[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, we are the holy trinity of ace attorney games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: holy trinity.png (2MB, 2184x659px) Image search: [Google]
holy trinity.png
2MB, 2184x659px
Hi, we are the holy trinity of ace attorney games.
>>
>>377313240
>No AA1
>AA3 aka the meme game with way too much spirit bullshit
No.
Replace AA3 with AA1 and then we can talk.
>>
>>377314679
>STILL overrating AA1
c'mon man, the first 3 cases plot is shit. it introduces the characters well but it doesn't feel well written at all on replays.
>>
File: T9pqPRNT.png (233KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
T9pqPRNT.png
233KB, 365x365px
>>377313240
Change SoJ with Dual Destinies and I agree.
>>
>>377314679

The "spirit shit" shitposting needs to stop

The spirit shit doesn't suddenly give you the answers to the murders, it's still human beings causing the murder and you have to catch them
>>
>>377314679

AA1 is still great
But it is easily the weakest because of how dated it is especially with the 3 day system

I would argue even AJ is better than the first game
>>
>>377315393
>DD
>That asspull on apollo's friend

nope. SoJ was also an asspull but with much more depth.
>>
>>377313240

I don't care what anybody says or what the fucking context is

They shouldve given Apollo a voice clip for DRAGONS NEVER YIELD
>>
>>377315617

>asspull on Apollo's friend

Stop this meme
I would argue T&T made an asspull about Phoenix suddenly having an ex girlfriend that is also related to Pearls and Maya
>>
>>377315617
>Giving characters more depth is an asspull
Is not an asspull, is just lack of foreshadowing or more specifically bad writing.

The only game who has genuine good writing in the entire series is AAI2 though, so that's a pretty stupid complain.
>>
>>377315609
>But it is easily the weakest
No, that would be 2. It may have the best case in the series but it also has three very dull ones.

>>377315809
Considering how big a part Clay apparently played in Apollo's life it is complete bullshit that we never heard about him until he was murdered. Fuck, we played as Apollo in first person for an entire game without hearing a single mention of his "best friend". It's an asspull, a retcon, whatever the fuck you want to call it. It's lazy, poor writing.
>>
>>377313240
this is accurate
>>
>>377316016
We played as Phoenix for three games before hearing anything about his murderous girlfriend or how he actually knew Grossberg and already stood trial once despite everything AA1 said.
>>
>>377315617
>complaining about "asspulls"
do you not realize that every single case in the series has turnabout in the name and that "asspulls" are just a quirk of japanese writing
>>
>>377315393
The 2nd case in DD is SO fucking annoying. I have no patience for the supernatural shit and the characters are horribly irritating
>>
>>377316016

Turnabout Samurai not being as much of a clusterfuck as bigtop doesn't change the fact that it is so fucking boring that people easily forget that it exists

Cases 1 and 2 are literally handholding, did you REALLY need Mia to save your ass against White?
>>
>>377316363

>supernatural shit
>Monstrous turnabout

The entire point of the case is to go Layton/Scooby Doo style to prove how normal it is
>>
>>377316559
>Turnabout Samurai not being as much of a clusterfuck as bigtop doesn't change the fact that it is so fucking boring that people easily forget that it exists

I don't know, Edgeworth going full "Dare I say, Ergo..." trying to win time was pretty funny.
>>
>>377316363
>supernatural
Are you talking about the case or how high you retardation is?
>>
AJ is a good game, why does it get the hate it does?

