>
>>377388553
Laning stage depends on your role and in very high mmr games it ends around 8-12 mins, usually when offlaners get their 6 or first item depending on hero. Pos 1 is all about farming so maybe don't pick them since you are so triggered by it.
>>
>>377388702
He's playing skeleman king so how could he fuck that up
>>
>>377388915
Dude has been streaming hearthstone for 8 hours every day for like 2 or 3 years. The power of money is real
>>
>>377388872

>Gain Height

????
>>
>>377387694
>apparently in other mobas you spend the first half hour of the game grinding against NPCs and buying shit until you actually fight against the enemy team.
>apparently
You really shouldn't listen to people shitposting on /v/ and treat it as fact
>>
No one can fuck up Leoric, can they? I mean, you put W on the fat guy and even death is kind of a mild inconvenience.
>>
>>377389208
It was people on /vg/ actually.
>>
>alarak buff
>the more you snowball the stronger you become
I'm loving this.
>>377388702
Has Kripp actually been good at any game the last few years other than Hearthstone?
>>
>>377389320
He hasn't played any game other than Hearthstone for the last few years
>>
>>377389320
He is like PoE's god but since that doesn't pay on Twitch he doesn't stream it.
>>
>matches don't take long
>characters are recognizable
>playing Support that can manfight like Uther and Rexxar is buzzword as fuck
I dont know man
>>
>>377389135
Oh shit it's a rare xbox dude bro! Sick reference dude xdd
>>
>>377389391
>tfw remember seeing his old PoE videos where he happily discussed builds
>>
>>377389408
>He is like PoE's god
Hasn't been like that in a long time. He used to be pretty good at theorycrafting but he played it again a while back and managed to fuck everything because he didn't bother to look into any changes.
>>
>>377389135
Can't you shitpost somewhere else big guy? You are clearly the superior specimen in this thread given your witty and clever responses, now shoo please you are number one. Remember to collect your participstion award Leslie
>>
File: 1493899024959.jpg (121KB, 1480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493899024959.jpg
121KB, 1480x800px
>>377389439
>kripp tries to play something other than HS
>he's happy and smiling because he's now having fun
>90% of his viewers leave because it's not HS
>he goes back to HS on the next stream and looks like he wants to kill himself
>>
I want 30, max 40 min games because I don't have that much time for games nowdays, sadly.

HOTS is fun but at the same time the matches are about right lenghtwise.
>>
>>377389415
The only characters I recognize are overwatch characters and like 3 starcraft people.
Everyone else might as well be random orc/human/elf #37
Diablo too
>>
>chooses Momentum over Hope
>>
>>377388218
dota 2 is also requires by far the most amount of time as games don't even start til 60 minutes much less end by 30-40

also these "comeback mechanics" you talk about basically just equate to high ground when you are getting sieged and that you lose some money on death. however dota always comes down to which ever team has the most ricing carries and less about comebacks

>enemy team has naga, better finish the game in 40 minutes or we automatically lose

also your comments in general just show your ignorance of the genre, its funny that dota fags are always evident because they say every moba is garbage compared to dota,2, when in fact league has surpassed it of late because icefrog has ruined the game.

Protip: there is a reason that icefrog was left at home when every other developer of the original dota made their own game
>>
>we
I don't give a fuck what you like faggot.

I like HoTS because the heroes are actually characters from games I've played. Also the abilities are generally really fun.
>>
>>377389628
>Seething so fucking hard you're letting me live in your head rent free

Whats the matter, laddybuck? Can't handle the fuckin harsh reality that Big Sexy is laying out for your barely sentient ass? I know you've probably dedicated thousands of hours of your life to playing in the mental midget playground you call League of Legends, but doubling down isn't gonna fix your problem.

Stop playing trash games (League and DOTA) and come hit the weights with the Wolfpac and get some real action where the big boys play (Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm)
>>
>>377389720
Look at this projecting salty Sally. Lifting weights won't make your dad unrape you. Why don't you come here big boy and show me what a cutie like you can do to me in a fistfight xoxo
>>
>>377389782
>waah i can't adapt to new patches, i need my rigid meta or i can't pwaay
>>
>>377389893
My dad can beat your dad
>>
How do I Probius and Morales?
>>
>>377386010
>moba
>caring about lore/backstory
pick one
>>
>>377389782
>the team with more late game and farm oriented heroes wins late game most of the time

Impossible
>>
>>377390283
both Dota and LoL at least pretend to care about having established lore, even if it is rather flimsy and up in the air most of the time
>>
>>377382248
but anon its a fun game
>>
>>377385909
at least it's not D.ndu?
>>
>>377389782
>dota 2 is also requires by far the most amount of time as games don't even start til 60 minutes much less end by 30-40
How fucking far in the trench do you have to be for this to be true?
>>
>>377387362
>only Taunt is viable
confirmed shit
>>
Imagine my face when I started playing Kharazim a few days ago and thought he was some kind of boring healer, but in fact is Kenshiro.
>>
>>377382013
It's fun, And because of Li-Mings ass.
>>
>>377389782
Dota actually has a fluctuating meta since the game changes often enough for it to happen. LeL is stale as fuck and the only difference in the meta is which champions got the slightly higher numbers to slot in their lanes and jungle since they're so homogeneous. Since everything scales in LeL you get the one with the best numbers.
>>
>buffing Alarak
For what purpose?
>>
>>377390676
how do i build as him
>>
>>377390238
You have infinite mana near pylons; put them in brush for safety and vision. Focus talents on zoning with Disruption Pulse for waveclear, zoning, and AoE damage against clumped up teams; the cannon is not important and just for soaking damage. Set up near objectives BEFORE everyone else, and save Pylon Overcharge for pushing the enemy away from objectives. Any damage taken breaks your Z, so watch for the distorted effect of cloakers and run away BEFORE they can apply any damage.

Safety talents and hugging the butt of anyone who can peel for you. Know what all the enemy heroes can do to get to you and respect their area of influence. Don't follow suicidal people to both of your deaths. In QM it's ok to roam and heal up other lanes as long as they don't have any assassins or bullies that might intercept you between lanes (stealth heroes, Dehaka, Falstad, etc). Morales is pretty much entirely about positioning safely and landing your grenade, so focus on where you're standing and which enemies can reach you at any given time. Don't take the medivac if you play with uncoordinated randoms.
>>
>>377391004
Nigga died once and he fell way behind. Now he is able to deal decent damage after losing passive
>>
>>377388218
>But in poorly designed games like League and HotS, there is very little way to come back against another team.

>HotS
>No comebacks
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
MY
MAN
>>
>>377384978
>>>Too much emphasis on not dying

Let's say you die 4 times. Once 5 minutes in so you come back in like 15 seconds, once again 12 minutes it, you're gone for something like 30. Last time was 22 minutes in and you're out for 65.

That's nearly 2 minutes out of a 25ish minute match you're dead. When you're dead you're not doing ANYTHING. You're just dead.

No matter the hero, you're more useful alive. You can get xp, you can push up minions, get a camp, get some poke in (of you're really good and long range). Dying is easily one of the worst things you can do. Know when to engage, know when to run and know when to fight and where to fight. You'd be surprised how many more games you win
>>
>every game with morales
>everyone ignores her and focuses the enemy that's taking 0 damage due to outhealing the damage
getting real sick of this shit
>>
>>377390602
What? Are you kidding? Taunt is straight up the best ultimate in the game.

>The best engage
>Varian is unkillable with any decent healer
>He can take NO damage every few seconds
>Has a ton of HP

>Forces any hero in the game to attack him for 1.25 seconds, enough time for your team (right behind you) to completely fuck up that hero
>Saves teammates from dive heroes
>Can charge into backline squishes and force them to stand still for 1 . 2 5 seconds

Twinblade and Smash are fun as fuck, but Taunt is straight up the best option.
>>
>>377384285
Wrong game

Its a custom map based on STARCRAFT. Thats how fucked up this shitty damaging genre is.
>>
>>377391202
Hey man I mostly play Medivh so I rarely die and often get MVP for it. It doesn't really calculate portals or vision provided into it. Simply put the game doesn't give a shit what you do as long as you're alive
>>
>>377387450
Are you fucking blind or illiterate?

The first fucking thing he says is they take too long. He literally stated reason after reason you fucking Meleefag.
Oh im sorry, I got confused there because you literally sounded like one.
>>
>>377388319
Cause in LoL players are generally worse at teamfighting since you CAN engage 1vX, And walk out alive in LoL. Because hots is so CD focused, so that will result in death. It's a team focused game.
>>
>>377391296
>every game with morales
>their front line is better than yours while some retard constantly barks "FOCUS MORALES" as if you don't know that already but can't approach her meatgrinder of a front line
>>
File: Dota2.jpg (223KB, 451x641px) Image search: [Google]
Dota2.jpg
223KB, 451x641px
Nice game, dotards.
>>
>>377391438
It only cares about the stats you see when you press Tab in game.

