[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Square Enix supposedly leaked the "PSP3"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjSG2vr-Yk8&t=747s skip to 4:30
Will it be another flop? What could the next sony handheld improve upon from the Vita?
>inb4 microSD support
>>
this has to be bullshit, i have no idea why they would do this. part of the reason why the ps4 was a success because of how sony managed to redeem themselves with the ps3. with the vita, they just said fuck it and dropped support of it.
>>
>PSP3
>There was no PSP2
>>
>>377376110
>only the west exists
>>
Why does Sony feel the need to release their own version of whatever Nintendo is doing at the time? People say they don't compete but then shit like this and PS Move come out.
>>
>>377376869
you really think sony will sell a handheld in japan only?
>>
File: 1487968730572.jpg (39KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
1487968730572.jpg
39KB, 400x238px
>>377377117
They're still salty about what happened with them and Philips
>>
>Trying to compete against Nintendo again in the portable market
Pls no, just stay in the console sony and give us good games with that money,
>>
>>377376110
>part of the reason why the ps4 was a success because of how sony managed to redeem themselves with the ps3.

It's because the competition shit the bed. Wii U was a failure for a number of reasons and XBone reveal was a trainwreck. All Sony had to do was say, "Hey guys, no online connection required and you can play used games." They could have taken a shit on stage at that point and still won.
>>
>>377377117
That's normal good business tactics.
>>
File: 5gen.jpg (10KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
5gen.jpg
10KB, 450x253px
>>377377508
>It's because the competition shit the bed

i guess history repeats itself
>>
>>377377508
Pretty much this. People also tend to (conveniently) forget that the same E3 Sony said, "Oh, by the way, you have to pay for online now," among other terrible decisions. It wasn't a good year for anyone, but Sony "won" the generation because everyone else was shitting the bed so hard in comparison.
>>
>>377375148
Fake news

"One company, Curved/labs, decided to concept out what a PlayStation “Switch” would look like. The result is the below video, which shows off a compelling device that would make any PlayStation fanboy proud. "

https://gamerant.com/playstation-switch-concept/
>>
>>377375148
>Competing against the Switch
Do not do this.
>>
>>377377117
Vita and psp were both amazing though.
>>
>>377377717
pretty sure op's image is just to illustrate the leak. the video doesn't mention it at all.
>>
fernando?
>>
>>377375148
If the Vita dies, most of Japan's game studios will die off as well.

I don't want that to happen so I hope they make a new handheld.
>>
>>377375148
that sounds absolutely buttfuckingly retarded.
sony a shit and should just stick to consoles while nintendo does its portable thing, especially since sony seems absolutely incompetent when it comes to portables.
>>
>>377378051
This.

PSP and Vita are both huge pieces of shit with no games worth playing on them.

Anyone who bought them are idiots who got scammed into playing shitty versions of superior games.
>>
>>377378046
They have switch now.
>>
This is now a PSP thread. What games should I emulate?
>>
>>377378051
Sony tends to do better when they do their own thing rather than following along with another.
>>
>>377378051
>especially since sony seems absolutely incompetent when it comes to portables.

PSP has an amazing game catalog, sold more than 82 million and was a great piece of hardware. Nintendo release a N64 portable and they sell 150 million just because is Nintendo and every fucking kid in Japan wants one.
I'm tired of the useless gimmicks, double screens and underpowered systems.
>>
just give us a better vita with GAMES
>>
>>377378362
Switch is owned by Nintendo which means most of these studios cannot afford to release their games on it. This is why the Vita keeps getting new game announcements while the switch keeps getting japanese games that thrived on the Vita and yet bombed on the Switch.

They'll move to PC because it's the next cheapest platform to release games on but Japan doesn't have a PC culture so their games won't do as well as before. Without a new sony handheld, Japan's games industry will die off for most developers except for the largest most AAA ones which is a bad thing for everyone.
>>
PS4P

>Free Online
>Monster Hunter Exclusive
>PS2 backcompat
>PS3 backcompat
>PS4 Remoteplay
>Non retarded overclock wiiu hardware
>Graunateed third party support

I'd buy it just for the PS2 games alone and finally be able to properly fucking play DQ 8 and P3 FES on the go.
>>
>>377377741
>vita
>good
>>
This is true cap this if you don't believe me. When sony fixed henkaku they went out of their way to mitigate future exploits. This is not something you do on a dead system as it costs too much. So the psp3 will be based off the vita os code base.
>>
File: f4d.jpg (101KB, 686x582px) Image search: [Google]
f4d.jpg
101KB, 686x582px
>>377378778
>>
>>377378778
i dont think you understand what backwards compatibility means
>>
>>377378778
They need MH and GTA to survive.
I would love to play Chinatown Wars 2.
>>
>>377377117
>Why does Sony feel the need to release their own version of whatever Nintendo is doing at the time?
Because they see money and want to get some of that shit. Remember PS Move? It's a pile of shit but they and Microsoft did the waggle shit because the Wii was selling mirrions.
>>
>>377378778
>Free online
>Monster hunter
>Backwards compatibility
>Third-party support
(you)
>>
>>377378669
Based on the number of indies on switch they have a reasonable plan for small comoanies publishing on it.
Games aren't doing as well on switch because it is new and has a much smaller. And more importantly less focused install base. Once it price drops and becomes widely available the vita crowd will start moving. It's not a instantaneous thing.
>>
>>377378778
>Free online on a portable is a feature
>>
>>377378872
Anything is an exclusive to sonybro eyes as long as its not on a nintendo console
>>
Just put Soul Sacrifice on the ps4 jesus fucking christ, they already did that with Tearway and Gravity Rush.
>>
It's possible, but a lot of the Vita fans were scorned by sonys treatment towards the vita and its fans.

They would have fix a lot.
>>
Fucking hope this isn't real. They should push vr instead and be hard at work on a PlayStation 5
>>
Finally a better remote play machine! That I hope has a better antenna so I can sit further than 5 feet away.

Also, I hope the next iteration memory cards has at least 128GB space. I want to install PS1, PSP, PSV games as well as PSP"3" stuff.
>>
>>377379054
In Japan you can sell 5000 copies of a game and make a profit on the Vita. You need to sell at least 10k to 20k to make money on the 3DS. This won't be any different on the switch as well.

Developers in japan who tried moving to the 3DS died off last gen and they won't repeat the same mistake by moving to the switch.
>>
>>377378778
>Free online
Kek, not happening
It'll be on PS4 too
>Ps2 backcompat
Possible if they work hard enough on it
>ps3 backcompat
>he thinks this could happen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377379283
>Comcept
too bad Inafune is an idiot to port it
>>
>>377377125
No but they'll push it harder there because it would be supported.
>>
File: 24263174213_96449a61c7_b[1].jpg (285KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
24263174213_96449a61c7_b[1].jpg
285KB, 1024x684px
>>377375148
psvr lite + mobile move controllers
>>
>>377379516
>>he thinks this could happen
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a PS3 game running on the vita, it's moe than possible

>Free online
Kek, not happening

It would give them a huge competetive advantage and they would take that opportunity, they already have paid online on their home console.

I understand that lots of people do not want to see the Switch get competition but its retarded to be like that. Nintendo and Sony competing is the best thing that could happen to a market thats getting eaten by mobile gaming. Vita + 3DS + PS4 is simply patrician tier for game selection.
>>
>>377379663
>tfw have Z5 and ps4.
Anyone know what the holder thingy is called?
Also better streaming to my vita or phone? Just want to play p5 in bed.
>>
>>377379514
>In Japan you can sell 5000 copies of a game and make a profit on the Vita. You need to sell at least 10k to 20k to make money on the 3DS.
source? seems like its pull out of a magic hat
>>
>>377379514
Do you have an actual source on that?
There are plenty of reasons why vita devs would have a tough time on 3ds.
>>
>>377378793
The vita itself was good. Great hardware, decent price, comfortable, actual joysticks. The game selection for it was sub par.
>>
>>377379931
>>377380015
http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/49199435.html

>This from a chat I had with a certain developer a while back.

>Right now, 50k is said to be a very high target for game sales in Japan. This goes for both Vita and 3DS, though it's much harder for the latter, considering the 3DS's audience.

>Reasons why the Vita is easy to release games for include the fact that profits can begin at as little as 5k sales (even lower if you want, but that would enter digital-only indie game territory). On top of that, the ease of re-printing, shipping speed, and the convenience of the PSN's digital distribution are all among reasons why it's favored.

>Of course, there are 3DS games that can make a profit at 10k. But if a 3DS game doesn't sell at least half a million, it often ends up getting completely ignored. The fans who've come to expect and will only ever talk about games which sell a million have created an atmosphere among devs where most proposals for new 3DS projects get rejected.

>Meanwhile, Vita continues to get games that sell 10k-20k, games that hit their target are praised, and this directly fuels developers' motivation, not only to create direct sequels but also new ongoing series, like the Genkai Tokki series from Compile Heart. PS+ also brings attention and advertising to old games, and is surprisingly a very beneficial system from the dev's perspective.

>It's true that a million sales is impressive, but it's not attainable with just the effort of the staff. It needs the power of news sites, mass media, and the internet. An astronomical amount of money is in motion.

