[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your completely honest opinion on Kratos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3789.jpg (29KB, 484x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3789.jpg
29KB, 484x263px
What is your completely honest opinion on Kratos?
>>
His story really didn't need to continue after the first one. It wasn't that deep, but it was enough.
>>
>>377357673
Just plain fun to control and destroy shit with.

People that menstruate that he's one dimensional are retarded.

To me Kratos is what a good video game character is: just a vessel by which to destroy shit with. Like Doomguy, Duke, whatever, he's badass. I just wanna smash shit in video games, I don't relate to fucking pixelated retards because I'm not a manchild. One of my favourite characters in vidya, lota fun.

Oh and they've destroyed the new God of War.
>>
They really overdid it after the first one. The only game fresh on my mind is 3, but when you use that innocent lady to hold open the gears of a gate, and then later when you just smash the face of some peasants while climbing on shit while the world falls apart.

Shit was unnecessarily edgy.
>>
No real opinion on the character, but the prequels in the series were really unnecessary.

The writers set it up perfectly in the first game.

>Kratos murders his wife and daughter

THE END.

Then when they started milking the franchise for some reason they kept giving us backstory nobody asked for. Here's how Kratos spent the last decade under the rule of the gods. This is Kratos as a god in between God of War and God of War II, and here's Kratos just after he killed his wife, etc. All these prequels/interquels really ruined the series for me. Still looking forward to "My Wife's Son" in 2018, but still.
>>
File: god-of-war-4.jpg (139KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
god-of-war-4.jpg
139KB, 700x393px
I think Kratos is a great father.
>>
>>377358235
this will never stop pissing me off. couldnt they have just made a new fucking IP instead?
>>
>>377357673
He is best daddy of warrior
>>
>>377357926
Nah. I think that's perfectly in the line of what David Jaffe detailed this character as. Violent, anti-social, and purely raged full. I'd maybe show more of the character's brilliance considering how intelligent Kratos is, but is heavily down played.
>>
File: 1356051875629.jpg (126KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
1356051875629.jpg
126KB, 340x480px
>>377357780
>>
>Tfw really want to replay the games
>PS3 got the yellow light of doom back in 2014
>I could play the games on my Vita and PS4, but I'd be missing out on Ascension
And don't tell me "Use PS Now" I have used it, I get constant lag on it.
>>
>>377357673
Honestly he's more realistic than someone like Nathan Drake. Kratos is a fucking angry mass murdering psychopath and the game knows it. Whereas Nathan Drake kills just as many people if not more and the game pretends that he's a happy-go-lucky hero 99.99% of the time.
>>
File: 34523563425.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
34523563425.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
>>377358365
Yeah they coulda, but it's easier to sell trendy derivative garbage when it's under the guise of a beloved IP. pic related
>>
2 is still in top 5 action game for me
>>
File: lolly.gif (741KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
lolly.gif
741KB, 500x272px
>>377359146
So the new God of war will be good
>>
File: 919.png (335KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
919.png
335KB, 600x533px
>>377358365
Wouldn't bother me so much considering how they completely butchered their own lore post God of War III. It could've been a new character in the Norse mythology separate from Greece, but instead both mythologies exists in the same ether. So you have one half of the earth ruled by the Greek gods and the other Norse.

Kind of retarded if you ask me. Even more so if you've been paying attention to the locales Kratos visited in God of War II. We didn't see Norse anything nor was it implied to occupy the same space. At first when they said it was the same Kratos many people scratched their heads, said what the fuck, and thought he was hopping mythologies to kill other gods for some reason.

The series definitely should've ended with the third game. Kratos had already served his purpose. But Sony saw the success of "The Last of Us'' and feels the need to inject that in every project now.

>The God of War has a son now
>Days Gone has zombies
>Spider-Man has a daughter in the new game
>>
>>377357673
He was fine that first time.
>>
>>377358680
I just thought he would be more indifferent to uninvolved parties and focus his rage on the ones who wronged him or got in his way.
>>
File: 364635463576.gif (164KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
364635463576.gif
164KB, 500x375px
>>377359328
To people who have never played any other GoW and think TLoU is a masterpiece, yeah.
>>
File: franchise killer.jpg (40KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
franchise killer.jpg
40KB, 300x426px
>>377359146
Pretty much this. Why make new properties when you can take existing ones with name recognition and most likely ruin it with experimental garbage?
>>
>>377357673
He is sexy.
>>
garbage character in a mediocre series
>>
>>377357848
I see where you're coming from and I completely agree with you. But I just can't deny Kratos is just a poorly written character.
>>
>>377357673
Bitch baby who blames other people for his own stupidity. Can only speak in screams. He's hilarious, but not likable. Fun to play, though.
>>
File: sad.gif (456KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
456KB, 500x281px
>>377360006
i think it is gonna be shit but Resident evil 7 was decent
but i never liked the old Resi games so i could understand a fan of the older ones not liking it.
>>
>>377358680
Him taking out his rage on completely innocent individuals cheapens the whole vengeance aspect of the character and just makes him a superpowered version of that loud drunken asshole who always starts bar fights.
>>
>>377360592
No you're right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycr3dYiyQ5A

Completely unnecessary, yet the backlash is kinda funny.
>>
>>377360592
>>377360853
Do people forget the Ship Captain from the first game? Basically the exact same situation but nobody gives a fuck when he killed that guy. imo I thought it was a great gag to bring back later on in the game. Killing innocents has always been a part of his character, hes a genocidal maniac, and the game doesnt pretend otherwise. I would think it'd be even less fitting if he spared the girl.
>>
kratos is cute

CUTE!
>>
>>377359559
I read an interview with David Jaffe that he wanted Kratos to start fighting Norse mythology after he had destroyed all the Greek Gods, but it wasn't done like this. Basically he said something like after beating Zeus, some kind of cosmic portal or some shit opens and Kratos is suddenly in contact with Norse gods. He then starts destroying them. After that Jaffe wanted to do Egyptian mythology and keep going that way.

