[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that were released on PC but no one played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: The_Last_Remnant.jpg (36KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Remnant.jpg
36KB, 256x315px
Square Enix managed to make a game with slowdown in a fucking turn-based enviroment
>>
I played.
>>
>>377350658
How was it?
>>
>>377350750
Once you've learned how to do the game properly, it was actually fun for me personally.

Just make sure you don't abuse David's Gae Bolg too much.
>>
>>377350567
As non white male who dislike the faggotry of the Final Fantasy games should I give this game chance?
>>
>>377350750
It was fun_.
>>
How easy is it to ruin a playthrough by fucking up with leveling? I picked this up in a steam sale a while ago and it's been sitting in my "games I haven't played" category ever since then.
>>
>>377351529
My friend told me this do not grind never just try to skip all the non mantory fights
>>
>>377351529
Just don't grind and you'll be fine.
>>
>>377353002
>>377353030
You can ignore that if your'e okay with doing a bit more grinding later.
"level ups" are easier with a low battle level
>>
File: TheGatesOfHell.png (652KB, 704x557px) Image search: [Google]
TheGatesOfHell.png
652KB, 704x557px
*revives ur union*
>>
>>377353002
>>377353030
>>377353106
Thanks anons.

Might install it and give it a go when I get home from work tonight.
>>
>>377353294
I found gates on PC to be easy, Xbox one is nightmare mode
>>
>>377350567
stop talking out your ass.
>>
>>377350567
>games that actually NEED walktroughs on lap to play
fixed for you
That fucking hidden village
>>
>>377353653
>run from one end of the map to another
>"hidden village"
>>
>>377353483

I guess I'd also add don't be ashamed to use a guide to help plan your Union/class/skills building. The game explains absolutely nothing so you may well inadvertantly lock yourself out of good paths without ever knowing it. i.e. random sidequest chains that unlock just the ability to gain an item needed to unlock a particular other thing. There's one particularly infamous one that's escaping me at the moment because it's been a longass time since I played...
>>
>>377350876
Yes
>>
>>377353712
It goddamn disappears if you don't do it soon enough
>>
File: are you serious.png (191KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.png
191KB, 419x398px
>>377353653
>games that actually NEED walktroughs on lap to play
>>
>>377353721
I'd say fuck it and go in blind.
Do a playthrough sometime later if you want full completion.
>>
>>377353721
>"talk to Ghor after every 2nd conquered base or you lock yourself out of a kickass unit and remnant"
>>
>>377353906
Also out of a Guild
>>
>>377353875
I guess I missed the part in game when it tells me how classes change and what they get from the change
Also how union works
Or where are the parts everyone needs but never knows where to find
Or everything else
>>
>>377354146
You're suppose to figure it out yourself and go with the flow rather than having something holding your hand.
>>
Well, probably about time to post some of the fucking rad music this game has. Fighting is so damned satisfying, even with this normal battle music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXIhUhIg1U
>>
Grinding is sorta okay, you just need to grind properly- you want to get as many monsters in a single fight as possible- once you know the spawn points on any given map, you're able to get like 3-5 units tagged per timeshift that's when it's fine to grind- you just want o avoid fighting one unit at a time. You've also got the advanced tactic of doing a long timeshift tagging as many monsters as possible but not fighting, making them chase you through the whole level, so you can then lead them towards the next set of monsters, timeshift again so get all the monsters in one shot.

Beyond that, good squad setup- every squad has someone who can heal / rez, combat arts together, casters together, only use people with uniques as squad leaders etc.