>Which is why many devs instead continue to aim for that 50k.
>>
>>377378046
>ignores switch existence
>this much cognitive dissonance
Pathetic.
>>
>>377380152
>blog
yeah.....
>>
>>377377117
That's how business works. The switch is a unique device and it's been successful. Now comes other brands trying their version and competing. It's just like the s8 being better and more innovative than any iPhone ever, now watch apple cop the infinity screen/new functions
>>
>>377379283
SS was a great hunting game, but I would fucking LOOOOOOOVE for it to be turned into a big full RPG
>>
File: AXLoA6C[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
AXLoA6C[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>377379904
>>
>>377380428
>Japanese developer explains why a lot of japanese developers continue to release games on the Vita
>discount it because it's on a blog

????????
>>
>>377380460
>R2
Is this real? Why am i seeing so many pictures of cool shit but no info.
>>
>>377379880
I don't think you understand ports are different from emulating.
>>
File: 1467759006191.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1467759006191.png
196KB, 557x605px
>Extremely more powerful successor to the Vita, one of the best designed handhelds around

Bring on the emulation glory
>>
>>377380591

It's just a Vita attachment
>>
>>377378424
PSP's game catalog is full of shitty games that would have been better off if they were developed for console. That's the issue with PSP and Vita, they treat their handhelds like a portable home console, and that play style heavily disagrees with mobility. The reason OSP sold so much is because the initial idea of a portable Playstation got people's dicks hard, and what happened afterwards was people realizing its just a watered down PS2 that doesn't even play that well. That's why PSP lasted 4 years and DS lasted 10.
>>
>>377375148
>psp 3

for fucks sake
>>
>>377380152
I can see this being true since the 3DS e shop is a goddamn mess on top of Sony having lower publishing fees for Vita.
>>
>>377380591
http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-2000-black/13/708qs3
>>
>>377379880
>implying I have a Switch or even a Wii U
First of all, not even the Pro can emulate the clusterfuck that is THE CELL. A handheld being able to is fucking laughable.
Second, Sony makes bank on PS+ and is cocky enough to have increased the price by $10 for no benefit to the buyer. You'd have to be an idiot to think they'd give away online MP for free again, especially when Nintendo's not even doing that.
They'll justify it by saying "You don't have to pay extra if you already have PS+ for PS4 so it's not like it costs you anything." and then all the fanboys will lap it up and say BASED SONY.
>>
I'm calling it now, new PSP will be announced at e3. If not I will zuck my own benis
>>
>>377380874
Thanks senpai. That's pretty brilliant actually.
>>
>>377380706
It's funny how Nintendo did what Sony could not and innovated by creating the first handheld that could actually play console games without it being gimped for being on a worse platform.

This is why the switch is selling like hotcakes, for the first time ever people would be able to play console games on the go and it's glorious. It would be pretty sad if Sony copied Nintendo and released their abortions of a handheld while being misguided on what Nintendo did right for theirs as always.
>>
>tfw have a spare white psv slim on fw 3.18 in brand new condition

Should I sell or hold onto it??
>>
>been considering getting a Vita recently because henkaku
>hear about this
Fuck, I just want the new one to pay PSP/Vita shit and I'll be happy.
>>
>>377381341
Hold on to it. All those ps2 collection games might not be around again
>>
>>377381341
Hold it. If the new handheld doesn't have backwards compat, it'll be worth way more.
Also you're on a henkaku-compatible FW which raises the value as well.
>>
>>377381379
the CFW on vita is garbage, you can barely play any games on it that aren't like 4 years old. most emulators are total shit or are retroarch, so worse than shit, and it's just pretty mediocre overall. I'd say just don't buy a vita at all, at that rate. Most of the vita's top games have been on PS+ if you've had it for the system's existence, too.
>>
>>377380706
PSP came out in 2004 and some of the best games came out after 2010.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010)
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (2011)
Final Fantasy Type-0 (2011)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (2010)

PSP was very healthy until 2012.
>>
>>377381483
>the CFW on vita is garbage, you can barely play any games on it that aren't like 4 years old.
What? You can play every game until 3.60.
>>
I can't be bothered to watch OPs vid, but the thought occurred to me that what if it's just a portable ps3

like literally, trying to get them switchbux since japan is still making ps3 games
>>
>>377381223
Sony is obviously always going to take second place in the handheld market, that's just Nintendos main playing field but for me I want the variety from hardware and software side of things. The vita and 3ds have been great to me and offered me so many different games and experiences and I like the disparity in hardware and the user experience associated with both.

I wanted the Switch for GC emulation and I want whatever Sony may come out for PS2 emulation, those are selling points for me but ultimately if each system accumulates enough games I'll get it, I still want a real 3DS successor though that remains in the DS family. Thje best thing for me to do right now is just wait this out and see whats happening.
>>
The only way I see Sony bothering with a new portable is if it just straight up plays PS4 games. Wouldn't be hard to get that level of hardware on a handheld at this point either.
Plus with consoles straight up having simplified graphics settings now they could always throw in a "handheld" option if the hardware is weaker.

Plus that's what the switch does and they won't release a simple handheld when their competition has a handheld + console.
>>
>>377381623
>what if it's just a portable ps4
>>
>>377381448
>>377381481

Alright I will hang onto it and keep it stored in a dry and cool location
>>
>>377381709

Let's be realistic here anonymous
>>
>>377381696
If they are doing it then it's probably to appease Japanese developers, especially if Nintendo doesn't announce a new dedicated handheld and sticks to the Switch.

Nintendo picked up a lot of Japanese devs when Sony shit the bed in the handheld market.
>>
>>377375148
that looks painful to use.
>>
>>377377117
Because the PSP was better than the DS and the Vita is better than the 3DS.

The only thing the Sony handhelds lack is sales due to not having the (man)child audience which handhelds most typically appeal to. Also no Monhun on Vita sucked.

Deal with it.
>>
>>377379880
>This is a PS3 game running on the vita
But it's not, it's a multiplat vita game running on the vita. The devs made a vita version of the same game that's on PS3. What you're saying would be like taking the 3DS version of SFIV and saying "This is a PS3/360 game running on the 3DS" when everybody knows it's bullshit.
>>
>>377381483
>Can play nearly all the Vita games for free
>Can play most of the PSP games on your Vita for free
>Emulation is actually bretty good

>CFW on vita is garbage

u wot m8
>>
>>377376260
>hurr durr what is a vita xD
>>
>>377378669
The dev kit is just 500 bucks, PS4's is $2000
>>
>>377381896
It does, but apparently the old PS3 boomerang controller was the most comfortable shit around so it's entirely plausible those things are fantastic as fuck and, in keeping with Sony tradition, never make it to the final product for some asinine reason.
>>
>>377382008
at least it was smooth and roundy
>>
>>377382008
Because people chimped out at it not having the perfect dualshock design and how it looks like a boomerang and is hilarious.

So sony took their advice and never released it.
>>
If new PSP is just as or more powerful than the switch, the switch will be obsolete. But this is obvious
>>
>>377382172
Boomerang would have resulted in some hilarious videos though of that shit getting tossed.
>>
I wish they would.

I loved my psp and my vita. I'd buy another sony handheld. I know it'll get good japanese dev support and that's all I really want from a handheld.
>>
>>377380761
Well yeah.
Nintendo could basically own the world if their online was even partially competent on top of remaining free.

BUT they don't want their old stuff to compete with their new stuff and they don't want to piss off the brick and mortar and packaged goods guys by being TOO popular.

That and nintendo simply does not help people market their stuff, costs a FUCKTON to get in the door, and nintendo has a certain type of game and level of quality that people expect.
>>
>>377377117
>PSP is totally different from the ds
>Vita is totally different from the 3ds
>Switch is much more similar to the vita than any of the sony handhelds were to their nintendo counterparts
>>
File: 1427929484722-0.png (377KB, 899x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1427929484722-0.png
377KB, 899x1051px
>>377381483
gtfo this thread sony lol
>>
>>377375148
sweet, they can pick up the dedicated handheld market after Nintendo abandons it with the Switch.

That's a perfect time to come in and fill the niche
>>
>>377382484
....what?
>>
>>377382426
So we're just gonna ignore the fact that Move happened.

Ok.
>>
>>377381924
spotted the fanboy, I guess
>>
>>377382572
Switch isn't a dedicated handheld, that means that there's a market void opening up.

Sony can come in and claim it
>>
File: 1494598604211.png (212KB, 801x876px) Image search: [Google]
1494598604211.png
212KB, 801x876px
I will be happy no matter how shit the new Sony handheld is, because that means I won't need a plastic crap Switch for my weeaboo games
>>
>>377382484
What world do you live in
>>
>>377382484
Neither the PSP nor the Vita aimed for a dedicated handheld experience.
>>
>>377382629
>Guy claims sony makes handhelds to immitate nintendo
>No they don't, sony's handhelds weren't anything like the nintendo ones.
>WELL THE MOVE!
>>
>>377382204
Just like the DS and 3DS.
>>
>>377380569
>Vita developer explains why a lot of Vita developers continue to release Vita games on the Vita
>sees no bias in this whatsoever

????????
>>
>>377382664
>give me plastic crap from Sony because hurr durr I don't want plastic crap from Nintendo
>>
I love how Sony always copies Nintendo

And does it better EVERY FUCKING TIME!
>>
fucking lmao, sony forever riding nintendos coattails
>>
>>377378669
>Switch is owned by Nintendo which means most of these studios cannot afford to release their games on it.
They have fixed that issue.
>>
>>377382826
Perhaps you would like to reread the "Why does Sony feel the need to release their own version of whatever Nintendo is doing at the time?" and explain why we are only allowed to mention handhelds in sony's long list of this behavior.

