[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: scorpio-2.jpg (142KB, 1173x693px) Image search: [Google]
scorpio-2.jpg
142KB, 1173x693px
What's the performance going to be like on the Scorpio? Will it be true 4k across the board with ultra settings?
>>
They've already said it would use the same checkerboard technique the ps4 pro uses but some less graphically intense games could probably be native 4k. Would be nice if devs would push for 60fps in all games but you know that'll never happen.

Scorpio itself came too late imo. Only way I see it being successful is if it's priced competitively.
>>
>>377379783
So you're telling me it won't achieve 4k 60 fps with max settings
>>
>>377378726
Who owns an Xbone to give a shit?

I don't know what MS could possibly do to make the Scorpio matter. Unless it has exclusives (I assume it won't) I don't see people switching mid generation. Anyone who wanted the more powerful platform made the decision in 2013.
>>
File: 1479886246767.png (2MB, 1346x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1479886246767.png
2MB, 1346x1044px
>>377378726
Just wait til you find out what they are actually planning with this shitfest

They think HOLOLENS is going to be the unique selling point! yes

HOLOLENS is going to be pushed as a major reason to own a Scorpio

They have NOTHING

Soon they will pull out of hardware altogether. MS is DONE. They are going to convert Xbox brand into a Steam-like service.

Expect more hit pieces from MS-funded Polygon on Steam, and how Steam is so awful and how Steam sucks and you should switch over to Xbox platform for Windows.
>>
>>377378726

Where are the games?
>>
it still will use the shitty Jaguar CPU lol
>>
>>377380047
they started developing Hololens to combat Google Glass

Google Glass failed and died a miserable death

MS thought they could transition Hololens to a VR competitor

lol
>>
>>377379981
The idea of a 4k capable console is pretty strong for some people
>>
>>377378726
equivalent to gtx 1080
>>
The biggest issue is it'll be locked to 60hz and never attain above 60fps. Xbox IPs will be 4k 60 and multiplats will be upscaled to 4k 30 probably. It's a great idea since TV markets are 4k heavy right now, but I still like monitors and higher refresh rates personally. If the price is good it may finally put some pressure on Sony.
>>
>>377380065
Cpus are negligible at 4k

>>377380192
Isn't the GPU equivalent to an r480?
>>
>>377379981
I own a Xbone and i still dont give a shit.
>>
>>377378726
I dunno but my dad is getting a new 65 inch 4k hdr tv for the start of the new premier league season and this seems to be the best console to take advantage of that. Rdr2 should be native 4k.
>>
>>377380192
Not even close. It's locked to 60hz so 60fps and its only 4k 60 for xbone IPs. Its about equivalent to a 780 ti which is still a decent card. APUs will never touch dedicated CPU/GPU levels, but they can achieve 4k with heavy optimization. Multiplats won't bother going through the process and extra work for such a small segment of the consumer base.
>>
>>377380323
lol

enjoy your ONE game

after that you'll have a pretty great door stopper
>>
>>377380323
That bad boy is probably going to be locked at 30fps, the game not the tv.
>>
>>377380276
yeah man, try putting an AMD A4 along with a 1080ti, watch how amazing it will perform
>>
File: 1432743854821.jpg (23KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
1432743854821.jpg
23KB, 473x357px
There's still not enough shit out right now to justify buying a bunch of new hardware to accommodate 4k
>>
Microsoft's pattern has been to say something, lie about it blatantly, then say they never said that everyone just misunderstood them since the first Xbox.

So it'll be a PS4Pro, run all 4k shit in checkerboard fake 4k, and only be capable of running 60FPS at regular Xbox One settings.
>>
Have they released the specs?
>>
>>377379981
Tell normies that it makes Battlefield and Halo look really nice and they'll eat that shit and ask for seconds.
>>
>>377380502
Even then it should be the definitive edition on the Xbox due to the power advantage just like rdr 1. I'll only be using the Xbox for 4k cod, fifa and battlefield with friends anyway. I already have a pc but I only have 1 steam friend since 99% of my friends are casual chadbros from my college. I'll be getting the Xbox free btw.
>>
File: maxresdefault (37).jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (37).jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Xbox scropio needs to backwards compatible with og xbox games. The lack of an xbox emulator kills me inside.
>>
>>377378726
Medium Settings
30fps

Essentially it's going to the equivalent of a R9 390 or RX480/580.
>>
>>377380693
No
>>
I'm surprised no Xboxfags have shit posted
>>
>>377379852
Look at the specs and the presumed price, there's zero chance it will put out 4k ultra.
>>
>>377380047
>Soon they will pull out of hardware altogether
http://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/nadella-defends-value-of-xbox-gaming-to-microsoft/
http://www.dualshockers.com/microsoft-ceo-xbox-live-biggest-gaming-social-network-talks-connecting-dots-around-gaming/
http://www.dualshockers.com/microsofts-gaming-business-profitable-growing-profitably-critical-future/
http://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-talks-future-opportunities-e3-cloud-broadcasting/

It's time to shut the fuck up about Xbox dying, Sony will be the only company dying in the future. Prepare for only Microsoft and Nintendo in the future.
>>
>>377379852
PC's barely can, what makes you think a console would?
>>
>>377378726
>across the board
No
>with ultra settings?
No
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.