[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They aren't laughing now are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: phil-fish[1].jpg (16KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
phil-fish[1].jpg
16KB, 600x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw
>>
They are assholes for piling on that Japanese man, and for not explaining why they think Japanese games suck, yet they are also right. Japanese games use the same base mechanics that have been around for decades. It's always a sacrifice of either story, graphics, or gameplay.
>>
>>377338171

Funny how Nintendo Made BotW since this rant, and it largely addresses the complaints they made about Zelda.
>>
>>377338171
wow, what a cunt
>>
File: truth.jpg (355KB, 662x1084px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
355KB, 662x1084px
"Japanese AAA" is barely relevant than ever and will probably be extinct in the near future. The entire AAA western scene could decline by 50% across every game and they'd still be more relevant.
>>
>>377338171
Is there anyone, besides Nigel Farage, that has a more punchable face than Phil Fish?
>>
>>377338598
welcome to Phil Phish the best videogame developer in the world.
>>
>>377338171
Urgh I hate his unwashed disgusted face. Who even thought fill'a'fillet was ever likable?
>>
>>377338971
Gareth Bourn. Every time I see that No Man's Sky picture, I want to punch his face.
>>
>>377338171
Massive cunt bag him and all his little reach around chode suckers. I wouldn't lose any sleep if someone took a steel pipe to his shins.
>>
File: recliner of rage.jpg (212KB, 570x432px) Image search: [Google]
recliner of rage.jpg
212KB, 570x432px
>>377338171
If Phil was on the floor bleeding to death crying for help i would still kick him in the balls. I know that makes me an asshole but that face looks engineered from the ground up to be hated.
>>
File: C0T962RXgAA8jjp (1).jpg (73KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C0T962RXgAA8jjp (1).jpg
73KB, 1200x675px
No, he's right. Every single japanese game sucks.

SV5? Lacking content, unfun.

BOTW? Nothing to do, no fun to be had

Splatoon? Not a real shooter.

Arms? The fuck is this for? Contrarians thats who.

Nier? I'd rather be FAR away from that poopy diaper garbage.

The only games worth playing is the Crash re-release, Mania, Overwatch, CODWW2, BF1, Arma 3 64bit, and TK17
>>
>>377338345
>It's always a sacrifice of either story, graphics, or gameplay.
That's funny considering fez was this embodied. Looks like a shitty pixalated 80s game because of "muh nostalgia", has monotonous gameplay gimmics and a story a 5 year old could outdo.
Suck his fish's chode. CHOKE ON IT
>>
File: 1484703497926.jpg (82KB, 615x709px) Image search: [Google]
1484703497926.jpg
82KB, 615x709px
>>377338971
Still butthurt i see. You lost deal with it.
>>
>>377338171
I mean, how fucking full of yourself do you have to be, to look a fan of yours(?) who comes to a panel, in the eye, and tell him his countries games suck.
Which is not only a stupid statement, given that Jap games are still ahead in terms of gameplay and mechanics, but just outright idiotic and nothing but a dick move.
I'm glad he's off the grid. Even though I enjoyed the threads back in the day. But nowadays I dont have any tolerance for such bs anymore.
>>
>>377340526
I don't think either side's games are better than the either, we just look at them from different cultural biases and points of view.
But Fish is so full of bullshit he can make complete waifus out of it. What a tool.
>>
>>377340173
Don't forget Relevolution 60 and Gone Home those masterpieces are timeless.
>>
>>377338171
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>377338171
lol what a fucking loser

fez is pretty good tho
>>
Most of the panel were complete cunts, especially fish, but i think Blow actually makes a decent point.

I mean look at this comment

>What a dickbag. This hack has the nerve to call out real game designers lmao. When you make a game that's in the same league as Zelda, Final Fantasy, Persona, Fire Emblem, etc..etc..etc, then you can talk trash. Western games have all become copy/paste shooters and interactive movies, I will take a quality JRPG or Japanese action game over that crap any day of the week

All of those franchises (at least in their modern incarnation) are described perfectly by blow. i mean did that guy actually play Persona 5 for example? It literally railroads and treats you like a complete retard the whole game.
>>
File: 1492962357024.png (138KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492962357024.png
138KB, 512x512px
No matter what people say about them now, Phil was 100% in the right at that time. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong.
Fez is also pretty good.
>>
Like 90% of western games are: you're a guy (sometimes a girl) and you shoot things in either first or third person perspective.
>>
>>377338171
>tfw I've met Phil before years ago
>purposefully introduced myself with a mouth full of food and called him bill
>old coworker introduced me to people that (at the time, don't know if they are still there) wrote shit for destructoid
>same thing but kept asking them how work for kotaku was and they'd correct me
>kept insisting one guy had napkins, kept asking and he got uncomfortable
>>
>>377343410

anon, don't be THAT guy.
>>
>>377338171
Even though I read shit about him and his antics on /v/ and elsewhere, I reserved judgement because I wasn't personally familiar with most of it. I also never played Fez.