You are retarded. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>377375148
HAHAHA! Now Sony is copying the Switch, sonnygers BTFO!
>>
>>377382929
All the dude's saying is that Vita developers are happy selling at most 50k if their game is massively successful and only needs to sell 5k to make a profit. Compare that to the 3DS and now Switch where the audience expects higher quality and marketing that most Japanese developers their size cannot compete with, they wont be able to make any money if they focus on bigger games on Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>377381223
>the first handheld that could actually play console games without it being gimped for being on a worse platform
It only combines the worst qualities of a handheld with a console
>>
>>377383060
It's in a thread directly about handhelds. It directly even claimed that sony releasing a handheld would be copying nintendo.

Sorry, but you got called on your bullshit.
>>
>>377382856
But the ds and 3ds were competing with the PSP and vita (handhelds) not the ps2 and PS3. The switch is nintendos console, competing with the ps4. If the handheld Sony comes out with is more powerful than the switch, the switch will not only be competing with the ps4 but with a handheld that's not even sonys main focus.
>>
>>377382940
Nintendo crap is always uncomfortable to hold, flimsy, and games cost too much for it
>>
File: 1402792428632.gif (931KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1402792428632.gif
931KB, 450x338px
>>377375148
>inb4 5 different proprietary formats of shit and it fails again
>>
>>377383104
>now Switch where the audience expects higher quality and marketing
Have you actually touched the Switch? Most of the indies and small releases (like SNK's stuff) have zero marketing outside of a random article on the internet stating "games x, y, and z are releasing this month".
>>
>>377383186
>Sony copies what Nintendo does
>Yet again

>B-B-But here's a loophole so it's not as common as you say!

Absofuckinglutely retarded. That is what you are.
>>
>>377382659
The switch is literally a handheld that you can use on the television.

Sony has fuck all they can do to overcome the death grip the switch will have on that portion of the market now.
Not without going seriously into debt in an attempt to emulate the graphical fidelity and even surpass it.

But you might be right. Nintendo is completely fucking it up right now by not lowering the bar for handheld game producers and budget tier game makers and getting them to flood the system with mid tier handheld and multiplayer games. I guess they're hoping for another DS/Wii success while not actually laying the groundwork to ensure that it happens.
>>
>>377383234
Doubt they're dumb enough to make the same mistake twice.
>>
Kek

Good luck
>>
>>377383234
Are you telling me that BluRay WASN'T the format of the future for video games? NONSENSE!!
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
>>377383307
>>
>>377383258
I own a switch, I'm talking about Japan where most japanese developers cannot compete.
>>
>>377382659

There's nothing that stops it from being that. There exists a game on that's handheld only.

>>377383383

Is that why Japan is making games for it?
>>
>>377383290
Not him, but, sony literally had a patent for exactly what the switch is years ago, and you don't even know what a psp3 would look like. You are getting a bit too defensive at just the idea of a non nintendo handheld coming out.
>>
File: 1494732329090.gif (925KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
1494732329090.gif
925KB, 220x124px
>>377376110
the vita failed because they spread themselves too thin and didn't have the bandwidth to support the ps3 and playstation move and the vita with games, but if the "psp3" acts as a portable ps4 they won't have a problem supplying games to it
>>
>>377383383
Compete with what?
Explain.
>>
>>377377617
Oh ok

Lol
>>
>>377383221
The Switch is a PSP with detachable controllers.
>>
A new Sony handheld would be one of the worst ideas in history. The Switch has a legit chance to be the best selling handheld ever, way better than the 3DS and the Vita got fucking demolished by the 3DS. On top of that, the only advantage the Vita had was that it had better graphics, Nintendo is literally using the most modern chip on the market, a Vita 2 would not physically be able to be any stronger than the Switch. A Vita 2 would literally sell 0 copies outside of Japan, and I doubt it would break 3 million in Japan either.
>>
>>377376260

The Vita is internally also known as the PSP2
>>
>>377378669
Cheapest system to get a dev kit on in history

Good luck sonyfag
>>
Inb4 Sony fags lap this shit up and thank their overlords while simultaneously shitting on Nintendo.
>>
>>377383547
>way better than the 3DS
You say that like the 3ds was even close to that title.

It wasn't. It did terrible next to the ds.
>>
>>377383460
Japanese developers cannot compete with the larger AAA developers on Nintendo platforms, this is why the Vita is thriving in japan.

The Vita is a platform which strong point is variety and the huge amount of devs working on it, compared to other consoles like the PS3/PS4 or the 3DS which have a different market, people buy the PS3/PS4 to play the big budget titles, the 3DS is the pokemon/Nintendo machine and little else besides Monster Hunter, the Vita is the console where you can find smaller devs or where old and niche series thrive, it's all about your demographic.
Certain titles wouldn't sell as much on other platforms because the demographic simply isn't there, moreover, they get drowned by bigger names and bigger releases, and that is true for all devs mind you, that is why the 3DS gets Dragon Quest but not SaGa games in the case of Square Enix, the old DS SaGa games didn't even manage to sell 30K units on the DS of all thing whereas on the Vita they sold around 100K, same thing with a smaller dev like Falcom, who used to support Nintendo until the SNES days and then went on with Sony, remember Ys Tactics on the old DS? Yeah, I don't, and neither does Falcom, Arcsys ported a shitty version of BlazBlue CSII to the 3DS, then it ported GGAC+R and BB up to CP EX to Vita because it's that profitable for them despite the Vita being the least common handheld, and they also made or published many titles for the Vita like Time Avenger or Damascus Gears, because the Vita userbase cares about that and they're brought to attention there, on 3DS the would have died drowned by first party games and MH, because that's what sells the 3DS there.

It's really all a matter of getting to the right demographic, sure, it would be nice if they all sold 500K or one million copies, but nowadays you won't be able to sell those at a profit easily.
>>
>>377383607
When nintendo drops the price for those fucking things to sub 200 bucks this christmas.
It's over. it will be fucking over.
>>
>>377380054
I'm not sure anon, a lot of PS Vita games run at quite lower resolution than the display. As low as 640x384 lol.
>>
>>377383628
3DS has literally the best handheld gaming library of all time and the Switch is only going to be better.
>>
>>377383628
>You say that like the 3ds was even close to that title.
>It wasn't. It did terrible next to the ds.
That's my point you dolt. The Vita could not even manage to compete at all with the 3DS, a far weaker system than the Switch.
>>
>>377383638
>they also made or published many titles for the Vita like Time Avenger or Damascus Gears
Anon, if you're counting that they also published lots of things for 3DS.
>>
>>377375148
the only reason vita wasn't successful was the price

prove me wrong faggots
>>
>>377383638

Nigga, the Switch is already getting Touhou games. None of which are expecting to sell 100k.
>>
>>377383692
>Best selling handheld ever

Your post has literally nothing to do with what you are replying to.
>>
>>377383807
It wasn't successful because it didn't have Mario, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, or Fire Emblem.
>>
File: 1a.png (140KB, 391x480px) Image search: [Google]
1a.png
140KB, 391x480px
>>377382426
Anon, the PSP, and then the PS Vita, is basically a beefed up GameBoy.

Nintendo has always been 1st in portable gaming yet they still try risky new shit like the DS, gotta admire that I guess.
>>
>>377383750
>Switch could do much better than a system that did barely 50% of what its predecessor did

And my point was that you are setting a low metric.
>>
>>377383837
3DS is outselling the DS and the Switch will destroy both the 3DS and DS combined in sales.
>>
>>377383810
And other titles that have no absolutely no hope of selling 500k even if you combine all platforms, like Nights of Azure 2.
>>
>>377383638
>this is why the Vita is thriving in japan
Globally it sold less than the Wii U. Why is it bad numbers when Nintendo does it, but good numbers when Sony does it?

>>377383810
>Nigga, the Switch is already getting Touhou games
Wait, really? That's fucking awesome.
>>
>>377383880
Nintendo planned to make a new gameboy and the DS was a stopgap measure to disrupt the PSP which was why they named it DS to avoid associating it with the Gameboy and called it a third pillar in case it failed.
>>
>>377383295
>But you might be right. Nintendo is completely fucking it up right now by not lowering the bar for handheld game producers and budget tier game makers and getting them to flood the system with mid tier handheld and multiplayer games.

This right here is what I'm concerned about, it's either that or those devs move to mobile, unless we have a PS1 situation where we have really old looking games on a new system
>>
>>377378778
>>Monster Hunter Exclusive
Do you know that nintendo currently holds the rights for the MH mainline games,right?
>>
>>377383807
Proprietary memory cards was a stupid fucking idea. Much like UMDs for the PSP.

Basically if Sony would get their heads out of their asses and just make a "normal" handheld, they can exist in the market. Hell I want them to remain because Nintendo sure as shit feels no fucking desire to make good handhelds, that 2DS reveal is the biggest fucking greedy cashgrab ever, but they do it because they have no competition.
>>
>>377383945
>3DS is outselling the DS
Anon, the DS sold 154 million systems.

The 3ds hasn't even sold half that in 6 years.
>>
>>377383981
Vita outsold the Wii U though, that's a fact.
>>
>>377375148
>PSP3

Great, another fucking failure of a Sony handheld that will be the only thing that gets a Monster Hunter 5 release.
>>
>>377383904
My point is that Sony could not compete with a far weaker product and there is no reason to think they could compete with a stronger one. Just try to justify it to me. Why would any consumer buy a Vita 2 over a Switch?
-The graphics cant be better. Nintendo is using the best hardware on the market.
-It wont possibly have more appealing games than BotW, Mario Odyssey and the obvious future Pokemon
-Everyone will expect it to bomb, after the performance of the Vita, and no one wants to own a dead system
-Small third parties that have been releasing Vita games have been moving to the Switch. It wont even have the advantage it used to have in weeb games. A Vita 2 would perform so poorly that it would actually be pulled from the market.
>>
>>377377117

PS Move existed since 2004 you retard.
>>
>>377384038
It's only because the DS was out longer you idiot.

