[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disgaea on switch bombed in Japan >already a massive success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 20

File: disgaea five.jpg (221KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disgaea five.jpg
221KB, 1280x720px
>Disgaea on switch bombed in Japan
>already a massive success in the west when it's not even out yet

what does it mean?
>>
>>377289714
Japs are real srpg fans and the west are casual shitters.
>>
Gee it couldn't be because Japan has the population size of a small U.S. town, could it?
>>
>>377289923
>Japs are real srpg fans
Wait, Japs love Western SRPGs like XCOM and JA2? Because they sure as hell haven't produced any good SRPGs ever.
>>
Because all the nips who wanted disgaya already bought it.
>>
>>377290019
>Gee it couldn't be because Japan has the population size of a small U.S. town, could it?

Japan has 1/3 of the population of the USA, 127 million in 2017.
>>
>>377289714
It means PC versions of all Disgaea games are coming, boys!
>>
File: 1490171295037.jpg (33KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1490171295037.jpg
33KB, 500x417px
>>377290051
>JA2

Good shit right there
>>
>>377289714
You see.... Japan views Disgaea is the type of game where you would typically play on a handheld since it's mostly just CGs and sprites. No need for real powerful hardware. Handheld is popular in Japan so why not?

So many Disagea fans are just waiting for a handheld version of Disgaea 5. Specially a vita version. When the CEO came out saying it's impossible to make Disgaea 5 because of how shitty the specs are on the vita.... many japanese fans see that as pure BULL FUCKING SHIT. I don't blame them, it's a fucking sprite animu game, not some top of the line 3d graphics like Final Fantasy.

The CEO of NIS is a dumb fuck who doesn't understand his own niche market.
>>
>>377290051
>Because they sure as hell haven't produced any good SRPGs ever.

Nigga, they pretty much reinvented SRPG and made it popular when they created FF Tactics.
>>
Isn't this game like several years old now already?
>>
>>377290335
>FF Tactics
>reinvented SRPG
>>
>>377290335
>FF Tactics.

if reinventing means dumbing down
>>
>>377289714
Japan's gamer population is shrinking.
>>
File: 20170517_130821[2].jpg (531KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_130821[2].jpg
531KB, 1594x897px
>He hasn't downloaded it off the JP e-shop to spite NISA and their delayed release garbage.
>>
>>377290276
https://youtu.be/xQS4zHI1_uk?t=234
Pretty sure the Vita would blow up trying to run this fight, as D4's item world already gave it issues.
You sound like someone who bought a Vita and regretted it, and I'm sorry, but since D5 was announced, NIS said it would not be getting a Vita port, and they kept saying this long after the game came out.
>>
>>377290529
I certainly did
>>
>>377290335
>points to a game that shits on the genre by removing several key SRPG elements

I like FF Tactics too but you're still a filthy fucking weeb.
>>
>>377290276
They would probably have to make accommodations for Vita. Switch is just a 1-1 port.
>>
>oh hey, the english version of the game has Jap audio, thank god
>download the demo to try it (never played Disgaea)
>can't switch audio tracks
Fuck you, I can't stand these English talentless hacks.
>>
>>377290649
That's so weird, I wonder why you can't switch voices. Consider me bothered.
>>
>>377290019
American education on display here.
>>
>>377290335
>they pretty much reinvented SRPG and made it popular when they created FF Tactics.
Is this a joke? FFT is absolute trash mechanics and balance wise along with most of the well memed Japanese SRPGs like Fire Emblem or TOLUCT. The main reason why most Japanese SRPGs are utter dogshit is because the games do not have any sort of proper level scaling or incremental level caps while allowing you to grind endlessly by repeating non-story missions, which eliminates any and all challenge as well as curbstomps the feeling of character progression. Japanese SRPGs are literally the bottom of the barrel trash compared to the Western and Russian SRPG entries like XCOM games, JA2, Silent Storm, Temple of Elemental Evil and some others. Even the newer Western SRPGs like Expeditions games, Shadowrun Chronicles, Mordheim, King's Bounty (it's arguable that KB games belong to the SRPG genre, but they have most of the elements), Battle Brothers and some others completely BTFO any Jap trash when it comes to actual gameplay mechanics and challenge.
>>
>>377290697
I think it's just for the demo, the option is there in the settings, but it's disabled. Still pretty annoying.
>>
>>377290697
because it's a demo that didn't include japanese voices so it could stay small. The ps4 demo was exactly the same.
>>
File: That's it.jpg (105KB, 1040x951px) Image search: [Google]
That's it.jpg
105KB, 1040x951px
>>377290649
It's unfortunate in Japanese though because the dialogue during combat like all the various character shoutouts gets no subs. I kept it in English. It's honestly pretty fun. I don't know why you want or expect particularly deep or nuanced voicework in such a silly game.

