[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jrpg fag here. I want to play a wrpg. Ive done the basic ones,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Jrpg fag here. I want to play a wrpg. Ive done the basic ones, vtmb, fallout 2, bg1. I want something classic but either immersive, well written, good rpg mechanics etc.

I was thinking somethung DnD or fantasy based, and am willing to play as far back as the gold box games as long as the 80s stuff from the west isn't Nintendo levels of cryptic.

I'd play something newer too of course
>>
gold box are too dated
>>
File: WotES.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WotES.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>
If you've played BG1 and haven't played BG2 you owe it to yourself to do so. Theres a reason it's still considered by many to be an all time great. Gold box games are just fine, but they work off of hardcore AD&D rules, which if you aren't familiar with you're probably fucked. They have no form of a tutorial or the like and the UI can be fairly convoluted. I'd also recommend Arcanum. Made by the same folks that made Fallout 1+2 it's a steampunk setting where magic and technology are at odds. Fantastic story and dialogue system that emphasise player choice.
>>
Play actual DnD you tard
>>
D&D is obsolete. play something better designed.
>>
Just play Skyrim
>>
>>377282481
>immersive
Albion, Ultima (IV onwards), Darklands
>well written
Betrayal at Krondor
>good rpg mechanics
Realms of Arkania, Wizardry (VI-VIII), Might&Magic (Xeen onwards)

Goldbox are indeed great, but I would advise to try out some other gems before those (can be very intimidating due to UI and heavy use of the manual).
>>
Well Planescape Torment, duh
>>
>>377282857
I had my eye on arcanum. I was saving bg2 as my last bioware game so I can at least pretend to leave off on a high note.

I've played some DnD before, so the more archaic stuff isn't off limits to me at all. When I decided to play dq1 to see the granddad of jrpgs I did so without fast forward or anything which takes a lot of fucking mind numbing patience.
>>
Play the Quest for Glory games
>>
>>377283124
Thanks, some stuff I've never heard of in here
>>
>>377283030
Like FATAL. Seriously all D&Dfinder after 2e is seriously bad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.