The 3DS will surpass the DS soon enough.

https://www.engadget.com/2013/04/18/3ds-still-outselling-ds/

see?
>>
>>377384050
Well, whatever. My point is that they're very similar numbers. Somehow those numbers are bad for Nintendo, but good for Sony.

Sort of like how the Switch is a dumb idea... until Sony does it, of course!
>>
>>377384102
It has games on it, that's all that matters.
>>
File: Miyamoto.gif (1MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto.gif
1MB, 360x203px
>>377375148
>MUH FUCKING NINTODDLERS
>both competing console companies just follow in the wake of whatever innovation Nintendo does next every single time
>>
>>377375148
After the Vita, why would they bother with another handheld?

They abandoned the Vita so hard and stopped talking about it altogether. What says that won't happen again with another handheld from them?
>>
>>377384000
Of course the would! Shit was risky as fuck.

Same with the Switch right now, it's selling quite well but who knows if it will keep momentum. So they still support the 3ds just in case.
>>
>>377384103
That was Sony's Kinect, not their Wiimote.
>>
>>377378669
Vita is getting new game announcements because games take a long time to make and new games being announced started development probably a year before announcement.
With the Switch now out and the current Vita sales tanking over 50% in Japan for the year with weekly sales sometimes not even breaking 5k, fewer and fewer Vita games are going to be announced from here on out.
>>
>>377383807
>the price
>came out at the same price point the 3ds had at the time

Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>377384107
>Article from 4 years ago
This is just getting sad.

At the same point in its life as the 3ds is now, the DS had sold over 125 million units.
>>
>>377382426
The Vita has more to do with the GBA than the Switch with the Vita. The only similarities between the two is that they both have one screen.
>>
>>377375148
No, modules are bad for health!
>>
Sonyfags are terrified
>>
>>377378778

The fuck are you smoking?
The PSP3 MIGHT be powerful enough to emulate PS2, but that's only if Sony manages to create an inhouse emulator that is good enough to be able too run on mid-range ARM processors.

But the PS3? Come the fuck on, the PS3 is actually still slightly MORE powerful than the PS4 when it comes to CPU processing power (as long as it is utilized properly)

>Free online
>Guaranteed thrid party

Oh, your just shitposting.
>>
>>377384157
Because Wii U is Nintendo's main console where they release their best games on which sold less than their predecessors while the Vita is a platform supported by only by japanese developers and western indie devs that managed to carve out their own niche and thrive on it which Sony abandoned years ago.

A new sony handheld following the same philosophy will be a great environment for developers of a smaller size to have their own platform to release games on without needing to compete with the larger profile games that the Switch will be getting from Nintendo.
>>
>>377384276
Are you, did you forget the shitty overpriced memory cards that cost like 80 dollars?
>>
>>377384256
That's what they said about the PSP and it took them 3-4 years later before they stopped releasing PSP games.
>>
>>377384169
It's a shame Nintendo doesn't copy that playbook and learn from the other two how to get fucking third party games. Too stupid to dominate the market, I suppose.
>>
>>377384342
>Both systems designed with the purpose of getting ports of previous generation console games running on a portable system

uh huh.
>>
File: 41igYUqt3VL.jpg (21KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
41igYUqt3VL.jpg
21KB, 500x372px
>>377383234
Hmm, the newer Vita uses regular USB for charging, but the stupid fucks only gave you 1GB internal memory....

I still think things would have been slightly better if Sony kept their Vita memory prices in line with SD cards cost, dropping the price accordingly and continuing to up the storage.

I have a 64GB card that is really full, so I keep having to switch out various PS1/PSP/Vita games.

Switching cards is a pain in the ass because they do NOT have the "bubble folder" settings stored on the cards! So that shit resets when you changed Vita memory cards, and the system ends up not displaying everything because there are too many icons on the main screens.

So you end up having to putting them back in folders and resetting your Vita till it shows them all.
>>
>>377384276
And then Nintendo slashed 80 dollars from the 3DS price. Because it was selling like shit at 250.
>>
>>377384368
Just because you're a dumbass that doesn't understand technology doesn't mean it's impossible. A sony device releasing in 2017 can easily emulate the PS3 due to advances in technology, if they couldn't then they would be truly incompetent.
>>
>>377383667
>Only mentions the (dynamic) resolution of a game and disregards the graphical fidelity, type of game, or framerate
>>
>>377383638
So yeah. It's all about demographics, better digital market place and a lower barrier of entry.

But what's to stop the Switch from being that? remember, the thing will allow people to have handheld and console titles.

It will not take much to push the system as a handheld microcosm for all types of games and budget titles.
To push it as both the place to get pokemon/MH/DQ but also the place to get Ys/Sengen kagura/Action donkey five the punchening.
Sure they won't be able to compete for the same money that a certain market gets but they'll have the other market to sell too.

Just because disney brs are selling doesn't mean that gorey action movies won't.
>>
>>377375148
>segmented d pad
>dual lower joys

Please keep fucking this up Spny
>>
>>377383946
>Nights of Azure 2.
Is that game somewhat decent or is it just Yuri boobs?
>>
>>377384463
things will turn around when the company stops sacrificing user convenience over total intellectual property control.
>>
>>377383807
Nintendo always acts fast whenever anyone encroaches on their handheld space.

Look at the DS, it was only invented to challenge the PSP which had 3D graphics which only the PSP could do at the time.

Look at the 3DS, they had to slash it's pricepoint by 1/3rd due to the hype the Vita was getting and gave out an ambassador program to everyone who bought it early.

Now the thing is that competition is good on the handheld space, I don't understand why people here would want less competition with the switch.
>>
>>377384402

My memory is shit, but I recall them coming with a 4gb card. The 3ds has 1-2gb cards at that point from memory.

The price was not the problems, it was complete lack of support at launch and gravity daze not being a """killer app""

>>377384493
So Sony should've sold it at more of a loss? Even after the price slash the 3ds was still sold at for
Nintendo was fucking deep throating consumers and people guzzled it and savoured when they came out with that shitty "ambassador" program, like it was a good thing. THe 3ds is a piece of shitty hardware that no-one enjoys and I'm so glad the switch exists now.
>>
>>377383451
>but if the "psp3" acts as a portable ps4 they won't have a problem supplying games to it
I wouldn't be too surprised if they did that eventually.

However, the hardware to get the PS4 into the Switch's form-factor still won't exist for a few years from AMD. Could happen in 2020 maybe?
>>
>>377384631
I only played a bit on PS4. Seems pretty braindead, like an early PS2 action game. Nice tits though.
>>
>>377384536
Vita d-pad is legitimately one of the best I have felt in well over a decade, they would be foolish not to copy that.
>>
>>377384516
It wasn't dynamic, anon.

I clearly remember God of War Collections being 720x408p at around 18-30fps because I researched a lot before buying it.
>>
File: YouWillUNDESTAND.jpg (43KB, 545x576px) Image search: [Google]
YouWillUNDESTAND.jpg
43KB, 545x576px
How bad has The Switch mindfucked sony roach bros?

This is some bizzare stage we're at.

Snap out of it and post your sales threads sony niggers, COME BACK TO EARTH PLEASE!

(nvm, they lost to the switch again this month)
>>
>>377384683
>I don't understand why people here would want less competition with the switch.
Because Sony isn't competition in the handheld market at this point. All they'll do at this point if they do release a system is pay for a few exclusives that would otherwise go to the Switch. They would provide zero pressure on Nintendo because their handheld division is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>377384528
>But what's to stop the Switch from being that?

Because Nintendo, we've heard many times all the time about how Nintendo learnt their lesson and how they're more accepting of other developers and improved everything only to fall into their old tricks again. Japanese developers will release a few games on the switch and will learn it's not worth releasing games on due to Nintendo being overbearing and thus move to other platforms like always.

PC is the only other platform in Japan where they can easily move to and make huge profits with.
>>
File: 6469-kenji_harima.jpg (26KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
6469-kenji_harima.jpg
26KB, 476x476px
>>377384372
>the Vita is a platform supported by only by japanese developers and western indie devs that managed to carve out their own niche and thrive on it which Sony abandoned years ago
Yeah, and they've since moved to the Switch because Sony literally said that the Vita is dead and that it won't have a successor.

Disgaea, Thumper, Mr. Shifty, Touhou, all those indie games in the indie direct. Loads of games that would have fit perfectly onto my Vita, but moved to a platform that's alive and wasn't pronounced dead and abandoned by its creator.

I feel like they'll have a hard battle getting them back (assuming PSP3 is real) with Switch having such a head start on it, all their target games, and their target audiences already invested in the Switch long before PSP3 is announced. Maybe Sony has a trend of copying Nintendo, but they also have a trend of their copies not being as successful.
>>
>>377384426
1st party >3rd party
>>
>>377384728
but you can buy a card capable of storing practically every worthwhile 3DS game for $20
that'll only get you 8gb on the Vita, 3-4 games depending
>>
>>377384829
>Got a huge amount of japanese third party support the 3ds didn't get because of demographics and space competition.
>Didn't pay those devs a damn thing for it.