Furthermore, would you be able to do all the other things that got you MVP if you were dead?
>>
>>377391557
>Varian charges Morales
>Taunt

>Varian taunts front line
>Dive Morales

What a balanced ability
>>
>>377390340
Neither dota or lol take their characters from established franchises which are incompatible, though.
And people like fighting a zeratul with the butcher, an actual story apologizing the way how all these characters end up together yet randomly matched up against each other while somehow taking part in battles between angels and demons, weird science experiments, or simply letting a pirate or a spider having a good time getting paid would be the magnum opus of abysmal blizzard storytelling.
>>
>>377391775
>varian taunts anub arak
>nothing happens because anub is busted

Hmmmmm
>>
>>37739103
You are asking the wrong guy, but it depends on what you want to play as. While he as exceptional single target damage for a support, he is still no dps or bruiser. Try to keep that in mind while engaging and go for utility, especially his dash and use your heal on as many allies as possible. Because of the shitty range, it is most useful in team fights where everyone is clumped together and/or dashing after one of your chasers and supporting him this way. Suprise overextenders with your Fist of Fury and that one talent which makes you go Fist of the Northstar on Q. Pick Insight for your first talent as extra mana and reduced cd is always nice. For his ultimate, I go for damage if my team is kind of retarded, as it can buy you some precious time and deny area to your enemies.
>>
>>377384903
there is no cookie cutter build
everything depends on map and team comp
if you need to rat for map pressure then go for a rat build
if you need to be a team fight presence then go for symbiote builds
if your carry is a fucking retard clone his ass and show him how its done
just have map awareness and keep mines up for vision
also unless you are completely shoved into your base you should never be hiding in fountain and infact you should be using your mount to grab some objectives in certain maps if need be (getting a unprotected shrine in cursed hollow, nukes in junction, tower shots in towers of doom etc.) dont be a pussy
>>
>>377388218
>It's a competitive RPGs
firstly, false plural, and secondly, it is not a fucking RPG, you dunce.
>>
>>377391004
Because he was garbage and now he's just mediocre
His damage make him a top tier pubstomper but against any decent team he'll get raped by the frontline or kited by the backline
T. absolutely love the freelo of going against Alarak
>>
>>377383201
They really changed her from Asian to a negro? I guess you gotta have the right minorities these days in America.
>>
>>377391865
>Varian taunt Anub'arak
>Team dives Morales
>Rest of their team melts
>>
File: 1478594863431.jpg (53KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478594863431.jpg
53KB, 958x960px
>>377389415
>Tfw just found out about Kharazim
HO
LEE
FUK
>>
>>377391951
If you think all Asian look like the left, you need to get out more. Many Asians have features on the right (nice lips, nice non-sameface face, generally non clone looking)

Cut out the porn
>>
File: 1474706088471.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474706088471.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>377391951
>>
File: 1359207593699.png (25KB, 575x687px) Image search: [Google]
1359207593699.png
25KB, 575x687px
>>377385832
>that face
>those pauldrons
>those "daggers"
>those mr.miyagi brows
>those jester shoes
>>
>>377389415
>Carry scrubs with Uther
>Lose anyway since it's 4vs5 due to our Sylvanas having more deaths than the rest of the team combined
Don't even remember if she ever used arrow in a teamfight. Or if she even was in a teamfight
>>
>>377391959
>anub stuns varian and friends wit Q
>burrows and stuns the whole enemy team again
>team dead
>varian taunt
>varian dead
>>
>>377383418
I disagree , a lot of the art is fantastic. There's a few that suck like Sonya but the rest are great.
>>
>>377383863
From my experiences in low level dota and league, it is what most people do.

It does get better as you climb in mmr but if your team is retarded they have less incentive to fight than in hots.
>>
File: 1440649046774.gif (4MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1440649046774.gif
4MB, 294x233px
Just played a game against two weeb waifufags

>Dva fag with maste portrait
>Liming fag with lili portrait

>Dva fag trying to harass me the whole game
>fel flame her off the mech
>Corruption when shes out
>Dead
>Illidanbro on my team tearing the fuck out of liming's asshole
>Abathur and Furion supporting us

Felt good.

BITCHES GOT ORC'D.
>>
>>377392326
Playing with people who don't know how to play the game is not a valid criticism against the game
>>
>>377392080
Strange. I can't remember ever saying that every Asian looks like her. Both sexes were clearly Asian in D3, though. Appearance, voices, clothes etc.

The new portrait screams subsaharan African. There's not even a remote resemblance. What happened?
>>
>>377382248
I like it. Blizzard hasn't cut me a check yet.

>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>377392401
>with portrait
Nigga, are you dissing waifu choices of others?
Switched from anub portrait to that space Tyrande.
>>
>>377382013
>dude a bajillion damage from really far away lmao

fuck those types of heroes, and there are like half a dozen of them
>>
>>377392448
you need to start going outside again if you think the right one looks remotely negro
>>
File: 42367347.jpg (26KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
42367347.jpg
26KB, 312x312px
>>377392641
Waifu fags can get fucked.

Specially dva cunts.
>>
>>377382248
>Tfw like it and not getting my blizzbucks
Where do I sign up

Also how much did Valve pay for /v/ to be a dotards pr firm, I'm sure blizz can match that
>>
>>377389642
I sometimes feel bad for Kripp.
>>
>>377391557
>their front line is better than yours
Very rarely this is the case. But then again you get people who don't know what they fuck they're doing in masters plenty enough too due to the playerbase being braindead.
>>
>>377392773
valve doesn't need to pay shit, a pat on the back and they do it for free
>>
File: 1438891460545.png (304KB, 988x657px) Image search: [Google]
1438891460545.png
304KB, 988x657px
>>377391995
>playing Kharazim with the melee bonus
>the entire team is melee
>mfw
>>
>>377392789
Literally sold his soul for money. I can't even begin to fathom how playing HS day in and out would feel, much less watching some near mental breakdown greek shit doing it on stream.
>>
>>377392665
Look at those lips and tell me there is no negro in there.
>>
>>377392972
there is no negro in there
>>
>>377392972
The reason he says go outside is because you'd know many, MANY Asians have lips like that.
>>
File: 1494654981791.jpg (9KB, 251x245px) Image search: [Google]
1494654981791.jpg
9KB, 251x245px
>>377392746
>like playing gazlowe
>use gazlowe portrait
>feel self conscious when playing gazlowe with the portrait at the same time
>>
Why the fuck is the abathur announcer 1.6k
>>
>>377392989
You gotta live in some melting pot. She kinda looks like a pale Rihanna. At least acknowledge that they look nothing alike in the 2 portraits.

>>377393026
It's retarded because where I live there are only white people.
>>
File: 745653.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
745653.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>377393228
>Gazlowe
Nothing wrong with that, Glowe is cool.

Waifu faggots are the problem anon.

I use my master Gul'dan portrait too, and i play him all the time
>>
>>377393337
if everywhere you look you see a nigger, then maybe you should stop being a tsundere fuck and go get a fucking nigger gf or maybe just go suck a nigger dick or something
>>
File: 1492946260861.png (180KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492946260861.png
180KB, 500x375px
>>377393347
>tfw gul'dan just drains your turret to full hp
>>
It's fun, but matchmaking is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

>Play a game today
>First time playing Varian
>Get matched with three other warriors and a Li Li
>Only two people are grouped
>Enemy team is a group of four, with actual range and damage
>Game is over in ten minutes, levels 10 to 16, 0 kills or forts on my side

Literally the single worst match I've experienced.
>>
>>377393470
No thanks.
If I wanted that I'd move to the US or France.
>>
>>377384607
>mfw i was MVP as based abathur this week
>>
>>377384290
>not duke
I am still mad. I love playing as the siege tank in the game but i will never be not made we didnt get duke.
>>
File: Screenshot2017-05-19 05_08_51.jpg (600KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2017-05-19 05_08_51.jpg
600KB, 2560x1440px
>>377393583
The 50% winrate enforcement is the worst.

I'm actually scared of playing because i'm alone right now and i know the game will force a stack against me while pairing me with braindead peruvians.

I really wish i could play this game more often, unfortunately this puts me off.

Not being able to deal with frustration anymore sucks..
>>
>>377393583
Quick match is definitely busted, it groups up the worst types of groups together. It either should try to match a balance team, or give like 10 seconds to swap to someone else quickly. If I queue Tank and need a support since we have like 3 fucking warriors, then I should be able to.
>>
>>377393337
>where I live there are only white people.
You live in heaven?
>>
Who is the best tank and why is it Artanis?
>>
>>377394140
Stitches, Anub and Arthas.
>>
>>377394140
Arthas because he's unkillable.
Varian with competent teammates/friends because you're unkillable and can guarantee someones death.
>>
File: 66634.jpg (88KB, 1480x800px) Image search: [Google]
66634.jpg
88KB, 1480x800px
>>377394140
>tfw they turned ETC into a squishy piece of crap

I miss playing him.
>>
>try Varian with LVL10 Fury skill and Second Wind
>become unkillable
>taking out forts by myself
glorious
>>
>>377394140
Varian guarantees a kill at the start of any fight and every 16 seconds after with competent team mates
>>
>>377394381
>twinblades of fury
>second wind
Taunt varian is immortal and an extreme utility my man, try it.
>>
>>377394140
Chen because you can be even more unkillable that all the other tanks or choose to force the enemy team to move wherever you want.
Rework and/or buff when
>>
File: faUchkf.jpg (66KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
faUchkf.jpg
66KB, 574x600px
>>377382013
JUST
>>
File: 16yRuPo.png (280KB, 638x356px) Image search: [Google]
16yRuPo.png
280KB, 638x356px
>>377382013
I don't, but the booty is ridiculous

Blizzard has learned to weaponize ass. Nintendo has learned to weaponize ass. My poor dick is as helpless as a Swedish village getting culturally enriched. No, stop! I cry: but my penis just gets harder, and they keep pushing the booty into my face. I scream and weep, but the booty, it does not relent. My dick remains forever engorged

I can't escape

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>377394626
I like it...
>>
>>377384698
Kill yourself immediately, retard.
>>
>>377394626
>not even her Scarlet skin

step it up, son
>>
File: 32165234623.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
32165234623.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>377394659
You made my day, anon
>>
Can this fucker please get a passive rework? It's straight up trash. Put Archangel's Wrath on a charge system based on health lost. Let a percentage of his health lost deal AOE damage around him on trait activation and then give it a cooldown.
>>
>try to play Chromie
>main ability is long ranged attack with tiny hitbox, long cast time that can't damage minions
>aoe ability has ridiculously long CD unless you talent it
>can only place 1 time trap at a time and you can only talent to increase charges
>both her ults are utility despite her being classified as an assassin
>spend time throwing Qs at people until a butcher springs up and 2 shots me
??????
>>
>>377384698
Don't know whats up, but artist seems able to draw a bunch of guy and monster types to a t, but all the women are variations of come hither looking forward pin-up or some scrunched up boy face abomination.
>>
>>377394140
>>377394607
Chen because people desperately trying to kill me while I drink keg after keg is funny as fuck.
>>
>>377394953

>Being out of position with chromi, arguably the assasin with the longest range in the game

Son...
>>
It's one of the most brainless and shallow mobas on the market. Only good thing about it is the characters(not their kits)
>>
File: c360226aa78385384314d7056b1c55bb.jpg (167KB, 773x1032px) Image search: [Google]
c360226aa78385384314d7056b1c55bb.jpg
167KB, 773x1032px
Why aren't you her apprentice yet?

