[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you want to pretend like this isn't a good controller.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: 711719200994_l.jpg (79KB, 480x313px) Image search: [Google]
711719200994_l.jpg
79KB, 480x313px
Why do you want to pretend like this isn't a good controller.
>>
>>377339567
The battery life is awful, you could barely call this controller wireless
>>
>>377339567
Isn't this the controller with the social media share button?
>>
>>377339567
but i don't, i know it's a good controller
>>
hey guys can someone write his forever empty us credit card number, i just want to play ps now trial and ps now is not avaible for my country. i just opened a new us account and it says i need to write credit card number for 7 day trial. after that i look how can i create virtual card and created entropay card. but then i realized pre paid cards not working on psn soo i need a us credit card,
>>
>trash battery life
>big ass touchpad with annoying light
>share button
>triggers and sticks are shit compared to an XB1 controller
>not very durable
>>
>>377339963
yeah i'll get right on that
>>
>>377339963
Sent ;)
>>
>>377339567
I haven't had a Playstation controller in my hands since the PS2. Been playing on PC with Xbox pads in the meantime.
Just got a PS4 and its way better than the Xbox one. I always considered the Xbox stick placement superior while using it. But now being able to compare, the PS layout suits me much more.
>>
>>377339667
I hope you are joking. I've never seen a better battery life in a controller ever.
>>
>>377339963
check your e-mail ;)
>>
>>377339567

It's good, not great.
>>
>>377339567
no one said it isn't good, just that there are objectively superior options like the xbone s controller
>>
>>377340164
It's literally the worst battery life of any wireless controller for a major console.

Battery life sucks but I've got multiple controllers so it's a minor inconvenience. Everything else about the controller aside from the light is pretty good.
>>
>>377339567

While we are here.
I want to buy a good controller for my pc.
It has to be PS form factor, I was thinking of buying dual shock 3, should I buy something else?
>>
Switch Pro > Dualshock 4 > Xbone

The Switch Pro just feels fucking great to hold and I really like the placement of everything.
The Dualshock 4 is great too, but it doesn't feel quite as comfortable to me.
The Xbone controller is just a mess. It has the worst triggers by far, and the sticks aren't too great either. It just feels bulky.
>>
>>377339963
You probably already got it but I sent you one I don't use just in case.
>>
>>377339567
Its really mediocre. Ive only used it for Yakuza 0 and Bloodborne and I could never shake the feeling of shit ergonomics but the DS2 still feels great but that may be down to nostalgia
>>
>>377340164
Then you've never seen any other controller
>>
>>377339567
i think everything but the battery is great.
>>
File: 1479055457807.jpg (31KB, 195x252px) Image search: [Google]
1479055457807.jpg
31KB, 195x252px
>>377339567

Nigger this piece of shit is worse than any other controller I've used so far, it's inferior in every aspect to any other Dualshock except the build quality.

Even the fucking N64 controller is more ergonomic.
>>
>>377340473
>aside from the light
You can just turn it off?

Battery life is a bit fucked though, it almost makes me want to waste money on a charging dock when I'm not playing. I know that it's unnecessary.
>>
>>377340164
>I hope you are joking. I've never seen a better battery life in a controller ever.
>Dual Shock 4 battery life is around 8 hours.
>Wii-U Pro Controller battery life is around 80 hours

You're retarded.
>>
>>377339891
Not really. The Ps4 records the last 15 minutes of gameplay and by pressing the share button, it saves that recording. It's pretty handy actually. The real problems with the Dualshock 4 are:
Battery life
thumbstick rubber degrading
trigger's losing their springy-ness, or just flat out breaking
touch pad is both a button and a touch pad
>>
>>377340164
Shit needs charging about every eight hours for me.
>>
>anons too lazy to plug the controller into the console every couple of days for an hour or so
The only wireless controllers that I've used that have a better battery are ones that use replaceable batteries, and I much rather not return to that era of frustration.
>>
>>377341001
wrong
that controller's battery life lasts even more because there are barely any games to play in that shitty ass console
>>
>>377340893
sounds like you've got manlet hands
>>
>>377339567

i only wish it was xinput so it would work with all my pc games.

