[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Metroid when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: angry samus.jpg (254KB, 1064x638px) Image search: [Google]
angry samus.jpg
254KB, 1064x638px
New Metroid when?
>>
>>377367724
Never
Ever
>>
>>377367724
Never. Other M and Federation Force proved that no one likes Metroid anymore and now it's sitting on a shelf with F-Zero.
>>
Whenever Retro Studios decides to make one. I don't trust Nintendo with Metroid any more and I don't particular trust third-party developers with the series either.
>>
What, you didn't like this one? I thought thats EXACTLY what the fans wanted!
Nintendo fucked it in the ass, just like they do with their actually good IP's. Just like they did with Pikmin.
>>
>>377368434
This is so objectively wrong
They proved that people like METROID not some corridor/pussy-simulator or some fucking spin-off for the 4th time in a row
The audience is still there, but they want to actually play a goddamn metroid game not some harvest moon-tier bastardization of the franchise name
>>
>>377367724
In 3 months, your closest living relative will be diagnosed with inoperable cancer. It will be devastating and possibly the most tragic thing to happen to you in years. You'll spiral into a strange depression that you'll tell everyone (even yourself) that isn't what it is (it still will be depression though). You'll lose all interest in your job, in any and all social interaction (even as much as grocery shopping has ever been), the entire world will seem like a great shade has been drawn over everything. Bitter and lonely you'll begin to make serious plans of how you'll end yourself in a way that will not trouble anyone left that might in some way care about you (though you begin to doubt they even exist), and you'll get that pain in your soul that you feel like death is the "right thing to do".

The big day will come, and you'll go through with it, or you won't have the ... uh, strength, for lack of a better word. The very NEXT day, it'll leak that they've secretly been working on a 3rd person Metroid (with over the shoulder aiming [think Dead Space 2 but less tankish, more actionly]) game and that it's so completely amazing that it will make Super Metroid, look like Other M in comparison. Tears will be shed over just how amazing the story somehow is (though Sony-Ponies will hate on it all the same). There will be bits of when Samus was a child (in the Chozo Temple), which will be the best (skippable) tutorial yet realized, book-ended with a poignant scene where they all whither and the light leaves their eyes (and Samus, at 12, is again alone.)
>>
Prime HD Collection when
>>
>>377369615
Isn't Prime "non-canon" now or some bullshit?
>>
>>377369663
According to Other M, every single other game in the series is non-canon.
>>
>>377369663
Prime was always canon. You could argue that Other M retcons its existence, but Other M retcons literally every other game in the series as well.
>>
File: Amiibo.png (196KB, 604x333px) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo.png
196KB, 604x333px
>>377369907
>>377369929
You know what would be great?

If Nintendo wasn't full of fucking morons anymore, and got back to the way they used to be. I'd like that.
>>
File: download.png (245KB, 2000x1043px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
245KB, 2000x1043px
Bethesda make a new Metroid
Good idea?
>>
File: nothing is canon.png (37KB, 1310x330px) Image search: [Google]
nothing is canon.png
37KB, 1310x330px
>>377369907
>>377369929
>>
>>377367724
Hey it's ok, metroid had it's day.

I still consider metroid prime to be the best game ever made, and the rest of the series along with it. As a type of game, I believe that metroidvania is the strongest kind.

That being said, games in the same style are still being made. If you haven't played hollow knight, for instance, you are missing out on the same feeling you get when playing metroid.
>>
I honestly hope never. Modern Nintendo can not be trusted with the franchise anymore. They've made it very apparent that they have no idea how to handle it properly.
>>
>>377369207

You think that.

Nintendo's dusty old fart traditional Japanese suits think >>377368434.
>>
Unless Nintendo lied on the internet, a New Metroid is a ways off yet.
>>
>>377367724
Maybe a 2.5D sequel to Fusion at E3.
>>
>>377371008
>sequel to Fusion

I'd rather have a sequel to Federation Force.
>>
>>377371134
Prime is on hiatus you won't be getting another one anytime soon.
>>
>>377371134
go away, cody
>>
>>377367724
I thought this was some neon green pantsu in the thumbnail.
>>
Nintendo: Here is another Metroid game, "Other M" We think you will like it.
Fans: We don't (exuent)
Nintendo:Guess they don't like Metroid anymore!
>>
File: hmmm..png (61KB, 1382x420px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm..png
61KB, 1382x420px
>>
>>377371797
The butthurt will be massive when it turns out to not be Metroid.

