[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Flags/Signs to Drop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 337hju54.jpg (144KB, 709x476px) Image search: [Google]
337hju54.jpg
144KB, 709x476px
Tags, titles, descriptions, developers, anything that puts you off from getting a game. I'll start.

>it's like dark souls
>>
>Rouglike
>BUT IT HAS PERSISTENT UNLOCKS!

feels like they entire missed the appeal of the genre
>>
>RogueVania
>Souls-lite
>Rogue-lite
>>
How much normalfags like it.
>>
"quirky"
"wacky"
>>
File: 5l3pc[1].jpg (25KB, 556x411px) Image search: [Google]
5l3pc[1].jpg
25KB, 556x411px
LOW FUCKING FPS EVEN THOUGH GRAPHICS LOOK LIKE 2005

FUCKING PUBG
>>
File: c39.jpg (20KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
c39.jpg
20KB, 352x450px
>Survival
>>
>>377306471
>it's like dark souls
theres a twitter account dedicated to shit like that

https://twitter.com/xmeetsdarksouls
>>
Early access
>>
>cinematic
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (42KB, 282x565px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
42KB, 282x565px
>>377306471
guess the game
that's right! it's one of 500 identical piece of shit games on steam
>>
>>377306471
Hype and dlc pre launch.
>>
>>377306471
when they have to bring some has-been composer who hasn't done anything in 10 years
>>
"We want to appeal to a wider audience"
>>
>>377306471
reboot
>>
>Activision, EA, Ubisoft
>Open World
>Only online multiplayer
>Loot box
>Anything with sports or racing
>Souls like
>Minecraft like
>>
File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
>>377307069
Forgot pic.
>>
>>377307123
Rest in peace The Secret World.
>>
>>377306471
>30fps lock
>Framerate drops
>Battle royale
>>
File: 1340564215635.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1340564215635.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>30 fps
>cinematic
>AAA
>>
>>377307227
>Ubisoft
>Only online multiplayer
Rainbow 6 is good though
>>
>Early access
>Survival
>Zombies
>Kickstarter
>>
>It's like (popular game) mixed with (popular game)!
>>
File: 1386879516652.gif (2MB, 340x190px) Image search: [Google]
1386879516652.gif
2MB, 340x190px
>>377306471
>It has pay DLCs of ANY type
>It has microtransactions
>It's not finished but isn't free

Those are ALL any person with half a brain would find unacceptable, if any other tag/ characteristic/ mechanic/ genre/ whatever doesn't allow you to play nor enjoy a game, you just don't like to play games, but to shitpost over the internet about games.

Please stop posting and lurk until you develop a little of rationality, nu-/v/
>>
>>377306793
This is really all that matters.
>>
>>377306471
Procedurally Generated

Aka; we don't know how to design a fun map, so just wait until a good seed happens. If nothing good comes up it's not our fault; get good or get lucky ;)
>>
>Newest game in a series
>Now open world for no reason
>>
>>377307846
>It has pay DLCs of ANY type
>It has microtransactions

I think it depends on the DLC. Something like $5.99 for horse armor or $29 for 5 maps is totally unacceptable, but then looking at a game like New Vegas its paid DLCs are perfectly fine, because they add so much content.

Microtransactions also aren't a dealbreaker to me unless the game isn't free. I get it, freemium shit and devs need paychecks, but a full price AAA release should not have a fucking paystore ever under any circumstances.
>>
>kickstarter from known dev
>>
>>377306671
What's wrong with persistent unlocks?
Should everything just be unlocked from the get go?
I haven't played one that didn't have them so I'm just curious as to what the alternative is.
>>
>>377307846
>Getting mad a game has microtransations
>Being upset about a game getting literal free money from trust fund babies and retards

Come on man, it's free money; no shit they'd do it
>>
>>377309592
You start from scratch and you find shit through drops and exploration, sometimes seller purchases like every good and true roguelike.
>>
>'Has all your favorite characters'
>Doesn't have the character you wanted in the game
>>
>>377309592
>What's wrong with persistent unlocks?
Nothing. They're not what I play roguelikes for.