some games, x360ce and ds4windows still wont make the game see the controller.
>>
>>377341203
so you don't actually have an argument then ok
>>
>>377341203
This was relevant a year or so ago, now it makes no sense even as a shitpost.
>>
>>377339567
>Bring back the start and select button
>Remove touch pad and shit speaker
>>
>>377339963
pm'd you the fix
>>
>>377340164
This!
My controller can last on average 12 hours even with vibration enabled. People are just fucking trolling at this point.
Low battery after your 8+ videogame sesion? Then plug a fucking phone charger and keep playing. Then unplug it after 30 min and you're done.
>>
>>377341507
>This was relevant a year or so ago, now it makes no sense
What happened in that year to make the insult not relevant? The only games Wii U got last year are trash games like Star Fox and Color Splash.
>>
>>377339567
When are first party controller going to start having paddle buttons? You'd think they would have introduced those by now
>>
>>377339567
>Segmented Dpad
>Bad triggers
>Stupid light bar
>Flimsy sticks
>Left stick STILL in the wrong place
>Abysmal battery life
No, it's pretty mediocre, both Nintendo and MS offer better controllers.
>>
>>377341507
>>377341749
It's not relevant to this thread at all because it actually has nothing to do with controllers, stop trying to turn this into another console war shitfest
>>
>>377341687
>12 hours with vibration enabled.

Clearly Sony is in the wrong business.
>>
>>377341970
>average
>>
>>377341453
I said that was the best controller's battery life I've ever seen, compared to 360's and some cheap controllers I bought in a flea market, it's probably the one that has lasted longer, I was actually surprised at how many hours It could last before I had to plug it. I could not care less about wii u's since I dont own that shitty console.
>>
>>377340569

Better DS3 is fine as long as you can actually get it working
>>
>>377339567
The dpad doesnt recognize diagonal inputs

Thats enough
>>
>>377339567
It would be my favorite if the light bar and touchpad were non-existent. As it stands, I prefer the Xbone controller because it's comfortable and doesn't have the useless bells and whistles of the DS4.
>>
>>377339567
It feels bad to hold.
>>
>>377341687
>phone charger
>30 min charge time
get fucked, mini USB cords aren't capable of charging something to full that fast, why do you think they're phasing them out?
>>
>>377339567
This is by far the shittiest controller ever, right after the horrible ds3 and it's predecessors. And this comes from someone with tiny manlet hands. The R2/L2 buttons are absolute trash and dont even have a stop. To tilt the left stick left and right and back you need to stretch your thumb and pull it back while loosing grip instead of just tilting your thumb to the left and to the right, like the wii u pro or the xbox controller. Batterylife is ass. You can throw in rechargeable batteries in the Xboners controller and have your fun for 2 weeks. People who like this shit are just fooling themselves because they cant admit that their favourite brand made a shitty product.
>>
>>377339567
It's the most comfortable controller I ever held in my hands.
Just the feeling of touching it is better than playing some games.
I don't even own a ps4
>>
DS4 is my favourite controller, though the battery life could be longer. I've never been a fan of how Xbox controllers are designed.
>>
>>377341687
12 hours is like two days of use, thats really bad.
For me the battery runs out in a single persona session which is about 4 hours for me. So either my controllers are bunk or you a blind fanboy.
>>
>>377342208
Because retards kept crying like freaks that should've been aborted because they can't insert USB cables on their first try.

Also fast charging is a good way to follow the planned obsolescence in battery life.
If you want a battery to live, slow charge it.
>>
ideally the fucking thumbsticks need to be straight up, not forcing your thumbs over in an awkward position

