[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dual Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: ships_forest[1].jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ships_forest[1].jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
What is Dual Universe?

Dual Universe is a Continuous Single-Shard sandbox MMORPG taking place in a vast Sci-Fi universe, focusing on emergent gameplay with player-driven in-game economy, politics, trade and warfare. Players can freely modify the voxel-based universe by creating structures, spaceships or giant orbital stations, giving birth to empires and civilizations.

THIS IS OUR EMPIRE:
https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/galactic-commonwealth
>>
>>377371329
where is the actual game?
>>
Yeah ok but does it have waifus
>>
>>377371329
I don't think your shill post has enough buzzwords, come back when there's more
>>
>>377371329
>shamelessly shills his shit game
>>
>>377371390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWZsuLmloo
>>
>>377371329
I remember seeing this a while back. When's it coming out?
>>
>>377371495
why would I pay for something that doesn't exist?
>>
Sounds great but you know, does it actually work.
>>
>>377371537
alpha opens this september

>>377371551
yes
>>
so does anyone want to join our empire?
>>
Shill-kun, you're supposed to wait until the games actually out, otherwise people forget.
>>
>>377372120
the only thing im shilling for is my empire you goddamn retard, read the op.
>>
>Legitimate shilling thread
>Kickstarter game
>Looks like a bigger scam than StarCitizen

wew
>>
>>377372363
its not a scam. the tech is already there.
>>
>>377372553
What makes your game (since you're obviously working for them) different from the other 472 space sandbox MMOs that have made the exact same claims and failed to ever produce anything even remotely resembling their initial promises?
>>
>>377372732
its not my game. i only fucking came here to get members for my organization. i hoped going to their site would speak for itself.

but here are some facts:

-endless universe
-no loading screens
-endless size for constructions
-you can make an empire and control area in the game
-the players all play in a single shard universe
>>
>>377372910
So, basically, the same promises made over and over again.

Give it up. At least one of two things will happen, and probably both:

1. The devs realize that it would take a AAA budget to make their dream come to fruition, and they start rapidly scaling back their feature list until it becomes just like every early access space sandbox.
2. They run out of money and close shop.
>>
>>377372910
that all sounds like a crock of shit to me. i'll wait until someone besides the developer confirms that it's all in the game
>>
>>377372910

>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword

k :^)
>>
>>377373204
the game is already working and they plan to open the alpha this september. i dont think it will end up like that. plus its not "like any other space game"

this one is a space mmo sandbox game.

>>377373318
sure thing, just wait till this september.
there are like 15 gameplay videos of the game. here is one in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9QmYW7ekLM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-AmWkWMvo
>>
So you're shilling a Star Citizen clone. Neat.
>>
>>377373708
LOL star citizen clone? star citizen doesnt have building elements. whats with you idiots assuming of everyone being automaticall a shill? jesus christ.
>>
>>377373492
oooooo, gameplay videos

remember gameplay videos of spore? no man's sky?

sorry, but i'm going to remain skeptical
>>
>>377371329
so it's a space engineers ripoff

and probably not as good
>>
>>377374072
damn you guys are tough takers arent you?
>>
>>377373772
Because /v/ has been burned by so many early access titles that make lofty promises like this one that they (rightfully) take the stance of healthy skepticism, where the game is considered a scam until proven otherwise.

And a bunch of developer sponsored youtube videos are not a neutral third party. Videos like that are at worst fake, and at best are shown off in a carefully scripted environment to give the illusion of functioning systems.

What if comes down to is that it's extremely easy to spot a shill, because no one on /v/ would get excited about a promise that THIS game is totally going to be the one that pulls it off even though hundreds of attempts by studios with bigger budgets and more experience failed.

So, similar to my previous response, you are one of two things:

1. Someone paid by the dev to promote the game.
2. Someone who is so out of touch with /v/'s culture that you had no idea that this generic space game would not be received well without a functioning playable version that has been independently verified to be good.

Either way, get the fuck out.
>>
>>377374246
a Good Post
>>
>>377373772
Dude you're shilling a game that's not even in alpha and your "facts" can't be confirmed. Let's say that your game does have the tech to make all those promised come true: What can you do to make it fun? We've been burned far too many times by this concept.