Really, I love this game, as it's just so satisfying when you get everything just right, and so you start destroying everything you face which is when you start going after the optional bosses / doing ever more elaborate grinding patterns in harder and harder areas to keep yourself challenged.
>>
>>377354201
The only thing you figure out this way is how quickly you gain levels by bumbling around dungeons and how hard it fucks you over
>>
>>377350567
Blame unreal engine. At least ue4 looks miles better, and can hit 60fps on consoles.
>>
>>377350567
>>377350658
>>377350750
>>377350846
Every single time this thread is made, these are the first four posts. I'm not buying it.
>>
There was a few threads daily for this when it came out on PC, but I haven't seen anything about it in a long while. Was pretty fun, little different JRPG flavor
>>
>>377354146
I'm curious, how do you think people that made guides found those things out?
I mean, I'm not gonna say the wiki isn't hugely helpful for doing everything, but for just playing the game normally? It's not necessary, you could find it all yourself by testing and exploring, just take a long time
>>
>>377354519
pirate it faggot
>>
>>377353712
>use the wiki to make sure I don't miss any big quest chains or members
>didn't find that village west of the Great Dune Sea till like 80% of through the way of the game because of how fucking big the desert was.
That said, Great Dune Sea is easily one of the best desert levels in gaming.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 291x110px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 291x110px
>>377354602
Stop making your shitty threads anon.
>>
>>377354576
They just bought the jap guidebooks for game.
Sting make their entire livelihood this way.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (263KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
263KB, 1600x900px
>>377350567
pirated it recently, was fun
>>
>>377354358
And? Is this your first time playing a SaGa game? Took me about five restarts until I got Romancing SaGa finally rolling.
>>
>>377354684
The music at least.
And that Mirage Tower was pretty neat too.
>>
File: 2014-05-29_00012.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-29_00012.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that you can't take too long in many fights as quite a few bosses have OHKO ( or just nearly ) attacks they will use after so many turns, even while fucking deadlocked.
Reminder that you want new attacks and unions over stats outright.
Reminder that if you see some new gear you can craft that uses a rare item, just note that you'll chances are see a better one a few hours later that ALSO requires that said item, and you might only get one of such item per play.
Reminder that the war clashing system is fucking addicting and you'll chances are not understand anything about it till 50+ hours in when you can clash and force Morale to be maxed out every time.
>>
>>377355103
Reminder that if you deadlock a dragon with multiple units and get high morale he just becomes piss and starts spamming whitebreath/darkbreath/fuckyouAOE every unit turn

That's why I love long range units, too bad they're shit against optional bosses with enrage timers
>>
>>377350750
Pretty fun, but i used trainer mid game. I was really annoyed by union restriction.
I mean 18 units and 5 unions is just too small and unsatisfying. So i made 7 unions with 5 units for total of 35 units game was still challenging surprisingly.
>>
>>377356187
Rush alone or +1 in one union and 4 units per union, Rush is powerful alone.
>>
>>377354684
the zones pretty great. the sidequests in it however are not, fuck that running about
>>
>>377354146
people like you are why games have no sense of discovery anymore. you get upset when provides you all the tools you need, but doesn't forcefeed you info on how to use them.
>>
>>377354690
>half an hour
stop making your shitty posts, anon.
>>
>>377356187
nah it makes everything way too easy, unless you can mod it to increase enemy stats/numbers by the equivalent

only reason to edit anything is to equip other people. not to abuse it and equip em with new shit all the time, but to force them into the weapon style or path you want
blocter is one example of flat out garbage cause of his chosen weapon path
>>
>>377356332
I did it more for satisfaction reasons than gameplay ones.
I wanted all cool units to be on field and feel like i fight with mercenary unit. What is the point of detouring from typical jrpg parties of 3/4 formula but still putting limit? I was way overleveled so game was still hard but beatable thanks to having more fighters.
>>
>>377354986
I played SaGas before but never knew that Last Remnant is related to them.
>>
>BLACKOUT
>GAE BOLG
>BLACKOUT
>GAE BOLG

And then my stats went to shit.
>>
File: The Last Remnant.jpg (202KB, 737x435px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Remnant.jpg
202KB, 737x435px
Oh you made me check my game, fuck it been 4 years already, why time flies so fast?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.