Kristoph going REEEEEEEE is funny and makes him a good villain
>>
File: AA tier list.png (1MB, 928x1473px) Image search: [Google]
AA tier list.png
1MB, 928x1473px
>>377313240
Agreed
>>
>>377316717
That moment is when the game goes from okay to great, and it lasts through the end of it.
>>
>>377316898
since you posted your pic again in my thread I will just say I think layton and jfa should be swapped
>>
Considering that AAI1 was shit while AAI2 was god tier, any chance of the same happening to DGS2?
>>
SoJ is just AAI2 for people who can't run a patch of the Japanese game. Replace SoJ with PLvsAA
>>
>>377316898

Put JFA down to good

IMO the last case being great doesn't make up for the other 3 being meh
>>
>>377317240
there is always a chance that an ace attorney game will be amazing ofc
but we'll be waiting until 2021 to know for sure because of how long fan translations take
>>377317276
lol
>>
Are any of the AA games actually bad? The only one I haven't played is DGS, and apart from PLvAA I can't really say there was any game I didn't have a good time going through.
>>
>>377313240
>6
huh
>>
File: file.png (649KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
649KB, 728x546px
good quality scan never ;_;
>>
>>377317586
Not really.

Even the worst games (DGS, AJ, JFA) are decent.
>>
>>377317778
What book is that from
>>
Never understood the praise for the AAI games. Both were ok at best, with a lot of tedious bits.
>>
DGS fan translation never.
>>
>>377317969
>book
it's from the very recent 15th anniversary ace attorney art gallery in tokyo
>>
>>377317778

Based Godot being casual as fuck
>>
>>377318153
It'll be put in a book eventually.
>>
>>377317778
Franz a cute
>>
File: hg4iv5f862qy[1].jpg (379KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
hg4iv5f862qy[1].jpg
379KB, 2048x1536px
>>377318337
I hope you're right.
>>
hi dont die again please
>>
>>377316648
yeah, poorly explained my point.

But my feelings when I played it was that so much time was wasted talking to retard characters who believe in superstition, and it was up to me to prove why it wasn't real. felt really annoying to me
>>
lupadim
>>
>Kenji 2

I will never feel good about where this shit is placed because I feel like people fetishize it because there was never an official localization
>>
>>377313240
SoJ doesn't deserve that place though, otherwise I agree.
>>
>>377320516
it's just good you autist
every single case is quite entertaining, and case 3, 4, and 5 are all fucking crazy
>>
>>377320516
It's just really well written without the need of any magic mumbo jumbo like other games.
>>
File: 2141231224.png (159KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
2141231224.png
159KB, 498x278px
>>377317778
>No Pearls
Maya and Gumshoe are looking' fine as fuck though
>>
>>377320907
I don't think pearl really fits the image of formal attire.
>>
>>377320825

No magic makes the contrived coincidences even shittier tbqh
>>
>>377321374
>contrived coincidences
Oh so you don't like the ace attorney series as a whole then?
>>
>>377321347
That's just why she's prefect for it
>>
>>377321374
Thats not new, Apollo's existence is already a chain of contrived coincidences.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1494x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1494x1080px
oh, someone scanned their print on jap twitter. scan needs cleaning but it looks nice.
>dem franzy tits
>>
why can't my ace attorney thread live ;_;
>>
>>377316559
>did you REALLY need Mia to save your ass against White?
I really hated this because all she did was tell him to turn over a piece of paper. Like, what the fuck Wright? Pressure's on and all but are you really dumb enough to not look at both sides of a piece of evidence?
Up to that point it's a pretty great case, though. They did a great job of making Redd seem completely infallible

>>377316880
That's really not anyone's issue with AJ. The last case ends on a total anticlimax with the stupid juror system (that retroactively became even dumber since it was dropped), Apollo is introduced as a new protagonist but he acts like a watered-down Phoenix from the original trilogy and Phoenix himself is practically a different character (though this isn't really a bad thing), the third case is one of the worst things ever made (this blind 14 year old twink totally killed this mountain of a man with a gun that would've dislocated his shoulder, NOW LETS WATCH THAT VIDEO AGAIN), and while the last case does get pretty interesting it's also kind of paradoxical bullshit considering Phoenix literally uses evidence from the future in some parts (though I think they just failed to convey what was actually happening here and the concept wasn't THAT bad).

All in all the real issue is that the writing falls flat where it didn't in previous games and that issue is (was) amplified by the fact that it came out a long time after the original trilogy.
>>
last bump before i give up
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.