Yeah, no, you are paranoid.
>>
>>377384839

The vita straight up isn't spec'd to run Disgaea 5, especially not with how incompetent their team is.
>>
File: sonypajeetLOVESVITA.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sonypajeetLOVESVITA.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
PROMOTING YOUR OWN YOUTUBE IS AGAINST THE RULES

CONSIDER BUYING 4CHAN ADS

YOU FUCKING FREELOADING FUCK !
>>
>>377384839
Best of luck to them, history has shown that any developers who moved to Nintendo ones have done worse or simply died off.
>>
>>377384761

Sony's PS2 collections (Ratchet, Jak & Daxter, and God of War) were all shit
>>
>>377384919

That still isn't a problem, because physical exists, and more importantly: there was fucking nothing to buy at the time, which is what killed the vita.

Sony was (rightfully) paranoid of piracy after the psp so they locked it down as well as they could which stood the test of time outside of early psp mode exploits.
>>
>>377384948
Yeah, there was no way they were going to competently port that.

They are horrid at optimization.
>>
>>377384368
The vita is stronger than a PS2 though
>>
>>377384839
Forgot Sine More, too.

>>377384948
Then why isn't Complete on PS4?

>>377384996
Yeah, like Monster Hunter, right? Oh wait, it's the most successful it's ever been.
>>
>>377384847
This sort of mentality is why Nintendo struggles in the long run. You can have both you know, but you settle for less for whatever reason.
>>
>>377385137
>Then why isn't Complete on PS4?
Complete is literally just the ps4 game bundled with the dlc that the ps4 got.
>>
YEAH I'M SURE SONY ROACHES WILL WANT TO BUY ANOTHER PSVITA

AFTER SONY COMPLETELY FUCKED THEM OVER.
>>
>>377385137
You buy Disgaea 5 and the season pass and there you go, Disgaea 5 Complete.
>>
>>377385137
Why isn't d4r on ps4?

Complete with random fucking german/stretched text in the PAL version, not to mention baciel voices making the game crash.
>>
>>377375148
>"PSP3 is consistent through both translations"
>was written in English characters in the first place

That's some good detective work.
>>
>>377385102
nah, no amount of paranoia justifies jewing your consumers that badly
it's not simply that it was proprietary, it's that it cost 10x more than it should have
>>
>>377385137
So you can only name Monster Hunter, the equivalent of COD to the Japanese with massive marketing and advertisement put into the game release.

You don't hear about any small 3DS developers growing bigger and making bigger and better games instead you hear the opposite where a small Vita developer manage to get off a few hits and grow bigger and better.

You can see Falcom, Compile heart, Experience inc, Marvelous and other small developers that started off making off small niche games that are now moving onto making bigger and better games.
>>
>>377385236
Developers need to work harder to provide the same amount of quality as Nintendo games then. I'm not going to pay the same money for some developer's piss poor effort when Nintendo offers their best in creating a game that is perfectly crafted in every single way.

Nintendo's 1st party represents the best gaming has to offer, if third parties cannot compete with that then tough luck, they need to work harder then.
>>
File: 2014-09-02-150741.jpg (157KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-02-150741.jpg
157KB, 960x544px
>>377385274

Look at this shit
>>
>>377377117

Nintendo leaves too many "competitive openings"
>>
>>377385365
>Experience
>making bigger and better games
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/operation-babel-new-tokyo-legacy-character-trailer
>>
>>377385365
>So you can only name Monster Hunter
You did say "any developers". Don't base your argument on absolutes if you don't want to be dealt just one outlier that proves you wrong.

Shin'en has been with Nintendo forever and they have the best looking game on the Switch right now.
>>
>>377385482
>Cue everyone pointing at things like federation force, sticker star, the super lazy nsmb games, star fox zero etc etc.
>>
NOW PS5 IS COMING TOO

>>377385532
>>>>377385532

>>>>377385532
OH MY GOD

SONY IS GONNA WIN GLOBALLY
>>
>>377385514
So a developer that made games that sold 2000 copies at most on the PSP is now getting their games localised in english and released on the Vita and PC with their games selling 10 times more than they used to for a simple remake of their old game?

Is that bad?
>>
>>377385236

>You can have both you know, but you settle for less for whatever reason.

So why doesn't Sony do both?

>Nintendo struggles in the long run

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>377385365
>>377385514
Whoops, wrong link:
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/yomi-wo-saku-hana-delayed-2018-japan-genre-changed-dungeon-rpg
>>
>>377384832
Dude, nintendo honestly has no fucking choice in the matter anymore. They've been desperately shilling the console everywhere. Haven't been shilling or even attempting to get quick and dirty games to sell to the audience for some unfathomably fucking retarded reason though.

As for PC....LOLOLOL.
Jap games? Doing well on PC? In Japan?
Are you from another universe? One where the PC isn't just that place to play creepy porn games MMOs troll on 2chan and fap/shlick to uncensored porn from overseas?
>>
>>377385365
>Falcom
You do understand they have had consistant brand recognition since the early 1980s right? They are the worst example you could name when trying to make a statement about small japanese developers.
>>
File: monhun.png (21KB, 951x310px) Image search: [Google]
monhun.png
21KB, 951x310px
>>377385137
>Oh wait, it's the most successful it's ever been.
>>
>>377385597
>Pro
>PSP3
>PS5
Isn't this the sort of constant bombardment of platform releases that caused the gaming crash?
>>
>>377384839
Literally next to no good third party support on the Switch, just a few old scraps.
>>
>>377385636
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-japan-learned-to-love-pc-gaming-again/

PC gaming is thriving in japan, it'll be the next big platform for all the developers to move their games to as it's cheaper than releasing it on Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>377375148
No way Sony would do this, it'd lose them millions. They already have a popular, profitable console. Besides:

>Make it a handheld

>Has to compete with 3DS, Switch, and Vita(in Japan)

>Make it a console/handheld hybrid

>Now competing with XBone, Switch, 3DS, Vita(in Japan), and, of course, the PS4

Who would this even be marketed to? Anyone who cares about portable Sony games already has a Vita. Would be smarter to just support that instead.
>>
>>377385482
I would agree with you if classic Nintendo was still a thing, but can you seriously say that now? Fire Emblem Echoes immediately comes to mind since it is so very recent, what a patchwork piece of shit that ended up being, and they have the fucking temerity to charge expensive day 1 DLC, and even more week 1 DLC. They've given up their seal of quality for more shekels, now I just see a bunch of greedy old zipperheads, just like Sony. The fall from grace is honestly depressing.
>>
>>377385698
>PSP
Probably number of copies pirated.
>>
>>377385597
Market saturation will happen.
>>
>>377385721
>Handhelds and consoles together
>Bombardment

Well I guess if nintendo didn't crash by releasing a different type of 3ds every year for five years and the switch and the wiiu all in the same time frame I guess sony is fine.
>>
>>377385102
Nigga, without piracy, the PSP would have gotten fucked harder then a tipsy blonde dyke in a black fraternity.
I know it, sony knows it, everyone else knows it, except for you.
It literally kept the thing alive.
>>
>>377385602
>on the PSP
They only made one game for PSP. Their games still sell like shit, Demon Gaze being the outlier and that was years ago, the sequel didn't do nearly as well.
>>
File: 1470957419675.jpg (71KB, 371x334px) Image search: [Google]
1470957419675.jpg
71KB, 371x334px
>>377385748
>when Sony gets multiplats they're "third party"
>what Nintendo gets multiplats they're "scraps"
>>
>>377375148
If you read it, it just says they are making Phantasy Star Portable 3
>>
I will buy it.

I loved PSP and love my Vita so I'm getting this as well.
>>
>>377385687
Falcom who was a small developer who made nothing but PC games and branched off into Nintendo games which failed badly. Then when they moved to a playstation only developer, they grew and grew and their games sell far more than they ever did on Nintendo platforms and on PC.

All of their experiments on Nintendo platforms failed horribly. They are an example of how a developer can grow bigger by not focusing on Nintendo platforms despite putting effort into the market.
>>
>>377383295

>Nintendo is completely fucking it up right now by not lowering the bar for handheld game producers and budget tier game makers and getting them to flood the system with mid tier handheld and multiplayer games. I guess they're hoping for another DS/Wii success while not actually laying the groundwork to ensure that it happens.

Oh shit, your right. I never thought about it like this before.

Although, I do hope that they managed to rope in enough good AA or just A games by doing this since that is what the NDSdid and was best at.
But, I'm going through the EU Eshop right now and the most of the games that I find are shit inde games that are somehow worse than the indie games that existed on the NDS, and ports, with only a few exclusives in the list.
>>
File: 1494488629340.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494488629340.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>377375148
>P5 Crimson to be stuck on another dead handheld
>>
>>377385698
Wasn't Monster Hunter like the only game that sold well on the PSP?
>>
>>377379128

It's not on the Switch ;)
>>
>>377385597
The ps4k sold for absolute shit, the ps5 will sell worse then you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>377385863
Not him, but some of what nintendo is getting as far as third party support isn't even multiplats at this point, but years old games just getting ported.

Yeah, it's neat it got puyo puyo tetris, 3 years after I played it.

skyrim is its big third party game this year.
>>
>>377385798
You don't have to buy the DLC you know? It's not for people like you but for people who demand extra content.

Also Nintendo was smart enough to release all the DLC in a season pass which is far cheaper and better to get than individually because you get to save money.
>>
>>377385863
You fucking kidding? They are mostly older games. The stuff that releases in conjuction runs worse than the Vita in some cases.

You make it seem like its a mass exodus when most developers dont give a fuck about the Switch, and its continuing the trend of lazy to none third party support.
>>
>>377385597
Even as a Sonyfag, that's so fucking pointless. The PS4 is doing just fucking fine, we don't need another console for a solid half a decade.