>>377290697
Demo excluded it for size reason obviously.
>>
>>377290335
FFT revolutionized a genre by doing what Fire Emblem, Shining Force, Front Mission, Langrisser and Tactics Ogre already had?
>>
>>377290743
Oh fuck it's that dude that shitposts in Disgaea threads because it doesn't level scale, don't give him your (you)s.
>>
>>377290276
But then why do all the console versions sell better than the portable versions even in Japan?
>>
TBS>>>>>>>>>SRPG
Prove me wrong
>>
>>377290773
Did the PS4 version say the buttons in the tutorials or were they just lazy and cut those voice clips out from the Switch version?
>>
>>377290276
>slowdown even on PS4 version
>"lol guiz it should have been in a handheld, it doesn't need power"
>>
>>377290832
>>377290832
>Disgaea doesn't level scale
And that's precisely why it's trash. Sure, you can try to pass bills to increase monster levels in the game, but the whole system is a fucking mess, because the game doesn't tell you how much the monster levels increase before the bill is passed, so you end up with a retarded rollercoaster of difficulty by manually passing the bills, instead of a smooth ride, due to the passage of said bills resulting in monster levels being all over the place.
>>
>>377291039
Switch version is 1 for 1 the Ps4 version, anon, if it's not on the Switch edition it's not on the PS4. Not all of the tutorial lines are voiced, especially if the characters are talking on the battlefield, this has been the case since D1.
>>
>>377290051
And yet the fact that the low end Jap shit sells like hotcakes in the west means the original point about casuals still stands.
>>
>>377290743
LMAO. Those western games are just shitty copies that never reach the mechanical and gameplay depth of FFT/TO or Disgaea.
There's a reason why absolute nobody is looking at western games when looking at mechanics.
All western games are shit mechanically. Thats a fact.
>>
>>377290985
>TBS>>>>>>>>>SRPG
>prove me wrong
Two words: King's Bounty, uless you consider it a TBS, in which case you may be slightly right.
>>
>>377290985
TBS are just SRPGs by incompetent devs who couldn't be bother to come up with unique and deep mechanics on their own.
>>
>>377291185
>ToEE
>never reach the mechanical and gameplay depth of FFT/TO or Disgaea.
I know weebs are retarded, but DAIUM. There's no ta single Japanese SRPG that comes even close to ToEE or Mordheim Mechanically.
>>
>>377291143
I meant the line is written as "Press Attack, X, and then Execute." but the voice says "Press Attack (awkward pause) and then Execute." It just seemed a bit odd to me.
>>
>>377291314
>ToEE or Mordheim
Oh god I just realized you might be not trolling after all, you're actually serious.
>mfw
Come back when your shitty d-tier rip offs can actually come up with something thats worth playing for more than 2hrs.
>>
>>377291185
>There's a reason why absolute nobody is looking at western games when looking at mechanics.
Yeah, that's why XCOM and Jagged alliance are the two SRPG franchises that have outsold any nipnog trash in the West. You are retarded.

