[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.jpg (53KB, 650x331px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
53KB, 650x331px
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
good thing no one cares about this shit
>>
>>377269104
They alienated their core audience changing the combat and then making the character a NEET and having it define him. Dub was the largest nail in the coffin.

But as far as Metacritic scores go it was niche anyhow so it wasn't going to make it above 70 even it it was a decent game.
>>
BIGGEST DUB EVER
>>
>>377269104
Whenever the userscore is the same or similar to the critic score, I know it's objectively that score.
>>
I dont get why xseed wanted to localize this. Did they have no choice?
>>
File: Fuck Best Buy!.jpg (37KB, 229x340px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Best Buy!.jpg
37KB, 229x340px
I'm so glad that I pre-ordered this game all those months ago. Best Buy truly has the best shipping.
>>
No stripping?
>>
>>377269104
Is this the first Persona ripoff after Midnight Animal?
>>
>>377269104

>that xseed localization MUH KKK CENSORSHIP guy buried his career over this turd
>>
>>377271692

Mind-0 is still a thing.
>>
>>377271692
>any game featuring high school kids is a Persona ripoff
I got news for you boyo.

Besides the gameplay is a Tales of ripoff right? but worse.
>>
>>377272352

wat
>>
>>377270532
They had no choice I think, part of a previous contract, they knew they were sending out a turd.
>>
>>377271692
Tell me explicitly how it is a persona knock-off.

>c-characters interact with one another
>>
>>377269104
is this based on that mgs pooping character?
>>
>>377272632

>parody of of a light switch company NKK is called KKK originally
>producers tell original devs behind localization team's back that it might be offensive to international audiences
>original devs change it of their own volition
>/ourxseedguy/ throws a shitfit crying MUH PRINCIPLES and decides to take his name off all future products his team works on
>all for a shit game

he died for nothing
>>
Where has Xseed's head been as of late? Why did they stake so much on this? They lost an Ys title over this shit, even.
>>
>>377272632
KKK gets censored in the game and renamed to something else. Xseed employee named Tom said he can't forgive it and said he'll remove himself from future games credits. He's a retard
>>
>>377273241
It's amazing how Tom still manages to have a job considering how willing he is to throw it away for some dumb shit.
>>
>>377273282

>decided to localize a shit received spinoff over a Ys game

they deserve to burn. I hope that xseed localization faggot is eating crow right now that he died on the MUH CENSORSHIP hill over a trash weeb game.
>>
>>377269104
It looks generic but I might buy it when it goes on sale.

>>377273241
Tom is an idiot.
>>
>>377273282
Ys AND Tokyo Xanadu (mind you they're on extremely friendly terms with Aksys). They aren't Nihon Falcom's first choice for localization anymore outside of the Legend of the Heroes games. Makes me wonder what's going on internally at XSEED.
>>
>>377269929
Someone explain this to me, cause apparently they changed the gameplay or some shit. What happened, I'm oit of th loop.
>>
Game looked like a pile of shit.

Real deluded weebs will still buy it.
>>
>>377273738

Oh yeah, that too. This is some surreal shit, man.
>>
>>377273496
Even if I think they're being retarded lately, them losing Ys isn't their fault. Xseed is just too small. NISA and Akysys had better deals for Falcom with a PC port for the game they're localizing.

That was back then though. Cold Steel on PC is being made by Xseed so looks like they're more competent now.
>>
>>377273750
This game is technically a sequel to Akiba's Trip, but basically nothing is similar between the two so it's weird that they bothered to attach that name to this game.
>>
>>377273750
It's a shoe string budget cookie cutter RPG, which uses the otaku/NEET culture as a backdrop, with a poor story and 'Tales of' light battle system. No longer a beat 'em up with a stripping mechanic.
>>
>>377269929

>it was niche anyhow so it wasn't going to make it above 70 even it it was a decent game.

