[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: DSRevan.jpg (69KB, 464x536px) Image search: [Google]
DSRevan.jpg
69KB, 464x536px
Is he/she a gary/marie sue?
>>
>>377273494
irrelevant terms when applied to blank slate characters that are defined by the players choices.
>>
>>377273494
>"Main Character, Background Character, Mary Sue, Jobber, you are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing."

Darth Malak said it best.
>>
>>377273494
Almost all playable characters are mary sues

Except in games like Spec Ops the Line where they railroad you into being a terrible person
>>
>>377273706
>defined by the players choices
The player only decides whether Revan is good or evil (in the end). You can't avoid being a super-powerful, extremely talented jedi/sith.
>>
>>377273824
>He didn't dump all his points into CHA and use a blaster.
>>
>>377273494
every main character in the star wars universe is a mary/gary-sue.
Every Jedi/Sith Lord is a mary/gary-sue.
SWTOR is filled up with special snowflake RPers.
>>
>>377273494

What game is this? I want to play as Kylo Ren too
>>
pre tor reven was actually a good character
>>
>>377273706
Not really, its all about how they portray it in the story
For example,in KOTOR II the exile is a deeply flawed character, and isnt able to create a perfect ending. In KOTOR, Revan is basically made out to be the biggest fucking badass of all time
>>
>>377273824
You can choose not to use the level up screen and play through the game as a milquetoast with no talents or skills whatsoever
>>
File: 1450592183374.jpg (14KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450592183374.jpg
14KB, 253x200px
>>377273903
>>377274028
>>
>>377274028
The game still says you're the best jedi evar
>>
>>377274237

Just being the best jedi ever doesn't make him a mary sue.
>>
>>377273494
>Game Revan
No
>Lore Revan
Oh yeah
>SWTOR Revan
He kinda sucks, but nope.

Revan, while defined mostly by player choices in the game, doesn't quite fit the Mary Sue type. Sure, pre-Gameplay Revan is right on the border, but he misses key points, and is fairly flawed as well.

Lore Revan is a sooper kewl 'Grey Jedi' type that's respected by both Jedi and Sith and who could basically win against everybody, and he even had a super hot wife that he constantly had sex with despite them both having been Jedi and, canonically, being heroes to the Jedi. He's so kewl and strong that it literally took the Vitiate to kill him, who is one of the biggest basket cases in Star Wars all together.

And for all its flaws, SWTOR did paint Revan as a fairly flawed character who was out of depth and, respectively, not as welcomed.
>>
File: heh.jpg (5KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
5KB, 222x200px
Are you kidding me? Revan has probably one of the worst histories/lives out of all the Star Wars characters. Everything that happens to him is out of his control. He gets tricked and used by everyone from the Sith to the Jedi, things happen beyond his knowledge, and he never seems to know what the fuck is going on because he loses himself.

Don't even get me started on his Bi-polar disorder.

>First becomes a Jedi
>Then he runs off and becomes a Sith, causing devastation, causing wars, and gets amnesia.
>Becomes good again and defeats his apprentice.
>In the books, he becomes evil for a while, works for the Sith Empire Emperor Darth Vitiate for a while.
>Gets tricked by the Sith into cryostasis (Fucking HOW??)
>Gets back out and works for Republic for a while, until getting defeated by a party of Sith warriors/players.
>"le was merely pretending" Comes back from the grave, becomes evil again and unleashes himself upon the galaxy, builds an army, and decides he wants to make his own Sith empire and wants to rule the galaxy.

Seriously fucking retarded.
>>
>>377275114
The problem with TOR Revan is that it didn't mesh with Light OR Dark Side Revan. For that matter, it also didn't match with Gray Revan or the Revan as presented in KotOR 2. It was a totally out of left field attempt to make a character who, for whatever traits he may have possessed, was always extremely grounded as losing his fucking shit and being a loonie at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>377275470
I blame reference culture, people always have to make callbacks to old shit and bring back characters whose stories are finished.
>>
>>377275114
>>377275306
>>377275470
>It was a totally out of left field attempt to make a character who, for whatever traits he may have possessed, was always extremely grounded as losing his fucking shit and being a loonie at the drop of a hat.
That's because it was Karpyshyn's temper tantrum after II gave Revan more depth and an actual characterisation.
>>
>>377273494
Singlehandedly ended a war to prevent another war from happening.
>>
>>377275306
>>377275114
>>377275470
I sometimes wonder if it's a blessing that I never played TOR.
>>
>>377273494
all bioware main characters are that
every single one of them
>>
>>377276842
Even Commander Shepard?
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (404KB, 664x924px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
404KB, 664x924px
>>377275114
>SWTOR did paint Revan as a fairly flawed character who was out of depth and, respectively, not as welcomed.

Holy crap, thinking about it now this is so true.

>Republic party enters into a Sith base to free captured Jedi prisoners. Accidentally wake Revan.
>Republic tells you to keep him alive since he's could be trouble for the Sith.
>Sith decide he must go and order a team to kill him. Revan is such a weak faggot a party of mid-level Sith players can defeat him.
>Revan comes out of nowhere and decides he must make a new empire and take over both the Republic and the Sith. Pissing off everyone isn't a smart idea. Everyone hates him, defeats him, and tells him to fuck off.

Revan was more like the nigger of SWTOR who was more of a nuisance getting in the way than just a "OMG He's back!!"
>>
>>377276554
I mean, if you're such a Revan fanboi, I wouldn't touch SWTOR if I were you. >>377277295
>>
>>377273494

Was Starkiller a Mary Sue?
>>
>>377277652
Nah. He couldn't see the future until he started normal Jedi training, and he probably only beat Vader because of the serious advantage he had with Force Lightning.
>>
>>377276554
>>377277535
It's not even about being a fanboy; I wouldn't touch TOR simply for how terrible the writing is. Count yourself lucky, anon.
>>
>>377276554
>>377277818
The only good story I've heard out of SWTOR is the Sith Warrior storyline, and having played it light side it's pretty hilarious. Likely the best thing to come out of the game.
>>
>>377275114
>Swtor Revan
>Hey Gary you know that one character everyone loves from the first Kotor game, we should put him in swtor
>Yeah that's a good idea, everyone likes Revan. I'm sure if we made a big endgame raid with him as the focus it'd really reward players who manage to complete it
>Nah, let's just put him in as a small midgame flashpoint and have none of his iconic gear drop from it so we can force players to spend fucktons on shitty lootboxes to get it
>>
File: Vette.png (1MB, 1920x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Vette.png
1MB, 1920x1425px
>>377278105
>Sith Warrior storyline, and having played it light side it's pretty hilarious. Likely the best thing to come out of the game
Yeah, I've heard the twi'lek is a pretty good waifu. Is it worth it? I've been thinking of trying out TOR for a while.
>>
>>377273494
Depends greatly on what version of the Mary Sue description you're using.

If it's my choice, the one where the Sue warps the universe around them so that literally everything is about just them, then no not really.

There are plenty of other people in the game doing their own things and having characterization outside of Revan his/herself. He/She isn't the entire universe, but she is still at the center and is very important.

As for if Revan's OP? I don't really know. There's plenty of OP shit in Star Wars, that's how that universe works. Sure Revan's a badass but moreso than Emperor Palps? Vader? Starkiller? Fucking Nihilious?
>>
>>377273494
Revan understood snacks.
>>
>Did male Revan playthrough
>enjoyed it enough
>decide for a femRevan playthrough
>plan to lez out with the catgirl
>half the dialogue in the game doesn't even work anymore

And that's when I uninstalled, and never played again.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.