Let people finish their meal before putting like 12 other goddamn plates on the table.
>>
The translation of that "article" is fucking pathetic.
The writer of the article is summarizing points made by Matsuda Yosuke in an interview. In the summary of those points, he mentions that "Several new game platforms are coming out in 2017 - the Nintendo Switch as well as Project Scorpio which should come out soon"
And then the writer of the article writes the sentence that the guy who made this video had "translated" (aka completely out of context as to what it fucking is). The writer of the article thinks that because he said "several" new consoles will be coming out and only named 2, that he might be hinting at PSP3. That's literally it. It's just an offhand comment from the author of the article.
>>
File: psp sales.jpg (149KB, 968x724px) Image search: [Google]
psp sales.jpg
149KB, 968x724px
>>377385984

It's overstated.
>>
>>377385783
Nigga, show me sales.
Not shilly articles about how awesome steam is.

I want actual fucking numbers.
>>
>>377377117
The irony is that Sony had the PS Move tech showcased years before nintendo even thought about motion controls but didn't have the fath to introduce it to the market. Who knows if they did and it failed would that be enough to spare us from the shitshow that was the Wii.
>>
>>377385783
>PC is getting years late shitty ports
>W-we're winning guys!

PC landscape is fucking awful for developers. Piracy is rampant and the rest refuses to buy a game for more than 10 bucks. A port is generally profitable, but it's not the "future of gaming" you retards want to pretend it is.
>>
>>377386032
>Also Nintendo was smart enough to release all the DLC in a season pass which is far cheaper and better to get than individually because you get to save money.
>>
>>377385950
Dead or not, I fucking loved Persona 4 on the Vita. Handheld is exactly the way I want to play those sorts of games.
>>
>>377386119
It's doing okay in Japan, that's the only thing that matters. It acts as the only viable platform for small japanese developers to move their games to as the Vita is slowly dying.
>>
>>377384514
You're grossly underestimating the hardware power required to do proper emulation, the only tech retard here is you.
>>
>>377384923
Too bad it's all dev reject trash
>>
>>377386027
>Yeah, it's neat it got puyo puyo tetris, 3 years after I played it.
Isn't that a localization issue? I mean, no console had it in English until this year.

>skyrim is its big third party game this year.
Skyrim is every console's big third party game this year because of this fucking "remaster a game from just last gen" meme.
>>
>>377386043
>Let people finish their meal before putting like 12 other goddamn plates on the table.
You mean LET US HAVE OUR MEALS FIRST, before they remove the plates and replace them with like 12 other goddamn plates on the table.

Let us have Kojima's game and FF7 RE episode 1 at least before they shit the bed like MS.
>>
>>377386084

I'm still holding out hope that Rockstar will put a Midnight Club on the Switch.
>>
>>377378669
>Switch is owned by Nintendo which means most of these studios cannot afford to release their games on it.
Are you kidding? The switch dev kit is incredibly cheap, and the fact that the switch and its eshop are region free is a complete blessing to Japan's indie studios. Japan's indies LOVE the accessibility and market of the Switch
>>
>>377386236
>Skyrim is every console's big third party game this year

Every other platform got the remaster LAST year, and it was hardly the biggest third party game on any other platform.

Just nintendo's.
>>
>>377385063
Unfortunately true
>>
>>377386316
I'm sure all of Japan's mid and small tier studios are scrambling to release games on the Switch right now.

Oh wait, there's only been a handful of announcements since the Switch has been released, guess we'll just have to wait then.
>>
>>377386330
>and it was hardly the biggest third party game on any other platform
It literally topped the charts for weeks
>>
>>377385063
Honestly, I'd overlook Sony copying Nintendo for the umpteenth time and buy a PSP3 if it had a TimeSplitters collection. Not like TimeSplitters Rewind where it's just online multiplayer, but all of the single player stuff, too.
>>
>>377386032
That reminds me that unless I missed something, they advertised that season pass as 30% off compared to buying them all separately, but when you do the math, it's $51.95 separate, and $44.99 with season pass, which sure as fuck is not 30%. I hope I just missed a DLC pack somewhere, because if not they evidently think their consumer base is too fucking stupid to perform simple mathematics, which is a tad insulting.
>>
>>377385923
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom#Published_works

REALLY makes me think.
>>
>>377386316
>eshop are region free is a complete blessing to Japan's indie studios.
That's a good point, PS Store on the Vita is more of a hassle than it should be since your memory cards are tied to accounts.
>>
File: 1494650322827.jpg (87KB, 803x616px) Image search: [Google]
1494650322827.jpg
87KB, 803x616px
>>377384839
>and their target audiences already invested in the Switch long before PSP3 is announced

This is just wrong though, people like me aren't going to buy a Switch, devs who are making YS VIII, Danganronpa 3, Digimon Hackers Memory and 999 directors new game and Romancing Saga remake simply aren't going to the Switch.

Sony's ecosystems and platforms are for different people and experience and isn't replaceable with Nintendo stuff. You are also extremely naive to think developers are just going to abandon a already established 15+mil installbase who continuously buy games for 2.5 million die hard Nintendo fanboys who bought a Switch.

Don't talk such dumb shit next time please. The market for various third party games for Sony consoles is there, it's not as big as the demmand is for Nintendo consoles/games but dont say all this dumb shit and pretend like Nintendo is the only relevant platform in handheld gaming, it just exposes you as a casual and as a handheld enthusiast who actually cares about the health of the market you're just being a massive faggot who clearly only plays a small seleciton of portable vidiya by spouting this dumb shit
>>
>>377383606
It was internally known as NGP.
>>
>not lowering the bar for handheld game producers and budget tier game makers and getting them to flood the system with mid tier handheld and multiplayer games

are we looking at the same launch window?

That's exactly what they did, outside of BotW.

All the other games and downloadables are budget releases.

if it's anything to suggest. the Switch library will carve out a niche that's a good deal different from Sony, and especially MS.I actually didn't think this could ever happen but it looks like it really is.
>>
File: 1487566492707.jpg (21KB, 486x521px) Image search: [Google]
1487566492707.jpg
21KB, 486x521px
>>377385236
>This sort of mentality is why Nintendo struggles in the long run
Nintendo: Barely scraping by since 1889.
>>
>>377386540
Yeah, the DS games did so poorly it wasn't even listed in the Wiki list of released games.

Ys Strategy
Legacy of Ys: Books I & II
>>
>>377386572
>l installbase who continuously buy games for 2.5 million
Someone post the PS4 top selling exclusives list.
>>
>>377386419
A bunch of them have, Kamiko and VOEZ in particular came from small indie studios. It takes time to develop games even with a cheap kit.
>>
>>377386421
It didn't even punch the top ten for third party games in 2016, and was solidly being outsold by the other, bigger holiday releases around it.
>>
>>377386572
>devs who are making YS VIII, Danganronpa 3, Digimon Hackers Memory and 999 directors new game and Romancing Saga remake simply aren't going to the Switch.
You don't know that, especially since 999 was on the original DS. Considering that the Switch is looking to obtain the variety that the DS had but the 3DS lacked, its possible those devs will make a Switch game.
>>
File: 1480647455933.png (240KB, 432x429px) Image search: [Google]
1480647455933.png
240KB, 432x429px
>>377386615
>and especially MS
The only library the Xbox has is whatever's on Netflix.
>>
>>377385925
The only way to make this work is if they push AAA AA and A stuff to the top of the heap and section off the tiny time waster tier indie stuff into smaller subsections and sell them cheap and or in batches.
Or have them vie for who'll be a prize or reward to be given away to customers.

Would also love to have a midtier digital only publishing house that creates those kinds of games that are sorely lacking. Like beatem ups, shooters that aren't about a quasi realistic war, ww2 or halo, 4player racing and action games, sports games that aren't made by EA like mutant league football or something. That kind of thing.

I'm sure they'd be able to sell fairly well if they helped push the idea of buying digital dollars to buy and download games.
>>
>>377386572
You can play all of Zero Escape on the DS and 3DS you know.
>>
>>377386678
And neither were developed or published by Falcom. Your point?
>>
File: 1495119490390.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495119490390.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>377386759
How's that any different from my PS4?
>>
>>377386720
VOEZ is a port.
>>
>>377386693
selling_PlayStation_4_video_games
>>
>>377386815
Those all exist on the Vita already.
>>
Why are people pretending that Vita shovelware is in any way unique? Indies need far less to break even and they're doing fine on the Switch.
>>
>>377375148
HOW TO MAKE THE PSP3 A SUCCESS
1. MAKE THE XPERIA PLAY AGAIN
2. MAKE THE HARDWARE NOT AWFUL AND OUTDATED
3. PAY DEVS TO MAKE REAL GAMES FOR IT

I say this every time it comes up. I'm playing fucking Titan Quest on my phone right now but don't think I wouldn't throw it in the bin if I could get a Sony phone with a sildeout controller that plays Disgaea 5 or whoever Sony pays to make games for it. Xperia Play only had 2 flaws and that was shitty godawful hardware and exactly zero software support.
>>
File: 1494718397297.png (194KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1494718397297.png
194KB, 576x699px
>>377386678
>Ys Strategy
There was a Ys Strategy game... And they didn't buy it.
>>
>>377384368
>PS3 is actually still slightly MORE powerful than the PS4 when it comes to CPU
lol
>>
>>377386935
Bad link link
>>377384536
>>
File: 1477802604527.png (786KB, 859x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477802604527.png
786KB, 859x720px
>>377386865
Talladega Nights isn't on Netflix.
>>
>>377383547

>Nintendo is literally using the most modern chip on the market

No, they are using the same ship that is in the shield tv android console. Nvidia has actually release a newer ship that is going to go into mass production in a few months.
It's more powerful and uses less energy than the tegra ship that is in the switch. If Nintendo hadn't cheaped out and rushed the switch out of the door we might have had a console that would be about 30-50% more powerful and that generate less heat at the same time.

