[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: logo.png (197KB, 575x261px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
197KB, 575x261px
Rooskies are making a Pathfinder CRPG.
https://owlcatgames.com/
Can it be good?
>>
Not even a little bit
>>
Isnt this what Avellone kept teasing? NV2 memers BTFO
>>
File: xqfPu-MevZ0.jpg (508KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
xqfPu-MevZ0.jpg
508KB, 2048x1536px
>>377280780
>NARRATIVE DESIGN BY CHRIS AVELLONE
Should've fucking opened with this, I'm in

And if those guys indeed have contributed to Silent Storm and Etherlords, that's a pretty damn good portfolio

> 3.5 rules set of the world's oldest fantasy roleplaying game
Oh, those "we cant name DnD" workarounds, oh well

Fucking hyped
>>
>>377280780
Well it's using the best Adventure Path, so it's got SOME potential right there. If they go HoMM with this, could be fun.
>>
>>377281032
But Rooskies!
>>377281124
>HoMM
You mean gameplay?
>>
>>377281178
>But Rooskies!
You are free to name one game that at least was close to matching Jagged Alliance 2 after 1999 apart from Rooskies' Silent Storm
>>
>>377281396
I wasn't referring to the game quality. We all know they CAN make a good game. What I was talking about is that My.com (Mail.ru) are notorious for making everything Pay2Win. Or fucking shit up with paywalls. Or cutting shit up for DLCs. I am only worried that they will fuck things up.
>>
>>377281580
Oh, that is definitely true, I concur. However, there are plenty of good developers and people there, at least there were when I was employed at mailru a few years back.

It just caught my eye that they are probably serving as publishers/investors, so yes, that could be troublesome.
>>
>>377282013
Let us hope for the best!
>>
>>377281178
Yeah, in the tabletop, Kingmaker's actual kingdom-building mechanics are fun, but get to be a hot mess after just a few game years of development. The system needs an overhaul, but it can't be dismissed or the entire point of the campaign goes out the window. If they chose either to make things more Civilization like or make things more Heroes of Might and Magic like it would probably work. But in the tabletop game you invariably ended up with a magic-item based economy where you had factories of wizards churning out wands to sell to pay for your new Cathedral so you can attract enough clerics to staff your new potion factory.

I mean, that actually worked out very well for my group since our King was a wizard, but it's rather repetitive and nonsensical if you're not aiming for a somewhat wild quasi-steampunk take on everything. The role of natural resources such as the gold and silver mines should've been greatly enhanced, or trade routes, so there's a viable alternative to applying the industrial revolution to enchanted swords.

Either that, or just embrace it and explore the wild and wondrous ramifications of having a small kingdom attain wealth and power far beyond their means via leveraging of the world's first mass-produced magic missile batteries.
>>
>>377280780
Why is no one making a real 4e game? It was a shit p&p games but would make a sweet ass srpg.
>>
>>377282169
You are a shit p&p game.
Other than that, a turn based rpg would be lovely with 4e mechanics.
>>
Is the lore/world for Pathfinder even fucking interesting or good? I've played it plenty of times before since D&D faggots grovelled over it after D&D 4e and I never touched the Cores since it was pretty much a copy+paste of D&D 3.5 with slight fixes and upgrades, so I never took a look at the setting.

There has to be something considering 2009 - 2012 was the era of Pathfinder autism where merchandise and a shit ton of comics were popping out everywhere.
>>
>>377282574
It's a kitchen sink setting, think Warcraft with how they throw a bunch of mismatched stuff together with no regard for the consistency of lore.

I will give them though that they have some very interesting bits isolated here and there, it's just bogged down by the setting as a whole coming together as shit. It's much more problematic in theory than it is in practice though, and in this case everything will probably be decent at least for taking place in one region.
>>
>>377282454
Anyone but a 4rry will tell you it sucks, not quite on the d20 modern level of suck but fairly high on the suck scale. Then agin you have to be entirely unrelated to D&Dfinder entirely to not be on the suck scale somewhere when it comes to p&p rpgs
>>
>>377282735
Not him but is there metaplot to any D&D editions? I enjoy WoD because of all the interesting events.
>>
File: PO_t.jpg (84KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
PO_t.jpg
84KB, 475x356px
What the fuck ever happened to this game??

There was a whole kickstarter and everything suckering people into money and the game completely disappeared out of thin air. I haven't heard anyone else speak about, not even on /tg/.

Was it that shit?
>>
>>377282746
It is because of Fagget like you there are edition wars. You nigger fucks need to just die on a fucking train.
>Don't like what I don't like: the post.
>>
>>377282746
>4rry
I haven't seen that term in years. Anyways, for a turn based tactical RPG with a grind, 4e is pretty good. The big issue was the first Monster Manual having bloated defenses and HP for the monsters.
>>
>>377282858
They need more money. This is only a prototype.
>>
>>377282825
>metaplot to any D&D editions
Wizards do that shit to settings, not to editions.
>>
>>377280780
>made by the guys who made Etherlords
Instant buy, I don't even care if the game is shit, I just want to thank them for the endless hours I've spent playing the two Etherolds games as a poor kid who used to literally steal CDs from traders in the flea market.
>>
Dreamscarred Psionics or no buy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.