Etrian Odyssey series averages above an 80 with the lowest receiving a 75 being the original DS release of the first installment.
>>
>>377274126
>Etrian Odyssey series averages above an 80 with the lowest receiving a 75 being the original DS release of the first installment.

and yet for some reason Atlus passed on releasing EO5 and picked the Caligula Effect.

While CE is okay, EO5 would of been much better
>>
>>377269104
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME
>>
>>377272551
Shut up
>>
File: 1473603708402.jpg (11KB, 227x294px) Image search: [Google]
1473603708402.jpg
11KB, 227x294px
>>377274550
>>
>>377274396

>the potential of EO5 not receiving english localization

I'm willing to let a delay slide because of the Persona 5 debacle but DON'T FUCK WITH HEART ATLUS! I KNOW I CAN PIRATE BUT I WANT SUPPORT MY LOLI DUNGEON CRAWL SIMULATOR BEFORE IT DIES!
>>
>>377274882
Are you willing to pay an extra $10 for an cd with four tracks?
>>
>>377274882

don't panic yet anon. Atlus is throwing a livestream party celebrating the 10th anniversary of the franchise's debut in north america on the 20th. If anything new is coming it has to be announced officially there. Right?!
>>
>>377275260
>10th anniversary of the franchise's debut in north america on the 20th

it's really been 10 years since we got raped by deer on the 2nd floor?
>>
>>377275065

I paid the Atlus tax for both Untolds and both SMT IV games. Gladly.
>>
>>377275260
If it's not announced there I think it's safe to say it's fucking dead
>>
>no pc release
Im glad it failed, maybe they will release on the PC now to try and squeeze some extra money out of it
>>
>>377269104
Is this like a poor man's Persona 5?
>>
>>377271380
Usually I tell people to buy games from Best Buy because of GCU, but in a bit of a twist of fucking fate, WalMart of all fucking places was the better deal when they had it at $20.
>>
>>377275670
If you want a poor man's Persona 5, try EO4. It should scratch the same dungeon crawling itch.
>>
>>377273496

While I think in this case he was wrong (it's a joke and should have been translated as such), arguing "muh censorship" is stupid and we absolutely need people willing to stand up for actual translations rather than childish nonsense.

The alternative is more bullshit like in Fates.
>>
>>377275389

/eog/ is on suicide watch until the 20th stream. 95% of me is praying that the localization of EOV is announced. 5% wants to watch the general commit an hero over the dead silence of Atlus USA potentially abandoning the 3DS.
>>
>>377275670
It's actually a poor man's tales of.. They even copied the Xillia 2 UI
>>
>>377269104
Is XSEED finished? Will NISA finally take Trails off their retarded hands?
>>
>>377273241
Wow so a guy stands up to censorship and you crucify him for it

If he had defended censorship then he would've gotten it even worse

Why is the internet so fucking retarded
>>
Not surprising. Even the Japs hated this.
>>
>>377275260
>>377276281
>Atlus giving a shit about their audience
I love their games, but I honestly just want the company to go away. Their games are the only good thing about them. Atlus JP and Atlus USA/NA just honestly don't seem to give a flying fuck about their customer base.
>>
How is any of this xseed's fault? Blame the developer for making a shit game, not the publisher that got screwed because the developer decided to make a shit game
>>
>>377273282
Allegedly one of the best ones too
>>
>>377277508
>Wow so a guy stands up to censorship and you crucify him for it
He died on a hill that nobody was even aware existed. It's not censorship, the original developers changed it without even being asked to.

Nobody would crucify him over it because all of like 20 people would actually play Akiba's Beat, notice the change they made, and get worked up about it. It's the pettiest shit ever, and the he actually can't have his name attach to ANY products from here on out over it.