since thumbsticks are the part used most often in most games

this is totally backwards from that, and causes the most thumb soreness
>>
File: 1361649518310.gif (2MB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
1361649518310.gif
2MB, 180x135px
>>377339567
I hate the ergonomics. I play a game that primarily uses L1/R2 and the d-pad, Dualshock 4 dropped the height of the shoulder buttons by a substantial amount that my fingers between L1 and the d-pad are so close together that they can't perform inputs as smoothly or quickly. My Dualshock 3 had big concave bowls like Gamecube so it's not like the Dualshock 4 triggers were better for me.
>>
>>377342548
Oops I meant L1/R1.
>>
>>377340049
>>377340085
>>377340286
>>377340662
>>377341672
Guys thank you for your attention i'm still looking for that card can you guys send me it from discord? my account good night folks#4493
>>
>>377342391
I remember when people complained about the joycon's 20 hour battery life as if they were capable of playing continuously for that long.
>>
>>377342391
Not him but my controller lasts for days. I've had it connected the last time on sunday and I've been playing quite a lot this week.
But its also a new controller that I just bought two weeks ago.
>>
>>377342468
I'll take fast charging and replaceable battery any day over having to own multiple controllers to swap out when one of them dies. A new Dualshock 4 battery costs 5 bucks and it's easy as shit to replace.
>>
>>377341749
Figured you were talking about the PS4. The Wii U Pro controller has a ridiculously long battery life though. Charged it once while playing BotW, and that was in the first few hours after having played nothing on it for a long time.
>>
>>377342548
>>377342653
Do you have Huntington's disease? Only that or being a total retard would lead to someone handling that controller in that way.
>>
I've always hated Playstation controllers. Never felt right in my hands.
>>
>>377339567
I agree it's probably the best especially the 2.0 line. I hate how grimy my old PS3 controllers would get it was like those mushroom capped analogs were designed to collect filth and distribute it across the rest of the controller via thumb. The d pad would register inputs for no reason too and the pathetic R2 and L2s would press themselves infinitely when the controller was dropped or slid on any surface. Sony somehow made a dualshock that was worse than the original with PS3.
>>
>the same people that call the SNES controller great dislike the PSX one
>>
>>377342962
There's nothing retarded about playing worse because the index and thumb tips are too close to each other
>>
>>377343579
The PS3 analog caps were just fucked up and would develop a greasy film after not using it for a few weeks.
>>
>>377343910
picture of your hand holding a dualshock 4 please. Can't fathom how your thumb and index finger are getting in the way of inputs
>>
>>377344071
They're not getting in the way, they're not far enough for the fingers to react as lightning fast as Dualshock 3. There's a reason why the shoulder buttons on classic Dualshocks are lifted far up.
>>
>>377344275
I'm really trying to understand this for whatever reason. Are you saying that because of the positioning of the bumpers and d-pad, you are pressing the buttons with a different part of your finger than you would on a DS3?
>>
>>377339667
You you the guy who draws Creepy Suzy? If so please go back to /co/
>>
>>377341920
>>Left stick STILL in the wrong place
So you're a faggot then?
>>
>>377344825
Nothing is physically getting in the way, there is no input error. It's just lessened comfort that leads to inputs that are not as quick as Dualshock 3. Just imagine if WASD was positioned where the arrow keys were, you wouldn't be playing your best due to your left hand being aligned closer to the your chest and the way it would cause your wrist to bend. If the bumpers sat as high as Dualshock 3, your fingers are more relaxed and relatively more straight, where as Dualshock 4 needs your finger to be bent in a more right angle shape, lessening the reaction times. If you think about it, there was zero reason why Sony felt the need to trim the top of the controller off and lessen the height.
>>
>Good
>Controller

Pick one.
>>
Something something Ape Escape
>>
>>377345515
>Playing 3D action games with a keyboard
>>
>>377345383
Ah ok, I was overthinking it.
>>
Can vibration damage your wrists?
>>
ITT: baby hands
>>
>>377340164
Are you literally 12 years old? Is this the first console you've ever owned?
>>
>>377346783
Only if youre on all fours and using it form the top down. If you go from underneath you should be fine
>>
File: goat.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>377339567

>touch pad

GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>377339567
>Joystick placement
>Build quality
>Battery life

It's better than the PS3 controller but you can skedaddle the fuck right out of here if you want to say it's a good controller.
>>
>>377341026
>thumbstick rubber degrading
>trigger's losing their springy-ness, or just flat out breaking

had both of these happen after 3 months. hated the idea of asymmetric sticks but got an xbone one and it's fucking fine. all i need is a controller that won't fucking break like a toy piece of shit. plus my autism doesn't make me try and mod in psbutton prompts on screen anymore since they're all xbox ones to begin with.
>>
>>377345160
He goes by Herny not Henry
>>
>>377339667
why do people lie about this? i was playing nier automata all DAY yesterday. my controller lasted well over 10 hours
>>
It is good, or at least I like it. But what makes it shitty is that the start and select buttons are fucking called options and something else
>>
>>377339567
the touchpad is garbage, the share button is retarded, and the analog sticks fall apart
>>
>>377349759
>>377348541
they only degrade on the old models. that doesnt happen anymore.
>>
Why do people pretend like symmetrical sticks are bad? I's like your hands, and very few games use left stick+face buttons over left stick+right stick.
>>
The Lightbar is high tier cancer and Sony fucking REFUSES to let us toggle it off. I have fucking electrical tape covering the lightbars on my DS4s.
>>
>>377340945
No you can't. You can "dim" it but it hardly helps.
>>
File: 20170514_202845.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_202845.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>377339567
>terrible battery life
>pointless flashlight
>idle controller rests on shoulder triggers
>touch sensitive shoulder triggers
>dumb fuck track pad
>dumb fuck share button
>options button forced to be crammed between dumb f7ck pad and triangle button
>90 degree symmetry main buttons
>dual lower joysticks
>segmented d pad

It's more comfortable than the last one though. Still pretty bad.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.