Until I saw this, confirming that I was not unjustified in thinking he had a punchable face. Punchable personality also fits.

It's fine to have a negative opinion on Japaenese developrs, but it's another thing to present it in a completely disrespectful, pretentious way to a aspiring Japanese developer and FAN that had the courage to do his best with what English he knew... ultimate shitbag.

>How can you hate him? You don't even know him

>No, I'm sure of it... I hate him.
>>
>>377343410
I saw Phil at a grocery store in Los Angeles the other day. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>377344558
What's the origin of this pasta?
>>
>>377338171
anthony carboni is such a faggit
>>
>>377338171
>>377338345
Why does Phil Fish talk so much shit when he's a shitty indie developer that has never made a good game in his life? Does he just have no self awareness?
>>
>>377344749
/sp/, circa 2010-11
>>
>>377344749
I've seen it for Charles Martinent, of all people, but I don't think that was the original.
>>
>>377338598
his shitty game was only even known because the contest it was entered in was rigged because several of the judges also invested money in the game.
>>
>>377340173
Screenshot this faggots post for the worst ever taste on /v/
>>
>>377344558
This is one of my favourite pasta's, always makes me laugh. Thanks anon.
>>
File: Fish interview.jpg (577KB, 1108x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Fish interview.jpg
577KB, 1108x1836px
>>377338171
Phil said that japanese games had 1000000 of tutorials
it was at the same time that Demon's Souls was released.
>>
>>377340173
I would say put more effort into this next time
>>
>>377344834
phil fish retired because people bullied him too much. modern indie game faggots talk 10 times more shit than phil fish ever did, except it's about social justice
>>
>>377338171
He's right to some extent, but whenever he's asked to elaborate on something it really makes me question why he's allowed to design games.
>>
>>377348782
He said that at the same time he released an indie shit that was 4+ years in the making. Even chinese bootlegs for the NeoGeo are better
>>
>>377338896
>tfw Inafune is the Japanese Phil Fish
>>
>>377338491
>mfw the problem is that nintendo listened to fish rather than the community
>>
File: Choke On It.jpg (33KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Choke On It.jpg
33KB, 500x313px
>>
Fez is the scariest game I've ever played
It made me so uncomfortable every time I played it that I always ended putting it down. You just went door after door after door after door to a point where you got completely disoriented and overwhelmed.

Not to mention that the whole world feels so fake and dead. You talk to some people in the starting level sure...but they feel like cardboard cutout. The whole game has this unsettling atmosphere.

This game is just too damn fucking creepy
>>
>>377338345

Fez lifted it's main mechanic from Super Paper Mario. Phil is just a spaz.
>>
>>377349674
That game contains Phil Fish's soul, remember that
>>
>>377348212
Was that Mass Effect bit ironic?
>>
>>377338171
the amount of cancerous people that are sitting at that table is too damn high.
>>
>>377338345
As opposed to Western games which are as generic and lifeless as possible, with the only memorable ones being ones that ape from Japanese titles?
>>
Nah.
I'm not a fan of social stuff like Persona but there are plenty of good Japanese games.
>BOTW
>Soulsborne
>Yakuza
>Resident Evil
>Nier

Then again, the dude's allowed to have an opinion.
>>
>>377340495
Didn't he get absolutely murdered in the previous election?
>Farage instigated Brexit
>Your team vs my team mentality
>>
>>377348559
Phil Fish was THE quintessential butthurt indie developer who argued with everyone who bothered to engage him.
>>
The only thing i agree with in that video was the statement about zelda, holy shit was he right.
>>
File: Phil explains the truth..png (35KB, 637x309px) Image search: [Google]
Phil explains the truth..png
35KB, 637x309px
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>377338171
He is no longer in the games industry and now does party DJing for other Fedora wearers in Double Fine
>>
File: 1479305954916.jpg (56KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
1479305954916.jpg
56KB, 640x345px
>>377338971
t. Remoaner
>>
I met Phil at a party at GDC this year, and I'd just like to say you destroyed him /v/.

