[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>pc owner
>played DS1. it was a shitty port.
Are Dark Souls 2 and 3 worth picking up?
>>
>>377365470
No idea about 2, but I have DS3 on PC and it works just fine. The only thing you need is a controller. You might have some minor problems getting the game running when you first start, but once you fix them you should be good.
>>
>>377365470

2 yeah very fluid, 3 has parts but its fine.

for that reason i defend the 2.
>>
2 is complete shit skip it, havent played 3.
>>
>>377365470
>he complains about shitty ports while not playing games how they were meant to be played
buy a fucking controller, it won't kill you
>>
Do 2 or 3 improve on the original in any way?
>>
2 and 3 run like butter. Need a stronger rig for 3. Remember to bring a controller. Every Souls game is worth playing
>>
>>377365779

>implying than the only bad of dark souls 1 is control and not the other things.
>>
>>377365797
2 denies cheap kills, but adds cheap deaths
3 is basically more of the same how i understand it
>>
>>377365470
They're both decent ports. DS2 isn't very demanding at all. You can easily downsample from 4K on a GTX 970/RX 480 level card if you want to and still get a locked 60fps.
>>
>>377365940
You're asking for additional stuff after the port, the game plays exactly like it did on consoles.
The lone single mod that has been around since literally day 1 fixes everything else.
You literally have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>377365940
Dark Souls 1 isn't perfect but 2 and 3 have much worse problems. In particular 2 is worse though.
>>
>>377365470
>le player has low health and enemies deal high damage ebin hard game

Dumb, its literally Grind: The Game. You repeat shit and get your souls and sometimes lose your souls and literally do the same thing over and over and over until you eventually manage to get enough shit to slightly upgrade and maybe move on. I thought the masochist thing was a meme but the only times these games are genuinely fun is when you finally defeat a boss, and the hours of grind inbetween are just dreadful.
>>
>>377366121

i am not talking about additional things jack, i am talking about gameplay and structure, the game is a big slow motion scene.
>>
>>377366263
Yes, that's perfectly accurate to the console version.
>>
>>377366146

>*cof *cof lost izalith *cof *cof

dude.
>>
>>377366394
you're not really contradicting anything.
>>
3 is as bad as 1 for PC. 2 runs great.
>>
>>377365470
>he didnt download dsfix
>he didnt play with a controller
why havent you ended it yet
>>
>>377366510
i have a controller. from software should do their fucking job.
>>
>>377366724
this is a five year old thread.
>>
>>377366457

>contradicting

indeed, what am i con?
>>
>>377366508
>3 is as bad as 1 for PC

Horse shit. Upgrade your toaster, Pedro.
>>
>>377366798
and they still haven't done their job.
>>
>>377366897
he said DS1 was nearly perfect.
you posted a reason why it is nearly perfect.
>>377366987
and they never will. get over it.
>>
>>377365470
2 and 3 don't support 16:10 resolutions. DaS3 can be fixed with outside stuff but DaS2 is just fucked. Either way they are both good ports.
If you thought Dark Souls 1 was a good game and want more of it I recommend playing them. 2 and 3 are very different games from 1, but 2 is closer to 1 than 3.

If you want more slow and methodical and don't mind funky world design that doesn't really make any sense but has a ton of things to explore and find 2 is the best.

Dark Souls 3 took all the stuff they learned making Bloodborne and merged it with Dark Souls. Enemies are faster and more aggressive and your attacks are more snappy and gratifying. It feels really good to hit things.

Really though I recommend playing them in release order so you can feel the changes yourself. It's just that Dark Souls 2 is a bit shit.
>>
>>377368404
>but 2 is closer to 1 than 3.
typo?
>>
>>377365696
Sheep detected
>>
>>377365696
2 is great compared to 3.
>>
>>377365470
gotta get DSfix, nigger
>>
>>377366172
Get good
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.