And let's face it, the switch wasn't ready for release when they released it. There are so many missing features and random glitches in the operating system, not to mention all the quirks with the hardware.
Like, bending consoles, heat-disapation issues, shitty lock-mechanism for the controllers, connection issues for the controllers and wifi, no bluetooth support for thirdparty devices, etc

The switch is a great little machine that was rushed out WAY to early and that will live or die on it's thirdparty support and hardware revisions that Nintendo will probably release.
>>
>>377384368
>The PSP3 MIGHT be powerful enough to emulate PS2
android phones are already on the way there

PS3 is too much tho i agree
>>
>>377386992
Holy fuck I'm retarded

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_4_video_games
>>
File: 1481311110636.jpg (33KB, 506x526px) Image search: [Google]
1481311110636.jpg
33KB, 506x526px
>>377386572
Most of everything you listed is either on PC or 3DS. What makes you think they'd be willing to moving to somewhere other than Playstation, but suddenly have a vendetta against the Switch?
>>
File: 1488932341289.jpg (44KB, 378x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488932341289.jpg
44KB, 378x411px
>>377375148
Did the Vita even break even for Sony?

What are they doing? Even Nintendo knows the mobile space is dying, which is why they consolidated their mobile and home console divisions into one platform with the Switch.
>>
>>377387150
Do people actually bring their Switch outside?
>>
>>377387293
We can only hope Quentin's teaching have reached the masses.
>>
>>377387131
I have reevaluated my vendetta on the Switch from once a week to none a week.
>>
>>377387035
>>377387035
>Nintendo is literally using the most modern chip on the market
>no, this chip that's not yet on the market is better

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377387035
>No, they are using the same ship that is in the shield tv android console.
And its the best at what it does until Xavier is ready, and the price for that wont be in Nintendo's range until its time for a Switch successor.
>>
>>377387370
Not him, but the shield TV and the switch aren't even using the best Tegra chip, let alone what that guy is talking about.
>>
>>377387293
I will once there's more fucking games on the thing. Breath of the Wild is shit as a portable game, you can't accomplish much in a short 20-30 minutes like you can a typical 3ds/vita game.
>>
File: 1336257456314.png (58KB, 696x552px) Image search: [Google]
1336257456314.png
58KB, 696x552px
>>377375148
NOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOO
NOT THE SONY SWITCH
PLEASE NO
JUST RELEASE A BETTER VITA WITHOUT YOUR GODFORSAKEN MEMORY CARDS
>>
>>377387131
There is no need for anyone to move anywhere that's the thing. The financial viability of PS platforms don't suddenly end when Nintendo releases a new device and publishers benefit from consolidating their userbase on a single platform anyway, it's not a vendetta but a business decision, the reason why Atlus releases it's games on the platforms and in the fashion that they do. The installbase for Switch is just ultimately too small for anything now, in the future we will see. Some publishers do have a vendetta against Nintendo though like for real they would rather not work with them if they don't have to but very few have that position against Sony.
>>
>>377381489
What if I don't give a shit about final fantasy? And don't let me start with god of war.

Peace Walker was good but the technology which is why this series is recognized was dumbed down because it was in a portable console.
>>
>>377387656
>the reason why Atlus releases it's games on the platforms and in the fashion that they do
Atlus has a ton of games on the 3DS. I also said nothing about abandoning the Playstation platform. Why would making something multiplat be a bad business decision? More platforms is more potential customers.
>>
>>377387035
>bending consoles, heat-disapation issues, shitty lock-mechanism for the controllers, connection issues for the controllers and wifi, no bluetooth support for thirdparty devices, etc

none of which are real problems since they are basically isolated issues like with any hardware.

Hell my PS4 and Xbone have frozen too, My xbone sometimes doesn't want to turn on and my PS4 kept crashing when I played some games, I guess they also have quirks
>>
File: 1483306588108.jpg (13KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483306588108.jpg
13KB, 278x278px
>>377387029
>>
>>377387293
yeah, to play with other friends
>>
>>377387656
>but very few have that position against Sony.
Yes and no. They don't have a problem working with Sony but at the same time they detest when Sony gets arrogant and becomes a tyrant like during the PS2 era which also bled into the PS3.

Ideally, they want someone that can rival Sony and keep them in check.
>>
>>377377741
Amazingly shit
>>
>>377385698
That's honestly pretty similar, accounting for hardware install bases.
>>
>>377386419
BitSummit is in a few days. We'll probably find out soon.
>>
>>377385135
>>377384514

Oh, just like the 3DS was stronger than the gamecube? WHERE IS MY GOD DAMNED SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 3DS SHIGERU!?
Being abe to EMULATE and PORT games are two completely different things.

God damn, I didn't know that /v/ was this tech-illiterate.

>>377386967

Look it up, unless I'm mistaken, the Cell is still more powerful (although only by a hairs width) than the AMD chip that is in the PS4 when it comes to CPU processing power.
The GPU does run laps around the one in the PS3 though.
>>
>>377383638
All the falcom games on nintendo consoles have been shit. You can't really blame "the market" if you treat the costumers like that.

The same goes to NIS.
>>
>>377387780
>Why would making something multiplat be a bad business decision?
>More platforms is more potential customers.

It's just the way it is, I'm not even sure myselfl but it makes seems sense from a business perspective for the publisher as it's the reason why DQ 8 port was for 3DS only and why DQB was Sony only. Why aren't those games multiplats? I dont really know desu

>>377387881
The PS2 is not the reason publishers would hate Sony though, I can understand the argument for the PS3 though. The PS3 had a really bad effect on publishers in Japan and complicated the development FFXV, Persona 5, GT, TLG and many other games.
>>
File: what the fug1.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug1.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
>>377380054
>replay P4G
>that fucking ghosting
>>
File: duuuh.jpg (21KB, 522x399px) Image search: [Google]
duuuh.jpg
21KB, 522x399px
>>377386083
welp
>>
>>377379626
Thats what they did with the Vita and it sold worse than the PSP.
>>
>>377375148
Did you cucks really think Sony would let nintendo have 100% of the marketshare?
>>
>>377384683
The NDS released and started development before the PsP though.
Although I agree with your statement, and it's probably the biggest reason to why nintendo choose to rush the switch to the market.
>>
>>377385698
>PSP: 14.26 million
>3DS: 14.99 million
So... yes?
>>
>>377388091
>The PS2 is not the reason publishers would hate Sony though
I don't know if you remember, the bled developers heavily during the PS2 eras. A bunch of their "exclusive" developers suddenly started making games for the Gamecube and Xbox, which carried over the 360 getting the push it did even in Japan.

There was a conscious effort to bring Sony down a peg because of their attitude.
>>
>>377388302
What developers were those?
>>
>>377388302
I always found it weird that the third game in TimeSplitters, a PS2 launch title, was multiplatform instead of just on PS2. Guess I know why now.
>>
>>377388278
NDS was a prototype that they had in the works that wasn't ready that they were forced to rush into the market as the PSP was gaining ground incredibly fast. This is why the NDS kinda floundered a bit before they reworked and revised it into the DS Lite a year later which fixed it's initial flaws which started it's ascent to being the best selling handheld.
>>
>>377378946
>Chinatown wars 2
I need this on the switch so bad.
>>
I just bought a 3.51 OLED Vita, no idea why I have a hacked 3DS so I just wanted something for emulation. It's a pretty good system, it just has no games. Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, and Muramasa is about it.

I just wish it emulated N64 or the regular old DS.
>>
>>377384683
>Look at the 3DS, they had to slash it's pricepoint by 1/3rd due to the hype the Vita was getting
What?

They slashed the price because it cost too fucking much and the sales reflected that.
>>
>>377388454
timesplitters 2 was multiplat, too.
>>
File: 1495120337319.jpg (54KB, 427x367px) Image search: [Google]
1495120337319.jpg
54KB, 427x367px
>>377386954
They would lose anyway. Nobody can compete against Nintendo when it comes to handhelds.
>>
>>377388549
Which was in direct response to the Vita. Nintendo knew they couldn't let another handheld like the PSP do so well in the market and had to cap the Vita's knees before it even launched. This is why Capcom who showed off a Monster Hunter prototype running on the Vita suddenly saying they are now Nintendo exclusive and the 3DS receiving a $80 price cut around the world a week before the Vita launched.

This essentially crippled the Vita from doing well as the 3DS is now far cheaper and the Vita's system seller is now no longer on it.
>>
>>377375148
> HAVE YOU BOUGHT THE NEW SONY PEE PEE THREE!?!
>>
>>377388406

Developers from a lot of the big houses like Rockstar, Capcom, Konami, etc. Japanese devs were even publicly afraid to alienate Sony but their developers still branched out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-13-why-xbox-failed-in-japan

>Microsoft had heard on the grapevine that Shinji Mikami, famed creator of Resident Evil, had grown tired and frustrated with developing for the PlayStation 2, which hadn't even been out a year. There were whispers that Mikami was thinking about moving Resident Evil away from PlayStation. He was looking at Microsoft, preparing to launch the Xbox, and Nintendo, preparing to launch the GameCube.
>>
>>377388681
>Which was in direct response to the Vita.
Yeah, gonna need a citation on that. If the 3DS wasn't selling because consumers were anticipating the Vita so much, you'd think the Vita would've at least sold decently.

