[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad Max and DOOM are both the same price on PSN right now ($19).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: frd-ds-00253.jpg (351KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
frd-ds-00253.jpg
351KB, 1000x600px
Mad Max and DOOM are both the same price on PSN right now ($19). I can only afford one, which one should it be?

I've heard they're both solid games, I just want something that's <spoiler>fun</spoiler>
>>
nuDOOM gets repetitive and a total slog after first 3 or so maps. A pony of a single-trick, and horrible consolization downgrade of the winning formula.

Mad Max's... a postapocalyptic sandbox game.
>>
Doom is a no-nonsense oldschool shooter.

Mad Max is a vehicle combat game where the vehicle combat is boring and you do all the open world shit that already annoyed you in 10 other games.

I've never played it but I heard Doom was received very well.

Mad Max was a big disappointment and I didn't expect much to begin with.
>>
I don't know how we should know what kind of game you'll enjoy more.
>>
File: d4 upgrades.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
d4 upgrades.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>377265060
>Doom is a no-nonsense oldschool shooter.
except when it wants to play like an Ubisoft FPS game and make you menu-surf or watch cinematics.
>>
>>377265145
Well I love ubisoft sandbox games, but I'm not a big fan of the wham-bam fighting style of the Batman games, so I'm hesitant about Mad Max.

I like FPS games a lot, but I've heard Doom is pretty short and a bit samey.
>>
File: D4 -email.jpg (129KB, 583x836px) Image search: [Google]
D4 -email.jpg
129KB, 583x836px
>>377265060
>I've never played DOOM
>calls it a "no-nonsense oldschool shooter"
Looks like someone was bit by the Zenimax fleas.
>>
>>377265369
You've only told us that you're torn between the two. Decide for yourself.
>>
if you like open world collecathons you will get WAY more mileage (lol) out of mad max than nu doom. they both go on sale all the time so in the end its just a matter of which one you want to play first.
>>
Save your money, buy Talos Principle instead.
It plays pretty alright on a gamepad.
>>
>>377264508
Mad max is a cancerous collectathon.
It's like Ubisoft games cranked up to 11.

Doom is actually good.
>>
>>377264508
it's two 6/10 games of different style.
wouldn't wanna pick between those two.
>>
Doom is the last single player game I had fun playing.

>Playing games adapted from movies
>>
I'd say both are worth it, Doom is better, Mad Max is shitloads of fun at first, but if you do everything you do the same things every damn time. I hope they make a sequel just so they can get better variety.
>>
>>377265991
the Mad Max game has nothing to do with the Fury Road, if that's what you thouht.
>>
>>377264508
Get doom and play on arcade mode with glory kill flashing off.
>>
Get the last Wolfenstein game.
>>
File: mm.png (52KB, 272x148px) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
52KB, 272x148px
Got Mad Max on sale a few months ago. The vehicle and foot combat is casual as fuck. It's basically the most generic open-world sandbox imaginable (go up tall thing to reveal points of interest, complete challenges to unlock item, etc).

It's fun for a little bit but quickly becomes repetitive and stays that way until the end. That being said it looks pretty fucking nice on maximum settings at 1440p. If you really enjoy sandbox games, pick it up for no more than $10.
>>
>>377264508
Doom is some of the best fun you can have in a modern FPS. If you don't believe me just check out the demo.
Mad Max is a very poor game. They were clearly under time or budget constraints because you do the same things over and over, like the entire game is made up of Ubisoft sidequests.
>>
>>377266559
>If you don't believe me just check out the demo.
I did just that, and it made me avoid the game for good.
>>
get mad max, the car combat was good fun.
>>
>>377266685
Did you make this thread just as an excuse to creatively shit on Doom by saying it's a worse game than Mad fucking Max?
>>
>when you reveal all the scrap locations in mad max

literally puts every ubisoft game to shame (in the worst way possible)
>>
>>377265243
Not him, but playing through the game most of my menu time was on the map looking for unchecked areas in case there were secrets. As far as upgrades go however, I honesty didn't mind. At least they weren't numerous as fuck like in typical ubishit games. Also, you're bullshitting on the cinematics, there are probably only one or two that last more than a few seconds.

>>377265432
Looks like you didn't play the God damn game either given that you can turn literally all manner of notifications off.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.