[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is a piece of shit - The Surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: the sure.jpg (122KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
the sure.jpg
122KB, 460x215px
Why is it so hard for devs to copy the souls-formula? It's not like it's fucking difficult.

Boss fights in this game are a god damn joke. One hit kills, and chain-combo's out the ass. Zero feedback related to actually damaging the boss, then suddenly, you or it are dead.

>Muh NPC's
Here's a guy you can't actually do anything with until halfway through the game. Here's a girl whos questline you can screw up despite giving her exactly what she asks for.

>Muh shortcuts
Sure is awesome when most of them are just overhead walkways, and have no meaningful choices to the gameplay.

The entire game is just spamming dodge into enemies, using the dodge attack, and then dodging out because it's the only way to actually do anything in combat.

Seriously, this is a 3/10 at best. I'm not surprised no one on /v/ is talking about it.
>>
Friendly reminder that ng+ is fucking terrible. Very very few new enemy placements and the newly placed ones don't even respawn. No new weapons or armor, just new tiers to upgrade but with enemy hp and damage scaling it's just letting you get back to where you were. And most importantly bugs that can permanently lock you out of armor pieces forcing you to make a new one to get a set bonus and you can't even delete the bugged one.
>>
>>377374841
I could barely stomach a playthrough, let alone 2.
>>
>>377374384
The combat is tedious and stupid, and you can't do anything well. Upgrades are shit, the system is pretty bad overall.
Pirated and glad I saved my money. Time to get this piece of shit off of my drive.
>>
>>377375489
The only viable strategy against every single boss is

>Dodge in
>Use Dodge Attack
>Immediately dodge out

So much for depth.
>>
>>377375145
I didn't hate it. Took me about 24-25 hours to beat it doing as many side quests as I found and it only got a little bullshit during bosses. I thought hey, if ng+ changes it up enough I might go through again just to get the pax v2 and blades of the gestalt. But go figure, it's garbage and full of bugs. I've actualy had my game crash on ng+ and now I'm locked out of my precious gorgon set bonus till I make a new arm. And I absolutely cannot forgive the fact that the extremely sparse (fucking two whole guys on the first stage) new enemies don't even respawn so once you go through a area it's exactly the same as playthrough 1 with more spongey foes. Could have got a 5-6, gets a 3.
>>
>>377375845
Jesus Christ. I'm at like level 3 and 5 hours in.
>>
>>377378331
Backtracking to talk to npcs, opening all doors/overload points, getting core level 96 and building all armor sets took me most of that time. Plus there's probibly some idle time in there. I'm sure it can be beaten quicker if you rush it.
>>
>>377378787
Whats the deal with all the doors that you just can't open:? Do you get some access later?
>>
>>377374384
>I'm not surprised no one on /v/ is talking about it.
There were nonstop threads on release, reaching bump limits

People have completed the game and are done discussing it, as there really isn't much to discuss anyway with literally 5 bosses and with 90% of enemies being just humanoids with different weapons

I personally liked it, but this is a shitposting thread so I won't interrupt
>>
>>377379421
The ones with the scanner? Yeah you need a special rig you get after the fourth boss to open those.
>>
>>377374384
>Why is it so hard for devs to copy the souls-formula?

Because these stupid faggots never played any Souls game and thought to themselves "hey, that series is pretty successful, so if we make it so enemies hit hard, add stamina and add a recovery system, it'll be just like Dark Souls and we won't have to think of anything ourselves. Also we'll make the mc a cripple in the intro."
>>
>>377379837
I wanted to crash the wheelchair so bad.
>>
I don't hate it. I want to like it but I can't. Got to the third area - apparently there's only five areas so I guess I'm almost half done - and I just uninstalled. Couldn't bring myself to continue. It's a shame because I like robots.
>>
>>377379837
No, I think they have played them but were bad at them.
>>
>>377379892
I hate dropping games but I'm in a similar spot. It's just not good, and unfortunately it's insanely frustrating.
>>
>>377380093
>>377379892
Here, have a story summery so you aren't missing anything by quitting. nanomachines. They caused the surge, they are what you see in the pause screen, and they are the final boss. It was nanomachines all the way down. because what's boring gameplay without a boring story to go along with it.
>>
>>377379445
>on release
>literally 2 days ago.
>>
>>377380386
Man, thats retarded. I wanted something cool like Warren was dead the whole time and he was being controlled by some sentient AI.
>>
>>377380442
Well yes, and if I remember correctly there were like 3 threads back to back reaching bump limit

Then people just completed the game and that's it

The game is okay, it doesn't do anything outstanding, tries some new stuff which is fine I guess, but nothing groundbreaking
>>
>>377380513
Yeah. it could have had a neat twist like you are the only one who went mad, you just think everyone else went mad and are killing your coworkers. Or what you said. Or fucking almost anything else. But no, we got that.
>>
>>377380513
I was hoping for sentient AI too, but it's sentient nanomachines, which are presented more like aliens than anything
>>
File: 1492926297813.jpg (58KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1492926297813.jpg
58KB, 400x381px
>>377381274

I was genuinely expecting something awesome like there was a power surge which turned everyone hooked up into zombies, but since warren came to the party late he was sane.

This is fucking retarded ass shit.
>>
>>377380620
All the surge threads I see were shill threads with positive stockcanned replies, it's really obvious if you've been here for long enough. Criticism in the thread gets ignored or brushed off and the same 'positive' qualities are recited.
>>
>>377381579
I don't know why you'd shill on 4chan. It's the shittiest place.

They must be paying Hiroyuki.
>>
>>377374384
it's a good game tho :)
>>
>>377374384
The game is NOT about "Souls formula".

It's just a challenging hack 'n slash game.
>>
>>377382274
Please explain.

It's copied the formula to a fucking T.
>>
>>377382371
It's fucking hilarious because they don't even make an attempt to justify it.

>return to your corpse

They could've literally just said your drone carries you back to the med bay, but they don't even bother trying.
>>
>about an hour in
>game is incredibly mediocre
>i don't like the aesthetics
Should I just refund it now?
>>
>>377384991
yes, it doesn't get better
>>
>>377384991
It never gets any better imo. There's no moment where it all "clicks together" it's the same limb chopping sprint attack into combo then slow motion execute combat the whole game. If you aren't feeling it now it's only going to get worse as the dimly lit samey environments filled with the same three dudes and sometimes a robot grind on you.
>>
>>377379421
Some "doors" are just breakables that serve no purpose
>>
Played 1-2 hours, seems like a hollow budget version of souls with no multiplayer and deep hidden lore. Combat is still good though
>>
>>377382274
second time I've seen someone say this, so I'm gonna assume it's bait
>>
>>377385456
Wow.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.