[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MisterRogers autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is MisterRogers autistic?
>>
No but you are.
>>
>>377309119
> /v/ - video games
>>
>>377309119
No.

Don't hate on Mr. Rogers. He's a fucking legend and had done more with his life than you ever fucking will.
>>
File: 1443530607506.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443530607506.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>377310034
>twitch
>not video games
rekt
>>
>>377310210
>streaming Mr. Rogers
>video games
rekt
>>
>>377310150
Anon, there is nothing wrong with being autistic. I like him as well, and i'm new to this show considering that i'm from europoor.
>>
>>377310283
are you autistic anon?
>>
>>377310353
I don't know if you understand what the significance of free public television was to the United States during the 70's, 80's and 90's, but Mr. Rogers did a LOT of good for everyone. Every single show was uplifting in the best way. Every episode of the show was intelligent and did not pander to children in the way that Barney or Sesame Street did

Mr. Rogers decided to be a children's television show host because he was a Marine, in the US Military. It broke him down having to yell at people and raise his voice and demand things from people, so he decided to start a show where he didn't have to yell, and he could impact people's lives in a positive manner, in the way that he had been treated when he was a child.

While you're watching the twitch streams, keep an eye out for when Mr. Rogers starts describing the actions he does at the start of each episode. He narrates himself throughout his entire routine, and feeding his fish. The reason why he did that is because a young fan of his wrote into the show and told him that she was visually impaired and was worried that he was forgetting to feed his fish on each episode. He decided to let the audience, and specifically this one girl, know that he was feeding the fish, just because he knew that it would impact one life, positively.

When funding for public television was threatening to be pulled from the government budget, Mr. Rogers actually went to congress and gave a speech that basically saved public television, permanently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q

In 1997, Mr Rogers gave a speech as he was awarded an Emmy for his lifetime achievement on public television. During this speech, there was hardly a single dry eye in the house. Every single person in that room either had been touched or knew someone who had been touched by Fred Rogers. It still stands as one of the most powerful acceptance speeches that's ever been given. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM
>>
>>377311240
>>377310150
>>>reddit
>>
>>377311240
Your getting your icons mixed up bro. Bob Ross served in the military as a drill instructor, not Rogers. Dude was just a nice guy.
>>
>>377311465
>just say reddit and those people I hate will go away
>>
>>377311471
Shit, you're right. I had heard rumors that Mr. Rogers was in the military, and I've been up for over 24 hours, so it blurred together. The rumor was that he was a Navy SEAL.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/mrrogers.asp

Disregarding that, everything else I said is basically true. He's an incredibly influential person and i could not be happier that Twitch is exposing more people to him. This is definitely the generation that actually needs something like that in their lives.
>>
>>377312041
Thanks for the informational posts anon. I really wish that i were able to watch this show as a child. It's very educational and fun desu.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.