[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will this game ever be topped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
will this game ever be topped?
>>
Demon's Souls is a better Darks Souls 1 than Dark Souls 1
Bloodbourne Ultimatum is a better Demon's Souls sequel than Dark Souls 1
>>
it was already topped by demon souls before it even released
>>
File: 1387243614234.jpg (179KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1387243614234.jpg
179KB, 600x400px
Silly goose, it hasn't even topped Demon's Souls.

Bloodborne topped it as well.
>>
>>377280010
>>377280013
>>377280094
I can agree that Demons Souls is equal to or better than Dark Souls but Bloodborne is worse than both.
>>
>>377280134
Bloodborne is better. It has better gameplay, a better upgrade system, and doesn't turn to fucking dogshit half way through the game.

I swear people don't even actually look at Dark Souls objectively, they just remember all the memes and think the game is flawless.
>>
>>377279925
Happened two years ago.
>>
File: fight me.png (39KB, 549x413px) Image search: [Google]
fight me.png
39KB, 549x413px
BB > Des/Das > Das3
>>
>>377280427
>Bloodbourne was 5 years ago
Ugh where does the time gooooo
>>
>>377280134
blunderbored does suck. it's easy and the weapon design sucks ass
>>
>>377280323
Dark souls is rock solid mechanically and the game is meticulously designed until post Anor Londo. Bloordborne:
>launched in a broken state
>memory leak, enemies disappearing and reappearing, the fog door glitch where it drops to like 5 fps, loading screen was just the name of the game
>still has bad hitboxes like ds2 only not as egregious
Dark Soul's latter half is not dog shit by any means, try not using hyperbole. Also you get barely get enough upgrade materials for a single weapon, they actually had to give you another blood rock in the dlc since you only got ONE. One more thing, chalice dungeons and gems are fucking cancer, if you want to say that post Anor Londo ds1 is dogshit then those are too.
>>
The only problem with this serie is the Dark Souls sequels. BB, DeS1 and DaS1 are excellent. DaS II and III are just meme games
>>
>>377280504
I agree.
Extra goid boy points for excluding 2
>>
>>377280773
Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith are genuinely pretty shitty though
>lava is stupidly bright
>copypasted enemies
>vast stretches of nothingness, with very little to explore
>godawful bosses

Duke's, ToTG, and New Londo are way overblown as being terrible though.
>>
>>377280773
>launched in a broken state
Dark Souls had the same exact problem.
>>
>>377280094
I think that the reason demon souls toped dark souls for most players is the fact that they played des first, but as someone who played das first and des second I enjoyed das more. Just a theory though.
>>
>>377280773
Your argument on weapons would be valid if each individual weapon didnt have some 4x the attacks of a standard DaS weapon. The movesets are so varied and so many attacks are viable that you will likely never fully master your weapon by the end of the game.

Lets compare two broken weapons.

Zweihander. You have r1, you can spam it and poisebreak, it has fucktarded range as well. You have r2, which is a slower, but farther reaching attack. Roll attacks are generally completely unviable in DaS. Jump attack and r2 are interchangable, depending on what does more damage, the other is completely unviable, as they're so similar. I honestly don't know which deals more damage, however the animation, hitbox, and effects are the same, I use r2 because it reqires less fiddly imputs. You are using 2 attacks for the entire game with a zweihander build,

Ludwig's Holy Blade. One handed form is a mobile longsword. You have your slash combo, a stab on heavy attack. This alone matches the Zweihander in terms of viable attacks. However even in one handed mode, the dash attack is absolutely amazing with strong tracking range, and mobility. Jumping attack is outclassed by dash. Longsword mode has 3 viable attacks

Transformation attacks, both of them, are viable.

2 handed you have a claymore esque moveset, slash combos on r1, a stab r2, and a gaplosing jump attack. Dash attack is fairly weak. Another 3 situationally viable attacks.

Ludwig's Holy Blade has 8 viable attacks in total. Zweihander has 2.

Where BB lacks in weapon count, the weapons it has are exponentially better than DaS 1 or 2's weapon choices. choice weapons in 3 match BB's movesets.
>>
>>377279925
it was already topped by dark souls 3
>>
>>377279925
no
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 302x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 302x300px
>>377279925
Ez
>>
File: GO1inVq.png (218KB, 637x1470px) Image search: [Google]
GO1inVq.png
218KB, 637x1470px
>>377283350
this
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.