The 3DS price drop happened before Sony even started advertising the Vita. At that time, the majority of consumers were unaware of the Vita's existence.
>>
>>377385597
That would be one of the dumbest things they could ever do. The PS4 is just statring to get some decent exclusives and they just released an upgraded version of the console aswell.

If Sony does this they will lose ALL of the consumer trust and good PR that they have managed to scrap together these past 5 years by just not being as much of a duchebag as rest of the competition.

This is what happened at the start of the vidya crash in the US. If they start pulling crap like this they could either end up like Sega or instigate another vidya crash and take the entire vidya market down with them.
>>
>>377388809
Do you have any sources for rockstar and konami and them?

I mean, konami has always been a multiplatform dev, and Rockstar had been a multiplat developer/publisher before the ps2.

>Shinji Mikami

boy that sure turned out not the way he expected...
>>
>>377388923
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-28-nintendo-announces-3ds-price-cut

https://www.destructoid.com/expect-ps-vita-details-at-tokyo-game-show-2011-207639.phtml

3DS was floundering in Japan and the west and Sony was set to release their new handheld the Vita which was set to at least do as well as the PSP. Nintendo had to act fast and destroy the Vita as soon as possible which resulted in them doing a price cut and obtained Monster Hunter and quickly got a few Nintendo first party games to launch quicker. Nintendo has never done anything like this before and it can only be attributed to being threatened by a potential new handheld that could outdo and kill the 3DS so they had to act quickly.

They succeeded.
>>
>>377377117
But the switch is just a vita with detachable controllers.
>>
>>377380432
But they don't even compete for the same audiences. Sony has completely different genres all around.
The same as Move, it sold like shit as it always does with anything non-traditional in the console enviroment other than the Wii.
Switch is working out of novelty and for being from Nintendo, this however isn't. The Vita proved that already.
>>
>>377389289
Vita can't be connected to a TV. It's a PSP with detachable controllers.
>>
>>377389397
It had a TV out but sony never released the cable for it.
>>
>>377389093

Not directly, no. But you can figure it out based on what's stated in that article and other

I mean Tekken was a Playstation flagship at one point, then suddenly Tekken 6 for Xbox 360.
>>
>>377389454
If your only evidence of this is loose conjecture, I just don't see it. Especially when you are talking about devs who were NEVER playstation exclusive developers.
>>
>>377389454
And Ace Combat 6. That one is still the weirdest for me.
>>
>>377375148
He's so full of shit, I'm getting mad
and his "native japanese" friend, too

Are they doing this on purpose for clickbait?
It's literally saying the opposite of what they imply

>2017年には幾つか新しいゲームプラットフォームが登場する、Nintendo Switchの他Project Scorpioもいよいよ出てくる
>幾つか新しいゲームプラットフォームと言って二つしかあげていない、これはPSP3(仮)の存在ヲー(以下略)というのはさておき、総じてコンテンツにちゃんと向き合っている感がありますね。

>Several new game platforms debut in 2017. Besides the Nintendo Switch, Project Scorpio is also about to be finally come out
>[blah blah blah]
>Having said several new game platforms, we only gave two examples
>Putting aside whether a PSP3 exists [middle omitted] blah blah blah
>>
>>377389454
>then suddenly Tekken 6 for Xbox 360.

If you were developing fighting games in the seventh gen and weren't making them multiplat you were an idiot.

It was the only way to secure marketshare in the US.
>>
>>377377703
"Oh, by the way, you have to pay for online now,"

They didn't say it onstage. They let it slowly slip through with journos. I think it was like two days after the presentation before it was even confirmed.
>>
>>377389572
>Especially when you are talking about devs who were NEVER playstation exclusive developers.
Tekken was a Playstation exclusive. It was one of the games that put the name Playstation on the map.
>>
>>377387826
The connection issues affect every switch released so far with the only fix being to wait for a new switch batch that does not have these problems or buy new ''fixed'' joycons, the bending/lock is also an issue that affects every user although some are more affected by it than others.

And I'm not comparing the switch to other consoles, it's unacceptable when Sony and Microsoft does it aswell. Fuck, I just wan't a new console that does not have all of these growing pains. Like the fucking SNES or PS1 or GCN, they didn't have problems like this, hell most consoles didn't have problems like this before generation 7.
>>
>>377389648

You can say that now, because it happened. People wouldn't have believed in a multiplat Tekken before then though.
>>
Looks like a Switch clone. As expected of Sony, always copying Nintendo's hardware only for it to be absolutely forgotten. I mean come on, the Playstation Eye and Move? And now this lmao fucking hell.
>>
>>377389764
>a bunch of their exclusive developers
> Rockstar, Capcom, Konami

You knew exactly what I was talking about.

As for tekken, you don't by any chance think them merging with Bandai had anything to do with them suddenly trying to cash in harder on the franchise starting with the first game release after they stopped being classic Namco?
>>
>>377389880
That's just a mockup. The real thing is... nothing, I guess:
>>377389632
>>
The Vita memory cards are fairly priced for what they are. They're faster than most SD cards and the performance is top notch.
>>
>>377388809
That was a great read, thank you anon for sharing this.
>>
>>377375148
Fucking clickbait, kill yourself.
>>
>>377389621
>>377389454
MS moneyhatted them.

They also got From Software to do xbox only games like Otogi, MWC, Tenchu Z, and Chromehounds.
Or the billion shmups that came to 360.

They were pulling a Bungie with Japan.
>>
>>377383380
Ok. I lol'd out loud hard.
>>
File: 100.jpg (37KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
37KB, 200x276px
>>377377461
>Sony
>games
>>
File: IMG_7283.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7283.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>377386595
>>
>>377390090
>Or the billion shmups that came to 360.
I thought that was just because it was easy and cheap to port from PC, like VNs and these Experience Inc. dungeon crawlers. I really don't see why MS would moneyhat low profile games like these.
>>
>>377389450
And instead we just got the ps tv.
>>
File: 1477134198209.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477134198209.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>377384641
>>
>>377390125
yeah know imagine splitting their "games" in 2 consoles.
>>
>>377390378
Because that's what japs like and theyre cheap as fuck.
>>
>>377382351
>nintendo consumers expect quality games
>shit games dont sell as well as on sony consoles

How is this a bad thing, senpai?
Do you expect people to buy shit games?
>>
File: 1438197014436.png (322KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438197014436.png
322KB, 1000x1000px
>>377385482
>>
File: erMuOuKPEdvR1DIBGA3h.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
erMuOuKPEdvR1DIBGA3h.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>377389880
eyetoy came first and so did the move prototype. leave it to ninteniggers to be ignorant as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8SbLgHkzI
>>
>>377390817
Companies of these sizes have all these patents laying around. I guarantee you Nintendo has their own Kinect prototype patented. What matters is that Sony only uses them whenever someone else has proven them successful.
>>
>>377389191
>http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-28-nintendo-announces-3ds-price-cut
>https://www.destructoid.com/expect-ps-vita-details-at-tokyo-game-show-2011-207639.phtml
...Anon, you just proved that the 3DS price cut happened BEFORE we even got Vita details from TGS, which directly contradicts your assertion that "they had to slash it's pricepoint by 1/3rd due to the hype the Vita was getting".

>Nintendo has never done anything like this before
...yes, because sales were below their expectations. That was due to the high price and the contraction of the handheld market (which is basically what killed the Vita). The mass market wasn't holding off on the 3DS because people were excited for the Vita. The mass market didn't even know about the Vita at that point.
>>
>>377391437
Vita was unveiled at E3 in 2011, TGS was where we would see Japan's support for the Vita including Capcom's support.

Nintendo stopped this from happening.
>>
>>377375148
>supposedly
MetalDave is just Educated Guesses the channel.
>>
>>377377648
God that generation had sexy looking consoles.
>>
A reminder ob who SuperMetalDave is. He was the guy who was convinced the Switch was going to be many times more powerful than the PS4 and kept lying to himself all the way up until the reveal. Then he livestrdamed the reveal with a smug smile and got btfo indefinitely. Go look it up, was hilarious.
>>
File: 03v2 .png (849KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03v2 .png
849KB, 1280x720px
>>377391275
just stop, nintenigger.
https://youtu.be/8wdPi0n0lOs?t=2m38s
>>
File: wy.gif (2MB, 560x240px) Image search: [Google]
wy.gif
2MB, 560x240px
>>377386572
>and pretend like Nintendo is the only relevant platform in handheld gaming
>pretend
>>
>>377379880
>It would give them a huge competetive advantage and they would take that opportunity
They wouldn't. These online subscriptions are literally more profitable than games and or hardware sales. It is by far the most profitable venue and has literally become even more important than games themselves.

They also want to lock people into staying exclusively on their platform through their subscriptions, by cutting off content the moment said subscription(s) end. So that Chuck and Chad would stay with Sony who've they've been subscribed to for half a decade over going over to a competitor and lose their subscription privileges.

They started to charge for online play on the PS4 even though they didn't for the PS3 or any of their other platforms. And it was their biggest success of the decade. And it still is. Reading their financial reports makes this perfectly clear.

You supported paid online, and now you'll never, ever get rid off it.
>>
>>377391847
Sure, perhaps. But the 3DS's price drop was not a reaction to the Vita's hype, since only the hardcore audience was aware of it at that point. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>377388527
>Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048
Why didn't you buy a PS4?
>>
>>377384641
Yeah, now that's never gonna happen.
>>
>>377384631
just yuri boobs
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.