[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Void

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: The Void.jpg (49KB, 325x460px) Image search: [Google]
The Void.jpg
49KB, 325x460px
>Don't fear death. There is no death in the Void
What did they mean by this?
>>
File: tumblr_n4t1zmVqOO1sns9vwo1_1280.jpg (302KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4t1zmVqOO1sns9vwo1_1280.jpg
302KB, 1280x799px
>>
>>377257273
Your character is already dead
>>
>>377257680
So by that logic, they cannot die again, or die in the conventional sense?
>>
>>377257872
It doesn't matter because nothing in the game is actually happening as it appears. It's a metaphor of painting. The Void is a canvas and how it's shaped depends on what colour is used.
>>
>>377258287
So then, what do the Brothers represent?
I always figured they represented all the negative thoughts and emotions someone feels when making anything.
>>
Anyone have the interview quotes from the writer about women? I always found them pretty interesting and how he wrote the game.
>>
>>377258396
The sisters represent the different forms of expression and personalities when making art, the brothers represent inertia, inaction and just consumption. Just listen to their philosophy, that you must not give and only take.
>>
Sister Death and Ole are best girls. Ole was the only one I helped ascend.
>>
>>377258970
>must not give, only take
Sounds like American foreign policy.

I'm on my second play-through, I'm going to try and save the Nameless Sister. Her personality rings closest to my own.
>>
File: Void_31.jpg (135KB, 567x850px) Image search: [Google]
Void_31.jpg
135KB, 567x850px
>>377257273
>I am the Colour of your power and fame.
>>
Every drop of Color counts. Never waste anything. What you put in affects what you'll get out of it. Put in too much Color, and you'll damage the Void.
>>
So I love the idea/art/concept/story ect of this game, even the gameplay to some extent, but I HATE games that you can fail almost immediately and they allow you to continue playing, doomed, until you eventually run out of resources without some kind of feedback. I've tried 3 times over the course of a few years, and each time I eventually just die, exhausted of my paint, due to how brutally efficient you must be.
I even love games like CoQ or DCSS, but man, I don't think I can get up the gumption to try again, even though I still really want to finish it ;_;
>>
This is an art game about art. But it's still a game and video games aren't an art form.
>>
>>377259629
I think the devs even admitted at some point that they may have made it just a bit too hard.
>>
>>377259676
>video games aren't art
Get out.
>>
>>377258396
More like they're your inner demons preventing you from making anything.
>>
>>377259704
They're the same bastards who made Pathologic. I can't beat that damn game but I wish I could because it's so awesome otherwise. I had an easier time getting through The Void.
>>
File: 1483406844590.jpg (36KB, 576x507px) Image search: [Google]
1483406844590.jpg
36KB, 576x507px
>>377257273
Patriarch best brother
>>
>>377259798
They're not all bad though. Some have fairly grey moralities, Tyrant in particular doesn't seem to give a shit and you don't have to meet him. Patriarch is a decent guy. Also some of the sisters are cunts.
>>
>>377260063
Patriarch was my favorite grandpa. It was a shame to knock him out. He was one of those obstacles that was cool, gentle, but still trying to stop you from moving on.
>>377259881
To be fair, I heard they had a rough time porting the English version. With the new one being remade, they're going to fix it, I hear.
>>377260142
What are you talking about? Tyrant is completely mental. He was the first Brother I had to defeat.
>>
I think Warden is the only brother who is actually evil
>>
>>377260142
It's their impact, not their morality, that counts. They're following the basic rule of "only take" in their own ways, but they all follow it.
>>
>>377260316
The Brothers have an skewed Morality. To them, they are not evil and are doing only the good deeds Color demands of them. Before you arrive in the Void, they took care of the Sisters and grew Gardens. Does that excuse them imprisoning the Sisters? No, but it shows that they are capable of some compassion.

Although from Warden, I get a Pedo-Vibe with him and Yani.
>Imagine Yani being trapped in his cage, looking at him in a beautiful dress with a sullen expression while he looks on her with a raspy smile.
>>
>>377260729
Warden/Yani is easy to interpret at least. The daydream that you keep going over but never turn into a work.
>>
>>377261042
I got stuck on the last dream of the surface. I feel like I was suppose to go to the roof, but I never figured out how.
>>
>Each of the Colors represents a bundle of traits and dualisms: Gold, the Color of trust and self-sacrifice (so, paradoxically, destruction); Azure, the Color of movement and speed (and, therefore, suffering and inevitability—or as the Brothers say, "approaching storm, bringer of death, searing whip!"); Amber, the Color of metabolism, consumption, thirst, aging; Emerald, the Color of defense, protection, resilience, emotional distance; Crimson, "furious, color of avengers and prophets, banner of the righteous, essence of blood" (I love the Brothers' battle chant); Violet, the Color of knowledge, cultivation, creativity; Silver, the color of chance, luck, danger.