Until the game is released (not in alpha, beta, perpetual beta or any other bullshit moniker, full release) we can safely say you're full of shit.
>>
>build shit and lua script it to do things then sell it
>'combat' doesn't even exist now, but is planned to be 'lock and fire' automatic shit with the outcome based on stats

This is just Second Life with a scifi theme
>>
>>377371414
This guy knows. No waifus = no deal
>>
>expecting me to design and manually build a spaceship with voxels
>presumably after punching trees and rocks for hours
no fucking thanks
>>
>>377374246
Based, and also this. The majority of /v/ topics are filled with mundane reasoning as to what makes a game special and worth your time to invest.

Right now, it's just over glorified promises. I remember when ArcheAge Online was considered the next big mmorpg due to building elements and pirating, but the reality has a great way of crushing all of this wishy washy thinking.

Here's an important concept, why build a base? As a sims clone, to produce resources of a potential area? If its in unsafe territory, how much effort will it take to protect it? Will it just dissapear once I go to sleep,etc etc.

Your game is pretty much shit tier until Devs devulge gameplay mechanics, which no developer does because guess what, they are lazy sacks of shit that would rather do something else than the hard coding and balancing for it.
>>
File: ijnh3Is.gif (1013KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ijnh3Is.gif
1013KB, 320x240px
>>377371329
>emergent gameplay
>player-driven
>>
>>377374852
how about you read everything, they explain all the mechanics of the game, especially the territory control very in dept. just go to the site and read the devblog and watch the videos.
>>
>>377373989
Spore's gameplay videos were real, but they changed it. Not that it would've been a good game with what they showed off in 2006.
>>
File: Mahvel.png (328KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mahvel.png
328KB, 303x500px
>>377375007
You're thread is shit so we're gonna teach you how to shill on /v/ instead.

First off don't tell people to read, you post that shit here.
Secondly if someone calls you out, you gotta call them a nigger. If they take offense to that, call them a double nigger you double nigger.
Lastly you gotta wait until the game is playable by the public.
>>
here is a FAQ of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efu_129hI9o
>>
>>377374917
Don't you want to do the dev's work for them?
>>
>>377372910
>not using greentext
>listing back of the box nonsense like "the players all play in a single shard universe"
>I hoped going to their site would speak for itself
Yes anon you definitely have no relation to the developers.
>>
File: Capture.png (223KB, 685x359px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
223KB, 685x359px
yeah, sure, the only reason no one's managed to do this sort of thing before is because we haven't let these chucklefucks take a crack at it

it isn't because half this shit is literally impossible and the other half is impossibly difficult
>>
>>377375353
well i want to have people looking at the website to make them like the game.

>>377375901
they consist of 25 fucking programmers. do you really fucking expect one of them would come here and shill for their paris game?
>>
>>377376032
Yes or you know one of their friends.
>>
File: Capture.png (238KB, 700x620px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
238KB, 700x620px
hey you guys want to make a space station the size of a moon and get a few thousand players in there? it'll all be one instance

that sure sounds plausible doesn't it
>>
does it have gravity, zero gravity and orbit?
>>
>>377376164
The really implausible part is doing that without someone fucking it up and ruining all the work that goes into a space station the size of a fucking moon.
>>
>>377376292
there are settings that allow you to administrate who can edit something and who not.
>>
File: 1495095735876.jpg (18KB, 448x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495095735876.jpg
18KB, 448x435px
>>377376032
>well i want to have people looking at the website to make them like the game

Bless your heart you really don't know where you are.

I'll give you points for posting screen caps but reading off a website won't make people like a game. As far as we know these are unproven devs undertaking their first massive project. You won't gain any traction here until you have a playable build.
>>
>>377376728
Hopefully he learns from this and realizes that to shill your game here you need a fembot with a huge ass.
>>
>MMORPG
into the trash it goes
>>
>>377371329
>Dual Universe is a buzzword buzzword buzzword MMORPG taking place in a buzzword universe, focusing on buzzword gameplay with buzzword buzzwod, politics, trade and warfare.

Fuck off marketer.
>>
>>377378426
lmao, its true
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.