[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

seriously why isn't this a thing still?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: frictionless.jpg (32KB, 543x547px) Image search: [Google]
frictionless.jpg
32KB, 543x547px
seriously
why isn't this a thing still?
>>
>>377348309
Needs more balls. It should have been a roller mouse with a trackball as well.
>>
>>377349589
This, add more balls
>>
>>377348309

because you actually want some amount of friction on your mouse, or else it becomes tiring to use because you have to constantly apply counter-force when making fine movements and bringing the mouse to a stop.
>>
>>377350416
This it would probably be fine for general computer use but it would be awful to use for something like an FPS.
>>
>>377348309
Have fun having the weight of your mouse carry the movement way more than you intended or if you intended to stop. There's a reason why mice use feet friction.
>the intelligence of mustard race
>>
>>377348309
I'm not sure if it's better, I would need to try it out

why is one of the 4 balls out of place?
>>
>>377350538
holy fuck, are you trolling or really this dense?
>>
>>377350561
>why is one of the 4 balls out of place?
Probably just due to the shape of the mouse he used.
>>
Why aren't multiple sensors to track rotation a thing?
>>
>>377348309
> surely this will last forever and won't have to be ever cleaned!
Does no one remember ball mice? Is this truly neo-v?
>>
>>377351341
you only needed to clean ball mice because the ball itself was carried by the rest of the mouse and it was needed to measure movement.

these steel balls are completely different as they carried the mouse itself, not to mention, there is still a laser
>>
Quit trying to fix things that aint broke.
>>
>>377351754
> never had gunk make the mouse barely move
>>
>>377350538
your stupid and gay
>>
>>377352575
>thinks a polished ball bearing will pick up as much crap as a ball with a grippy rubber coating
>>
>>377352575
?
dust didn't effect the actual mouse, only the cursor.
these steel balls aren't being used for the cursor, so dust is not an issue. and even if they get gunked up, it'll just turn the mouse into a regular mouse with no balls.
>>
>>377351341
is a ball mouse like shaped like a ball? sound's gay
>>
>>377352832
What are you even talking about.
>>
>>377350538
>>377350416

Do you seriously think the mouse would build up enough momentum to exert a force on your hand and make you lose grip?
>>
>>377353323
not anon you replied to but...
why are you fucking dumb ass?
>>
>>377353391
It's about stopping the mouse, not losing grip.
Needs a stronger force to stop an ice skater than someone who's on ice with regular shoes.
>>
>>377353391
Nobody said anything about losing grip? It's not going to slip out of your hands.
>>
It just needs to be able to be removed on the fly.
ball bearings set in a down position when playing games, and have them become hidden when doing normal computer stuff. literally solves everyone who has a problem with the mouse on this thread
>>
>>377352832
You'd be surprised how much shit can get on steel ball bearings. Enough dust and grime will get between the balls and their holders and cause jams. And since they're steel, they'll gladly gouge your wooden desk or scratch your glass table.
You use a mat? Why would you add more friction to the equation when you bought these balls for less friction?
>>
>>377353391

nobody said anything about losing grip lol

Your phrasing of "do you seriously think" implies I'm just making shit up, but I play FPS games competitively and I've used low friction mouse feet + mouse pad before, and it was awful. It was then that I realized some amount of friction is necessary. So no, I don't "think" anything, I know a fact from experience.

It's harder to make fine movements with low friction because even a tiny amount of force will cause the mouse to move, causing you to overshoot or undershoot your intended position. The less friction, the steadier your hand has to be, and the constant need to keep your hand perfectly steady causes fatigue.
>>
ITT: Kids who never had a ball mouse
>>
>>37735065
It honestly seems shit. I dunno why you're so assblasted about it.
>>
>>377354736
your full of shit fagtard
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.