>The Sisters each favor two of the Colors, and this combination leads to cognizable, distinct personalities. Ava, with Amber and Violet, is eager, domineering, creative, lively. She's an extroverted, relationship-focused team builder. Eli, with Crimson and Silver, is driven, focused, solitary, and aloof. She's introverted, task-oriented, and a little fatalistic. Ima (Azure/Emerald) suffers alone in her tower — surviving, despite her on-going torment, by dulling her emotions and burying her fears. She is a classic sufferer of depression. Ire (Amber/Gold), on the other hand, is experienced and bold. She exposes herself and her thoughts freely and easily to other people.
>>
>>377258927
What did he say?
>>
File: Ima.jpg (127KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Ima.jpg
127KB, 1300x1300px
>>377261448
>Ima (Azure/Emerald) suffers alone in her tower — surviving, despite her on-going torment, by dulling her emotions and burying her fears

>open up 1-2 hearts and she asks why you're bothering with her, she's doomed anyway
>open 3 and she leans forward, her voice wavering with something like hope, and asks if you can save her
Oof, my little babby heart can't deal with this
>>
I want to get a Russian mail order bride and pretend I'm a Brother
>>
File: 2013-01-05_00008.jpg (151KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-05_00008.jpg
151KB, 1360x768px
>>377262284
>clanking around the house on stilts while your wife sits in the bathtub, drugged out of her mind
Sounds like a happy marriage to me.
>>
>>377262820
I was curious and checked out some of these Russian sites. They're mostly in their thirties and looking to just settle down.
>>
>>377263208
from the sound of it most probably just want to get the hell out of dodge, if you're not broke and not an awful person you're probably just what they're looking for.
>>
>>377261976
I chose her in the end, how badly did I screw up?
>>
>>377257273
There's no death but you can fuck up your playthrough that you won't be able to win the game. That's even worse.

Love this game though. The only game I'd consider art.
>>
>>377263784
About as badly as me, comrade.
The only correct answer was your answer. or Sister Death
>>
>>377257273

There are worse things than death here.
>>
>>377258287
Ah, I honestly didn't pick up on that, but reading this thread it makes a lot of sense. The whole time I tried beating this game, I was just too overwhelmed by how fucking weird every single aspect was to even begin to consider how they fit together as a whole.

>>377259629

Yeah, I fucking hated playing this game, and it's not like I didn't try; logged a good 25+ hours into it I think. First playthrough was fucked from the start because I didn't understand a thing and died a slow death. Second playthough I just made a few mistakes resulting in a slow, agonizing lose state for hours.

I love this studio's bravery; Pathologic was an agonizingly slow game, but I like to think that the mood of the game couldn't have been expressed otherwise. Considering the painting metaphor in this game, I would also like to think that losing in this game is meant to invoke the feeling of struggling to save a failed piece of art; what with the self-doubt and seeing all your mistakes add up and consume the entire work.

But boy does it not make a good game to play. I would never reccomend it to anyone.
>>
>>377264212
>I would also like to think that losing in this game is meant to invoke the feeling of struggling to save a failed piece of art
There's a line in The Picture of Dorian Gray where the painter says of the title's painting "I have put too much of myself into it." I think that's what they were going for here. You're literally painting the world with your lifeblood - the thing you make is made out of you. Not to get too pretentious here but from the point of view of an artist, sometimes the thing you make ends up consuming you.

The Void is about the process of creating art. What emotions you put into it, what sources you draw from, your muses, your detractors, etc. etc. I'm rambling here.

Though personally I didn't find it too too difficult, I had to restart twice I think but liberal application of savescumming on bosses helped a lot, which is probably why I look on it a lot more fondly than you seem to.
>>
File: echo.jpg (203KB, 1017x1600px) Image search: [Google]
echo.jpg
203KB, 1017x1600px
Literally me
>>
File: 2013-01-12_00009.jpg (203KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-12_00009.jpg
203KB, 1360x768px
>>377265167
NICE HEELS, FAG
I never gave her anything besides a couple drops, was there any point? Echo was at least an infodump, the other wandering sister was just a cunt.
>>
>>377265452
>the other wandering sister was just a cunt.
She literally represents edgelord artists
>>
File: Aya.jpg (91KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Aya.jpg
91KB, 1300x1300px
>>377265708
Heh, that's pretty funny. The 'masturbates live with a can of spaghettios' Sister.
>>
>>377257273
Anyone have a torrent of this?
>>
>>377265905
She's an agent of chaos.
>>
>>377265954
It's available on GOG.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.