>>377291473
Name me ONE gameplay mechanics related feature from ANY SRPG ever that is not implemented better in a Western SRPG.
>>
Japan tends to use old tech as long as they can get away with it. Note their continued use of flip phones, fax machines, Internet Explorer. They'll continue to make games for old handhelds until Sony physically bars them.
>>
>>377290276
But the Switch is a handheld. Nintendo even tells the truth about that in Japan.
>>
>>377290743

no one forces you to go back and level in those games. just play the games while enforcing your own non-grinding rule
>>
>>377292814
Name me one Japanese SRPG where the XP you get during story missions is sufficient to keep up with the enemy level increases from one story mission to another. The whole leveling system design and progression aspect is a hot, steaming pile of shit in Jap SRPGs.
>>
This >>377294702 was meant to >>377293084.
>>
>>377291694
>not that guy
Confinement/item acquiring in Phantom Brave is a neat mechanic.
>>
>>377294702
Devil Survivor?
>>
>>377292814
>Nintendo even tells the truth about that in Japan.
They call it a home console in japan.
>>
>>377291694
>ONE gameplay mechanics related feature from ANY SRPG ever that is not implemented better in a Western SRPG.
You mean one gameplay mechanics that doesn't have been copied in a more mediocre way?
Item world? Rebirth? Subpoenas? FFTs class system?
Nigger you're outclassed. Xcom is casual tier with mechanics as shallow as a puddle, which is why it heavily relies on chance. JA2 was a great game, but it has nothing to do with SRPGs such as Disgaea and TO. Also, mechanically, its weak as fuck.
>There's a reason why absolute nobody is looking at western games when looking at mechanics.
This. Platinum games with games like Bayonetta, From with Souls and NiS with Disgaea. Japan maked the mechanics that the west is trying hard to copy afterwards.
>>
File: C_4MeGaU0AALcor.jpg (17KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
C_4MeGaU0AALcor.jpg
17KB, 512x512px
>>377289714
Every disgaea game sells better in the west
>>
Japan should learn to design their games for the west, with the exception of their anime mmos that all look like monster hunter. They can stay jap only.

Also tweek your visual novels so they have puzzles and twists like Zero Escape. Keep in the hentai.
>>
File: Silent_Storm_box.jpg (577KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Storm_box.jpg
577KB, 1080x1080px
>>377290335
>FF Tactics
>STRATEGYrpg
You're cute and wrong.
>>
>>377295264
S in SRPG actually stands for Simulation in Japan. True story.
>>
File: 1397682649974.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1397682649974.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>377295403
Okay, you got me.

What's FFT simulating?
>>
>>377295468
A strategy game.
>>
>>377290609
>Pretty sure the Vita would blow up trying to run this fight

Anon, if this was dynasty warriors with all units moving all at once, i'd agree with you. But this is a fucking turn based game with 1 unit at a time.

There is no fucking way that the vita won't be able to run this shit. And it's not even 3d graphics. How the fuck could you even think this vita can't handle this?
>>
Even the PS4 version didn't do so great in Japan, so I don't see why a re-release would do any better.
>>
>>377295007
>Every disgaea game sells better in the west

You might as well say every game ever sells better in the west since you aren't taking into account that the west has a much bigger population than japan.
>>
>>377295506
Well played.
>>
>>377295508
Same reason Monster Monpiece drops frames.
No one gives enough of a shit to optimize it and updates aren't worth it.
>>
>>377295641
sure it will have a few drop in frames, but honestly who cares. This isn't a action or fighting game where every frame counts. I'm sure they can still make it playable on the vita.
>>
>>377294958
>Item world?
Random mission generator that is basically another way of grinding.

>Rebirth?
A respeccing method that promotes casual and thoughtless respeccing without consequences and ACTUALLY GIVES YOU BONUSES FOR RESPECCING, LMAO. This is singlehandedly the most casual and dogshit mechanic in the entire Disgaea series.

>FFTs class system?
>class system
LMAO. Good SRPGs have moved away from class-based character progression ages ago, this is a dogshit archaic mechanic that was thrown out with the bathwater in Western SRPGs ages ago and for good reason.

>Xcom is casual tier with
LMAO, XCOM is more hardcore than any nipnog SPRG trash simply because it does not allow thoughtless grinding without consequences to, because every mission is deadly and good soldiers need a long time to be trained again, so you can easily dig your own grave by having to fight Ethereals with a bunch of noobs.