She is still looking...
>>
>>377382013
>Posts the portrait
Nigger her in-game model is 10/10 and is actually decently made, as opposed to D3'd 15 polygons
>>
>>377395168
More like
>miss your long range skill because only a mongoloid would get hit by it because of the cast time
>no one even bothers to stand near you or protect you because of random matchmaking
>>
File: 1466963477516.jpg (354KB, 964x542px) Image search: [Google]
1466963477516.jpg
354KB, 964x542px
>>377394918
Fuck I meant to add this image.
>>
Which heroes need a rework by now besides Malfurion?

I havent been playing for very long so im not sure what theyre basing reworks off of aside from getting rid of nonsensical talents like a druid having ice block
>>
>>377395830
raynor
>>
>>377395868
Whats wrong with Give Em Some Pepper Man
>>
>>377395990
power creeped, he's too basic
>>
>>377396047
Really nigga? He's one of the most solid heroes in the game. Maybe you should get gud
>>
I'm bring forced to play this shit by friends. Is there anybody close to Invoker I can play? I used to play him almost exclusively back in DotA.
>>
File: sanstitre.png (2MB, 1584x897px) Image search: [Google]
sanstitre.png
2MB, 1584x897px
>>377395562
>not firing off shots into the fucking fog of war to get kills on morons you cant even see yet
>not using the time hourglass shit offensively, as it literally sets up a fucking full damage combo against a character who cannot move
>not shooting from grass or behind walls where the player cannot see you
>not picking the extra double fucking long move where you no longer have your character ON YOUR SCREEN when aiming at people

seriously though anyone who steps on your hourglass trap is put into stasis. They cannot move and cannot be saved by their teammates, just time your sand blast to hit him just as he leaves stasis and its a free fucking kill

if you cast the dragon breath thing you can then immediately cast sand blast and they both hit the target at the same time.
how fucking retarded do you have to be to be bad at chromie
>>
>DURR ASSFAGGOTS ARE SO CASUAL AND DUMB
>DURR I PLAY HOTS BECAUSE DOTA/LOL ARE TOO HARD :(
Every time
>>
>>377396390
hard and boring are not the same thing, anon
if you wanna go play whack-a-mole simulator then go ahead, they aren't going anywhere
>>
>>377382013
There's an effect you get in a moba where you find someone in a perfect situation and you're able to pounce on them and annihilate them, you feel the impact of all your skills and how hopeless the situation is for your opponent. This exists, for me at least, in both League and Dota, but it doesn't exist in any other mobas.

HotS feels like my hero is weak as fuck and I can't do anything except slowly chip away at my opponents. Stuns are weak and disengaging is very easy.

I don't think there is as much room for individual skill to carry you in this game unless you severely outclass all 5 players on the enemy team, you kind of have to get a lucky draw with a decent team, and then within the first five minutes you can tell which direction the game is going to go.

All mobas have that aspect, but I think it's more pronounced in HotS. If a team is getting multiple kills before the first objective even spawns, they're likely going to be more coordinated and willing to actually go for the objective. Then the exp lead takes over and suddenly you have an entire team of level 15s fighting an entire team of level 17s and losing badly.

In League, your Riven can jump in after everyone has blown their cooldowns and roll face over the entire enemy team by herself. In DotA your Faceless Void who just happened to be taking a jungle camp near the teamfight you just lost can run in, ult and do the same thing. Like I said earlier, the disengaging in HotS makes this really unlikely, I very rarely see 1v5s happening.

This was gonna be short post but it turned into a full review because I'm bored and waiting for a warband mod to finish downloading
>>
>>377382013
Trims the fat that makes the other MOBAs grindy and long. It's casual but easy to pick up with short enough matches to amuse you.
>>
File: 1494263467090.png (152KB, 531x418px) Image search: [Google]
1494263467090.png
152KB, 531x418px
>>377396390
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1472662560769.jpg (480KB, 1480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472662560769.jpg
480KB, 1480x800px
Just looted this fucker. What am I in for?
>>
>>377396390
Hey buddy wanna go shoot some hoops?

Hots:
hey nice shooting, but check this out i can throw it behind me and land it without looking... most of the time
how about we play HORSE or something
oh check it out theres friends who want to play also, we can go shirts vs skins

Dota:
fuck you why are you so terrible
fuck your shoes they arent regulation what the fuck
this ball is too light did you even check how much PSI it had, fucking casual
where is your uniform how the fuck do you think you can play this game without a fucking uniform you fuck
what do you mean you want to quit, we arent even near the regulation time for FIRST quarter, we got another hour of this shit to go
>>
>>377396680
Oh and one more thing, what I've found is "carrying" in HotS is playing a specialist and farming 5x the exp of the average player in the game, then your team can win every teamfight. That + pushing was the only way I found myself able to solo carry consistently.
>>
>>377396737
hot monkey dick
>>
>>377383819
>moba
hero brawler you mean
>>
File: dotards.jpg (176KB, 1486x509px) Image search: [Google]
dotards.jpg
176KB, 1486x509px
>>377382013

At the very least the HOTS art was made by something other than a 4 year old's crayon kit.
>>
why doesn't /v/ talk about battlerite?
>>
>>377397046
>no string on bow
???
Explain this dotards
>>
>>377396737
A not very fun to play character that can easily get merc camps.
>>
>>377397221
literally magic
>>
>>377397326
>mage pretending to be an archer
Disgusting.
>>
How's Tyrande's new rework? Is she actually unique now?
>>
>>377388198
Artist here. What's... wrong with it exactly?
>>
>>377396680
carries in HoTS do exist.

Try more damage oriented heroes of fury Warrior Varian or Tychus. although I do understand completely what you're saying I think thats how HoTS purposely designed itself. Team reliance is everything and if there existed a character who could just 1v5 @ lategame it would be way too strong in comparison with the other characters. to be honest I feel like the real drawing point of HoTS for me is the unique hero kit design. sometimes its ridiculously hard to balance but other times it REALLY feels awesome to play a hero that has such a unique kit ( like Sylvanas disabling structures and mind controlling enemies or how SGT Hammer can perpetually siege the enemie forts at level 20 from globally across the map) The thing I love about HoTs is that no two characters overlap
>>
>>377397554
I'm no dotard but i think that's a cool aesthetic, can be explained canonically as the visualization allows the mage to create a more effective projectile or something

The drawing is clearly garbage though
>>
File: IMG_0842.jpg (64KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0842.jpg
64KB, 900x506px
>>377382013

Because this:
https://a.pomf.cat/lefuqg.webm
>>
>>377391078
thank you mein nigga
>>
>>377397046
HOTS looks like 3d model
Dota2 looks like painted art

how is one better than another?
>>
>>377397721
I do love to mess around with all of the unique HotS heroes. The only unique ones I didn't like were TLV and Abathur.

Sylvanas was my most played, I think they reworked her upgrades and the setup I used to roll with was extremely OP, I was able to mow down waves pretty much instantly and then solo down towers + forts.

