[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /badatgamesandwillnevergetanybetter / here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1439175194700.jpg (64KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1439175194700.jpg
64KB, 550x512px
Who else /badatgamesandwillnevergetanybetter/ here?
>>
Most of /v/ honestly, but part of their complex is that the "reason" they're playing in shit tiers/ranks/<skillmeasurementsystemofchoice> is that the system is rigged/constant circumstantial events/RNG etc..

They're all secretly gaming pros that just have insanely bad luck
>>
the better I get at one game the worse I get at all other games
>>
File: that post gave me agony.jpg (27KB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
that post gave me agony.jpg
27KB, 528x384px
>>377346425
>can feel myself getting worse and worse at video games
>>
I'm top-of-the-planet-tier in some games and retard tier in others. In any FPS I'm usually tournament level within 2-3 months of playing, yet I played SC2 for half a year and never got past gold rank.
>>
/entirelyaverage/ here
Just Adequate: The Story of Anon's Life
>>
Atleast I can shoryuken :^)
>>
>>377346679
I don't pretend, I know that I'm always going to be bottom bitch in every game I play.
And every real life activity I ever attempt.
And in every friend group.
>>
>tfw good at video games and only getting better

22 here, hope this ride never ends.
>>
I have some days where i'm REALLY good then days where it's like a switch has been flipped and i'm absolutely awful
>>
>>377346425
Same here. I lack the eye-hand coordination to beat the higher difficulties in fast-paced games and I lack the strategic brain to beat strategy games without using a guide most of the time.
>>
>always above average
>good enough to curb stomp my friends, not ever good enough to do anything competitive
>>
>>377346425
depends how much i drink. competitive games aren't fun anymore unless drinking. unfortunately as my fun level goes up my skill level goes down.
>>
I have autism so the only competitive games I can play are ones where I can make the opponent irrelevant. Since I'm unable to tell what anyone is thinking in IRL, I have no idea how read their minds in games either. Unfortunately, games where I can make the other side irrelevant also have the double-edged sword of making me irrelevant if I don't play at absolute top-level (which isn't often).

I'm tired of losing all the time. I just want to be good for once. I want people to celebrate me instead of always being the IRL comic relief character.
>>
>>377346425
>analyze your play
>find mistakes
>fix mistakes

Gamesense, your position, efficiency etc are all important. Depending on the game too (like RTS, MOBAs etc) you basically have to watch replays, study builds and such constantly to stay ahead of the curve. Watch some Purgegamer's videos, he has a series where he spends 30-40min analyzing a player's first 6-10min of a match pointing out the hundreds of things they did wrong that led to their team losing.
>>
>>377347089
It probably won't.
>>
>>377348896
also to add
Time spent playing a game =/= how good you are. It's like going to the gym. You could go to the gym for years and years not doing your exercises and routines properly and not get swole, or you could refine your technique, do shit properly and work hard and get results really quickly.

Best thing I can advise maybe is take recordings of yourself playing matches and rewatch them a few times, find mistakes, look for parts where you fucked up and ask yourself
>why did I fuck up?
>what should've I done instead?
>>
>>377348896
Most people can't think on that higher level though. If you need someone else to tell you what you're doing wrong you're never going to be good.
>>
File: shironeko.gif (791KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
shironeko.gif
791KB, 245x245px
>>377346679
but I'm in a world top 100 wow raiding guild which is the most serious of business
>>
>>377349159
>WoW raiding
>hard
You're just an ERP slut, arean't you?
>>
>>377346425
H-How do I even know if I'm good at them?
I don't really play multiplayer so I have a hard time comparing myself to others. Yet, I feel I'm often impatient in games and not autistic enough to "master" them.
>>
>>377349748
You'll know because your friend group will either constantly put you down and not let you have any fun or they will suck your dick and follow your every move.
>>
I rarely if ever play online, so I always get trounced whenever I play friends. The only things I really play online are Overwatch on PC and Blops III on PS4 and I'm convinced half the kids playing that are using KB&M.
>>
>>377347784
>unfortunately as my fun level goes up my skill level goes down.

This. I love playing games drunk and there's quite a few where I'm actually better drunk, but anything competitive is a no go if I'm not sober.
>>
>>377349963
Do you seriously think I have friends to play vidya with?
>>
File: Shoveled.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shoveled.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>been playing monster hunter for roughly 10 years
>still can't roll through shit reliably without an evasion skill
It fucking hurts.
>>
>>377349748
Really depends on what you're playing. First person shooters you can usually tell if you're good by your reaction times and quick wits. Then there's real time strategy games where you actually have to be at least semi smart to be good at. What games do you play, anon?
>>
being good at video games is not all it's cracked up to be, once you get to a certain level the things that you strove to perfect and learn will start to seem menial once you have dealt with them for long enough.

i rarely play stalker anymore because gunfights aren't super exciting unless you are outnumbered 10 - 1 and low on ammo, my aim is too precise for ammo consumption to be a real issue outside the first 10 minutes of play. I pretty much never die because i have a solid understanding of how the AI handles combat and visualizes the world, so I always know how to keep myself in the positional advantage.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.