[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got tired of Warcraft. Wanted to try something new that wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sns_01_blackdesert.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sns_01_blackdesert.png
365KB, 500x500px
Got tired of Warcraft. Wanted to try something new that wasn't just a worse version of WoW or EvE.

I was told this game was p2win korean grinding. I tried it anyways due to the novel economy systems.

Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be fun
>>
but is it p2w?
>>
>>377272013
About as p2w as Eve.
>>
>>377271142
We all went through the first character of fun. And then you try the other character that looked cool and it was also fun.

But then after the 3rd or 4th its just the same shit over and over with endless hours of grinding for your best in slot items from shitty drop rate "raid" bosses, which are really just 100 people tanking your frame rate in a dps rush. And then if you get the item you want good luck upgrading it because lol rng upgrade systems are so fun.

The combat almost saves the game. Sorceress, Beast Tamer, and Big Sword Guy are all top tier fun. But in the end you will drop billions of gold on items just so you can kill end game mobs slightly faster to get gold faster to buy stronger gear.

Im assuming you are in stage one of the fun part. But soon you will realize its a never ending cycle of grinding and breaking high end equipment because Koreans are faggots.

In summary. 10/10 MMO ruined by excessive grinding, shit upgrade mechanics, no end game worth mentioning, and autist playerbase.

But i will say the cash shop isnt p2w at all. The most OP thing you can get is pets to loot items for you and selling pets and cosmetics for chump change.
>>
>>377272095
What about the value pack that minus 30% market tax and other buffs?
>>
>>377272249
Its pretty good for the price but even at %30 discount your still paying hundreds of millions of gold for just one weapon whether you upgrade it yourself or buy it upgraded already.

Im ashamed to admit it but i spent nearly $1000 in the cash shop over a period of 4 months playing the game. And there isnt really anything to give you an advantage over other players other than being able to buy better gear than them early on. But if you wanted to buy best in slot full upgraded gear for every item for one character i reckon it would cost anywhere between $1000-$2000 irl. As well as it taking a couple months since you can only sell 5 cash shop items per week irl
>>
>>377271142
>novel economy system
what? Its communistic type of economy in which MODERATORS SET MIN AND MAX PRICES
trading between players is lietraly like trading with NPCs
>>
>>377272095
Luckily I didn't drop any dubloons onto the game and got to level 50 in the free trial week. I think you are right and I'm not going to buy the game itself.

But hey it was a pretty fun ride on the way up.
>>
>>377271142
It's a pretty fun idle game.
Definitely enjoyable until you try to play it.
>>
File: 1481314134074.gif (1MB, 232x201px) Image search: [Google]
1481314134074.gif
1MB, 232x201px
>>377272095
this post explains it pretty well

you'll get to lvl 56 and drop it pretty quickly after that. still worth it if you can get it for under $20
>>
>>377272013
It's pretty tame pw2 compared to other MMOs
>>
Shame it has no endgame and is literally a technical mess

There's no good MMORPGs out, were doomed
>>
>>377274123

>There's no good MMORPGs out,

This is our hell right now. I have a trio of chums and we are aching for a quality mmo but there is NOTHING
>>
>>377273683
Metzen leaving Blizzard was the final signal that all of the passion has been sucked from the company.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.