>JA2
>nothing to do with SRPGs
You are retarded. SRPG = turn based squad tactics game. The fact that nipnog mongoloids call such games "SRPGs" is irrelevant, because they're basically the same.

> From with Souls
A Blade of Darkenss rip-off, congratulations. And no, gameplay mechanics wise, Souls games have nothing to do with King's Field.

>Platinum games with games like Bayonetta
A shitty action game that sold like utterd dogshit on PC, because PC gamers have actual standards? LMAO, it's trash.

>NiS with Disgaea
One of the worst SRPGs to ever exist due to any semblance of proper mission progression structure and attempts to have player level correspond to the challenge the game missions offer.

>Nigger you're outclassed.
Yes, Western devs are definitely outclassed by nipnog devs when it comes to the capability of shitting out garbage.
>>
>>377295829
>I'm sure they can still make it playable on the vita.
Sure, hell if they wanted to they could make it play on the 3DS if they wanted to.
The question is, do they feel that it's worth it?
>>
>>377294786
>>377294786
Item confinement in Phantom Brave is just a really fucking strange way of implementing chance based loot drops. Instead of killing a specific enemy and looting his corpse for a potentially dropped item, you confine a phantom to an item you want to keep and pray you're lucky with the rng. It's an original take on a core gameplay mechanic in any SRPG (loot progression), but, ultimately, it does nothing new.
>>
>>377294958
>Item world? Rebirth? Subpoenas? FFTs class system?
m8, ToEE and DnD video games were mentioned numerously ITT.

>>377291261
You got that the other way around you son of a bitch. Advanced Tactics:Gold>>>>>>SRPG
>>
>>377295869
>due to any semblance of proper mission progression structure
*due to not having any semblance of proper mission progression structure
>>
>>377295618
Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

>By March 2013, 3.86 million copies had been sold in Korea and Japan.
>As of June 30th, Animal Crossing: New Leaf has sold 1.19 million copies outside Japan, and a total of 5.4 million copies worldwide. This counts both retail and digital sales.
>>
>>377295869
>please list mechanics
>list mechanics
>SHIT MECHANICS LMAO
You are insufferable. You really are. I'm not surprised though. Someone too stupid to play Disgaea must be pretty mad.
Japs pioneered everything in the genre and continue to lead it, while the west is copying it to shitty degrees. Deal with it.
>>
>ITT: One dude being quite mad about western strategy rpgs being shallow shit
>>
>>377296232
>SHIT MECHANICS LMAO
You're either have the reading comprehension of a 9-year old or are pulling a strawman. The mechanics are shit, sure, but they are also nothing Western SRPGs haven't seen before and I have explained that in my post.

>Japs pioneered everything in the genre and continue to lead it
That's why XCOM games outsold and will keep outselling any nipnog SRPG trash? LMAO. YOu're a delusional weebcuck, that's pretty much it.
>>
>>377290276
>Specially a vita version

STOP. FUCKING. SAYING THIS.
>>
>>377296346
>That's why XCOM games outsold and will keep outselling any nipnog SRPG trash?
No thats because Xcom is made for the masses too stupid and ADHS ridden to play a game with deep mechanics. I.g: you
>but they are also nothing Western SRPGs
Nah they're unique. Western games try to rip them off though.
>>
>>377291067
I havent played a decent SRPG in years(the ones on Steam are all shit and lose my interest pretty quickly), so I planned to pick up another Disgaea.
If you're still around, can you elaborate on the slowdowns on PS4?
>>
File: 1493566790128.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493566790128.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>377296456
>Nah they're unique.
>random skirmish missions
>respeccing
>class based system where you can switch classes
>unique to nipnog trash
AHAHAHAHAHA. The only thing that's unique in this case is the depth of your delusion.

