[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FALLOUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Fallout 1.jpg (54KB, 499x388px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 1.jpg
54KB, 499x388px
So I'm going to start playing Fallout 1 for the first time. Never played it or any other isometric RPGs before (closest I can think of is Sanitarium when I was a kid).

Read through the manual so hopefully I'm not just going to die immediately because I can't figure out the controls. Any advice, hints, tips for me?
>>
I never played the first but I did play Fallout 2. You might get a bit confused, frustrated or otherwise put off for an hour or 2, but when it gets going and you get the hang of things its very enjoyable.
>>
>>377355927
if you want to finish the game:
for the first run you should go high int+ high charisma and try to talk over the game. threat it a bit like it is a adventure game with rpg elemnts. avoid fighting unless you get power armor and some decent weapon.

but desu just play as you want. game is designed the way that you can always:
a) complete a quest by persuasion
a) complete a quest by fighting
a) complete a quest by stealth
experiment. be wild. fuck bitches
>>
10 Luck + Jinxed trait.
It's the most fun you'll have with Fallout.
>>
SPECIAL is important for builds, Agility is a good stat to focus on because it gives you more AP, Charisma dictates how many companions you can have with you (useful for carrying your stuff), buffing Intelligence will leave you relatively weak at the start but allows you to get more skill points, and Lockpicking is random so you can savescum most of those encounters.
>>
>>377356198
I'm more worried about the time limit. I've heard that one of the patches extended it or something but I still hate just the knowledge that there's a time limit there at all.

Is there any kind of post-story conclusion fucking around or does the game end with the storyline?
>>
Unlike the modern fallout games, Perception is absolutely essential as it's the main factor in deciding your accuracy with guns at longer ranges. If you want a standard build, high PER and AGI makes for an easier game. Selecting the body parts to shoot at is extremely effective, and worth the extra AP cost. Other than that if you're patient and don't get restless from not figuring things out immediately, you'll find an extremely good game that still holds up today.
>>
>>377356348
The game ends there.
There's actually two time limits, but the second one is so big that it's not worrysome at all.
>>
>>377356348

The time limit is pretty lenient even without mods. Without spoiling too much, you have one main quest at the start that you need to do, and upon completion of that you've got another big mission until the end of the game, and unless you try to run out the clock you won't be too constrained. No post-story fuckaround mode though.
>>
>>377356348
Game ends with storyline, and the time limit is pretty big and eventually goes away after a point in the game, so you can do all the side quests after that
>>
>>377356198
>you should go high int+ high charisma and try to talk over the game
You faggots are just as bad as the undertale fags. Prove me wrong
>>
Give Ian the 10mm SMG.
>>
>>377356639

>half the game is dialogue trees
>majority of combat is canned animations unless you get the bloody mess perk

Not to mention he mentioned 2 other non-dialogue methods.
>>
>>377356639
>Prove me wrong
YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT FROM PUTTING YOUR OWN DICK SO DEEP INSIDE YOUR ASS NIGGER
>>
you're going to need a lot of patience
>>
>>377356663
Don't listen to this guy, FO1-2 followers are notirous for shooting when you're in the line of fire, and burst fire hits in an arc, meaning that your follower early on can potentially oneshot you because you were in front of a near point blank burst of bullets.

Also OP, pick small guns as your weapon start and get the Fixit patch. Fixit will solve just about all the remaining bugs (like Ap ammo not working) and small guns are insanely common.
>>
>>377356828
>>377356639
Please don't fight inside my lovely Fallout 1 thread. There's a lot of nice, pleasant exchanging of information going on here and I appreciate all of it.
>>
>>377355927
Savor your first playthroughs of fallout 1 & 2. They are top-tier rpgs which only existed in that era and have never been replicated since. Play arcanum also, its even better than fallout imo.
>>
>>377356348
The official patch removes the time limit.
>>
>>377358542
No it doesn't you nigger
>>
File: 5ge2j.png (461KB, 799x600px) Image search: [Google]
5ge2j.png
461KB, 799x600px
1 & 2 sucks for a person used to 3, NV, and 4.
I liked 1 better than 2, because of a tighter story, but still they suck compared to the modern ones. And before you say I'm underage, I'm 35.
>>
File: 1493738027084.png (322KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493738027084.png
322KB, 640x480px
>>377358953
>>
>>377358953
Honestly I just want something different. I quite enjoy the Fallout lore as it stands now, and if nothing else I'd like to see the genesis of it.

As I understand, the "the vaults were all experiments!" stuff didn't come in until Fallout 2 retcon'd it so it'll be interesting to see (for me) the differences.
>>
Hey YOU! Buy my game!!
>>
>>377355927
Put agility to 10. Having less than 10 will make the game annoying since you will only be able to shoot once. Intelligence should be high too for dem skill points. Talk to everyone and I would recommend being a goody-two shoes for a first playthrough or at least neutral but being evil will make the game harder. Tag speech so you can talk your way out of getting your ass kicked (will not save you every time). Enjoy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.