[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games that really make you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: 1494710657613.jpg (2MB, 1280x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1494710657613.jpg
2MB, 1280x3600px
What are some games that really make you think?
>>
>>377313080
>Protecting every form of free speech
>Having cons
>>
>>377313214

Full freedom is always shit anon
>>
File: 1492590842417.png (383KB, 793x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492590842417.png
383KB, 793x301px
Purse owner 5
>>
>>377313350
What cons are there to freedom of speech?
>>
>>377313080
Bloodborne. I usually have to keep track of several enemies along with their ranges at once, and bosses require being able to predict the attacks they will use.
Later in the game I even had to start planning ambushes to be able to kill dudes without having a group after me.
>>
>>377313749
Someone might tell their KKK friends openly on the internet where you live and you might be black
>>
>>377313749
Retards who say stupid shit
Woulb be better of if they could not
>>
>>377313749
You being a faggot
>>
>>377313350
>>377313864
t. sjws/antifa with hurt feelings
>>
>>377313780
time to get high and replay this
>>
>>377313350
Freedom of speech is only shit for the government.

>>377313857
You can actually be tried for this.
>>
>>377313749
>everywhere becomes a literally carbon copy of /b
Hmmm
>>
>>377314057
Rules have nothing to do with free speech.
>>
File: feb.jpg (16KB, 540x255px) Image search: [Google]
feb.jpg
16KB, 540x255px
>>377313080
>Disgaea 5
>making you think at all
No
>>
>>377313857
Inciting acts of violence is not protected by free speech.
>>
>>377314028
>You can actually be tried for this.
Freedom of speech. A group of people telling you to leave nigger protesting outside is freedom of speech. It is not illegal to gain your information when you give iy out just by connecting to the internet.
>>
>>377314057
Are you dense? That's freedom of speech + anonymity. We already have freedom of speech in the only country that matters.
>>
>>377313350
Freedom of speech until I am butthurt
>>
>>377314357
That's why it specifies "every form of free speech"

There are forms of free speech that are harmful to people and harmful to society, and the worst of these are regulated as such.
>>
>>377313780
But it's the easiest of the souls series. And every a ton game can be described like that.
>>
>>377314421
If you put that information out on the internet for everyone to see, it becomes difficult to bring anyone up on charges. If there's a single barrier to entry, like only being visible to friends on social media, then providing that information to others without that person's consent is called doxing, and it's illegal.
>>
>>377314765
(((who))) decides what speech is harmful? the same people who decided the OK hand gesture and Pepe the frog? because i'm pretty sure they're just big babies who can't stand their feelings being hurt and their presidential candidate being made look bad.

it's only harmful if you have something to gain by silencing people.
>>
>>377313080
I want to combat the decreases in birth rates with that bunny.
>>
>>377314443
Talking about full freedoms.
>>
File: protect this squid.jpg (149KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
protect this squid.jpg
149KB, 576x576px
>>377314157
How does it rank compared to the other disgaeas?
>>
>>377314765
You technically do have the right to say violent things and not be brought up on criminal charges if they don't lead to actual violence. Even personal threats mostly lead to restraining orders.
>>
>>377315078
>(((who))) decides what speech is harmful?
Obviously this guy >>377314357
>>
>>377314928
>connect to game
>shows your ip on its servers
boy that was hard
>>
>>377315197
people SHOULD have the right to deny the holocaust from existing.

because all that SHOULD be required is to refute their claims with evidence and then justly mocking them.

but because laws exist that punishes non believers, it gives these idiots a reason to think there is validity to the denial side. it's harmful to censor any thought because of unintended consequences like that.
>>
File: Nippon.Ichi.full.739004.jpg (408KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nippon.Ichi.full.739004.jpg
408KB, 800x800px
>>377315253
Great gameplay which is probably the best in the series but, aside from the original Asagi, a shit cast and story.
>>
>>377313749
People could call in bomb threats without fear of prosecution.
People could falsely advertise their products without fear of legal action.
People could leak government secrets without possible repercussions.
Terrorist organizations could promote acts of terror by publicizing and promoting methods of creating explosive ordinances without having to make it obscure enough that action will not be taken.
Hate groups could freely organize and threaten segments of the population without risk.
This is why not all forms of free speech are protected.
>>
File: character_pure_pink_img01.jpg (78KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
character_pure_pink_img01.jpg
78KB, 640x360px
>>377315253
Gameplay is the best out of the series
Story is the worst and worst character's
>>
People who start these threads should be publicly banned
>>
SOMEONE POST MALE HEALER ALREADY
>>
>>377315746
It's still interesting to note that most of those would fall under another crime before before being protected by freedom of speech.
>>
File: 1470024708304.jpg (1MB, 1230x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1470024708304.jpg
1MB, 1230x1230px
>>377315956
Here you go.
>>
>>377316098
It's not really that interesting, it literally only means that a law can have precedence over freedom of speech.
>>
>>377315840
>Story is the worst and worst character's
5's story is shit but DD2 is way worse
>>
>>377316397
generally it's to protect lives and property in those cases, which should be the point. you can say something but if those words were to incite violence then there will be hell to pay.

but lately it seems that some people can just get away with all of this because they're on (((the right side of history)))
>>
>>377313080
>playstation button icons
lmao just get the switch version with all the dlc included
>>
>>377315746
>People could call in bomb threats without fear of prosecution.
There is a difference between a random person saying there's a bomb in the bank to his friend, and someone calling the bank itself and announcing a bomb there.

>People could falsely advertise their products without fear of legal action.
There is a difference between telling your dumb friends that cola has absolutely no sugar and the company in question broadcasting it.

>People could leak government secrets without possible repercussions.
Most people who have access to these government secrets also have to sign a contract/terms of agreement with them.