>No thats because Xcom is made for the masses
>appeal to a "it's popular, so it's good!" "argument" first
>get BTFO since nipnog trash is nowhere near as popular as Western SRPGs
>appeal to a "it's good, because it's not as popular"
Holy shit, you're a walking comedy goldmine.
>>
File: きつい.png (335KB, 788x1238px) Image search: [Google]
きつい.png
335KB, 788x1238px
We need to save this fucking thread, boys.
>>
>>377296138
>and a total of 5.4 million copies worldwide
A bit out of date anon.
ACNL cross the 10mil mark.
>>
>>377296640
>AHAHAHAHAHA. The only thing that's unique in this case is the depth of your delusion.
I planned to say that its your autism that is actually unique. But now that I think about it, its probably just standard autism. Quite sad. Enjoy your western "strategy"rpgs anon. Most of us prefer the real deal though.
>>
>>377296640
>item world
>random skirmish mission
Not him but you're pretty retarded are you?
>>
>>377290832
So this guy was right after all eh?
>>
>>377296531

a quick google says it's just related to playing online and the game freezes when it's communicating with Sony servers. probably just waiting for a shitty overloaded server to respond. Or, hackers getting into your ps5 to steal your credit card info.
>>
File: healer(male).jpg (216KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
healer(male).jpg
216KB, 627x885px
>>
>>377297114
Oh thats good to hear. I haven't played a proper srpg since Disgaea 3. Good to know the one in front of me isnt fucked.
>>
>>377296894
>Most of us prefer the real deal though.
LMAO. Weebcucks shit-eaters are the absolute minority of those playing SRPGs. Games like XCOM surpass any weeb trash when it comes to sheer number of copies sold, not to mention the actual quality. So, no, it is YOU who gets to enjoy being the contrarian shit-eater.

>>377296993
It's literally what it is, dumbfuck. Just another method of playing a non-story critical mission while getting a small boost to your item stats. Mechanically speaking, there is no difference between this and playing a random skirmish mission in a game like Mordheim apart from the fact that loot item progression works differently in that game and you get a chance to find better items, not improve existing ones, since that would be game-breaking and absolutely retarded and Disgaea games are famous for having no semblance of balance, be it mission difficulty or item balancing.
>>
>>377297280
>Mechanically speaking, there is no difference between this and playing a random skirmish mission in a
>continues to detail something thats completely different mechanically
Hmm
>ad populum
Yeah shame that you have to go with this argument, since Xcom is literally as deep as a fisher price toy
>>
>>377289714
>waiting years to get a game that you can already own for some time
>>
>>377290529
He doesnt already have 60+ hours played on it
>>
>>377297420
>ad populum
An argument YOU started, weebcuck, but started backpedalling the moment you realized how badly you've fucked up.

>completely different mechanically
>playing a non-story critical mission for the purpose of level and loot progression is different from playing a non-story critical mission for the purpose of level and loot progression
LMAO.
>>
File: 1482248949009.jpg (148KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
1482248949009.jpg
148KB, 953x953px
>poor sales in Japan

why are Japan such faggots

every based jrpg I've ever played, in Japan its average or shit tier to them.

What do japanese gamers consider 10/10 material then?
>>
>>377289714

It's almost like they've already played it and don't rebuy games that don't come with new content.
>>
I'm interested since I want to get more stuff for my Switch and this game looks neat, even though I've never played an SRPG before.

The demo sparked my interest, but I keep thinking that it's gonna get real complex really fast, so I'm a little concerned about jumping into the genre with this one.
>>
I enjoy disgaea for what it is but huge props to the guy singlehandedly BTFOing the army of weebs who think it's the pinnacle of SRPGs, or even close.
>>
>>377297559
>An argument YOU started
No I didn't. Your rage is confusing you.
>is different from playing a non-story critical mission for the purpose of level and loot progression with completely different mechanics
FTFY
>>
>>377297787
>who think it's the pinnacle of SRPGs,
Might not be the pinnacle of SRPGs, but its certainly deeper than anything the west has managed to copy.
>>
>>377297575
Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter.
Also, gacha mobile games.
>>
>>377289714
Is that a healer in a one-piece swimsuit I see?
>>
>>377297838
>with completely different mechanics
How are they different? You drop into a random level to fight random mobs for the purpose of advancing your character levels and getting bonuses on a specific piece of gear. How is this different from dropping into a random level to fight a random warband of more or less random composition for the purpose of advancing your character levels and getting a chance to pick up better loot than you already have or get enchantment recipes to improve your existent gear? It's exactly the same shit, except one game does the loot progression part in a non-retarded manner.