And I know carries do exist, the Butcher annoys the shit out of me in the late game, but that feeling of "impact" I was describing isn't there as much, which like you said I think is purposely designed. League/Dota want you to be able to put other players in situations that they basically cannot get out of. HotS wants it to feel fair at all times, so the benefit of that is you're rarely on the losing end of bullshit.
>>
Raggy feels so weak. I want to like him, but I just can't get a good build going.
>>
>>377398171
did they nerf him? if not, he is amazing nd I can write some tips if youd like. He is an amazing assassin with a very strong kit.
>>
>>377382248
it's a good game Bront
>>
>>377387065
go back to your containment general
>>
File: 1495093495276.jpg (100KB, 861x923px) Image search: [Google]
1495093495276.jpg
100KB, 861x923px
For the same reason underage "people" shit the board up with their Overwatch threads. Why can't they discuss their casual normie MOBAs on leddit where they belong?
>>
>>377383819
2-1-2 meta hasn't existed for a while (like honestly years)
1-1-3 is a popular one, you even sometimes see 1-2-2 if the midlaner doesn't care about xp as much as shutting down their opponent
>>
File: tauren04-large.jpg (214KB, 430x615px) Image search: [Google]
tauren04-large.jpg
214KB, 430x615px
>>377394247
I just played him again for the first time in a long time, took me a bit of getting used to him but he hasn't been this fun in a while
did they fix him recently? I remember having a hard time with him a while back
>>
File: 1400556251805.jpg (119KB, 832x668px) Image search: [Google]
1400556251805.jpg
119KB, 832x668px
>>377382013
>Why do we like HoTS again?
because nu-/v/ is a sucker for nu-Blizzard games and they suck at the real deal dota 2.
>>
>>377382248
This
Since that Blizzcon sticky nobody asked for I knew there were Acti-Blizzshills here promoting Blizzgames and Destiny 2
>>
>>377383819
>every champion is useful the entire match
Greetings from Nova
>>
File: 1473389539904.jpg (21KB, 332x385px) Image search: [Google]
1473389539904.jpg
21KB, 332x385px
>Me and friend try playing Cho'gall while on skype
>The damage
>The healing
>The CC

the pull into twisting nether alone is fucking disgusting
>>
File: Girls[1].png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls[1].png
490KB, 449x401px
>people actually thinking anybody gives a shit about 4chan, let alone to shill in it
>>
>>377399042
>this new
>>
>>377398523
Changing his passive to give armor helped him out a lot with suriviability, combined with the additional armor from a talent. The old one didn't really help at all; it only gave allies attack speed. Recently, I've been taking Stage Dive instead of Mosh Pit on ETC and its been a lot of fun initiating fights and getting pick offs with it.
>>
>>377398867
Are you saying that slow isn't useful as a setup?
>>
>>377386871
>wakes up in a place where he can kill everyone from Arthas to Thrall over and over again
I can see why he'd like it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (41KB, 276x326px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
41KB, 276x326px
>>377399118
>thinking this shithole compares in any way to the amount of influence and influx it had years before
>thinking anyone has paid any attention to it for the past five years, at all, in any way
>>
File: abathur.jpg (157KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
abathur.jpg
157KB, 900x652px
>check out hots when it first comes out
>it's somehow lower than cockroach shit, the pure essence of garbage
>the first thing they get working is the fucking cash shop
>absolutely disgusted, go back to dota

>fast forward several years
>dota is dead to me after 7.00 but had lost most interest beforehand due to the endless summer of faceless void and tinker
>try out the game due to 2.0
>suddenly getting heroes isn't a horrid jewish grind
>games are actually kinda fun
>hotsbabs complain about mobility creep but I could go for way more (protect shit should be limited though)
>anub'arak is even more fun than he used to be and isn't relying on wc3 icons for everything

But holy shit they need to fire whoever keeps making 2-lane maps.
>>
>>377399490
I think the thing with HOTS is as people have stated its a very distilled form of Moba and is really just a Hero Brawler. If you enjoy the Team Fight aspect of Dota 2 then HOTS really resonates with that.
>>
>>377399398
Were you in a coma?
>the fappening
>meme frog got into the news
>GG autismos
Oh, you probably weren't even there.
>>
>>377397923
>TLV and Abathur

have you tried them all though?

If you like micro play you should try illusion Samuro. at level 20 he basically becomes TLV 2.0
>>
>>377382248
fpbp
>>
>>377392403
It is. When the majority of the player base is at the shit level
>>
>>377397690
look at the seam
>>
File: 1494600803049.jpg (361KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494600803049.jpg
361KB, 1280x768px
>>377399762
True, but initially heroes were bullshit to grind for and the gameplay was god-awful. Fights were more focused on weak poking, team fighting was fucking bland, talents were mostly a mess (there's a reason the vanilla shit like MULE keeps getting pruned), and vanilla haunted mines was somehow worse than hanamura.

Time, trial, and error have all helped refine the game into something better. But initially the game did not represent the feeling of an exciting moba teamfight, but a neutered early game LoL skirmish with 80% less hero variety.

I hope the mobility creep continues, it's honestly good for the game. Support creep is also important though, I'd like to see them given stronger CC (ex. brightwing poly should last longer).
>>
>>377387187
I quit dota 1, 2, HoN and LoL to play HotS because it's much more carefree to play
( but it still took around 6500 wasted hours on the games mentioned )
>>
>>377400180
ouch that hurts
>>
>>377399917
>thinking any of that got anywhere relevant out of 4chan, instead of all the other actually relevant places showcasing it after fetching it from here

You don't matter. You will never matter. Even if you want to cling to the delusion of your c00l guYz cluB. Enjoy the day.
>>
File: Lunara_png_jpgcopy.jpg (343KB, 3600x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Lunara_png_jpgcopy.jpg
343KB, 3600x2250px
>>377384698
>
>>
>>377400243
I wish we, as in 4chan users, didn't matter and the userbase slowly declined. I wish a retard like you was right about this.
>>
>>377383418
>>377384698
>>377400314
All of these are done by Luke Mancini, not LD Austin.
>>
>>377400314
I actually like this. It's nice to see Dryads being ugly and creepy.
>>
>>377400417

Be happy. You are as irrelevant as you wish you were.
>>
>>377400746
I would if that was the case.
If only you had the statistics to back you up mr. retard.
>>
>tfw bought Probius
HELP ME BROS HOW THE FUCK DO I PLAY
>>
File: 1494748968413.png (161KB, 422x357px) Image search: [Google]
1494748968413.png
161KB, 422x357px
So do all specialists do is push lanes and pray to god their team doesn't have a learning disability?
I mean I'm winning but it's purely off of me doing objectives solo and ricing so hard I could feed a fat chinamans family for a year.
>>
File: 1360762708078.jpg (153KB, 436x833px) Image search: [Google]
1360762708078.jpg
153KB, 436x833px
>>377396263
Man the things I'd do to fel Chromie
>>
>>377400194
seems that's where they're going see Uther rework encouraging aggressive play to get a stun on a very short CD
>>
STOP LIKING GAMES RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Kael'thas_Cyberhawk_3.jpg (56KB, 545x599px) Image search: [Google]
Kael'thas_Cyberhawk_3.jpg
56KB, 545x599px
>>377391817
>And people like fighting a zeratul with the butcher
I would've taken a game with a single art direction of Space Leoric/Cyberhawk Kael'thas any time over the shitfest we have now. There is no real point in these characters outside of their universes anyway, they are rulers of nothing and they fight for nothing.
>>
>>377399168
I pulled off my first "pick-off" with mosh pit on someone running away at low health
that shit is fun
>>
>>377400814
I just started playing him literally today but I mostly solo lane, build up pylons and turrets to control the lane and push back enemies and then in team fights do warp blast -> pulsar thing and just melt people if they aren't paying attention.

Also Pylon Overload if the enemy team isn't smart enough to destroy your Pylons has deceptively long range and will nuke them down.

You are fast, bursty, really good at clearing waves/structures and extremely good at team fights but if an assassin catches you out then you melt quickly.
>>
>>377400954
The Uther rework was very good, I wish I could say the same about Tyrande. But even so, both indicated that trend towards a more aggressive support playstyle. Which is good.
>>
>>377399490
Anub'Arak can't be fun with that new crappy voice actor. They should have used his wc3 lines.
>>
>>377383690
This
>>
File: 1480305118534.jpg (115KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480305118534.jpg
115KB, 688x800px
>>377401087
>mfw the Wc3 anub'arak V.A voiced Abathur in HoTS
>>
>>377382248
If it's for complete idiots then you should gather up 4 of your best friends and make easy money by dominating the HGC.
>>
>>377401002

The point is to make fans giddy over the possibility of playing characters they enjoy out of their outdated, dead or otherwise unplayable-cuz-NPCs games. It's a very, very good point and honestly makes it worth it.
Or are you trying to say instead that DoTA and LoL manage to make their setups "sense making"? Because no, the mini-backgrounds and the stupid reasoning behind the grand royale of battling is hilariously bad. At least HoTS doesn't try to make sense out of something that simply doesn't.
>>
people only started giving a shit about it because blizzard forced people to play it for free overwatch skins

mobage are the lamest shit
>>
>>377401774
>forced
despite confirming the skins would appear in the regular lootbox rotation? Ok
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (40KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
40KB, 600x517px
>>377401774
>mobage
>>
>>377392789
why, because he's a pussy that doesn't do what he want's to do?
>>
>>377393890
dude, you are playing quick matches.
"afraid of losing" is like the most beta of excuses
>>
>>377401875
>in the regular lootbox rotation

>100% chances of getting the 2 skins by playing 10 games
versus
>0.00001% of getting police D.va in a random lootbox because it's a legendary skin

Yeah, totally not forced.
>>
>>377402318
Or you could be an adult and not play a game you don't like for a cosmetic in an FPS.
>>
>>377402318
that ones on you, not blizzard
>>
File: pulse-people-laughing3[1].jpg (37KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
pulse-people-laughing3[1].jpg
37KB, 780x433px
>>377401774
>mobage
>>
>>377396737
play illusions. It's really fun and people get fucked up by your buddy clones
>>
>>377401602
I absolutely love this "argument". Seriously, it gives me a good laugh every time I see it just due to how retarded it is.
>>
>>377402318
>Using peoples strange obsession with cosmetics to drive traffic to other Blizzard games.
Maybe stop caring about cosmetics.
>>
>>377385443
Can somebody tell me hiw Tyrande is pronounced?
Is it Tyrand-ayy or Tyrand-uh
I pronounce it like the former, and my friends make fun of me for it.
>>
File: avgn sprite.png (6KB, 720x560px) Image search: [Google]
avgn sprite.png
6KB, 720x560px
HoTS is fucking garbage and /v/ has recently become so contrarian and hipster they like generally disliked games that are disliked because they're more casualized.

