[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3281.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3281.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ok, I fucked my shit up. Yesterday I was playing ps2 and was about to move to the bigger tv when I pulled my AV cord out of the tv like a jackass, by the cord and not at the jack. Pic related happened.

I can easily go buy another ps2 AV cable, but, would it be feasible to cannibalize another cable to use and just replace the connectors? That is to say, I have an old cord that's just white and red jacks on both ends. Since I know I'll never use that for anything again, can I just cut the ends off of the spare wire as well as the broken ps2 cable, and put the good connectors onto the old cord?

I realize this is a ghetto way to handle my problem, but if it's already fucked up why not right?

I think the part I'm most unsure about is the yellow (composite video) cable. I was thinking just taking one of the white connectors, and mark it with a marker or something, and put it on the old composite vid wire. I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but it seems like it would be workable. If anyone has info I'd appreciate it, I love playing my ps2

TL;DR
> fucked up the AV cable for my ps2
> trying to nigger rig new jacks onto the old cable
> will I fuck my shit up?
>>
>>377322291
steal a new one
>>
Honestly dude you can probably just find replacements on Amazon for a tenth of the effort.
>>
what's wrong with your skin dude
>>
>>377324189
I know, I know, but this doesn't even require me leaving my house. I will probably end up buying a new one but at this point I'm curious if anyone knows whether or not it will work
>>
>>377322291

Take this opportunity to switch to a component cable if you play on a hdtv. It will look better
>>
>>377322291

You're an idiot. Buy a new cable and don't burn your hut down.
>>
>>377324314
>You have to leave your house to get an Amazon order
>>
>>377322291
Simply order a new one from Amazon. It should be relatively cheap. You will need a sewing needle and tweezers for the broken components.
>>
>>377324367
Do they have component cables for the ps2?

I was looking into this the other day and I think most of the games on the ps2 were only capable of putting out 480p? Not sure but I would switch to component if it's a possibility
>>
>>377324314

If you jury-rig anything you might end up fucking your PS2 up or your TV. Worst case you may end up setting your house on fire.

Just get a replacement cable. Hell get two, just in case this happens again. Don't play around with wiring unless you know what you're doing.
>>
>>377324497
There were some that went up to 1080i
>>
>>377324270
Acid burns
>>
>>377324497

Some games (not that many) support up to 1080i on ps2, but yes you can get a component cable for ps2 and it will make all games less of a blurry mess on hdtvs. Definitely worth it if you play a lot of ps2
>>
yes you can replace a cable with new connectors, but please use >>>/g/ next time
>>
>>377324642
Link to component cables for the ps2?
>>
>>377324314
>buy it from amazon
>I dont wanna leave my hose
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377324781

Go to your local amazon page and search it there
>>
>>377324819
I'm not sure, I guess I equated leaving my house and spending money, both of which I'd have to do if I got a new cord.

I'm pretty baked rn so hate me I guess
>>
Also PS3 and PS2 use the same plug, so component cables advertised for PS3 will work just as well.
>>
File: IMG_0311.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0311.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>377324605
Noted
>>
>>377322291
Well as long as you already fucked up your composite cable, now's a good time to upgrade to component.
>>
>>377322291
>shoddy patch job on analog cables
You don't want to do that. Nice cables actually matter for analog signal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.