>No I didn't.
Yes, you did, weebcuck. See

>>377296894
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-02-01h20m17s975.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-02-01h20m17s975.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Serious question to Disgaea players(not the one autist shouting in this thread.)

Has there ever been a western SRPG that gripped you mechanically? Everything I tried was rather shallow and got boring quite quickly. Last thing I tried was Pit People but after 3hrs or so I lost interest.
If you have recommendations, please give them.
>>
>>377297575
This is the second re-release already. And Japs, especially the autistic NEET kind love their Vita way more than Nitnendo's Mario Machines. So it's really not that unexpected that D5 didn't sell well on Switch.
>>
>>377295869
>90% of old classics are japanese games
>like 2/3 of the best games of all times are japanese games
>admitted by western critics
>cod kiddy generation grows up, think the western "classics" they know about were ever relevant in vydia history just because in these days the market is dominated by generic western trash
>>
>>377295829
Japs is shit at making optimized software, N1 probably use the same shit they used back when they made the first disgaea.
>>
>>377298193
Yes. Most of us here do.
>How are they different?
How about everything? One is a shitty copy pasted skirmish mission for "muh content",the other is a deliberate mechanic for which players buy cetain items, then hunt for the items residents to transfer them to other items to strengthen items and turn the items into something you want.
I don't think you know what "mechanic" means. Oh and the biggest difference of course: Disgaea combat isnt shallow as fuck, so its actually engaging and fun.
>>
>>377290335
I think you mean Tactics Ogre.
There were a lot of other SRPG but the original TO (SNES PS1) really did the moving around a 3d map feel good and made use of elevation and terrain better then I've seen in other games.

FFT is kinda watered down a lot the 'tactics'.
>>
>>377298202
Does Steamworld Heist count as an SRPG?
>>
Actual question regarding the game.
How many unique (not counting dlc) story characters are there? I need to know how many generics I can make while still using all the story related in my team.
>>
>>377298262
Do you mean a reprint on PS4? It wasn't released on Vita.
>>
>>377298507
That looks pretty fun actually. Doesn't look like an SRPG though. I might pirate it to see first.
I'm a bit cautious with western games since I got burned with that horrible Battle Brothers shit.
Seriously, its like western SRPGs deliberately try to be stale.
>>
>>377295869
Who played Blade of Darkness?
I lately read people say this but I don't know anyone who ever played it and I don't see any reason to think Japanese game developers played it.

Did it sell a lot in Japan?
If not there's no reason they would pay attention to it.
>>
>>377294810
being forced to reset the game on day 3 of your first run and build an MC that can actually beat beldr is a form of grind
>>
>>377298673
Anyone who seriously thinks Souls is a Severance rip-off is an idiot though.
I played it though. I was working at a gamestore and the owner bought boxes of that game to sell online. Didn't sell though and the boxes probably still exist.
>>
>>377298629
Wasn't it? Oh, I must be confusing it with D4 then. The point is, it's a (relatively) old game already, getting a re-release on a console nobody expected it to be on. So everyone who actually wanted to play it did so a while ago on a different platform. There's no surprise it didn't sell well. It's not because Japan suddenly stopped loving their grindfest lolicon bait games.
>>
File: CZYRpetWYAA0bgG.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CZYRpetWYAA0bgG.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>>377298202
Valkyria Chronicles is easily my favourite mechanically alongside Disgaea, but chances are you've played it. If you haven't, please do.
>>
>>377298289
>90% of old classics are Western games like the first two XCOM games, 2 first JA games, Silent Storm, Temple of Elemental Evil, Syndicate, Fallout Tactics, WH40K Chaos Gate
>like 2/3 of the best games of all times are Western games
>acclaimed by Western critics
>weeaboo kiddy generation grows up, think the nipnog "classics" they know about were ever relevant in vydia history just because somewhere in the past a bunch of literal who shit-eaters said these games were "good" without those games ever actually dominating any of the Western amrkets
Fixed that for you.