Just look at all the recent "love" for Dark Souls 2

This board is awful
>>
>>377402507
haha yeah. I mean, who the fuck has 4 friends? haha
>>
THEY TURNED THE QT WHITE REDHEAD MEDIC INTO A FUCKING SPIC MAMACITA BLIZZARD CAN FUCKING DIE IN HELL
>>
File: 1495105895495.png (229KB, 700x563px) Image search: [Google]
1495105895495.png
229KB, 700x563px
>>377401774
>mobage
>>
>>377402579
>play game
>its kinda fun
>Go to talk about it with other people who found it fun on a video game board
But apparently thats not allowed.
talking about video games is ALWAYS more preferable to shitting on people for playing a game just because they didn't like it. Does this shit happen on /an/?
>Fucking cows, theyre just slower horses. I bet you're trying to sell me beef. Everyone hated cows 6 months ago
You don't like a game, don't enter the thread. Enter a thread and discuss games you do like
>>
>>377402507
>this game is so easy even a retard could master it
>but i won't master it and earn lots of money by playing a video game because it's beneath me

Or you can admit that the game is more nuanced than you're shitposting about and that you wouldn't make it in a competitive circuit.
>>
>>377402553
Tyrand-uh
>>
>>377402761
Then why not just make threads for the game instead of intentionally making threads like "/v/ as a whole likes/hates this game" or "Now that the dust has settled..." to bait replies.

sage needs to be public again, people don't sage while shitposting anymore because of it.
>>
ranger general sylvanas makes my dick hard. thats why I like the game
>>
>>377402857
because the only way to actually keep a thread alive and attract people to it is by throwing out as much bait as you can.

If you start a thread with "You know I like this game, I understand its not everyone's cup of tea but I'd like to discuss it if anyone else would" you get 0 replies.

If you post a stupid fucking reaction image and say BLIZZARD CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS, WHAT DO WE DO DOTABROS??? then you get fucking 423 replies of people taking the bait.
>>
>>377403021
Don't forget the former, if it does get replies, half of those are shill posts
/v/ has lost its ability to discuss or ignore
>>
>>377402553
Tee-run-da
>>
>>377402553
Tü-ran-deh
>>
>>377403021
There's a balance between those where you can make a thread look fun to attract people who like the game but keep shitposters to other threads, like making a thread where the OP is an in-joke from the game.

That USED to work. But now there's so many le ebin reddit shitposters looking to bring back their ebin trolling exploits to /r/4chan that shitposters consist of 80% of the board and if you don't shitpost nobody will care since the entire board just wants to shitpost

I want to fucking die.
>>
>>377403283
requesting the "if you act like idiots for too long then idiots will think they have found good company" quote.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 313x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 313x450px
>>377397046
>>377382013
Why did they turn Li-Ming into a caked in makeup crazy bitch in Hots?

There isn't a shred of her more humble personality from D3 left
>>
>>377394213
>Arthas because he's unkillable.
give me the arthas tank build pls
>>
>>377382013
There are some fun heroes. But Holy tirinity in a Moba is retarded as fuck, so the game will never ever be as good as Dota.
>>
File: 1489717669317.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489717669317.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>377403774
>Li-Ming
>humble personality
>>
>>377382013
"We"? You don't speak for me, retard.
Game is shit.
>>
>>377401002
>There is no real point in these characters outside of their universes anyway
do you complain about the same thing in smash?

lol
>>
>>377402553
easy

Türandä
>>
>>377383109
The reason HOTS waifus are better (other than Thighrande's thickness) is that some of them are established characters as well, that makes them more likable.
>>
File: cnn-alt-facts-1.jpg (171KB, 1519x938px) Image search: [Google]
cnn-alt-facts-1.jpg
171KB, 1519x938px
>>377403774
>Li-Ming
>humble
ahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

you have NEVER played sorceress in d3 if you think she's humble
>>
>>377396737
learn to use illusion master, its impossible to kill you with it
>>
>>377403774
>annoying asshole through the entire game
>humble
???
>>
>>377382248
this
>>
>>377402821
You can't "master" it because the skill ceilling is lower than your IQ. "Competitive" players just play the best strats over and over again and hope their adversaries fuck up at some point to give them a edge.
>>
>>377390283
>Dawngate
I choose both. You're right generally speaking though.
>>
>>377405156
>>annoying asshole
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who finds people charming who constantly tell everyone how awesome they are

Sorceress is hilarious in d3
>>
File: 1272172020522.jpg (34KB, 507x411px) Image search: [Google]
1272172020522.jpg
34KB, 507x411px
>>377402670
>mfw I looted the Samus skin.for her.
>>
>>377388902
there wasn't emotes, voice lines, announcers & sprays before either
>>
>>377383418
>Have to fucking stare at tracers derpy face everytime the game has to load

Shes bong eyed to fuck on this and they put her everywhere, how hard is it to fix her eyes?
>>
>>377383819
>>every champion is useful the entire match, mitigating the cancer that is hyper-carries

Wrong, if you're not choosing a tier 1/2 hero you're fucked.

Tier 1
Falstad, Muradin, Malfurion, Rehgar, Valla, Ragnaros, Dehaka, Sonya, Lucio, Anub’arak, Cassia, Arthas, Gul’dan, Leoric, Auriel, Greymane, Zeratul, Zarya

Tier 2
Xul, Kharazim, Rexxar, Nazeebo, Sgt.Hammer, Kerrigan, Illidan, Johanna, Diablo, Artanis, Li-Ming, Varian, Jaina, Probius, Uther, Tassadar, Sylvanas, Genji
>>
>>377401709
Even Pyrion Flax, one of the biggest dotards there was, realized how fucking shit Dota's lore was.
https://youtu.be/gQBMLEsRqpg?t=44
>>
>>377390984
>one with the best numbers.

you could not be any more wrong

there is no 1v5 carry in LoL unlike Dota's le 6 item Antimage with Moonshard+Ahg buffed with BkB

In league mechanical skill is valued above all whereas in Dota its all about whos got the better lategame right clicker 9/10 times. either that or whoever has the 1v5 AOE champ like Enigma
>>
>Jaina lost her cleavage

this makes me bothered
>>
>>377405156
>>377404882
>>377404503
D3
>I am sorry about your wife, Haedrig. I wish it had not come to that.

HOTS
>My teachers always used to tell me I was full of myself. But that can't be true. I can't get enough of me

She's completely different
>>
>>377407420
I don't remember specific lines but i do feel the wizard was generally kinda cocky in d3
>>
>>377407420
>I'm too much for you
>You're almost not worth it
>I'm just warming up
>your defenses are nothing
It's completely in line with her d3 banter

Of course she's not gonna show the same empathy in battle as she does towards civilians
>>
File: 1480007250976.jpg (63KB, 621x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480007250976.jpg
63KB, 621x720px
>>377387187
>Moba player making fun of dumbed down games.
>>
>>377393475
>gul'dan can drain structures

are you retarded or have just never played the video game?
>>
File: 1475688522226.jpg (140KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1475688522226.jpg
140KB, 500x417px
>>377391995
>>377392940
>the flurry talent that makes him fuck anyone he dashes to up
>>
>>377411041
>The flurry talent that only hits someone twice before they've backed out of range
>>
Is there anything more soul crushing than playing a specialist and your team can't into a single roll?
It's like being a captain on a sinking ship, you really wish you weren't there but you can't exactly leave.
>>
>>377398636
there was ablizzcon sticky??
>>
wud u fug britewing
>>
>>377411907
Yes
>>
>>377406205
Enigma's shtick is that he was part of three other forces of nature, that Fundamentals, with his existence representing the forces of gravity.

The Dota lore is actually pretty thick. It's not great but it doesn't really matter to the majority of players.
>>
>>377393583
>play with friend, rest of the team are solos
>get matched against full team of 5 people with actual team composition
It was a complete stomp so not much time was lost, but that shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>377382013
>Grab a random person for the nexus challenge
>Go 1-4 in quick match

Great matchmaking Blizzard.
>>
>>377384607
go to bed victor
>>
>>377413186
>Play with 4 other guys at work who are pretty new, including myself
>All under 100, except one who is 636
>Get matched up with 5 mans all over level 400
Sometimes the slow tower aspect can drag the lost cause matches on too long
>>
>>377382013
We don't.
>>
>>377382013
form your own opinion
>>
>>377384017
>It's a moba so it's inherently bad

MOBAs aren't inherently bad and HotS isn't a MOBA.

> it seems less awful than other mobas

Yes, because it's casual. They wanted to make a moba but they didn't, they watered down key mechanics of the genre to appeal to people too dumb to play other games, creating a shitty multiplayer ARTS.
>>
>>377401709
LoLs made sense before they started changing shit and dotas does make sense but is sparse necessitating some inference
>>
File: implying.jpg (98KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
98KB, 750x1000px
>>377388438
>>
>>377389642
and some people say that playing videogames is not work.
>>
>>377385832
Her in-game portrait is one of the beat too.
>>
>>377414612
I'll let you know level means nothing.
I frequently see people who've put weeks worth of gameplay into certain characters and still be absolute trash at them.
Most people even in high tier ranked games are wearing helmets.
>>
>>377395063
>playting chen agains a varian
> push the lane and take all the turret ammo while varian keep hiting me with hes little stick.
> kill both turrets and varian and im still at full hp

this fucking panda is bonkers
>>
File: SecSj61[1].jpg (96KB, 1086x574px) Image search: [Google]
SecSj61[1].jpg
96KB, 1086x574px
>>377415120
remember this?
>>
>>377398967
>Get CCd
>Die
>>
>>377382013

As a competitive game, it's shit. As a non-serious fun game, it's alright. I have a lot more fun thinking of it as a shitgame not to be taken seriously. Now I play Genji constantly and don't give a fuck about what my teammates say.
>>
>>377391409
He's not saying Taunt isn't viable, he's saying Colossal Smash is still viable even though Taunt is better.