These sort of things, like signing papers and hiring yourself to a company obviously have precedence over "absolute" freedom of speech, because you gave your consent. Just like someone is fully justified to kick you out of his company/building, despite how much you'd scream that you want freedom of speech to talk about whatever there.

>Hate groups could freely organize and threaten segments of the population without risk.
How? Freedom of speech is nothing more than talking. Organizing a group, stalking and beating the shit out of other people is not in any way limited to just "speech". Those are crimes of their own right, unrelated to FoS.
>>
>>377316727
>buy a $300 switch + the $60 game
>>
>>377315253
>>377315840
>>377315668
>best gameplay in the series
Are you kidding? A lot of the new systems they added are complete garbage, weren't thought through well at all, and most of their revamps of old mechanics made them significantly worse or straight up redundant. There is no balance there whatsoever.
D5 has by FAR worse gameplay than the remakes of D3 and D4,
>>
While you folks are here, how do you feel about NIS' DLC tactics?
Does any of the shit they release appeal to you?
>>
>>377316915
>Need to buy a $400 PS4pro + $60 game + dlc
I feel sorry for retards like you.
>>
>>377317027
Not a fan. Granted I don't usually use story characters anyway, but gutting the post game cameo fights just to make them DLC is pretty damn low.
>>
>>377317027
I think their dlc practices are some of the most jewish things on the planet. Instead of these characters being post game like in older titles but they reuse character models and abilities from a previous game and resell it.
>>
>>377316913
Woah, you're saying freedom of speech has different forms of regulation based on its ability to negatively impact the population? That's crazy, man, I can't believe I didn't think to imply that in my original post.
>>
>>377317160
you need the ps4pro to play a ps1 game? wow
>>
>>377313864
You should start by shutting up
>>
>>377317027
I don't mind them having lots of DLC as long as the base game doesn't suffer from it and they don't lock fan favorite characters behind the season pass. Without the DLC D5 had barely any postgame content at all, even with it there is very little to do. Instead of making all these characters DLC they would have been much better off working some of their maps into the base game.
>>
>>377313857
Speech that causes violence or harassment is not protected under the 1st amendment. That's why liberals can't tell you to burn down the Governor's mansion because he's a republican
>>
>>377315746
>People could falsely advertise their products without fear of legal action.
No Mans Sky got off the hook for this even when it was a total scam

>People could leak government secrets without possible repercussions.
Happens daily, sometimes even by governments that follow that law

>Terrorist organizations could promote acts of terror by publicizing and promoting methods of creating explosive ordinances without having to make it obscure enough that action will not be taken.
ISIS jewtube vids

>Hate groups could freely organize and threaten segments of the population without risk.
Antifa is somehow legal

>someone says immigration is bad in Germany
>instant 2 years of ass rape
Wow, its like governments are corrupt just like people that run them.
I better be a good goy and sign out my right to say what I think.
>>
>>377317248
>Woah, you're saying freedom of speech has different forms of regulation based on its ability to negatively impact the population?
no, because the speech is not regulated, the only crimes that exist are ones that may stem from speech.

if you should "fire" in a movie theatre, you aren't going to get arrested. now if you shout "fire" in a movie theatre and it results in a stampede that seriously injures or kills people, then you can be prosecuted. that's not a regulation on freedom of speech.
>>
>>377317525
those stories about "it's ok to punch a nazi" opened a can of worms on these people and how this topic is as fucking relevant as it is in the current year.
>>
>>377313749
fanatics can tell your kid to convert and freedom of speech makes it impossible to get out of it.
>>
>>377317248
>Woah, you're saying freedom of speech has different forms of regulation based on its ability to negatively impact the population?

That's implied.

I'm saying that broadcasting a statement to the general public as a commercial does not fall under "speech" from freedom of speech. There are certain terms of agreement you sign when making it, which again represents consent on your part to give it up as such.

I am not against the point you make, just against the examples you listed, which are doltish.

Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is a much better example of "freedom of speech" that is not protected because of the consequences it provides. Leaking secrets you were given by the government and advertising your product, not so much.
>>
File: lets unlearn freedom.png (882KB, 1403x1022px) Image search: [Google]
lets unlearn freedom.png
882KB, 1403x1022px
>a dur a dur dur dur
>freedumbs is dangerous xdd muh freeze peaches lol xXDdd
pic related and now kill yourselves, non-americans
>>
>>377317625
So you're saying that I can go on national TV and broadcast a show encouraging people to go out and lynch niggers, offering methods of targeting the ideal nigger candidate and showing the proper way to noose 'em up and only suffer an FCC fine as long as no one actually lynches a nigger as a result of my actions?

Except that's not how it fucking works, the speech posesses an inherent danger that presents a threat to the population regardless of the actual results, and it IS regulated.
>>
>>377318007
this is just anti-racism equals anti-white.

what disturbs me though is the canadian government is funding memes to be circulated.
>>
>>377313214

>wah wah i can't call people niggers without consequence, i've never left the house in my adult life so i don't see why this is a problem
>>
>>377317864
>18 U.S. Code § 798 - Disclosure of classified information
>(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

>15 U.S. Code § 52 - Dissemination of false advertisements
>(a) Unlawfulness - It shall be unlawful for any person, partnership, or corporation to disseminate, or cause to be disseminated, any false advertisement—
>(2) By any means, for the purpose of inducing, or which is likely to induce, directly or indirectly, the purchase in or having an effect upon commerce, of food, drugs, devices, services, or cosmetics.

These things have explicit regulations in US law that are not simply a result of breach of contract. Try again.
>>
>>377313749
"Hurt" feelings.
>>
>>377318425
>wah wah whitey should go to jail for offending me
>*smacks lips*
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.