>>377298361
>the other is a deliberate mechanic for which players buy cetain items, then hunt for the items enchantment recipes to upgrade those items turn them into something you want
Again, weebcuck, you have very little understanding of what "mechanics" means. The mechanic we're discussing now is the loot/item progression mechanic. The difference here is that it's implemented in a thought out, well-balanced manner in one game and in a completely retarded, game breaking manner in the other.

>Disgaea combat isnt shallow as fuck
Nice opinion, too bad it's shit.
>>
>>377298662
There is leveling up and equipment, but otherwise nothing RPG really. The game is really brisk compared to other similar games, and it's nice that there isn't an RNG to fuck over your attacks. I really recommend it if you want a strategy gawelcome's down and to the point and doesn't overstay its welcome.
>>
>>377291694
Name me ONE gameplay mechanics related feature
>>3772959480
it's an original take on a core gameplay mechanic

you literally just agreed with his point, unless you can provide another game that does loot drops better than Phantom Brave
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mqftljFciI1qz4rgp.png (206KB, 481x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mqftljFciI1qz4rgp.png
206KB, 481x288px
>there are people who will not skip the story
D5's story is just under D3 in terms of dumb bullshit and its characters are some of the most one-note in the series.
>>
>>377299000
>better
You're fucking delusional. It does it differently, like a mouthbreathing retards eats a cup of soup with a fork, doesn't mean he's doing it "better" than a normal person eating with a spoon.

>it's an original take on a core gameplay mechanic
Yes, where's the problem? The game does a thing all other games in its genre do, but is implemented in a different manner. The original question was to provide a unique gameplay feature not implemented in Western SRPGs and chancce-based loot acquisition is not a mechanic unique to nipnog SRPGs.
>>
>>377298870
>fixed that for you
except I was posting objective statistics while you are just trying to make your shitty westacuck tastes look like it is what people think.

"Deep" western games were literally just quanity over quality designvise, while.
>>
I've had Disgaea 1 on my Vita for a long time now.

Should I start it?
>>
>>377299563
The Steam version is the definitive one now, since it has ALL the bonus content including Disgaea DS. I think. But I guess the story mode is pretty much the same, so if you're only interested in that, you can play on Vita.
>>
>>377299670
Yeah well I'm not double dipping for 2% extra content and I like playing games whenever possible on a handheld.
>>
>>377298864
Yeah that one is pretty great. I played it on Ps3 and PC.

>>377299000
>>377299257
Why are you still replying to that idiot? Everybody here is on the same page, which is why he's screaming so loud. Just ignore the shitposting.
>>
>>377299257
>except I was posting objective statistics
You were posting your shit opinion pulled out of your gaping ass, nothing more. I especially laughed at the notion of some retarded weebcuck defining what the "classics" in the genre are when those "classics" were never popular in the West and have sold literally nothing compared to actual Western classics. Here's a good example: ALL Disgaea games have sold ONLY 1.7million units WORLDWIDE by the year 2011. That's absolutely pathetic. Nice "classics" you have there, weebcuck. The games you cling so feverishly on to are literal who games that sold like dogshit and are known only to autistic weebs.
>>
>>377296868
I could not find newer data that would include regional information, I'm afraid.
>>
>>377289714
What should I get? Physical vs Digital?
>99% physical
>>
File: 1402934196927.png (345KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402934196927.png
345KB, 600x800px
>>377296728

By the power of flat!
>>
>>377301952
I'd say physical, games like this tend of have very little physical prints.
>>
Do you think if possible to release Disgaea 5 Complete (all content) on Ps4 if Switch version is a sucess?
>>
>>377302796
It's already on the PS4.
It's literally just the same game with the DLC.
>>
File: 1450303302724.jpg (157KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
1450303302724.jpg
157KB, 627x885px
>>377298041
Yep
>>
>>377303391
But the PS4 DLC content is free?
>>
>>377290529
>tfw no switch because is out of stock literelly anywhere where i live
>even if a buy one the only note worthy game i could get now would ve D5 from nippon land

This is already looking like the Vita.
>>
>>377290335
One more (you), you've earned it.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.