He's right.
>>
>>377416034
Yes, that art was made by a third party a long time ago when Hirez didn't have enough artists.
>>
>>377391409

Taunt is the best ultimate in platinum and higher. In gold and lower, your teammates will rarely take advantage of a good taunt. I fucked up my placements this season and ended up in gold, it's like a completely different game.
>>
>>377389320
>Hearthstone
Hes never been good at hearthstone
People watch him because of how he rages whenever literally anyone beat him
>>
>>377389642
Maybe if he wasnt so bad at it while being a pompous fuck
>>
I just like playing as LiLi the Explorer.

Any good tips? I mostly prefer aggressive healers like Zen from Overwatch, I don't mind just sitting back with her
>>
>>377384290
I used to love playing hammer, still do from time to time.

But fuck me if they didn't introduce a boatload of heroes that can completely negate the siege advantage and turn hammer into free kill.
>>
>>377396150
You dont understand what power creep is
>>
>>377399168
You should try johanna's Falling Sword with the level 20 upgrade.

Shit can wreck teams.
>>
>>377394953

>play W build chromie
>learn to hold my shit till the enemy gets CCd and I can hit the center
>use quantum boost
>literally oneshot enemies from 80% HP

If you die learn how to place your E and your slowing ult. Chromie is busted as fuck if you can consistently land your shit. Her double Q talent with a Q based build is just fucking retarded, you can hit 4 times off a single Q cast
>>
>>377401709

This. I love all the wild alternate stuff like robo Kael, Cable Sonya etc. and how the game just blatantly doesnt give a shit for muh deepest lore. Its just the Lich King and Diablo and other well known characters fighting and talking shit to eachother
>>
>>377397721
This is the best aspect of HotS to me, is how it has some elements of every ridiculous WC3 AoS. when map makers weren't afraid of making some absurd hero that doesn't play like any others. The only leftover from the early wild west days of WC3 modding in DotA is techies.
>>
File: quack.jpg (36KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
quack.jpg
36KB, 650x488px
>>377385909
>her hand
>quack quack quack
>>
>>377416541
I went 4-6 in placements and got placed Diamond 3

Like I always do.
I dont think placements do anything.
>>
>>377398867
As a new player, I find Nova just murdering the opposing team almost every time, aside from the feeders for the Overwatch event.

What am I supposed to do against her?
>>
>>377382013

Because its fine. I still play dota regularly but sometimes you dont want to be stuck in a game for an hour or more because a guy on your team gets butthurt and refuses to leave the jungle while youre holding the enemy team at their base 4v5. Seriously the massive amount of autism in dota ruins that shit, or sometimes the enemy team doesnt realize when they can push/win or they just fountainhook instead of finishing.

Hots isnt deep, it also suffers from clearly imbalanced heroes who dont get nerfed for a long time, not to mention that being unable to ban what maps you dont want to do is fucking cancer because hanamura is nothing but fucking garbage. But the game overall is still fun. And if youre in a bad game the most it typically lasts is 25 mins, though ive been in longer matches and they were enjoyable, the match being short as fuck on average is a fucking blessing.
>>
>>377384607
Someone said Abathur can clear merc camps in another thread as well as Sylvanas can, please explain this.
>>
>>377418558
She has no escapes and her range is average for a ranged person. If you're a melee person, just dive onto her face. Nova cannot out-dps anyone. She has good burst, and then it's gone.

Also know that her clone counts as a hero for things like building stacks.
>>
>>377418649
Meant to quote >>377418534
>>
>>377418534

>spot the ripple effect of her stealth
>get her out with a skillshot or an aoe
>rape her ass as she has no escapes at all
>learn to tell apart which one is the clone

Nova is absolutely fucking useless when her team is behind, she can only turn wins into stomps.

Also, this. >>377418649 Having a Nova or a Samuro on the enemy team means youre going to have a comfy time playing flamestrike Kael.
>>
>>377407420
Quest dialog is completely different from her general one-liners that you hear every other trash pack.
>>
>>377418927

>tfw THE GODS STRIKE THROUGH ME didnt get in for Kharazim

Literally just why.
>>
File: !.jpg (4KB, 100x174px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
4KB, 100x174px
>>377388198
>Dr.Suess hands
Holy shit why?
>>
>he still isn't playing Zul'jin
Care to explain?
>>
>>377418616
He's lying unless they went monstrosity abby can't clear mercs on his own. Even if you go monstrosity you'd still have to tunnel to that camp since it can't claim them.
>>
>>377419612
Not everybody can play him; some of us need to make way for the bad guy.
>>
>>377419612

Zuljin is trash. You dont die during your ult, so what? Youll die to the dot or get hit by a ranged creep right after. The hero idea is fine but probably worst iteration ive seen in a moba. Maybe im playing him incorrectly but i doubt it, he just feels meh.
>>
>>377417441
I still play her often. But chromie is such a direct counter it isn't even funny. If you're unlucky enough to go against a chromie as hammer your only option is to just find where she is on the map and go as far away from that area as you can.
>>
>>377421378
It combo's well with Reghar no?

Gives time for Zuljin to have max buff, while giving reghar ample time to cast his ult on Zuljin.
>>
>>377384978
Not if you're murky. Dying is just a way to get around the map quicker.
>>
>>377421378

The entire point is that youre free to use your right click move and deal tons of damage with berserking and be safe even before you actually press it. Also, the level 20 talent actually heals you back after.
>>
>>377421876
>Murky

Basically the only reason I play hots. Whoever designed this gets an A+ in my book.

I cant imagine a more annoying hero to play against.
>>
>>377391202
>>377384978
thats because if didnt die you get 100 points because you were alive 100% of the time. when you kill someone you get 1 point. if you are a healer and you had #1 healing in the game you get 2 points. so if you die once in late game you wont get mvp because thats 1 minute of death timer out of 20 mintue game, so you would have to get 5 solo kills to average it out

source: http://hastebin.com/lafepufusi.cs
>>
>>377382013
I thought it was doing pretty purely which is why they decided to go with more sexy character designs instead of pandering to sjws as always
>>
File: 1325301978091.jpg (9KB, 252x248px) Image search: [Google]
1325301978091.jpg
9KB, 252x248px
>join game
>russian names
>russian chat
>"maybe this time it'll be different"

>30 minute match of watching my teammates do nothing but diving into the entire enemy team then blinking me constantly because I didn't die with them

Russian containment server when.
>>
>>377386010
>Caring about the lore in a Moba that merges multiple completely different universes

Son are you FUCKING RETARDED?
>>
>>377422573

>do """""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""""" hots
>russians and morons
>nobody soaks
>nobody clears lanes
>can't solo carry in this game so guaranteed loss
>uninstalled
>>
>>377422520
>RPS: You have some interesting alternate outfits for heroes. Roller Derby Nova, especially, caught my eye. On its own, that’s totally fine – just a silly, goofy thing. A one-off. But it got me thinking about how often MOBAs tend to hyper-sexualize female characters to a generally preposterous degree – that is to say, make it the norm, not a one-off at all – and StarCraft’s own, um, interesting focus choices as of late. How are you planning to approach all of that in Heroes?

>Browder: Well, I mean, some of these characters, I would argue, are already hyper-sexualized in a sense. I mean, Kerrigan is wearing heels, right? We’re not sending a message to anybody. We’re just making characters who look cool. Our sensibilities are more comic book than anything else. That’s sort of where we’re at. But I’ll take the feedback. I think it’s very fair feedback.

>RPS: I have to add, though, that comics might not be the best point of reference for this sort of thing. I mean, it’s a medium that’s notorious – often in a not-good way – for sexing up female characters and putting them in some fairly gross situations.

>Browder: We’re not running for President. We’re not sending a message. No one should look to our game for that.

>RPS: But it’s not even about a message. The goal is to let people have fun in an environment where they can feel awesome without being weirded out or even objectified. This is a genre about empowerment. Why shouldn’t everyone feel empowered? That’s what it’s about at the end of the day: letting everyone have a fair chance to feel awesome.

>Browder: Uh-huh. Cool. Totally.