Personally I would have been fine with that. It's over the top and ridiculous, but that's what God of War is supposed to be. I wish they just did this instead of turning it into Last of Us wannabe bullshit. Keep the old combat mechanics, just tweak it up and make it better, whatever. Why shit on the old fans? I loved GOWIII personally, it was my favourite one, just because it was the most combat focused in the main trilogy. GOWII had the best variety of environments/puzzles and was an incredible game, but I just really liked how GOWIII was far more combat focused than the others were. Also every weapon in GOWIII was good.
>>
>>377361993
But anon... Female.
>>
>>377359559
This is quite honestly the Lore that GOW3 left behind though. This isn't retconning anything or butchering any lore.

We will see the beginning of the next god of war and see if the change is believable or not but saying what you are saying is fucking retarded on so many levels because this is exactly what id imagine god of war become.
>>
>>377361993
Kratos treats random people the same way the Greek gods did essentially.
>>
>>377357673
loveable asshole.
>>
>>377357673
well he has muscles and is bald

so yeah
>>
Should have ended at 3 just because there really was no reason to go on. Ascension was kind of meh and really missed the mark of his origin story. Not shit, but missed opportunity. I am super excited about the new GoW though, want to see how they handle Norse mythology.

Alsothis franchise made me fall in love with Greek mythology and even helped me ace a course that focused on it
>>
>>377362140
The original draft for GoW3 had the game start with Kratos killing off the Olympians, then he'd travel to a Norse universe and team up with the "Kratos" there to kill that pantheon, then again to an Egyptian universe. At the end the three Kratoses would go to honor the birth of a new god now that the old ones had all died off aka they'd be the three wisemen at Jesus' nativity.

I'm not joking btw.
>>
>>377357673

SQUARE

SQUARE

SQUARE

fuck this, seriously fuck this
>>
>>377357673
Angry manchild whose character was assassinated after the first game.
>>
>>377358235
>>377358365

I'm still holding on to the hope that it's going to be a huge bait-and-switch.

The kid is going to die after the first 20-minute intro sequence that is specifically designed to ape on the babysitting/walking simulators like The Last of Us, Kratos is going to go apeshit with rage, shave his beard, the camera is going to pull out, the oldschool UI is going to pop up, and it is going to be business as usual GoW from then on.
>>
>>377364862
>mashing square
>not effortlessly decimating whole rooms of enemies with just a couple well-timed spells
Plebs who complain about GoW don't even know how to play it. The game is an angry wizard simulator, not Dynasty Warriors.
>>
Felt bad for him in GoW1 but evrrything after that is just edgy revenge.
I liked all the games and love going around feeling like a god killer but his charavter is just too edgy from 2 onwards.
Shit like using some random girl as a means of opening a door (which ends up splitting her in half) or going around killing random people who are just afraid of the world ending around them is plain stupid.
Also, the way he massacres other greek heroes just to steal their stuff is very edgy.
That being said the games really are power fantasies done right, you do feel great while killing gods.
>>
File: 1495128298293.jpg (61KB, 636x571px) Image search: [Google]
1495128298293.jpg
61KB, 636x571px
>>377357673
A murderpus psychotic lunatic who should have stayed that way even through gow 3. But nope. Bad writing for the end.

Also WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE ACHILLES BOSS FIGHT?!

Literally dreamed of Achilles being a god tier hard boss fight cause he was so good at fighting only for Kraros to gradually wear him down, tear open his heel then go to town. But the boss fight would make you earn it.
>>
>>377357673
It's the protagonist of a hack n slash for babies who think gore is the best in the world just like a lot of casuals think Mortal Kombat it's a good fighting game.
In resume: for normies.
>>
>>377357673
There isn't a big need for the new one but it does look interesting. I wish they left the series alone and let the story end there, it was a decent send off.
>>
>>377357673

filthy med Persian mixed greek nigger scum :)
>>
>>377365004
I would literally jizzsplode if that happened but let's be real here m8
>>
Simple character made to fill in the purpose of making a fun button mashing hack and smasher.

His character was never intended to be particularly deep, nor does he need to be. Sometimes you just need something sweet and simple to make things fun.

God of War 1 and 2 were great games. 3 was ok. Hope the new one is good. Looks like it'll either be try hard ass, or ok at best.
>>
The games are great, but he is quite simply an angry idiot.
>>
>>377357673
Thumbnail made it look like he refused the sacrifice.
>>
File: gowcoo.jpg (110KB, 1104x720px) Image search: [Google]
gowcoo.jpg
110KB, 1104x720px
>>377358235
Yeah.

*mashes circle*
>>
>>377366986
I would mash her circle
>>
>>377366696
The PSP games actually do give him a solid backstory, and give more empathy for the player to work with, rather than leave him as a generic "I'm so angry I kill everyone" type of character.
>>
File: Kratosdog.jpg (124KB, 576x560px) Image search: [Google]
Kratosdog.jpg
124KB, 576x560px
Kratos is an asshole, hopefully the new game actually makes him likable
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.