>>377309592
>Should everything just be unlocked from the get go?
Yes.

I play roguelikes to try and get through a hard game adjusting my strategy v what the game throws at me, gradually improving not because I have more stuff to fight the game with but because I as a player got better.

Roguelikes with persistent unlocks go directly against the entire reason I bother with the genre at all. Some people have started using 'roguelites' as a name for games that do this which I appreciate since it gives me some indication its not what I'm looking for.

When I play DCSS and die I don't get +this thing can drop in a run, +perma stats to my char or anything like that and the game is also not balanced around having to unlock the fun toys. I simply need to play the game and find them. Its fun.

The games with persistent unlocks also have the issue where the game feels very limited when you start out. I don't want to lose a bunch before the game becomes varied enough to be fun. I want to spawn in and immediately right off the bat have the ability to find and do and be screwed over by everything.
And when I die? I want to lose everything. Every run is seperate entirely. This to me is why its fun
>>
>>377309873
Oh okay, thought you meant unlocks for potential items to find. I didn't realize you meant persistent unlocks for when you start a run; that's retarded and defeats the purpose.
>>
>story never goes anywhere
>>
>>377306471
Praised by /v/
>>
>>377306909

>we wanted the game to look good so we locked it at 10FPS

I'd honestly prefer the game to run at 60FPS even if it's missing out on some shit like crappier shadows or whatever. To me, poor performance is the biggest immersion breaker.
>>
>all threads about the game on /v/ are waifu threads
>>
>>377306471
If I'm not having fun

Also really shitty lol so wacky "humor"
>>
>>377308487

I know the Western release of Trio of Towns is planned to get paid DLC which were free content updates in the JP version. But the reasoning is that the amount of work for XSEED to translate the DLC is basically the equivalent of an entire game so they have to charge for it or not bring it at all.

Which I think it's fair. They've thoroughly explained why and it's a pretty niche series in the West.

I don't outright have a issue with DLC, so long as it isn't full jew.
>>
>open world but the AI has only 3 states; neutral, running away or firing at you
JC2 is fun but the world feels artificial and creepy

>water
>deep water
>creatures in deep water
>man-made stuff in deep water
nope
>>
>>377306471
>it's like dark souls
>roguelike
>competitive multiplayer
>it's like an easier civ
>open world
>cosmetic dlc
>early access
>kickstarter
>anything with sea and water
>anything with post apocalyptic
>anything
>everything
>>
File: 1449496074613.png (157KB, 298x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449496074613.png
157KB, 298x240px
>competitve
>esport
>>
>>377306471
>Game is made exclusively by Murifats or Asiashits
>Port by Namco
>Its top 10 on twitch
>there are more than 1 thread about on /v/ at any given time
>is episodic
>the genre includes "lite" or "like"
>"souls" are mentioned
>"its the X of Y genre"
>early access
>f2p
>casual
>30 fps
>game is made with a focus on consoles
>popular woman youtuber/streamer plays it before launch
>ultra normalfag acquaintance mentions it
I covered pretty much everything
>>
>>377306471
what the fuck is that picture true?
>>
>>377306471
(((((((Cryengine))))))
>>
>indie
>story driven
>cinematic experience
>sjw
>pixel art
>soulslike
>open world
>action game with rpg elements
>something for old and new players alike
>streamer friendly
>multiplayer only
>horror
>cyberpunk
>anime
>cuhraayzeee/that fat bold japanese idiot on twitter
>old school/retro/nostalgia
>dlc
>in-game currency
>console exclusive
>nintendo
>blizzard
>valve
>miyamoto
>sakamoto
>>
>Roguelike
99% of the time it has nothing to do with Rogue apart from procedural generation and permadeath, which is shit anyway because indie devs don't bother putting effort into making their generation good, and permadeath is usually circumvented by upgrade permanence (what a fucking meme)

It'd be like calling Skyrim a fucking "D&Dlike"
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.