Still the best.
>>
File: 18j3wwd245ffnjpg.jpg (85KB, 800x1387px) Image search: [Google]
18j3wwd245ffnjpg.jpg
85KB, 800x1387px
>>377407420

Bitch have you ever paid any attention to the actual character quotes?
Quest dialogues are shared by ALL characters.
You think the Witch Doctors are the exact same in personality as the Crusaders?
Because these are the quotes for Wizard banter;

>Your grave awaits!
>I don't know why I trouble myself.
>My time is more valuable than this.
>I am so good, I astound myself!
>I am UNSTOPPABLE! *laughter*
>(On skill activation) *Maniacal laughter*

Literally all her quotes are from actual Diablo 3 instances.
Educate yourself.
>>
>>377423060
I actually feel like they tried to pander to sjws at first but saw how they got their ass kicked by league and dota 2 so deiced to go with the more appealing designs
I would love to see how blizzard would react if suddenly 50% of their overwatch plays stopped playing it as well
>>
>>377419612
Because valla and greymane is the true master race.
>>
File: 1494890271034.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1494890271034.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>377385909
i actually like it, am I retarded?
>>
>>377419287
VENGEANCE!
>>
>>377382013
I like LiLi
>>
>>377423316
>I actually feel like they tried to pander to sjws at first
HotS has had the lewd skins an Tyrande's Glorious Thighs since the very beginning.
>>
File: 423532523.png (75KB, 290x265px) Image search: [Google]
423532523.png
75KB, 290x265px
>>377382013
>we
>>
>>377385909
What's with her ingame facial animation barely moving her head at all?
Looked terribly lazy. And she's fucking ugly too.
>>
>>377419287
It did, he says that when he uses 7 sided strike
>>
>>377405929

I think he's saying that, within a given match, your hero stays relevant the whole time, as opposed to other games where it's much more about getting your carry online and then hoping they can win you the match.
>>
>>377423060
Jesus Christ that can't be real
>>
Moira Bronzebeard, Cairne Bloodhoof, Gelbin Mekkatorque, Garrosh Hellscream with a Grommash legendary skin, Lei Shen, Velen, Maraad, Fenix, an actual Goliath Pilot, Baal, Mephisto, a Rock n Roll Racer, and Blackthorne when?
>>
>>377387694
Pretty much this. The 45+minutes games are trash. It's just garbage to get stuck with people for that long. Combined with the "Make one mistake and you are behind forever" means that it generates nothing positive for team play to have it that long.

HoTS comeback mechanics, objectives, and talent trees are all superior.

Then you have the fact that the Heroes are just so much cooler.
>>
>>377405318
>takes two minutes to look up strats that work
>practically every group of talents has only one that is useful
>Skill ceiling is basically just knowing what heroes do what and proper counters, there's even a wiki to help
>too scared to even play the game for more than five games to get your Overwatch skins

This game is really easy (as long as you know how to play at least one hero), I don't doubt this, but I like having a MOBA with no huge list of items that 1/4 of them are useful. It actually has different maps that can really turn the tables if you're losing. No longer need to pay for cosmetics. This game is probably the most casual MOBA and I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>377382248
seriously how much money do these people get for shilling?
>>
>>377405318
>"Competitive" players just play the best strats over and over again and hope their adversaries fuck up at some point to give them a edge.
Congrats you just described every single competitive thing in human history.
>>
>D2 characters comment on how ridiculous D3 got if you poke them enough
Wew
>>
File: 1485724547712.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1485724547712.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>377382340
no you dont

its a multi layered skinner box for maximizing addiction and profit.

there is barely any game play at all, you mostly baby sit NPCs

im going to love the day when the government drop the hammer on this back door gambling machines for kids.
>>
>>377425753
Real and HIGHLY PROBLEMATIC.
He was made to apologize.
Remember: Women want to look ugly in their power fantasies. That's the take from all this. If they're sexy it doesn't matter if they're a threat to the entire galaxy on the powerscale, they've been objectified and rendered subservient to males.
>>
>>377382013
Li's 2D portrait is so awful but her 3D one is so cute and aloof

Nova is the other way around
>>
>>377426447
Li-Ming is best HotS girl
>>
I like it because there is some genuinely interesting and unusual characters to play.
>Abathur
>Sgt Hammer
>Lost Vikings
>ChoGall
>Medievh

Especially Abathur,lost vikings and Chogall
They might not be very competitive in a tier list but they are completely fresh and unusual in a MOBA game
>>
>>377425836
I feel nothing for my teammates after a game of HotS. There's no real struggle, even when you lose. It just ends.

I like HotS, broadly, but it's nowhere near as impactful as the monumental victories that you can carve out regularly in the more serious games.
>>
>>377410310

>thinks gazlowe turrets count as structures

Retards calling other people retarded
>>
>>377421378
His ult just isnt good without level 20. With Huskar in Dota 2, you have massive magic resistance when you are low health and you can use a self heal that works through damage and an HP boosting item you can toggle on and off for extra health.
>>
>>377426798

Eh, your feelings are way too invested on trying to differentiate them. You probably simply have nostalgia attachment to older titles and use that for hair splitting in your mind. I feel nothing for anybody on DoTA and LoL, except mild disgust whenever they open their mouths, ever, no matter what plays they may make, if they ever do. Same as HoTS.
None of the three are any more serious. HoTS has far more value on the actual character builds and tactics tied to them, while LoL and DoTA have more value on pre-character buildups and jungle setups.
>>
>>377426798
>in the more serious games.
What a joke, MOBAs are literally dumbed down RTS's anyone who pretends that MOBA is worthy of some sort of respect is a fucking joke.
HOTS is the most fun to play therefore superior to all other try hard mobas
Serious games
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, jesus.
>>
>>377426559
Does anyone actually use the other heroic that's not disintegrate ?
>>
>>377427539
You see it sometimes in organised play but not really no.
>>
>>377426583
Whoever wrote the dialog for the Vikings should write a sequel for them, theyre easily the funniest characters in the game
>>
File: IMG_1929.jpg (34KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1929.jpg
34KB, 600x599px
>>377426205
>i like it
>no you dont
>>
>>377426583
This

I like leagues/Dota Mechanics.

I love the variety of skills and kickass plays you can make in dota.
Hots though, has some really unique heros. Abathur, Murky, Chogall are all fucking great to play.
>>
>>377404112
Howling blast quest
hero slow quest
Rune tap
Army of the dead
More improved frozen tepest and frostmorn hungers
>>
>>377382013
I played Li Ming in this game and she feels like she's fucking garbage. Her teleport goes a pathetically short distance. Her spells go a pathetically short distance on top of dealing extremely underwhelming damage and being easy as fuck to dodge. She's squishy as fuck. All in all, she feels fucking shit, and like a disgrace to the Diablo 3 Wizard.
>>
>>377386871
don't forget that he soloed ragnaros right after
also
>those poke lines where he talks about anduin
>>
>>377429641
whatever you say shitterkun
>>
>>377429641
Stop being predictable, get a better build and stop being shit.
>>
File: slut_chromie.jpg (145KB, 613x752px) Image search: [Google]
slut_chromie.jpg
145KB, 613x752px
Don't mind me - just one-shotting your team mates.
>>
File: Laughing negro.gif (4MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing negro.gif
4MB, 298x224px
>>377429641
>dealing extremely underwhelming damage
weak bait
>>377430351
If they stand in the center of Chorime W good they deserve it
>>
>>377429924
>>377430153
>>377430439
kusoge
>>
File: tumblr_n93i3jwvAx1rf7lh8o1_1280.png (677KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n93i3jwvAx1rf7lh8o1_1280.png
677KB, 900x960px
>>377428089

I wouldn't call Cho'Gall unique. He was done before in what I would consider a better way.
>>
>>377382013
Someone rip her model from the game please. I want to see her underwear in the Star Princess outfit
>>
>>377429641
>and like a disgrace to the Diablo 3 Wizard
just like d3 wizards feels like a disgrace to the d2 sorceress?
>>
Why the fuck does this game keep crashing?
>>
>>377426798
Yes. I feel no rage, no anger, no hate. I don't even have to mute/report half those on HoTS, unlike league. I can move on to the next match with hope that I will get the good team this time.
>>
I want to push Sylvanas' lane
>>
>>377396206
Kael'thalas, the only difficult thing about him are the skillshot imo
>>
File: 1467746389087.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467746389087.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>377416249
what's the best build for genji tho, I can think about swift strike if the enemy team as a lot of squishies/range heros and shuriken for more meeles/tanks, but thats it?
>>
>>377430795
Because it's poorly made

Seemingly no one talks about it, but I experience a problem that I see a lot of other people experiencing, which is the game lagging for no reason during match. Most commonly when it's your first match since starting up the game.
>>
>>377429641
Doing it wrong then. Take the talent that makes the teleport deal damage. The one that gives you shield when you get a kill and else just buff the orb. I'm sure you do know that the longer the orb travels before it explodes the more damage it deals - just spam it into chokepoints and if someone comes in close teleport and Q a bit.
>>
>>377418479
Placements take your previous season rankings, as well as overall statistics into consideration.
>>
File: slutvanas.jpg (269KB, 921x1143px) Image search: [Google]
slutvanas.jpg
269KB, 921x1143px
This professional whore walks up to you in the lane and slaps your minions' ass. Wat do?
>>
How the hell do you make tyrael work? Whenever I play him I feel so useless like I can't really fight people
>>
I like jumping and chasing people as rehgar. That said, the game feels like underwater Dota, as everything lacks impact and feels boring. Also most maps SUCK BALLS OMG WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE THE OBJECTIVES SO SHIT COME ON ARE YOU RETARDED?
>>
>>377433989
Impregnate
>>
>>377386010
>>377386374
this
>>
>>377434638
By queueing with people who know how to teamwork. His ability to zone and chase makes him an excellent choice for any comp who knows how to work around him - and the bonus is that you don't have to be afraid of dying because you might still get damage onto someone or even a kill.
>>
File: Screenshot2017-05-13 03_05_50.jpg (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2017-05-13 03_05_50.jpg
348KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw contribute 1,738% more to team's control of points on average than any other Abathur my level

My dream is to hold temples on Sky Temple for two minutes as Abathur without dying once whilst having highest Siege, Hero Damage and XP Contribution on my team.
>>
so will they add destiny 2 heros to this game since it will be on the launcher? also still waiting on a hearthstone card champion
>>
>>377391601
What even is that? A pet? A courier?
>>
I only just started playing it for the Overwatch rewards, but I've actually been daily with my brother for a few games. That Nexus Challenge 2.0 thing was as transparent a plea for more new blood as it could be but it worked.