It's so pointlessly stupid, you can't help but laugh.
>>
>>377277653
Did you just say you prefer Compile Heart over Atlus? Because that is what it sounds like you want.
>>
>>377278047
Not him but I generally enjoy the CH games I've played but almost never feel a need to play any atlus games at all. I played p5 but that's really it. And I'm not sure I even enjoyed it more than I enjoyed my neps.
>>
File: sony always wins baby.jpg (53KB, 597x850px) Image search: [Google]
sony always wins baby.jpg
53KB, 597x850px
>>377277653
Or they just know where the money is at
>>
>>377277763
Nah, what was XSeed's fault was going all in not on a risky ship, but one that already hit an iceberg and was halfway under
>>
>>377278047
Compile Heart releases their game the same amount of time later as Atlus. They release it at a normal price, however, and usually with original JP voices and subs. They have just as many meme translations as Atlus too. So, actually, yes, I wouldn't mind Compile Heart taking over from a publishing point of view.
>>
>xseed skipped on localizing Valkirye Drive
>ends up being legit good
Marvelous and Pqube are the heroes we need, pls localize Uppers.
>>
>>377278292
How does that impact your life? Let them spend money on a dub for a game nobody likes. Why should they take the fall while the developer gets a free pass? Who even makes these akiba games?
>>
>>377278148
>Release date
>JP: September 15, 2016
>WW: April 4, 2017
>Garbage translations
>Garbage voice acting
At least they finally learned to include the fucking JP voices as an option though. It only took them a fucking decade.
>>
>>377278317
Who cares about garbage like SK and Valkyrie Drive we need NET HIGH
I really don't know why Xseed said they won't localize it. Pls Pqube
>>
>>377278130
I got tired of Nep. So many games and they still haven't surpassed Dragon Quarter's gameplay.
>>
>>377278373
It impacts my life because I HAD been enjoying games XSeed was localizing, now they went pants on head retarded with a game and thought throwing even more money on it would somehow make it good. They could have done anything else and been better off
>>
>>377278437
>garbage translations
Go away Anthony
>>
>>377278373
Aquire didn't get a free pass. Fans are still pissed that they made Beat instead of a third Strip game. Everyone except Xseed figured it would bomb in the west after how badly it sold in Japan.
>>
>>377278552
Xseed localizing a lousy game does not impact your life dumbass. Get over yourself.

>>377278494
>playing neps for gameplay
>>
>>377269104
Vita fan here, shit game is shit. Wait for Tokyo Xanadu next month for a true school setting action RPG.
>>
>>377278665
>Parts of the game literally without subtitles
>Good translation
You got, Champ.
>>
>>377278787
Don't you mean wait for Tokyo Xanadu eX+?
>>
>>377278767
What else am I going to play it for? Story is shit and other games have better girls. To this day, the only decent thing to come out of CH was Omega Quintet's battle system.
>>
>>377278787
>Vitafags getting cucked out of new content twice

Based Falcom
>>
>>377278954
If you play it for the gameplay then you should like turn based combat enough that you don't complain about the gameplay. If you complain about the gameplay, then you shouldn't be playing for the gameplay.

Me, I love turn based JRPGs so I would never complain about the gameplay. I like it. With that said, it's not why I play the games. I play them for the characters, especially nepnep, whose shenanigans I can never get enough of.
>>
>>377277934
>He died on a hill

Except he still has his job there, it's just for whatever dumb reason once you choose to remove your name from the credits your name won't appear on the credits for future games.

But yeah, good job on being a retard anyway.
>>
File: 1475315873856.jpg (1MB, 2000x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1475315873856.jpg
1MB, 2000x1478px
>>377269104
its asian which means it lacks diversity and doesnt promote LGBT rights for trans people, automatic minus 50 from any real critic
>>
>>377280482
>Except he still has his job there
I never claimed he didn't. I'm saying his actions are stupid and not worth the cost of getting his name removed from the credits of future titles.

Assuming that Akiba's Beat doesn't tank XSeed entirely, in which case his actions had no effect on anything.
>>
DAY 1 PURCHASE
>>
>>377280648
So it should have scored 109?
>>
>>377280687
Why would it tanks xseed ? Are they doing really that badly ?
>>
>>377269104
>another terrible anime xseed trash game

woooow

that sucks
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.