Regardless of what it actually is, there will be mad.
>>
>>377370359

After the garbage FO4 was. I'll pass.
>>
>>377371797
I thought it was already confirmed that this was an original title rather than an existing Nintendo IP?
>>
>>377370359
Fuck no. That is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. 3D FO and MP aren't even really alike aside from both being in the first person.
>>
>>377371797
The Prime fanbase will make the Metroid fanbase look bad again, I can already see it happening.
>>
>>377370689
>etr
This is the saddest truth in the industry. Fuck Nintendo, but making these threads does nothing but remind people it's dead. Just let me forget already.
>>
File: Space Shows.png (520KB, 855x523px) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
520KB, 855x523px
>>377367724
no
>>
>>377371285
Fedora Force was Prime in name only. A real proper first person Metroid on a console would be far more well received.
>>
File: listers-costumes-10l.jpg (91KB, 898x636px) Image search: [Google]
listers-costumes-10l.jpg
91KB, 898x636px
>>377376236
Where the fuck is Red Dwarf?
>>
>>377367724
Unless Ninty goes 3rd party, I don't care when. Fuck nintendo hardware.
>>
>>377369021
Pikmin is gonna be just fine.

This spin-off is a sign of health, not a replacement for the main series. Pikmin 4 is rumored in development.
>>
>>377376236
Never understood the hate for Stargate Universe. Or the love of Atlantis.
>>
When they can make it profitable.
>>
>>377376316
But would it sell?
>>
File: enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg (55KB, 561x370px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg
55KB, 561x370px
>>377367724
Ignoring
>>377369528
Won't stop it from happening.
>>
>>377377573
Pikmin doesn't sell but that's ok cause Miyamoto!

Advertise a "good" proper Metroid game on a system people who play proper games on own/want, and it'd sell.
>>
>>377379505
I was talking about Prime not Metroid, 2D Metroid sells are fine due to those being AA, the Prime series is not due those being AAA.
>>
>>377379995
So make a first/third person Metroid with a proper budget? You're more or less saying Nintendo shouldn't have to make quality products because
>it's weally weally hard!
Plenty of companies make great games on limited budgets, like the Witcher series. Those even use proper up to date standard gaming engines. Nintendo can't do it with last gen tech? Really?
>>
>>377370359
Fuck off Todd
>>
>>377380272
>So make a first/third person Metroid with a proper budget?
That's Other M and it bombed, just make a 2.5D Metroid game.
>You're more or less saying Nintendo shouldn't have to make quality products because it's weally weally hard!
You can look at the Prime series sales history to see that 3D Metroid has been failing in sales since Prime 2. Prime 2 and Hunters barely broke a million, Prime 3 couldn't outsell Super Metroid, Prime Trilogy bombed, and Fed Force bombed, it's time to give Prime a break and work on a new direction for 3D Metroid. In the mean time Nintendo could make a classic 2.5D Metroid game.
>>
>>377380752
Other M was garbage from story to gameplay and deserved to bomb. Misusing a budget isn't something to blame the franchise on. I want a new 2d one too but your reasonings against a new 3d one are bad. Granted they're the things Nintendo thinks, but still bad.

Third person Metroid could be cool. I wouldn't want it to be too different from the Prime games. You need the sense of exploration and finding new powerups and missiles all the time. Some Dead Space or ALIEN type moments could be great though.
>>
>>377381104
3D ones been doing poorly since Prime 2, the 2D games have always sold well for AA niche games. Zero Mission at least has reasons for bombing and didn't hurt 2D Metroid development in the slightest.
>>
>>377381365
I could argue Prime 3 didn't do great because most who bought a Wii only wanted Wii Sports.

Other M bombed because it was hot garbage.

As a said: A proper great 3D Metroid on a system people who play actual games want, with the proper advertising, would sell.
>>
>>377377453
Rumored? It's been confirmed years ago my dude
>>
>>377381632
>A proper great 3D Metroid
It needs to be a new idea, a Metroid game that combines Super Mario 64 with the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, similar to how Metroid was made by fusing Super Mario Bros. with The Legend of Zelda. It also needs to return to Metroid's trademark exploration gameplay. Prime is played out, and Other M was shit, 3D Metroid needs to start over fresh.
>>
>>377381849
Oh. Well, even better.
>>
>>377381849
So why does Pikmin, a game that doesn't sell well, keep getting sequels? When Metroid gets garbage because it doesn't sell well.
>>
File: B78W6hxIQAA-HUk.jpg (29KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
B78W6hxIQAA-HUk.jpg
29KB, 600x324px
Move on, metroidfags
Quit letting yourselves down knowing a good Metroid game will come
>>
>>377382415
Miyamoto's brain-child, solid sales records, critical acclaim, and most importantly, Nintendo knows what to do with it.

They're just lost when it comes to Metroid. They don't even know what a bounty hunter is supposed to do.
>>
File: Kaku.jpg (11KB, 396x188px) Image search: [Google]
Kaku.jpg
11KB, 396x188px
when you underage faggots invent time travel and buy super metroid carts for your super nintendo in 1994
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.