Didn't enjoy my past experiences with mobas (except maybe Smite), but this has been fun. I still have a flame in my heart for Blizzard characters even if a lot of their shit sucks now, and the community doesn't feel as intensive as the LoL/DotA2 communities since the game is apparently way simpler.
>>
Fuck Varian. Faggot has all sorts of CC and invincibility. I've sent so many messages to Blizzard that just say "DELETE THIS."
>>
>>377437274
>lvl 21 on abathur
casual
>>
>not playing as Alarak
>>
File: Screenshot2017-05-02 21_53_50.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot2017-05-02 21_53_50.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>377438008

This.

I knew it was a marketing ploy during the initial Oni Genji event, but I figured it wouldn't hurt trying it for the skin. After playing League of Legends so long, it was actually a good bit refreshing to play the equivilant the of Mario Party / Smash Bros of MOBAs. The objectives are silly, it's filled with characters from games that you're bound to at least like one or two of and it's plenty easy to not worry about any sort of toxicity and ignore what bit there might be.

Honestly, playing this casually, as it was made to be a casual game, is the best thing that has happened to me - I happily haven't touched League since Kledd's release after playing since LoL's release.

>>377438247

I am, yes.
>>
God dammit, you piece of shit Zarya. You can complain about me attacking the tanks, but your damage was shit, and you took the ult that pushed their DPS away, you dumb fuck.

Goddamn ran away to avoid damage in a teamfight instead of shooting goddamn anyone, and then you complain about me not attacking the DPS after using your fucking knockback ult.
>>
File: succubus_(male).jpg (273KB, 1067x1078px) Image search: [Google]
succubus_(male).jpg
273KB, 1067x1078px
>>
>>377438008
The game needed these changes. It's probably the only positive step a Blizzard game has taken in years.
>>
File: slut.jpg (174KB, 694x1057px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
174KB, 694x1057px
I wish they'd make a Rollerdisco Tychus skin in 70s disco clothing.
>>
I really like this game but fuck me if the matchmaking isn't terrible.
>>
File: tumblr_oq7e4tdJKp1qjcm3po1_1280.jpg (337KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq7e4tdJKp1qjcm3po1_1280.jpg
337KB, 1280x800px
>>377439604

The game could really use more goofy skins.

Azmodunk is far and away the best and most involved skin in the game, and it's a damn shame some characters literally only have "regular form with slightly more gear" and "some nonsense we pulled right out of our asses"

I know D.va is brand new but her best skin shouldn't be her default. And I can't believe Jaina has all of 2 costumes while Nova, Kerrigan, Tyrande all have like 5. Fuck, I think even all of the Diablo heroes get at least one fun costume.
>>
>>377440058
Jaina actually has several more but they're all annual event ones (and a one-time event) and therefore not craftable and listed unless you have them.
>>
>>377440058
Chef Arthas
>Glad you could bake it, Uther
>>
File: samus.jpg (185KB, 743x905px) Image search: [Google]
samus.jpg
185KB, 743x905px
>>
>>377440058
Probius as a Destiny Ghost
>>
File: man.jpg (228KB, 985x942px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
228KB, 985x942px
>>
>>377440562
>pairing this skin up with the police cruiser for maximum irony
>>
>>377440475
>blizzard respects metroid more than nintendo

feels fucking mental, man.
>>
can someone teach me how to counter samuro's illusions? I can never kill that fucker and i always get salty by it. I even started to chase the samuro who is running, thinking he's the real one but it's always an ilussion
>>
File: amazon.jpg (210KB, 911x1091px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
210KB, 911x1091px
>>
>>377440854
just wait for the illusions to wear off, or maybe area attack them all so you know you can at least chip at the real one.
>>
>>377440854
just kill the illusions they are weak af
>>
>tfw the most fun I've had in HotS was playing as Gall
It's just so nice and easy.
>>
Deputy Valla makes my pants feel tight
>>
File: 1476150144774.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476150144774.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>377382013
>Hots
>from level 1-20 you can push to win
>DoTA, LoL
>you need to spend 15-30 mins last hitting and denying minions before you can push to win
>>
>>377382013

I just can't stand dota's 60+ minute games
>>
>>377394626
This looks like World of Warcraft
>>
>>377441227
>just slam into the wave and clear it as fast as possible so the minions can tank the turret's limited ammo
>slam into whatever objective is on the map
>repeat until win/loss
>>
File: 1482741956535.jpg (115KB, 694x448px) Image search: [Google]
1482741956535.jpg
115KB, 694x448px
>>377393583
>Pick healer
>get matched up with another healer
>thrall on our team rages because we have two healers and no damage
>mfw
I get that it was just quickplay, but damn, I never thought I'd see someone actually get pissed cause 2 people wanted to play support
>>
They're excellent to farm stacks for talent quests on because they can't be controlled unless he picks Illusion Master at lvl 10 so any hero that gets powerful from farming stacks again them is a good choice.
They instantly pop from tower or fort/keep/core shots so you can always run back to get rid of them.
They also only have 50% of Samuro's HP and you can therefore find out with a few auto attacks (and practice) how much relative damage you deal and in doing so gauge if you attack the real one or not. This only changes if he picks up the level 20 heroic upgrade for Illusion Master.
Samuro's damage itself depends on the Illusions so if you blind him or them it's an effective counter to significantly reduce his damage. Him being melee means roots or knockback also ruin his day and he has little mobility if he can't auto attack to get the speed buff.
Reveal abilities or placeables that decloak stealth also show what's an illusion and what's real.
>>
>>377433989
hots sylvanas has probably prettiest 3d model I have ever seen. literally perfect.
>>
>>377441690
was meant for >>377440854
>>
>>377441558
>he has a point so I'm going to over-simplify the game
In DOTA2 you walk down a lane to win
>>
File: 1423448492264.jpg (102KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1423448492264.jpg
102KB, 682x600px
>>377387187
>taking mobas seriously enough to care about whether you can carry or not

lmao
>>
>>377387187
Have fun with a once complex game now dumbed down by suggestions taken from Reddit. There's so many fucking comeback mechanics now.
>>
>>377441805
>I'm going to over-simplify the game
Oh yea, because
>spend 15-30 mins last hitting and denying minions before you can push to win
Isn't oversimplifying it at all. Especially when a fucking Ursa who did rosh 3 minutes ago is ramming his bear cock into your ass since you're too busy trying to last hit/deny in your lane when a rotation would have garnered more exp and gold
>>
>>377396047
Im sad, raynor ws my Mvp nigga for so long but with the influx of so many cheap heroes with more dmg, more range and vision, more mobility, invulnerability and you name it he feels so old.
>>
>>377387187
>quit hots to play dota2
you quit eating shit to drink piss
>>
>>377442235
That has absolutely nothing to do with towers or pushing to the ancient
>>
>>377437274
>1738.4% longer than similar players' average
>>
File: Capri-Sun.jpg (73KB, 615x968px) Image search: [Google]
Capri-Sun.jpg
73KB, 615x968px
>>377442270
More like quitting drinking pic related in order to drink shitty instant coffee while pretending it's fresh roasted Jamaican blue.
HOTS may be the most casual MOBA but it's fun
>>
How are you supposed to play Artanis?
>>
>>377442873

Q+E=gg
Spam W for endless shield
>>
>>377442873
Build right-click, pick passive/tank talents when you dont get right-click/W talents
Be thick and do damage
Hit your E
>>
>>377442361
>Hero that gets a great lead and starts pushing every objective down in the first 10 minutes of the game because you're too much of a shitter to quit your "15-20 minutes (of) last hitting and denying minions" to rotate to another lane.
Why do you sub2k shitters talk about games you don't know how to play?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sz5_5vLeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46t7O2ZSYg
>>
File: why.png (35KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
35KB, 251x251px
>>377387187
who fucking cares

having a shitter on hots is less of a painful experience because games go so fucking fast

meanwhile youre there stuck with a dumb brazilian fuckhead and the enemy team drag the game for 40 to 50 minutes while you beg for them to "end pls" but they dont and they just grind 2 more rapiers while you spend that time mad and yelling obscenities at that fucking monkey who cant even understand english
>>
>>377443354
None of this applies to his original argument, you're beating around the bush in hopes to draw attention away from the problem
>>
File: 1406460849260.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1406460849260.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>377443941
>you don't actually "need to spend 15-30 mins last hitting and denying minions before you can push to win"
>post proof in videos where people who are paid to play the game win by not being a passive shit and farming their lane
>n-none of this applies to his original argument
OK
>>
>>377443085
>Q+E=gg
When I try this, I just stop next to them, am I doing this correctly, or should they end up where I started using Q from?
>>
File: 1330548181747.png (54KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
1330548181747.png
54KB, 248x248px
WHERE ARE THE TYRANDE LEWDS
>>
>>377444392
Use Q and just when Artanis reaches the very end of the attack and right before the way back, use E. It requires a bit of training.
>>
File: tumblr_nw687x115z1tntm1qo1_500.png (344KB, 463x431px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw687x115z1tntm1qo1_500.png
344KB, 463x431px
>>377444774
right here.
>>
>>377444350
>he's still trying to win a lost argument
>>
>>377430502
I miss Mina
>>
>>377445042
>get blown the fuck out
>n-no you're wrong
I don't know what I expected from HoTS-babbies
>>
>>377445163
>he's so desperate to win that he has to always have the last word
>>
>>377445339
>he's so desperate to win that he has to always have the last word
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.