[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Reaper a good character to main on Overwatch? I like his wepons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: john.gif (156KB, 611x424px) Image search: [Google]
john.gif
156KB, 611x424px
Is Reaper a good character to main on Overwatch? I like his wepons.
>>
>Maining characters
Overwatch is all about countering the other team's set up. Get good with everybody.
>>
>>377379253
You don't main anyone in overwatch. You might excel at certain roles like tank, but the type of character best for the job might change depending on the map, current objective, the rest of your team, and the enemy team.

I would love to play pharah whenever I get the chance, but if a highly skilled widow cuts my control and presence enough, i'd probably be better off with another dps, even if I might be able to make it work.
>>
>>377380109
>highly skilled widow
kek
yeah she's standing right next to the tooth fairy and bigfoot
>>
>>377380109
So I can main reaper and just switch when the team has to change to beat me. Who counters the counter to Reaper?
>>
>>377380209
Only play reaper, anyone who says to switch in your game is just jealous, don't take it personelly
>>
>>377379253
In my experience, reaper is best used against teams with a lot of tanks since you can just walk up to them and they're dead. I feel like he might need a buff since I almost never see him in comp but kaplan says he's fine where he is so whatever.
>>
>>377380586
I thought the current meta was tank heavy to begin with. And I'm not the best at video games so don't think competive meta's will show up much.

I mostly just like close range characters in other games but I don't enjoy playing Winston very much here.
>>
roadhog is reaper but fatter and with a hook
>>
There is no skill in a fps without recoil

This game is console trash

Any one who doesn't agree is either a xbox 360 kid
Or a blizzard bot designed to mass sell this product
>>
>>377380586
This guy is either wrong or low SR

The weird thing about Reaper is that while he was designed as a tank buster, but the combination of healing being ridiculously strong and Roadhog in general has made Reaper super shitty against tank heavy comps.

Reaper's strength lies in his burst dps ability. If you can position correctly, you can burst down DPS/Supports before they have a chance to react and heal up.

The problem is that you can rarely get that positioning because Reaper is a slow fatshit with squeaky clown shoes that likes to yell out where he is all of the time. You can take your time to get in position sneakily, but that entire time your team is fighting 5v6, and by the time you hop into the fight, your team has probably already lost.
>>
>>377379253
attack is no skill involved shit tier. they're tutorial characters.
>>
File: 1mP4EXeCfG5.jpg (410KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1mP4EXeCfG5.jpg
410KB, 2000x1400px
>>377380936
It's not anymore.
>>
>>377381362
I don't entirely understand this. I thought a lot of games that are considered to have high skull caps lack recoil. I like watching those soldier rocket jump videos and seen some people go really fast in I think quake or unreal.

I think having random bullet spreads would make a game require less skill as it adds a small uncontrollable element to each encounter, which overwatch has random spread I think.
>>
>>377380209
Pharah counters Reaper. 76 and McCree counter Pharah.
>>
>>377381850
the guys a shitposting retard, dont even bother replying to him
>>
>play to win
>get shit SR

>play like an AI, with stopping and aiming, very little movement to avoid and using only voice commands to acknowledge team
>get gold placement SR
>>
>>377381763
>Lucio,Tracer,Winston most picked
I'd ask if this is from old 2/2/2 days but it has Orisa.
>>
>>377381697
He seems to have been mainly conceived as a hard Winston counter, except that nobody plays Winston because he sucks. He's too squishy to fight Roadhog, DVa or Zarya 1v1, and for insta-shotting DPS and getting picks Roadhog is a much better choice in almost every situation.

Beyblade meta was a thing for a while (Reaper ult + Nanoboost) but people learned how to look out for that fairly quickly, and Nana's gotten nerfed anyways. Reaper doesn't have a solid position in most comp plays anymore because Roadhog is almost always preferable.
>>
File: LET IT RIPPPPP.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LET IT RIPPPPP.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>377382847
He can fight hog sometimes but not really.

I miss beyblade, and I don't even play reaper.
>>
>>377380340
nice one
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.