He's grossly overweight. Unshaven. A complete lack of self confidence. An absolute shell of a man.

Also he's about 5ft6, if I'm being kind.
>>
>>377352534
Why do people attend GDC? It costs a fortune. What does it get you?
>>
>>377352962
it's a week long of partying and a good way to get rid of your cash before corporation tax hits.
>>
>>377351902
Based
>>
>>377338896
Who gives a flying fuck about triple A games anyway? All the best games that have come out this year have all been double A, whether they're Japanese or not.
>>
>>377338171
He's a cunt but he's right. I can count the jap games i really like on the fingers of one hand. Jap devs have this great "You don't like it? Well, fuck you" attitude, especially in regards to moral outrage that i really wish western devs would adopt, but for fucks sake, 99% of them can't make a good game to save their fucking lives.
>>
>>377338171
But he's right tho weebshit does suck
>>
>>377351902
fake twitter account
>>
>>377338171

Ahhhh... this video.

The video that cemented my negative disposition towards this clown.
>>
>>377341781
thats just meeting market demand.

if people drop games too fast, then hold their hands more and guide them along. i think we're looping around to more risky games now though. because the market can reach so many people now that your game will always find its audience.
>>
>>377338345
>yet they are also right. Japanese games use the same base mechanics that have been around for decades. It's always a sacrifice of either story, graphics, or gameplay.

Show me a single Western game that can comete with Nier Automata.

Protip: you can't nigger.
>>
>>377353759
sure
>>
>>377353805
yeah, he isn't so fucking cocky now, the fucking fag has to work in a nightclub now. probably blows the owner
>>
>>377354228
No really
He locked his account a long time ago
>>
>>377353575
>He's a cunt but he's right. I can count the jap games i really like on the fingers of one hand. Jap devs have this great "You don't like it? Well, fuck you" attitude, especially in regards to moral outrage that i really wish western devs would adopt, but for fucks sake, 99% of them can't make a good game to save their fucking lives.

Who the fuck cares what you like, subhuman shitlord
>>
He's just wrong.

Jap games are still superior to western games, even when in the timelap of that period.
>>
>>377338345

I've come back from paying respects to the grave of Adventure Games, Ultima, Wizardry and other such long dead genres.

Maybe old base mechanics aren't a bad thing if you do it right.
>>
>>377354446
Yeah, after he tried fake doxxing himself to try make it look like he could bitch and whine about shit, and then it happens he actually put real info about his companies financials out which put him in hot water so he closed his account and tried selling his company.

Now he's sucking people off to make california dreams on VR for him.
>>
>>377351465
>team mentality
They're talking about a specific stance.If you for example voted to take my guns, or alchahol away, you would be my enemy.
>>
>>377354168
That is a completely unrealistic body.
>>
Funny how after this interview Dark Souls released and proceeded to BTFO all western RPGs.
>>
File: Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg (46KB, 341x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg
46KB, 341x480px
>>377338345
>It's always a sacrifice of either story, graphics, or gameplay.

The west occasionally axes all three.
>>
>>377354930
It's hilarious considering how wrong this is.
>>
>>377354930
real life is shit so no problems there
>>
>>377354968
But Demon's Souls and Bayonetta are released in this period.

As well as Armored Core 4/4A, Folkore, Vanquish, Yakuza....etc

inb4 but they were meant to be for western audience

Fuck that shit nigger.
>>
>>377354930
woman detected
>>
>>377355009
Andromeda looks good though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTUW-owa2w

Remember the giant cuck that tried protecting him by ignoring most of why people hate him and making a bunch of generalizations and how so many dummies fell for it?

I wonder if he's still sucking Phil's dick to this day.
>>
>>377338971
>Nigel Farage
The fuck? I'm not even from UK or USA, I'm from Puerto Rico, and Nigel is based as fuck. Stay mad.
>>
>>377348212
The first thing I switched off in ME was the grain filter. looked terrible.
>>
>>377354168
guess women are ugly
>>
>>377355885
>being a slave to memes
>>
>>377355885
A lot of people in the UK hate him and have no idea why when I ask.

That's propaganda for you. If they say he's a bad man on their funny panel shows, why he's gotta be, why would they lie?
>>
>>377340173
>The Klub 17
Isnt that a Japanese game?
>>
>>377356240
yeah because Faraga and his ilk totally NEVER use propaganda, ever, and lying? absolutely out of the question, that never happens, nope
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.